Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I'm a bit concerned about the bus to HS. Anyone have experience catching the bus and getting to HS in time to grab a ROTR boarding group?
On Labor Day, I was the only one on the bus from the Contemporary an hour before DHS opening. I was in the park and rode Runaway Railway, Toy Story Mania, and Smugglers Run before official opening and grabbing my boarding group.

That’s awesome. So you a bus around 9 at CR? What time did they let you in to the park?

Oh I know you’ll let us know lol. I tried upgrading to TPV yesterday and there was a technical glitch after my payment. So it said my reservation was made but payment (the different between the two deposits) didn’t go through so to call a number. I call and it’s ticketing.....even though I was booking a room *sigh*. Got an email shortly after saying it would be reviewed and I would be notified at a later date regarding the status of my reservation. Card has way more than enough money on it so I know it’s not on my end, so I go and switch it back to lake view. I’ll try again for TPV in a little while when my kids are done with their school stuff 😑
Last week I upgraded std to lake view at blt. It said it didn't process. I kept trying all day. Either late that night or nicest morning( can’t remember) I looked in my MDE and it said Lake View so it did process it just took extra time. Weird ....

Go look and see what you have, maybe you got lucky!

Does anybody else think they could make Bay Lake Tower look a little nicer from the outside? My last trip was the first time I've noticed it (first time I'd been since learning about DVC), and honestly, I thought: "that's it?" They couldn't give it some blue livery? Make it a little more lake themed? Concrete is a good look on the Contemporary, but looks awfully dull on BLT.

On Labor Day, I was the only one on the bus from the Contemporary an hour before DHS opening. I was in the park and rode Runaway Railway, Toy Story Mania, and Smugglers Run before official opening and grabbing my boarding group.
This is a huge relief!

Does anybody else think they could make Bay Lake Tower look a little nicer from the outside? My last trip was the first time I've noticed it (first time I'd been since learning about DVC), and honestly, I thought: "that's it?" They couldn't give it some blue livery? Make it a little more lake themed? Concrete is a good look on the Contemporary, but looks awfully dull on BLT.
Well we love it. Very "contemporary " so for a CR dvc it seems perfect. Also love the inside. The curved hallways, lots of windows and talking elevator???? Yep we love it.

Last week I upgraded std to lake view at blt. It said it didn't process. I kept trying all day. Either late that night or nicest morning( can’t remember) I looked in my MDE and it said Lake View so it did process it just took extra time. Weird ....

Go look and see what you have, maybe you got lucky!
I had already switched back, since it's Christmas week (and we don't know what the heck it'll look like this year) I didn't want to chance it. Thankfully I got it to go through correctly yesterday afternoon! I was going to surprise the kids and DH with the TPV, since even with CL we had lake view, but I had to tell him since he had the day off and wouldn't give me any peace "whatcha doing on the website? oh what's that? wow that's a good price.......what exactly are you doing?" I was like "FINE! this is what I have in mind..." and he got really excited. Thankfully no glitches this time, everything is cool :D

I think if they put a beach themed building attached to CR it would look really weird, expecially since they are connected. I was there last summer when they were giving both buildings some fresh paint and they were getting complimentary paint jobs for a reason. The rooms are a contemporary theme, not beach/lake theme, so it goes along with the style and the surrounding property perfectly.

That’s awesome. So you a bus around 9 at CR? What time did they let you in to the park?
It seems customary for DHS to open at 9:15, I was the first one in the park on my trip a couple of weeks ago and all CMs were checking their watches for the time as we waited at the temp check tents. I had my phone out and right at 9:15 they were like "alright!" and off I went lol, through temp check, security, and tapstills in the amount of time it took me to walk between all of them (about 2 minutes). So if a bus leaves CR around 9 you can probably just go straight in.

So DH and I are staying at BLT for the FIRST TIME (and first time @ the Contemporary) and we've booked a water view room - so excited!!! We were supposed to stay at the VGF but then DH had to change the dates and it wasn't available all of our nights...

I'm trying to get a feel for what time we need to be down at the bus stop for HS and AK - we are doing each park once, along with with Epcot on our arrival day and then MK twice....

Also, for anyone that has eaten at the Comptempo Cafe for breakfast - is there still seating down there to eat or is it all to-go?

So DH and I are staying at BLT for the FIRST TIME (and first time @ the Contemporary) and we've booked a water view room - so excited!!! We were supposed to stay at the VGF but then DH had to change the dates and it wasn't available all of our nights...

I'm trying to get a feel for what time we need to be down at the bus stop for HS and AK - we are doing each park once, along with with Epcot on our arrival day and then MK twice....

Also, for anyone that has eaten at the Comptempo Cafe for breakfast - is there still seating down there to eat or is it all to-go?
We were there in August. There was seating available for Contempo. There is less seating than normal so seating is tougher around meal times.

We're at BLT now. Seating is available at Contemporary cafe. It can get busy in the morning after about 8am. We normally eat before that. I can't say about the HS bus, but the first bus to AK left at 8:12am. We were at the bus stop at 8 and got on the first bus

I just have a couple questions...Do the mini fridges in the BLT studios have a little freezer compartment? Also, can you order grilled cheese at Contempo Cafe still? Thanks!!!

I just have a couple questions...Do the mini fridges in the BLT studios have a little freezer compartment? Also, can you order grilled cheese at Contempo Cafe still? Thanks!!!
My mini-fridge had a freezer compartment. I was able to lay down some canned drinks for a few minutes, but it is very small.

I don’t think the grilled cheese is on the menu now. If you open your Disney app and tap the + on the bottom. Then click order food. Scroll down to Contempo and tap on Contempo. About half way down is a “View Menu” option. Tap on that and you can see the current menu. You can go on there without ordering.

DVC resorts have been removing the undercounter refrigerators with freezers for years. Every now and then one will show up in a villa, but I wouldn't plan on it. If you do get one, they really don't freeze too well, terrible on ice cream or items that you need hard freezing.

We're at BLT now. Seating is available at Contemporary cafe. It can get busy in the morning after about 8am. We normally eat before that. I can't say about the HS bus, but the first bus to AK left at 8:12am. We were at the bus stop at 8 and got on the first bus
thank you! We would eat before 8am so that shouldn't be a problem and thanks for the bus information!

Hi All!

Taking the family down next week and staying at the CR. Currently in a Garden View room, but given that this is the "last hooray" as a family of 4 before my eldest heads off to college, I was hoping/wondering if anyone had been down recently and gotten an upgrade to the atrium tower? Any suggestions on how to make that possible and surprise the family? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter