Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Any idea when Narcoosees will reopen?
According to the article I posted HERE, there is no opening date as of yet.

Quoting the article:

‘There is no word yet on what changes will be made, but the table service restaurant will reopen later in 2022 with enhancements. Reservations will continue to be available at Narcoossee's through June 17 2022.’

I hope sooner than later!

Quoting the article:

‘There is no word yet on what changes will be made, but the table service restaurant will reopen later in 2022 with enhancements. Reservations will continue to be available at Narcoossee's through June 17 2022.’

We're staying there in late August, so disappointed to hear they will likely be closed. Maybe the work will go fast and we'll get lucky!

We're staying there in late August, so disappointed to hear they will likely be closed. Maybe the work will go fast and we'll get lucky!

I hear ya! It’s our ‘must do’ restaurant every GF stay in the fall, so I’d definitely be disappointed as well, if for some reason it’s not open by then! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! You never know!

Anyone know if Amazon Fresh delivers directly to the rooms?
Here’s some information directly from Disney’s Website:

Getting Grocery Orders Delivered to Your Disney Resort Hotel Room

Grocery deliveries are subject to the Disney Resort hotel’s policies and may be unavailable, limited or restricted. If the delivery service vendor requires age or ID verification, Guests are required to meet and accept delivery directly from the vendor; Disney Resort hotels will not accept delivery of such orders on behalf of any Guest.

For other grocery orders delivered to the Disney Resort hotel during your vacation, a $6 fee will be charged to your room account for each grocery delivery order brought to your room by Bell Services or Luggage Assistance. Alternatively, these deliveries may be picked up in the Resort Lobby from Bell Services or Luggage Assistance at no charge.

Hope that helps.

Quoting the article:

We ate at Narcoossee’s last Thursday and our server said they are completely redoing the back kitchen and have been told that they are hoping to re-open for the holidays. When I asked if that meant Christmas, she clarified that she herself took it to mean Thanksgiving. She did not know where she would be working during the renovations.

We ate at Narcoossee’s last Thursday and our server said they are completely redoing the back kitchen and have been told that they are hoping to re-open for the holidays. When I asked if that meant Christmas, she clarified that she herself took it to mean Thanksgiving. She did not know where she would be working during the renovations.
That’s wonderful! Thank you for sharing!! 🙂

We ate at Citricos on Friday and I asked our server about 1900 Park Fare - he did not know when it would reopen but did say he ate in there at a private event last week and 1900 Park Fare had NOT been refurbished during its closure.
(I had been wondering if they would take advantage of the closure to do a refurbish there too).

We ate at Citricos on Friday and I asked our server about 1900 Park Fare - he did not know when it would reopen but did say he ate in there at a private event last week and 1900 Park Fare had NOT been refurbished during its closure.
(I had been wondering if they would take advantage of the closure to do a refurbish there too).

I'm starting to think it's odd that 1900 Park Fare and the Garden View Tea Room still haven't re-opened (there's very few restaurants left on property at this point that haven't reopened.) I agree, I would have thought they'd use the prolonged closure to refurbish. So now I'm wondering - could they possibly have other plans for them? I think they both could benefit from a nice refurbishment but I hope they don't eliminate them! I know there were rumors a few months back about the lobby possibly being rethemed - maybe they're going to stay closed until that occurs? (*if* that occurs.)

I'm starting to think it's odd that 1900 Park Fare and the Garden View Tea Room still haven't re-opened (there's very few restaurants left on property at this point that haven't reopened.) I agree, I would have thought they'd use the prolonged closure to refurbish. So now I'm wondering - could they possibly have other plans for them? I think they both could benefit from a nice refurbishment but I hope they don't eliminate them! I know there were rumors a few months back about the lobby possibly being rethemed - maybe they're going to stay closed until that occurs? (*if* that occurs.)
Perhaps they are still struggling to recruit and train new staff quickly enough to reopen all their venues. We had a trainee server alongside our ’proper’ server who was learning the ropes and I saw a couple more trainees there too.
On the positive side, at least it gives us another ‘different’ location to look forward to trying at our next GF stay!

Couple questions:

1. Do they still have the robes in the room?

2. If not, are they available for purchase somewhere?

3. What sizes do the robes go up to?

Recommendations for Studio with a Theme Park View anyone?
When it was just Boca chica the rooms facing the pool where GV, the opposite side facing Poly and the lagoon were LV and the rooms on the far end were the TPV.

The upper floors do have a better view but some people like 1st floor so they dont need elevators.
Couple questions:

It’s a one size fits all robe in the closet. My last stay was March 22.

Couple questions:

They had robes in the YC CL rooms. These are long robes. They sold a similar robe in the YC gift shop. It was the same fabric but knee length instead of ankle length.

I've heard the new DVC resort rooms have a beverage chiller that is not cool enough for milk, but what about the regular resort rooms, do those have a fridge that gets cold enough for milk or other perishables?

I've heard the new DVC resort rooms have a beverage chiller that is not cool enough for milk, but what about the regular resort rooms, do those have a fridge that gets cold enough for milk or other perishables?
Yes I’ve never had an issue with the resort fridges. The original VGF rooms are good too. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter