Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I am wondering about a refurb, too. I have a June reservation booked with a PIN code. I was taking a look at the newest discount offer to compare. Availability is slim to none for June and other months - even without a discount. Could CR be that full for many weeks? If a refurb is in the works, will I be moved again this year? Will I not be moved and hear bang bang banging during my afternoon breaks? Time will tell. . .
There is a contemporary refurb thread somewhere else where someone else just spoke with a CM and had some further info about the refurb. (Apparently it’s April-September and only involves tower rooms)

Hello, sorry if this has been asked before. I've read that the Contemporary rooms were supposed to be refurbished in 2020 but it was postponed. Does anyone know/have any opinions about whether they'll be refurbished in time for the 50th in October 2021?

Thanks!
I am wondering about a refurb, too. I have a June reservation booked with a PIN code. I was taking a look at the newest discount offer to compare. Availability is slim to none for June and other months - even without a discount. Could CR be that full for many weeks? If a refurb is in the works, will I be moved again this year? Will I not be moved and hear bang bang banging during my afternoon breaks? Time will tell. . .
There are some rumors that all of the Tower rooms are being closed down in April and will not reopen until sometimes in Sept for a refurb. Supposedly people with reservations during this time frame are being contacted by Disney to move them to another resort.

There are some rumors that all of the Tower rooms are being closed down in April and will not reopen until sometimes in Sept for a refurb. Supposedly people with reservations during this time frame are being contacted by Disney to move them to another resort.

We have a res in June for BLT. How can we find out if we will be moved? Will we have a choice as to where they move us?

We have a res in June for BLT. How can we find out if we will be moved? Will we have a choice as to where they move us?
From what I understand, the rehab just affects people with reservations in the Tower building. If your reservation is for the garden wing or BLT, you're ok.

All of the restaurants and shops in the Tower building will be open during the refurb.

From what I understand, the rehab just affects people with reservations in the Tower building. If your reservation is for the garden wing or BLT, you're ok.

All of the restaurants and shops in the Tower building will be open during the refurb.

This sounds about right, I renewed my AP and was looking at July 4th weekend for giggles and it was showing me availability in the Garden Wing. Nothing else at CR though.

Edit: Nothing officially announced yet but I did see this:

https://blogmickey.com/2021/01/room...-contemporary-resort-beginning-in-april-2021/

Last edited:
My daughter saw that the CR has Mary Blair Tervis tumblers. Is there anyone there now or will be soon that would consider picking one up for me and shipping it?

I find this interesting about the refurb and the garden wing rooms. I’m booking for Thanksgiving (yay!) and was going through a travel agent. The travel agent has garden wing rooms available, but the Disney website has none available. Tower rooms are available on the Disney site. Do you think they will move on to the garden wings after they finish the Main building, and I’ll be moved? I find it odd that they are only doing a portion of the resort, I feel like they usually do the whole resort (not including DVC).

I find this interesting about the refurb and the garden wing rooms. I’m booking for Thanksgiving (yay!) and was going through a travel agent. The travel agent has garden wing rooms available, but the Disney website has none available. Tower rooms are available on the Disney site. Do you think they will move on to the garden wings after they finish the Main building, and I’ll be moved? I find it odd that they are only doing a portion of the resort, I feel like they usually do the whole resort (not including DVC).

Personally I assume they will move on to the GW at some point. It would be unusual to have everything mobilized to do room refurbs and leave a portion of the rooms untouched, IMO. UNLESS the south wing will eventually meet the same fate as the north wing and Disney is content to just let the current room style ride it out until whatever point in time they want to bring the wrecking ball in (IF that were to ever happen).

Other than that, often Disney will let people book first then go adjust later when construction schedules are more certain, so that may be what happens with the GW.

Who knows though! :-)

Personally I assume they will move on to the GW at some point. It would be unusual to have everything mobilized to do room refurbs and leave a portion of the rooms untouched, IMO. UNLESS the south wing will eventually meet the same fate as the north wing and Disney is content to just let the current room style ride it out until whatever point in time they want to bring the wrecking ball in (IF that were to ever happen).

Other than that, often Disney will let people book first then go adjust later when construction schedules are more certain, so that may be what happens with the GW.

Who knows though! :-)
Maybe I’ll get lucky and moved to the main tower? A girl can hope! lol

Transferred from YC via an Uber .

Upper floor room ending in 44. We usually do odd endings for castle view from bed . However dd was fine with it so we grabbed 1st available.

Beautiful!! Wish I'd known the odd numbers for the bed Castle view before my TP request was emailed...but I'll just be happy to be there!! 27 days!!!

Beautiful!! Wish I'd known the odd numbers for the bed Castle view before my TP request was emailed...but I'll just be happy to be there!! 27 days!!!
I usually get the castle view from bed view but facing gf and seven seas lagoon has been fun! I’m tucked in bed watching the boats lol.

What is nice is that from the room you can see it all!

, I renewed my AP and was looking at July 4th weekend
Can you give more details about price to renew your AP recently?
My AP expires in April w/extension and I can’t make a Park Day Reservation so I might go ahead and renew, if they allow.
Thanks

Can you give more details about price to renew your AP recently?
My AP expires in April w/extension and I can’t make a Park Day Reservation so I might go ahead and renew, if they allow.
Thanks

It was 1080.98 to renew my Platinum including tax. My expiration date after getting extended was 1/1/21.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter