Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I hate to ask such basic questions, but....when we valet park upon check-in at the GF, does bell services go separately to our room with our bags, do we have to call for the bags, or do they walk with us? When checking out, is there a preferred way to coordinate the bags being picked up and the car being ready out front?

I'm all about process and knowing what to expect, even in the boring details. Sorry :)

I hate to ask such basic questions, but....when we valet park upon check-in at the GF, does bell services go separately to our room with our bags, do we have to call for the bags, or do they walk with us? When checking out, is there a preferred way to coordinate the bags being picked up and the car being ready out front?

I'm all about process and knowing what to expect, even in the boring details. Sorry :)
Typically, when you check in, you leave your bags with bell services at the porte-cochère (i.e. the covered area for your car in front of the building). There's a Bell Services stand. Sometimes they immediately come to your car; sometimes you have to flag them down. Someone collects your luggage there and places it on a cart. They count the number of pieces and hand you a claim ticket.

You then call them once you arrive at your room. You must remain in your room until they drop off your luggage. Nearly always, the person you leave your luggage with is different than the person who brings your luggage to your room.

I am trying to decide between garden view rooms - either 4 days at Grand Floridian, or 5 days at Boardwalk. The price for both is within $150. Has anyone stayed at both? I have only been to Grand Floridian. I would love to hear opinions.
Hey - I have stayed at both. I like the GF resort better from a room and plain magestic point of view, but the location of Boardwalk better for what we like to do for the parks. We really enjoy walking to both Hollywood and Epcot, so we often end up gravitating towards BW. If you have plans to really tackle Magic Kingdom, then GF would vault ahead imo.

Where can I find printable menus for the restaurants at the GF? And what is the dress code for them? Thanks this is a once in a lifetime stay for my birthday, leaving this friday..

Where can I find printable menus for the restaurants at the GF? And what is the dress code for them? Thanks this is a once in a lifetime stay for my birthday, leaving this friday..

Full menus are printable and on the Disney World website. The dress is code is also on each restaurant page, just scroll down a little.

How exciting, have a magical trip!

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort Bus Stop Temporarily Relocated Due to Maintenance

Guests currently staying at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa should be aware that the resort's bus stop will be temporarily relocated to the porte cochère (located in front of the main building) from April 27-29 due to routine maintenance taking place near the permanent bus stop. The bus stop is currently expected to reopen on April 30.

Directional signs will guide Guests to the temporary Disney Transportation bus stop.

Can someone clarify for me if the regular resort rooms, NOT dvc are being remodeled? Or is it JUST dvc rooms? Thank you!!

Roof Work Continues on The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort

Roof work continues on The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort as new Disney Vacation Club Resort Studios are created, and the building is refurbished.

g8si6K9V-grand-floridian-construction-0-1200x900.jpg

Shingles have been removed from several sections of this building.

grand-floridian-construction-6-1200x900.jpg

1651196656302.jpeg1651196697646.jpeg

*Click link for additional pics/info.

If anyone will be there this month, can you please take a picture of the Recreation Calendar for me? Thank you in advance!! 😊

Roof Work Continues on The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort

Roof work continues on The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort as new Disney Vacation Club Resort Studios are created, and the building is refurbished.

g8si6K9V-grand-floridian-construction-0-1200x900.jpg

Shingles have been removed from several sections of this building.

*Click link for additional pics/info.

I noticed they have removed a number of trees on the Lake View side of the building. That should improve the lake views, as there has been some complaints in the past about the trees blocking the views from some rooms.

A before view...
bpk.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter