Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Sorry if I missed this in here, don’t think it was mentioned though.

Has anyone dined at California Grill during fireworks since they returned? We have a res there in late July, and really hoping they are back to piping in the fireworks music. I know BLT top of the world lounge is still closed otherwise that would have been our go-to.

Top of the world observation deck was open for firework July 1-4 for members staying at BLT, no idea if it will continue though.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/top-of-the-world-lounge-reopening.3841469/post-63141145

I have been known to make room number maps but found one already done. Keep in mind only the south wing is currently open for CR. Tower is getting a makeover and north wing is now BLT.

2nd I see that my trip next week The Wave will be closed but it says breakfast available at CG. I hope it’s open for my dates, I’d go up just for coffee and a view😍

Quick few days. Dd and Ds driving mil car home to Florida for her then meet me in wdw. Finally getting to stay in the deluxe gv room. 👍
DFB6A04F-163A-470B-868E-315A955300B5.png20C798DE-4B0D-4DAC-8CE8-CB175C702C12.png

A couple BLT questions....
1-we are set for a studio lake view. Do you have a favorite room in this category and why?
2- Any way to be in a studio lake view room w/ a chance of being able to see MK as well? Would appreciate those room numbers as well. TIA!

When is the best time to do any room requests with the resort? And can we do those requests online? We’re staying in a Garden Wing - King room in early September, so I know there are not many of those anyway. TIA!

A couple BLT questions....
1-we are set for a studio lake view. Do you have a favorite room in this category and why?
2- Any way to be in a studio lake view room w/ a chance of being able to see MK as well? Would appreciate those room numbers as well. TIA!
When I have a lake view, I usually just request "high floor." I prefer the center section, looking straight out to the lake. If you want a partial MK view, you'll need an "even numbered, north section" room. I think you really need an xx14 room; I don't think an xx08 would cut it. You can see the layout here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...nks-last-update-of-post-1-10-21-2015.2257082/

Hi there,

I’m wondering if there has been any news of removing the motor boat rental offerings?

we are actually planning a stay at Fort Wilderness, but I just saw it posted that they got rid of the pontoons and sea raycers. Was wondering if maybe we’d be able to hop over to CR and rent boats there? Pretty bummed if they’re taking this offering away entirely!

Hi there,

I’m wondering if there has been any news of removing the motor boat rental offerings?

we are actually planning a stay at Fort Wilderness, but I just saw it posted that they got rid of the pontoons and sea raycers. Was wondering if maybe we’d be able to hop over to CR and rent boats there? Pretty bummed if they’re taking this offering away entirely!

So far the sea racers and pontoons have yet to return to any MK area resort. There has been chatter/rumor that Disney intends to never bring them back, but TBD of course.

When is the best time to do any room requests with the resort? And can we do those requests online? We’re staying in a Garden Wing - King room in early September, so I know there are not many of those anyway. TIA!
Online request only gave "near lobby" as a request. That is so lame IMO:rolleyes1

I had to call to get a ticket fixed. I tried 3 times and gave up after waiting over an hour. I have friends who also have had long waits. It may be easier to request when you arrive.

I had one once facing pool and one facing the courtyard on the right side.There are not many.

Just dropping in to say "Hi" and to see if I still remember how to post -haven't been on the boards for quite awhile but starting to get the itch. Really want to try the Contemporary this go around as the family has always wanted to stay there. Last couple trips were over at Epcot. Kids are older so I think either spot would be good - they can go off on their own with ease. Reading through all the info here!

I’m excited to hear the EPCOT monorail will be opening soon. I assume that means we will be able to travel from CR to EPCOT.
Not quite. You take the resort monorail from CR to the Ticket and Transportation Center where you get off. Then you get on the monorail to Epcot.

Does anyone know what time luggage drop off (to airport) begins each morning. I have a 10:50am flight. Im hoping the luggage service starts early enough for me to use.

Also, I was able to score a Wave reservation for 7:40am (located in the CG now). I will need to leave the resort by 8:30 for my flight. Is it wishful thinking this is doable? (my original flight was 11:40, but the airline just changed :( )

sorry to say, the airline resort check in is gone, and most likely not coming back…

Does anyone know what time luggage drop off (to airport) begins each morning. I have a 10:50am flight. Im hoping the luggage service starts early enough for me to use.

Also, I was able to score a Wave reservation for 7:40am (located in the CG now). I will need to leave the resort by 8:30 for my flight. Is it wishful thinking this is doable? (my original flight was 11:40, but the airline just changed :( )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter