Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Does anyone know the cost for extra housekeeping? That would be nice.
This was from Aug of 2022 so not sure if it's still accurate.

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
  • Studio/Inn Room - $15.00 per day requested
  • One-Bedroom - $20.00 per day requested
  • Two-Bedroom - $25.00 per day requested
  • Three-Bedroom - $35.00 per day requested
Empty the trash and replace liners in trash bins; Provide fresh bathroom towels; Replenish bathroom amenities, facial tissues, toilet paper; Replenish coffee, sugar, artificial sweetener, creamer; Replenish dishwashing liquid, dishwasher soap, sponges, and laundry detergent as needed in One-, Two-, and Three-Bedroom Vacation Homes

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
  • Studio/Inn Room - $30.00 per day requested
  • One-Bedroom - $45.00 per day requested
  • Two-Bedroom - $60.00 per day requested
  • Three-Bedroom - $75.00 per day requested
Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service plus: Change the bed linens; Vacuum and dust; Clean the bathroom(s); Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes

My fiancé and I will be staying at the villas next week to celebrate his Aunt's birthday who is now part of the DVC with his family! 🥳 We've never stayed at GF before nor have we stayed in any of the Villas so this will be a trip of many firsts (along with trying Narcoossee's for dinner!) so needless to say we're super excited! We'll be in a 2 bedroom that sleeps up to 9 and from the looks of it, they seem super spacious.

My fiancé and I will be staying at the villas next week to celebrate his Aunt's birthday who is now part of the DVC with his family! 🥳 We've never stayed at GF before nor have we stayed in any of the Villas so this will be a trip of many firsts (along with trying Narcoossee's for dinner!) so needless to say we're super excited! We'll be in a 2 bedroom that sleeps up to 9 and from the looks of it, they seem super spacious.
Enjoy! I just stayed in a two bedroom villa and it was fantastic. Very spacious.

Those new Mary Poppins themed rooms started as the DVC resort studios…but it looks like they are now in the renovated GF hotel rooms (not just the DVC side). Is that right, that the regular hotel rooms are Mary Poppins themed now too? Are there any major differences between the DVC resort studios and the regular hotel rooms… just a microwave?

Hey everyone

Quick question, does everyone still like MBs or do you like your Apple Watch and phone better? Also, do you like the new MB or just stick to older model. For reference just me and my DH without the kids for our anniversary trip.

Thanks in advance

Those new Mary Poppins themed rooms started as the DVC resort studios…but it looks like they are now in the renovated GF hotel rooms (not just the DVC side). Is that right, that the regular hotel rooms are Mary Poppins themed now too? Are there any major differences between the DVC resort studios and the regular hotel rooms… just a microwave?
Yes, the DVC resort studios are identical to the new cash rooms except resort studios also include a microwave whereas cash rooms have an empty shelf.

Hey everyone

Quick question, does everyone still like MBs or do you like your Apple Watch and phone better? Also, do you like the new MB or just stick to older model. For reference just me and my DH without the kids for our anniversary trip.

Thanks in advance
I prefer MB, dd Apple Watch.

Problem is with club level, if need to access a door or elevator you need a mb. Room and park access is fine with the watch.

NO NEED for new band lol. Old one better .

You know I have stayed at values and mods dozens of times.

I do club level and sometimes non club level.

Hands down gf NEVER disappoints. It is always clean and fresh, the cms from pool to QS etc all trying to make our vacation magical.

The new rooms are so good I didn’t do cl this trip because a gorgeous room was more important. We mono to MK then boat to WL and had food at geyser point Tuesday,

0968136D-D6F1-4851-B5CD-F012A62958D1.jpegB38D2909-8A1A-44D6-8483-8452AB65535E.jpegE354E5DC-0F2C-4153-90DC-332A7E204723.jpeg

Hey everyone

Thanks in advance

I still wear MB as I find it easier and just like them. I don’t sweat about them as much as before since the phone is a nice backup. If I (or more importantly, one of my kids) forget it in the room, oh well.

I know it’s different types of technology but if you could access your room and CL via your wallet vs having to go a few layers in the MDE app that would be big, I find it clunky/cumbersome so have to mess with that every time and the convenience of MB always wins.

I find the new MBs gimicky and we don’t charge them - no room in our lives for more devices that need to be charged. But I’ll buy them if I like the design. I tend to wear both new and old styles.

Hey everyone

Thanks in advance
hi WishesQueen :wave: We use our old bands, don't want another thing to charge. DH sometimes uses his watch but it doesn't always work and ends up using the band to enter parks more often than not. Using the phone to open the doors is too much work. It is nice to have it as a backup in case you forgot your band otherwise its not really practical. You can't open the door with your watch.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you everyone!!!!

MBs it is...going old school style.

I did hear the old ones don't always work so I think I am going to order two new ones
Old MBs will work indefinitely for tap functions - opening resort room doors, entering parks and LL, charging to room. Depending on how old the battery is, they may or may not work for linking long distance ride photos such as Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, but that can be accomplished by turning on your phone's Bluetooth and allowing MDE to use it.

For the tap functions, the new MB+ work exactly the same, whether you keep them charged or not. For linking ride photos, the new MB+ will work only if you keep them charged.

Old MBs will work indefinitely for tap functions - opening resort room doors, entering parks and LL, charging to room. Depending on how old the battery is, they may or may not work for linking long distance ride photos such as Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, but that can be accomplished by turning on your phone's Bluetooth and allowing MDE to use it.

For the tap functions, the new MB+ work exactly the same, whether you keep them charged or not. For linking ride photos, the new MB+ will work only if you keep them charged.
Thanks so much I have so many of them. Do I have to call or do anything if I use an old one?

Thanks so much I have so many of them. Do I have to call or do anything if I use an old one?
Nope, just make sure it shows as Active in your MDE account under Magic Bands and Cards. If it's marked as Inactive, a simple click should make it Active again.

(Each MB has a number on the underside of the puck and will be listed in MDE by that number.)

Hey everyone

Thanks in advance
I actually wear both…I know I look lame but tbh there is enough of a slight “hiccup” when tapping into the parks with my Apple Watch even with Express Mode active that it’s noticeable compared to the instant tap in with the band that it bothers me. I am so go go go at rope drop that anything that slows me down even a little bothers me 😂

This is our first trip with the new bands out and I wasn’t going to order them for this trip since we have so many old ones from all our canceled trips and because of everything I’ve heard and read about the new ones. But with fewer and fewer designs of the MB2 available and seeing some really nice designs of + we got them for both our split stay reservations. I also got an AP one because they had a gorgeous Tiana design. I don’t mind needing to charge it and I got the Fitbit savers for gf to keep hers from popping off. I will see if I can use my old AP slider for mine.

I think I have convinced dh to come with me and dd28 MDE. I have BWI gv, or option 2 is 1 night GF gv followed by 2 nights the 1 bedroom outer building suite TPV.

My dilemma: I had just found the 1 bedroom outer building suite GV and was happy with that but looking at touring plans the TPV one is at the end of conch 1 or 3 floor. These suites have 2 open balconies(same as std rooms style). THAT is something I’d really enjoy vs the top floor GV suites with the bay window. The GV suite has 2 queens and a sleeper sofa. It says double but wdw is often slow with updates.

Then I noticed the TPV version is King with queen sleeper. …. Dd will have to sleep on the sleeper …..🙄

What is cool is the TPV suites have the extra little side balcony. 😃

I don’t mind walking to RPC , I just walked 52 miles on DDs bachelorette weekend last week😅
That’s part of why the 3 of us going . Dh needs to try Tron and GOTG. It will be his last trip with dd before the wedding in Sept and I finally got him an AP!

Touring plans is a great resource for finding suite locations at GF👍

I am kinda rambling lol. Just happy dh finally said he’d come I’ve been asking for months, 🎉
AD387FE3-1B1B-4872-AE73-5A68B38CCF08.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter