Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

We are arriving in 6 days! we were supposed to stay at the VGF but DH had to change our dates and it was sold out so now we're at BLT - but we have a early breakfast at the GF Cafe before heading to MK - can someone check the status of the walkway from GF to MK - we'd love to walk but if the boat is open we'd go that way too - or the monorail but I keep hearing the lines can be long first thing in the morning!

thanks!

Hey guys. On Page 1 I added a section for Room Views. If anyone has recent photos from their stay, can you please share your room view photo, along with your room number? I'll link your post under the appropriate building.

Also - would you like me to add views of the Villas as well?? Or would you just prefer the main hotel? I'd love to get your opinions. Thank you!
I'd say put the villas views in the villas thread.

trishadono you have a wonderful trip also, I tried to multiquote but only one came through. Looking forward to pics.

I should be packing but have cancelled our big anniversary RPC trip for next week. :sad:
I am so sorry! Happy anniversary tho!

@BlueSkies can forward my texted ones to you so you get them faster. I don't always post all on here.

Thank you very much! Actually, i'd appreciate it if you guys can post your room views here, and I will link your posts to the room number on Page 1. Thank you!!
We were fortunate in Jan 2019 and Jan 2020 to have an "01" Room in the Main Building.

Here's the view from 4301

And the fireworks view from 4301 (Here's hoping we get Fireworks back soon

We had 4401 this past January and I guess I didn't take any "straight on" shots but it was exactly like 4301 except a little above the trees. Here's the views to the LEFT of the balcony (since it's on the very end)

And here's looking towards the right

Gasparilla's is right below.

We were fortunate in Jan 2019 and Jan 2020 to have an "01" Room in the Main Building.

Here's the view from 4301

View attachment 530319

And the fireworks view from 4301 (Here's hoping we get Fireworks back soon

View attachment 530320

We had 4401 this past January and I guess I didn't take any "straight on" shots but it was exactly like 4301 except a little above the trees. Here's the views to the LEFT of the balcony (since it's on the very end)

View attachment 530321

And here's looking towards the right

View attachment 530323

Gasparilla's is right below.

View attachment 530322

This is the view from room 7216 in Conch Key. That is Narcoossee's to the left and the path to boat dock right in front of the building.

THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH!!

We are arriving in 6 days! we were supposed to stay at the VGF but DH had to change our dates and it was sold out so now we're at BLT - but we have a early breakfast at the GF Cafe before heading to MK - can someone check the status of the walkway from GF to MK - we'd love to walk but if the boat is open we'd go that way too - or the monorail but I keep hearing the lines can be long first thing in the morning!

thanks!

It’s not open yet. They are putting up lamp lights on the GF side. I thought the other side of the bridge was completely done, but my husband said it wasn’t when we took the monorail yesterday. We are going to MK shortly so I’ll check it out.648DD01E-7C97-44EC-914D-A946D9549716.jpeg

Could anyone there now let me know if the kiddie splash pad is open? I just saw a youtube video from just before the reopening that said it was still closed (they were staying at the villas). I have a little one whose favorite thing in the world is splash pads so wondering if it is closed if they would let us go down to the poly and use the one there. Hopefully it opened at GF with the rest of the resort.

Could anyone there now let me know if the kiddie splash pad is open? I just saw a youtube video from just before the reopening that said it was still closed (they were staying at the villas). I have a little one whose favorite thing in the world is splash pads so wondering if it is closed if they would let us go down to the poly and use the one there. Hopefully it opened at GF with the rest of the resort.
Replying to myself because I just found a more recent youtube video with the splash pad open. Phew!

LeSigh thanks for the pics of my happy place.

I'll have to find my Grand Suite pics( #4001) and my pics from 2 bed pixie dusted suite (#4002) well I know where they are but I got a new laptop (a major upgrade from my HP) and the external drive thingy
doesn't plug into a MAC. Whoops wonder if I can get a new cord to fit.

We checked in yesterday and everybody has been so very nice and helpful. Not that it typically different, but this time it just seems to be a higher degree. We booked a lagoon view with my AP discount. I have never stayed here non-CL, so didn’t know what to expect and made no requests. We were assigned Conch Key 7211. Very nice room BUT there is a big ‘ole tree in front of the balcony. We couldn’t really even see the water. (Sorry, I did not take a picture). We walked back to main bldg and explained and asked if there was another room. Again, staff was very helpful. They found us a a couple of choices and showed us pictures of the view so we could choose. We moved over to Big Pine Key. We have a dormer style room, which feels so much larger than the standard, although I think it is actually a bit smaller. Will post pics of view later. We had dinner at GF Cafe, and that was very nice, followed by a drink at Enchanted Rose. (I realize how much I miss CL when I have to buy a drink, LOL. ) Happy to be back and so far we are feeling very safe. Disney is doing a great job.

We checked in yesterday and everybody has been so very nice and helpful. Not that it typically different, but this time it just seems to be a higher degree. We booked a lagoon view with my AP discount. I have never stayed here non-CL, so didn’t know what to expect and made no requests. We were assigned Conch Key 7211. Very nice room BUT there is a big ‘ole tree in front of the balcony. We couldn’t really even see the water. (Sorry, I did not take a picture). We walked back to main bldg and explained and asked if there was another room. Again, staff was very helpful. They found us a a couple of choices and showed us pictures of the view so we could choose. We moved over to Big Pine Key. We have a dormer style room, which feels so much larger than the standard, although I think it is actually a bit smaller. Will post pics of view later. We had dinner at GF Cafe, and that was very nice, followed by a drink at Enchanted Rose. (I realize how much I miss CL when I have to buy a drink, LOL. ) Happy to be back and so far we are feeling very safe. Disney is doing a great job.

Have a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter