Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

That's actually not as bad as I was expecting. Not as cheap as a grocery store obviously, but as convenience fees go, I can live with that.
Yes! Considering a single 20oz bottle on property is $3.50, it isn't bad at all. Now if I compare it to Costco where I can get 40 bottles for $4.00, that is another story, but when I am in Disney and don't have access to a car and don't order groceries, it is a nice option. I usually get two packs over the course of the week to have in the room. AP 20% discount also works on it so is comes out to about $3.20 if you have one.

Oh glad to hear it jemtx and JoanneAZ. I just booked three days in July with the 25% discount. I was really surprised to see that they were offering lake view tower rooms, not the garden wing, how awesome. You probably all know the saying, "ever since I was a little kid and saw the monorails running through ...." ha ha. So this will be our first split stay. We had earlier reservations for the Poly but canceled those for the 3 nights at Contemporary (first time ever), and then 4 nights at the Yacht club, (also water view). I just feel super lucky, just a month in advance, decent prices (well, you know what I mean for Disney), and it's for a Tower room, followed by a water view.... hyped I am :)
We've got a similar split stay, Pop 3 nights, YC CL 2 nights, CR GW 3 nights. Can't wait!

Question: the watersports dock at the Contemporary is closed, right? You can't book parasailing or rent the boats there anymore, correct?

Doing my first stay at the Contemporary this September, booked today :) Was waiting for fall discounts that never came, but somehow the Contemporary had the best prices compared to other deluxe resorts. Can't wait to walk to magic kingdom for MNSSH. What are the odds of getting a king bed room request if staying in garden wing?

The wife is getting really excited only 24 day's to our 2 weeks at WDW & we will be for the DIS meet up. :) :wishgoal
This Year we get to stay at the Contemporary for the first time for our 30th Wedding Anniversary.👍
We only have 2 nights there, but we have a theme park view.:worship:
The first time we rode through the Contemporary on the Monorail all those years ago the wife wanted to stay there.
This year that happens.:wishgoal
One night we will be attending the Villains after hours event.
Going to be awesome having the option of walking from the Park to the Contemporary.

Planning a conference in October and haven’t stayed at the Contemporary for 30 some years. Would love to have some input as to a really good room . Any help would be awesome. The deluxe garden view look great but I’m sure they are highly priced. Never stayed in a the main building either.

Planning a conference in October and haven’t stayed at the Contemporary for 30 some years. Would love to have some input as to a really good room . Any help would be awesome. The deluxe garden view look great but I’m sure they are highly priced. Never stayed in a the main building either.
The garden wing rooms will be cheaper to book than the main tower. If you book the garden wing you’ll have to walk outside to get to that building, but it is a lot quieter and relaxing.
I personally like the main building more. The lake view will be cheaper than the theme park view, but I just love the theme park view. Being able to sit on your balcony and watch the magic kingdom fireworks is pretty magical. If you do the tower I would request a higher floor.

Doing my first stay at the Contemporary this September, booked today :) Was waiting for fall discounts that never came, but somehow the Contemporary had the best prices compared to other deluxe resorts. Can't wait to walk to magic kingdom for MNSSH. What are the odds of getting a king bed room request if staying in garden wing?
Saw CR included in my dates for the discounts that came out on Tuesday - check your reservation!!

So I have a hold on a room in oct. The sofa in the rooms, does that turn into a bed? I have a reservation at yacht and really like how that sofa is a bed for one of our kids. We have never stayed at this resort.

So I have a hold on a room in oct. The sofa in the rooms, does that turn into a bed? I have a reservation at yacht and really like how that sofa is a bed for one of our kids. We have never stayed at this resort.
If it is a daybed, it flips over to make a single bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter