Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I can’t wait wait to get back!! Took the suitcases down yesterday!! I’m getting excited!!!! :goodvibes

View attachment 616205
Your trip must be close...that is exciting! When do you leave? We'll be at BWI CL for a quick trip November 13-15, but we're not back in RPC until the weekend before Christmas. Rack Rate in RPC (or anywhere really) is much harder to justify at the increased prices! My DD23 insisted that we stay there at least a couple of nights for our Christmas trip because it's just so beautiful with the Christmas tree and gingerbread house, but my youngest DD is going to college next fall so I see lots of split stays or shorter stays in our future lol!

Your trip must be close...that is exciting! When do you leave? We'll be at BWI CL for a quick trip November 13-15, but we're not back in RPC until the weekend before Christmas. Rack Rate in RPC (or anywhere really) is much harder to justify at the increased prices! My DD23 insisted that we stay there at least a couple of nights for our Christmas trip because it's just so beautiful with the Christmas tree and gingerbread house, but my youngest DD is going to college next fall so I see lots of split stays or shorter stays in our future lol!

Christmas is SO beautiful at The Grand (and Disney in general!!) I’m SO excited the gingerbread house will be back, but the one thing still missing is the band. 🥺 Hopefully the piano player will be playing nightly for the holidays. Wow your trip is soon, too!! I think the food looks amazing at BWI CL!! Thinking of changing our GDT CL for it next summer!!! Want to see how we like it first when we go in December!!I Hope you have a great time!

Christmas is SO beautiful at The Grand (and Disney in general!!) I’m SO excited the gingerbread house will be back, but the one thing still missing is the band. 🥺 Hopefully the piano player will be playing nightly for the holidays. Wow your trip is soon, too!! I think the food looks amazing at BWI CL!! Thinking of changing our GDT CL for it next summer!!! Want to see how we like it first when we go in December!!I Hope you have a great time!
Totally agree about the band/orchestra!! It's what really set the Grand apart from every other hotel! I'm still hoping they'll bring them back! I'll be looking forward to your review of GDT CL!

Oh, Christmas at the Grand! Just the thought is enough to go giggly as a five year old! I can close my eyes and remember the melding aromas of gingerbread and Basin White. The Tree, the House ... the Orchestra ... :sad: ... Well, happy trails to all who have such joyful plans as a GF trip at Christmas!

We are planning on staying one night at the GF in August (a Thursday). What are the chances I will be able to book a cabana at the pool for our arrival day at 60 days out? Anything I can do to increase my odds? Thanks!

We are planning on staying one night at the GF in August (a Thursday). What are the chances I will be able to book a cabana at the pool for our arrival day at 60 days out? Anything I can do to increase my odds? Thanks!

Just make sure you call as soon as booking opens up! Good luck and have fun!

Page 3 Rescue!!

Does anyone have any GF trips coming up?!
I an still waffling between GF RPC and CR Atrium for a trip in 3 weeks. I need to get it together! I want to stay RPC soooooo much, I’ve never stayed there, but my sister and niece will be at CR, so I’m double booked. We’ll be together every day, doing 2 Xmas parties and a fireworks party, and have all our park res together, so I am trying to justify staying at GF, even though I should probably switch… I am really not excited to stay in the CR cartoon rooms, though! @mrsap, dying to hear your thoughts when you’re there!

I an still waffling between GF RPC and CR Atrium for a trip in 3 weeks. I need to get it together! I want to stay RPC soooooo much, I’ve never stayed there, but my sister and niece will be at CR, so I’m double booked. We’ll be together every day, doing 2 Xmas parties and a fireworks party, and have all our park res together, so I am trying to justify staying at GF, even though I should probably switch… I am really not excited to stay in the CR cartoon rooms, though! @mrsap, dying to hear your thoughts when you’re there!

Ugh… that’s tough. I, personally, would pick GF hands down. I just love the property, the pools, the atmosphere. However, back in 2018, we stayed separately from friends who we normally travel with (we stayed at Poly while they stayed at BC) and it just wasn’t the same!! We missed having them to hang with, especially at the pool (drinks at the pool are more fun with friends!!) lol The only positive for you is, even though the rooms have The Incredibles on the walls, you are getting newly renovated rooms… which is the one thing GF lacks right now. Good luck deciding!! Have a great time!!!!

I’ll definitely post lots of pics! I’m getting so excited!!!

Foodie Guide to Holidays at Disney Resort Hotels

Grand Floridian

Cítricos
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake – Pumpkin cheesecake resting on a spiced chiffon cake topped with cassis mousse and a pumpkin seed-ginger crumble with caramel sauce (available Nov. 27)
Gasparilla Island Grill
  • Pumpkin Pie Cake Pop – Pumpkin spice jumbo cake pop enrobed in white chocolate to resemble an autumn pumpkin (available Nov. 1-Dec. 1)
  • Fall Flavors Cupcake – Cinnamon-spiced cupcake with apple filling topped with a sugar pumpkin and maple buttercream in festive fall colors (available Nov. 1-Dec. 1)
  • Happy Holidays Cake Pop – Triple chocolate cake pop enrobed in white chocolate with festive winter décor (available Dec. 1-Jan. 1)
  • Very Merry Minnie Mouse Cupcake – Chocolate cupcake filled with cookies and cream mousse and topped with ganache-dipped buttercream with cookie ears and chocolate a holiday bow (available Dec. 1-Jan. 1)
  • Red Velvet Wreath Cupcake – Red velvet cupcake filled with cream cheese mousse and topped with a vanilla buttercream wreath and a chocolate bow (available Dec. 1-Jan. 1)
  • S’more Cookie – Graham chocolate chip cookie piled with toasted marshmallows and M&M’S (available Dec. -Jan. 1)
Narcoossee’s
  • Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake – Pumpkin cake filled with white chocolate cream cheese mousse with brown sugar glaze and orange marmalade sauce (available Nov. 27)

Foodie Guide to Holidays at Disney Resort Hotels

Grand Floridian

Cítricos
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake – Pumpkin cheesecake resting on a spiced chiffon cake topped with cassis mousse and a pumpkin seed-ginger crumble with caramel sauce (available Nov. 27)
Gasparilla Island Grill
  • Pumpkin Pie Cake Pop – Pumpkin spice jumbo cake pop enrobed in white chocolate to resemble an autumn pumpkin (available Nov. 1-Dec. 1)
  • Fall Flavors Cupcake – Cinnamon-spiced cupcake with apple filling topped with a sugar pumpkin and maple buttercream in festive fall colors (available Nov. 1-Dec. 1)
  • Happy Holidays Cake Pop – Triple chocolate cake pop enrobed in white chocolate with festive winter décor (available Dec. 1-Jan. 1)
  • Very Merry Minnie Mouse Cupcake – Chocolate cupcake filled with cookies and cream mousse and topped with ganache-dipped buttercream with cookie ears and chocolate a holiday bow (available Dec. 1-Jan. 1)
  • Red Velvet Wreath Cupcake – Red velvet cupcake filled with cream cheese mousse and topped with a vanilla buttercream wreath and a chocolate bow (available Dec. 1-Jan. 1)
  • S’more Cookie – Graham chocolate chip cookie piled with toasted marshmallows and M&M’S (available Dec. -Jan. 1)
Narcoossee’s
  • Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake – Pumpkin cake filled with white chocolate cream cheese mousse with brown sugar glaze and orange marmalade sauce (available Nov. 27)

Ooh, yummy, mrsap! Okay, now I’m hungry! :goodvibes There are so many fun things to enjoy at the GF during the Festive Season! Could you throw me a Minnie Mouse Cupcake!?

So… I was talking to my DD (13) last night and we were talking about The Grand and how excited we are about our upcoming stay there. She then says “I can’t wait to see the pool bar attendant. I think it’s great he always remembers us!!” She even remembered his name!!! I mean, there’s two things wrong with her comment to me… #1 - she’s looking forward to seeing the pool bar attendant and #2 - I’m not sure if it’s a positive that the pool bar attendant always remembers us 😂😂 I laughed way too hard last night!!!!! Thought I’d share! 🙃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!