Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Parking question.....
We will be taking the Magic Express but have some friends that will be at Disney same time as us with a rental vehicle. We will probably use there
car from time to time as well. Can I register the car for myself since I will
be staying at the Contemporary which would allow our friends to come to
the Contemporary so we can go to the parks together? I know there is a 3
hour limit for non guest but thought we might be able to get around that
since we would be using the car some as well.:cool2: .

We'll be making our 3rd trip to the CR this July! :cool1: I booked a MK view months ago. Sadly, no discount was available when the summer discounts were released today. Made "lemonade" 'cause our Dreams agent was able to change us to a MK Atrium Club view saving us $115!

Many years ago, we stayed on the 14th floor. The views were amazing! :goodvibes Can't wait for our 12th floor stay.

A couple of questions, if anybody knows.
What is the current situation with bottled water in the lounge? Our past stays have had a large bottle available to pour into cups. I heard a rumor the individual water bottles are back.

I'm assuming b/fast is the typical muffins/fruit/cereal, etc. And midday is chips and cookies. What is available in the evening? Is it just cheese and crackers or are there a few more choices? Do they do nice dessert around 9pm? (I was so disappointed with our AKL selections. They were generally some zebra domes and a few cookies and/or bite size pastries. And if you weren't in the lounge when they were put out, you were out-of-luck as they didn't replenish.)

Since we're getting bands now, how does the elevator work? I always liked getting the "gold card" before.

At the CR check-in there is a registration book just for kids to sign. It's on top of the counter at the check-in nearest to Bell Services. At least that's where it used to be a couple of years ago when I last noticed it.

Thanks!!! My kids will love this! Especially my DS6... He is just as excited as I am to being staying at CR. It makes our trip there so much more special to be sharing that excitement with him. And it's my daughter's first trip to Disney! I'm afraid I'm spoiling both of them (as well as my DH and I) for our future trips!

Honestly - this thread has made planning our first trip to CR such an enjoyable experience! I don't know what I would do without it! The info I've gathered on here is invaluable... I can't thank you enough WDWKOOK!
And to all of you who answer so many of the questions I have Thank YOU!
:flower3:

We are staying at the Contemporary for the first time next month (Garden Wing, Garden View Room) - me, DH and DS (2). We mainly chose the Contemporary to be close to MK and on the monorail since we'll be heading back to the resort for naps each afternoon (and also because it's the only Deluxe resort we haven't tried yet and we wanted to check it off our list ;).) Can anyone tell me the order of stops the busses will make for HS, AK, DTD and the water parks - for both the trips there and the return trips? I know there is some sharing with other deluxe resorts but I'm not sure of the specifics. Thanks!
In the past, CR was the first dropped off and picked-up. Hopefully, if this has changed, someone will correct me:listen:

Parking question.....
We will be taking the Magic Express but have some friends that will be at Disney same time as us with a rental vehicle. We will probably use there
car from time to time as well. Can I register the car for myself since I will
be staying at the Contemporary which would allow our friends to come to
the Contemporary so we can go to the parks together? I know there is a 3
hour limit for non guest but thought we might be able to get around that
since we would be using the car some as well.:cool2: .
Cars aren't actually registered to the guest. At check-in, you're given a parking pass that has your reservation number on it. This goes in the windshield of the car after you park it. You could put it in any car. If you're using any car and you need to park at CR where you're a registered guest, just ask for the pass when you check-in.

New Sig line....thanks Disboards!
It's purdy:)

We'll be making our 3rd trip to the CR this July! :cool1: I booked a MK view months ago. Sadly, no discount was available when the summer discounts were released today. Made "lemonade" 'cause our Dreams agent was able to change us to a MK Atrium Club view saving us $115!

Many years ago, we stayed on the 14th floor. The views were amazing! :goodvibes Can't wait for our 12th floor stay.

A couple of questions, if anybody knows.
What is the current situation with bottled water in the lounge? Our past stays have had a large bottle available to pour into cups. I heard a rumor the individual water bottles are back.

I'm assuming b/fast is the typical muffins/fruit/cereal, etc. And midday is chips and cookies. What is available in the evening? Is it just cheese and crackers or are there a few more choices? Do they do nice dessert around 9pm? (I was so disappointed with our AKL selections. They were generally some zebra domes and a few cookies and/or bite size pastries. And if you weren't in the lounge when they were put out, you were out-of-luck as they didn't replenish.)

Since we're getting bands now, how does the elevator work? I always liked getting the "gold card" before.
Welcome back! There are photos of some of the lounge food and drinks in the CL section of the thread. The hyperlink is at the beginning of Post #1. There are usually two hot apps. served along with quite a few cold apps. every night from 5-7. Several desserts are served from 8-10 and replenished as needed. The cookies are generally only available in the afternoons. We were able to ask for some at night once and they brought us some. I haven't stayed CL at CR since 2010 so hopefully someone who has stayed recently can fill you in on more specific app. offerings.

None of the CLs, that I'm aware of, offer small bottles of water. They have larger bottles and/or a decanter with filtered water.

Thanks!!! My kids will love this! Especially my DS6... He is just as excited as I am to being staying at CR. It makes our trip there so much more special to be sharing that excitement with him. And it's my daughter's first trip to Disney! I'm afraid I'm spoiling both of them (as well as my DH and I) for our future trips!

Honestly - this thread has made planning our first trip to CR such an enjoyable experience! I don't know what I would do without it! The info I've gathered on here is invaluable... I can't thank you enough WDWKOOK!
And to all of you who answer so many of the questions I have Thank YOU!
:blush:Thank you so much, EveClark. I really appreciate your sweet comments about the thread. My goal is for the thread to be informative, friendly and helpful and to make you even more excited about your trip so I'm glad we succeeded. Don't worry about spoiling the family, think of it as setting a fantastic precedent;)

Cars aren't actually registered to the guest. At check-in, you're given a parking pass that has your reservation number on it. This goes in the windshield of the car after you park it. You could put it in any car. If you're using any car and you need to park at CR where you're a registered guest, just ask for the pass when you check-in.

In the past, CR was the first dropped off and picked-up. Hopefully, if this has changed, someone will correct me:listen:

Thanks WDWKOOK! So I'm assuming after pick up at CR, the bus will stop at the Poly and GF before heading on to the park, correct? I'm trying to decide if it might be faster for us to walk to the MK bus stop and take a bus directly to HS or AK. (Every second counts with a 2 yr old - need to maximize our time and get back to CR quickly for naptime!) I think we'll be good on the return trips if CR is the first stop. Although maybe it would be faster to take a bus back to MK from AK to avoid stopping at Blizzard Beach...

I posted this over on the Restaurant Board but I didn't get any replies, so I thought I would try here... which is probably what I should have done in the first place! ;)
We will be staying at the CR on our trip in September... My DH loves a big breakfast before heading into the parks, so we'd like to eat at The Wave on 3 mornings of our vacation but I'd rather not make an ADR for those days... This is our first trip with both of our children (DS6, DD2.5) and I'm not sure how tired they will be, what time we will wake up, etc... We prefer not to set alarms on vacation but, alas, we are breaking that rule (twice!) with Chef Mickey's and Hollywood & Vine. All the more reason to be a little more "relaxed" with our mornings on the other days.
We have the Deluxe Dining Plan, so we'd prefer to go to a TS restaurant, not the QS in the hotel. ( I understand that many think that breakfast isn't a good use of a TS credit, but we've gotten this before and it works out well for our family)

For those of you who have eaten there for breakfast, do you think we would be ok with just walking up on those mornings for breakfast? I'm assuming we will be down there about 8:00/8:30 (based on weekends around here at home )
Thanks!

Thanks WDWKOOK! So I'm assuming after pick up at CR, the bus will stop at the Poly and GF before heading on to the park, correct? I'm trying to decide if it might be faster for us to walk to the MK bus stop and take a bus directly to HS or AK. (Every second counts with a 2 yr old - need to maximize our time and get back to CR quickly for naptime!) I think we'll be good on the return trips if CR is the first stop. Although maybe it would be faster to take a bus back to MK from AK to avoid stopping at Blizzard Beach...
It may only stop at Poly because some of the WL buses go to GF after WL.

That was REALLY funny. :rotfl2: If I was drinking my coffee it would have ended up on the screen! :surfweb:
Thanks for giving us all a chuckle, psac. Will you be doing a TR on your One Nighter?:lovestruc:listen:

I posted this over on the Restaurant Board but I didn't get any replies, so I thought I would try here... which is probably what I should have done in the first place! ;)
We will be staying at the CR on our trip in September... My DH loves a big breakfast before heading into the parks, so we'd like to eat at The Wave on 3 mornings of our vacation but I'd rather not make an ADR for those days... This is our first trip with both of our children (DS6, DD2.5) and I'm not sure how tired they will be, what time we will wake up, etc... We prefer not to set alarms on vacation but, alas, we are breaking that rule (twice!) with Chef Mickey's and Hollywood & Vine. All the more reason to be a little more "relaxed" with our mornings on the other days.
We have the Deluxe Dining Plan, so we'd prefer to go to a TS restaurant, not the QS in the hotel. ( I understand that many think that breakfast isn't a good use of a TS credit, but we've gotten this before and it works out well for our family)

For those of you who have eaten there for breakfast, do you think we would be ok with just walking up on those mornings for breakfast? I'm assuming we will be down there about 8:00/8:30 (based on weekends around here at home )
Thanks!
If it isn't a holiday, you shouldn't have any problem being seated at The Wave for breakfast. We always have an ADR there for breakfast, but it's never been full mid-late morning. If there's a convention group, you may have to wait a bit, but you should be just fine without an ADR. The buffet is one of our favorites! (Trail's End is the other favorite of ours.)

None of the CLs, that I'm aware of, offer small bottles of water. They have larger bottles and/or a decanter with filtered water.

When we were there in February the 14th floor club level had small bottles of water but you had to ask for them.

When we were there in February the 14th floor club level had small bottles of water but you had to ask for them.
You did mention that and thank you for reminding us. I wonder if maybe that's because they have so few guests up there and all the suites so they feel they have to still have the small bottles if requested?

Thank you for the informative thread...I have been wavering recently, giving up a great deal at BC CL for the CR CL for our Aug trip. Discounts for CR have been significantly lower this year and the room rates, significantly higher so it's gonig to be a close call...praying for a PIN.

Nonetheless, enough ranting, I have a question about the latest Room refurb at CR. I saw the great photos of the Tower Club King rooms which were POST-Rehab. Were all the rooms rehabbed recently or just the Tower club level rooms?
Thanks.

We are CONFIRMED for October 26th, Club level, Theme Park View!

I've wanted to stay there since I was a kid.

I feel like this right now:

tumblr_mre6t6FZKq1qeb4xso1_500.gif

Thanks for giving us all a chuckle, psac. Will you be doing a TR on your One Nighter?:lovestruc:listen:

Definitely! But that isn't until October. We have our AKL Kidani stay starting on Friday!! :cool1: I think we have a Wave ADR (my wife does all those things), but we definitely have an Artist Point ADR, so maybe I'll do a quick post on a different thread. ::yes::

Thank you for the informative thread...I have been wavering recently, giving up a great deal at BC CL for the CR CL for our Aug trip. Discounts for CR have been significantly lower this year and the room rates, significantly higher so it's gonig to be a close call...praying for a PIN.

Nonetheless, enough ranting, I have a question about the latest Room refurb at CR. I saw the great photos of the Tower Club King rooms which were POST-Rehab. Were all the rooms rehabbed recently or just the Tower club level rooms?
Thanks.

All CR rooms had the recent rehab!!
Just like Lindsey Lohan! :smokin:

If it isn't a holiday, you shouldn't have any problem being seated at The Wave for breakfast. We always have an ADR there for breakfast, but it's never been full mid-late morning. If there's a convention group, you may have to wait a bit, but you should be just fine without an ADR. The buffet is one of our favorites! (Trail's End is the other favorite of ours.)

This is great to hear! It'll make things so much easier for us. Thanks!!!

Excited beyond words to be staying in the Tower (MK view) next week. Checking in Friday morning for a 6 night stay with my DM and DD. Was so disappointed the monorail would not be operating on its regular schedule though... just my luck, eh. Anyway, it looks like we'll only be inconvenienced the day we arrive (we won't be able to hop on after dropping our stuff off in the room) and on Sunday when we have to get to the Poly for a 'Ohana ADR at 5:15. So, what's the quickest way to get to the Poly from the CR when the monorail is out of commission?

Excited beyond words to be staying in the Tower (MK view) next week. Checking in Friday morning for a 6 night stay with my DM and DD. Was so disappointed the monorail would not be operating on its regular schedule though... just my luck, eh. Anyway, it looks like we'll only be inconvenienced the day we arrive (we won't be able to hop on after dropping our stuff off in the room) and on Sunday when we have to get to the Poly for a 'Ohana ADR at 5:15. So, what's the quickest way to get to the Poly from the CR when the monorail is out of commission?

Bus. Lots of busses running that loop.
FYI. It is back on line every day promptly at 7 pm!

I'm not as Disney savvy as most of you so I'm not sure if this is the correct location to share some CR experiences from this week....

Just returned from an 11 night visit, garden wing. A few evenings, as we relaxed in the quiet pool, we heard some of the pirate tour groups head down the dock toward the boat and we were in stitches, laughing. It sounds like so much fun! The tour leader was hilarious and it sounded like such a good time, we decided to add it to our Disney Bucket list!

There are a couple different ones, I believe. I'll be researching! One has Captain Hook, himself, on board. The one that we heard departing did not, but the guide had a great time hollering over to him with his best pirate trash talk as they were boarding.

So funny!

I'd also like to add that I think the CR pool staff is absolutely first rate and they do a great job with the afternoon pool deck games for the kids.

Could someone please refresh my memory on the "new" monorail hours/operation schedule? It's been a while since we stayed on the loop. Also, is it something temporary or permanent?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts