Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I was just scrolling through the info posts at the beginning of the thread and I have two questions.

1. (which I probably already know the answer to) Is the in-room dining available at BLT too, or just at the CR?

2. I know many of the resorts are switching to Joffrey's coffee in the rooms. Any word on BLT and whether or not Joffrey's packets are given in the kitchens? Also, follow up.... are the coffee makers normal drip ones that take filters and grounds, or are they the pod style ones like the standard rooms at the non DVC resorts?

Thanks!!

SRUAlmn said:
I was just scrolling through the info posts at the beginning of the thread and I have two questions.

1. (which I probably already know the answer to) Is the in-room dining available at BLT too, or just at the CR?

2. I know many of the resorts are switching to Joffrey's coffee in the rooms. Any word on BLT and whether or not Joffrey's packets are given in the kitchens? Also, follow up.... are the coffee makers normal drip ones that take filters and grounds, or are they the pod style ones like the standard rooms at the non DVC resorts?

Thanks!!

Yes you can get in room dining at BLT, we do it at least once per trip... And as of this past January Joffrey's packets were in the kitchen... the coffee pots are regular filter and grounds, no pods.

I figure if I was going to find the answer I would find it here... I currently have a trip booked at BLT for next January, on borrowed points from my next use year so my points need to be used by May 31st 2015. My husband and I were talking and we really want to try out the Epcot Flower and Garden show so we were going to change our plans to go the last week in March instead... Since we can't change our plans until the end of April, due to the 11 month window, what do you think my chances are of getting a 1 bedroom standard view at that time? We would be going 2 weeks before Easter, so that crowd wouldn't be an issue... and based on the cost of points we won't be able to stay lakeview during that time of year this time around. This wait is killing me. Haha

Just saw the new thread and had to hop in, even though (sadly) I am not planning a CR trip at the moment. Hoping for next April! Love the new thread! Thanks for all of your hard work, Kook! Looks fabulous!

Anybody at the CR this coming week? Would love an update when the monorail is back up and running back to normal. :thumbsup2

Totally KOOK-tactic thread as always!!!!

Gets me excited for our one nighter in Oct.

Yes you can get in room dining at BLT, we do it at least once per trip... And as of this past January Joffrey's packets were in the kitchen... the coffee pots are regular filter and grounds, no pods.

Yup, 12-cup basket filters to be exact.

Thank you so much!! And you too, psac! (Don't know how to double quote on my iPhone :) ) This is great news!!

Thank you so much!! And you too, psac! (Don't know how to double quote on my iPhone :) ) This is great news!!

Yeah, I'm with you. For our DVC stays, we always like bringing a bag of our favorite coffee to make every morning. :)

Yes! Rack rate!! It's my mom, sister, myself and my husband. The issue is we're all adults so we need 3 beds. Someone is already possibly 'stuck' on the sleeper with a two bedroom as it is ! We had a HUGE suite at the Dolphin last time we all went and it was phenomenal, but it just didn't feel as Disney to me and my mom has been dreaming of watching the fireworks from her room for years! We lost my dad when my sisters and I were young and she's done so much for us, so I want her to get her that dream!
You are such a sweet and thoughtful DD. I really hope that you can apply a discount at some point, but it is so sweet that you're willing to pay rack rate to make your mom's dream come true. What an amazing vacation memory you're making.

Shiny new thread!!! So pretty!!!! :thumbsup2
Thanks, Candace. I hope you won't have to wear your shades:cool2:

Great looking thread! We have booked June 6-16, 2015. It will our son's graduation trip so we splurged for a CR 1 bedroom suite, MK view. A long way off, but already excited!!!
The Tower Club suites are so beautiful - what a fantastic graduation gift. I'll add you dates.

Looks great, KOOK :goodvibes. Thanks for keeping this thread going....you do such a great job of keeping it up to date :thumbsup2. Haven't booked the CR yet, but it's in the running for our next trip (whenever that may be :laughing:).
I'm glad you joined us and everyone is welcome whether they've stayed at CR/BLT or not. I really hope you can nail down your dates soon.

Do they still play the music to Wishes on the TV? If so what channel? Would love it if anyone has recent info, because the last I saw was channel 20, but that is now ESPN.
Good question. This is the channel guide from AllEars, and Wishes is not listed. You're correct that 20 is ESPN. Maybe someone will know the new number for the Wishes simulcast.

Disney Resort Cable TV Stations

2 Resort Information NBC Affiliate
3 Guide
4 WDW Today
5 WDW Must Do
7 Disney Vacation Club
8 WFTV-TV ABC Affiliate
9 WESH-TV NBC Affiliate
10 WKMG-TV CBS Affiliate
11 WOFL-TV Fox Affiliate
12 The Weather Channel
13 DISe
14 Disney Junior
15 Disney XD
16 ABC Family
17 Duffy the Disney Bear
18 Radio Disney
19 ESPN
20 ESPN2
21 ESPN News
22 ESPN U
23 ESPN Classic
24 ESPN Des Portes
25 ESPN Wide World of Sports
26 MLB
27 NFL Network
28 CBS Sports Network
29 NBC Sports Network
30 Golf Network
31 Headline News
32 CNN News
33 CNBC Financial News
34 MSNBC
35 Fox News News
36 Company Clips
37 TBS
38 TNT
39 USA Network
40 AMC
41 Discovery Channel
42 National Geographic
43 History Channel
44 Animal Planet
45 Travel Channel
46 Destination
47 Disney Vacation
48 Biogrpahy
49 TLC
50 Food Network
51 Cooking Channel
52 HGTV
53 A & E
54 BET
55 Oxygen
56 Lifetime
57 Lifetime Movie Network
58 WEtv
59 Bravo
60 TV Land
61 Soap Network
62 SyFy
63 CMT
64 WKCF
65 WUCF-TV
66 WRDQ
67 WHLV-TV
68 WACX
69 WOPX ION Network Television
70 WRBW Independent
71 WTGL Independent

73 Disney Must Do
74 Disney Vacation Club
76 Disney Must Do
77 Disney Vacation Club
78 Disney Info
79 Disney Info
80 Disney Info

Thanks!!

IMG_2374.jpg

I figure if I was going to find the answer I would find it here... I currently have a trip booked at BLT for next January, on borrowed points from my next use year so my points need to be used by May 31st 2015. My husband and I were talking and we really want to try out the Epcot Flower and Garden show so we were going to change our plans to go the last week in March instead... Since we can't change our plans until the end of April, due to the 11 month window, what do you think my chances are of getting a 1 bedroom standard view at that time? We would be going 2 weeks before Easter, so that crowd wouldn't be an issue... and based on the cost of points we won't be able to stay lakeview during that time of year this time around. This wait is killing me. Haha
Hopefully one of our DVC experts will help you.

Just saw the new thread and had to hop in, even though (sadly) I am not planning a CR trip at the moment. Hoping for next April! Love the new thread! Thanks for all of your hard work, Kook! Looks fabulous!
Welcome and this is a great place to plan your next trip…whenever that may be:)

Great thread! thank you Kook!

We are staying at CR 8/20-8/27. :cool1::cheer2:
Thank you, PrincessesX3. I'll log your dates:)

Totally KOOK-tactic thread as always!!!!

Gets me excited for our one nighter in Oct.
Aw, thanks much, psac. I hope no one takes your comment the wrong way:rotfl:

AllEars recently changed all the URLs for their WDW menus. I've updated all of them in the DINING sections so that the menu hyperlinks once again take you right to the menu.

Yeah, I'm with you. For our DVC stays, we always like bringing a bag of our favorite coffee to make every morning. :)

Us too! And my mom and sister can put down some COFFEE :rotfl: I think I'll bring a couple bags ;) We might actually need to order creamer from Garden Grocer, so maybe I'll just order the coffee from them too. My sister and I need fat free and from the looks of the pictures of the resort grocery section they don't have a fat free liquid coffeemate.

AllEars recently changed all the URLs for their WDW menus. I've updated all of them in the DINING sections so that the menu hyperlinks once again take you right to the menu.

Whew! I bet that was a lot of work! Thanks for keeping everything up to date for us :thumbsup2

You are such a sweet and thoughtful DD. I really hope that you can apply a discount at some point, but it is so sweet that you're willing to pay rack rate to make your mom's dream come true. What an amazing vacation memory you're making.

Aw, thanks much, psac. I hope no one takes your comment the wrong way:rotfl:

She's paying for some of it too (just didn't want to take all the credit ;) ) But as long as the IRS is good to us this year I can hopefully pay for most of it! She just deserves it after all she's done for us! I wish I COULD afford to pay for all of it! :goodvibes

and I am :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: about your comment to PSAC

Hey everyone :-)

I have part of our September split stay booked at the CR.

I have a few questions :-)

If I want to stay in the building that is closest to the tower... how should I best request it? Preferably also a room in that closest building that is yet closest to the tower... I do not care about the view - at all. We have garden view booked but only because standard was not available.

Is the only place to use refillable mugs on the 4th floor in the tower? What about the place by the pool?

Since this is a split stay...will we have two sets of mugs since the chip from the first stay will expire the day we check out at the BC?

Are there elevators in the Garden Wing rooms?

The kids check in is SO cute. Never noticed that anywhere else at Disney!

I am so excited....we only get to travel in the most expensive seasons usually so the CR is usually out of price range but I always wanted to stay there :goodvibes .
We would have spend all 5 nights there but I wanted to do SAB for my girls so we are splitting :)

Since this is a split stay...will we have two sets of mugs since the chip from the first stay will expire the day we check out at the BC?

Maybe, maybe not.

If you purchase a "length of stay" mug for the BC portion of your trip it will be good for 14days, even after you check out of BC. Length of Stay = 14 days. So if your total trip is 14 days or less, you'll only need 1 mug.

If you have the dining plan for the BC portion of your stay the mug is included and setup automatically for "length of stay", 14 days. If your total trip is 14 days or less you will only need 1 mug.

If you purchase a 1, 2 or 3 day mug for your BC stay, it will deactivate after you check out of BC. Then you will need a 2nd mug for your CR stay.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the new thread, KOOK! Very helpful for our Anniversary/ Christmas trip this year. New to DVC & 1st time @ BLT. :cool1:

I am always late to the party!! :blush: Thanks for another lovely new informative thread KOOK! :goodvibes

Whew! I bet that was a lot of work! Thanks for keeping everything up to date for us :thumbsup2
It was a bit of a chore since I had 3 threads to do. The BWI thread has the most dining menus since I include most of the BW and Epcot are resort menus.

I noticed that the private dining menus aren't available on AllEars anymore. I have one for WL and I'll have one for BWI in June, but if anyone can post a recent one for CR, I can link to it on the first page:thumbsup2. I only have an older one.

Hey everyone :-)

I have part of our September split stay booked at the CR.

I have a few questions :-)

If I want to stay in the building that is closest to the tower... how should I best request it? Preferably also a room in that closest building that is yet closest to the tower... I do not care about the view - at all. We have garden view booked but only because standard was not available.

There is only one GW building. The rooms in the GW that are closest to the Tower are the Standard View rooms which have a view of the parking lot with the monorail beyond. The Garden View rooms aren't that much further from the Tower. All the rooms are pretty close and there are elevators and a covered walkway right to the Tower.

Is the only place to use refillable mugs on the 4th floor in the tower? What about the place by the pool?

The Contempo Cafe on the 4th floor is where the CR's refill station is located. The CR pool doesn't have a refill station. The BLT pool does, but that is only available to BLT guests.
Answered your un-answered questions in RED. Happy planning!

Thanks for the new thread, KOOK! Very helpful for our Anniversary/ Christmas trip this year. New to DVC & 1st time @ BLT. :cool1:
Made it just for you;). You're going to love BLT. The villas and views are amazing.

I am always late to the party!! :blush: Thanks for another lovely new informative thread KOOK! :goodvibes
Glad you made it and welcome!

I must have missed this... can someone fill me in?
Thanks!
At the CR check-in there is a registration book just for kids to sign. It's on top of the counter at the check-in nearest to Bell Services. At least that's where it used to be a couple of years ago when I last noticed it.

We are staying at the Contemporary for the first time next month (Garden Wing, Garden View Room) - me, DH and DS (2). We mainly chose the Contemporary to be close to MK and on the monorail since we'll be heading back to the resort for naps each afternoon (and also because it's the only Deluxe resort we haven't tried yet and we wanted to check it off our list ;).) Can anyone tell me the order of stops the busses will make for HS, AK, DTD and the water parks - for both the trips there and the return trips? I know there is some sharing with other deluxe resorts but I'm not sure of the specifics. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!