Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Great job Kook! Thanks for providing all the info in such a well organized way, your threads are the best!
And the FTP ribbon goes to…Paul! Please share it with cutie pie Allie. Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm glad you find the information well organized and I really appreciate your using the plural:)

first-place-ribbon.jpg

Well Kook.....thought I would mosey on over since I see you are open for business. New place looks fantastic. Very well decorated with a fabulous floor plan. I think I will pull up a chair and hang out here for a while. Even longer if those rumored discounts come out tomorrow with CR BLV and a 30 or 35% next to the rack rate.....:chat: If not, it will just be a short visit here and there to admire the new place:goodvibes
:wave2:
The edgy revamp really highlights all the great features of these fabulous resorts, doesn't it? Let us know when you book - all appendages crossed for a great discount for you. There's no shame in second so I hope you like those Princesses...

72863.jpg

Looks Great. Can't wait to be there in a few weeks!
Thanks and here's yours…

fvUG-v8A.B

Excellent job as always Kook! Looks fantastic! :thumbsup2
Thank you! Phew, so relieved you're here to help "direct traffic";)

A new CR thread :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
250 pages were not enough again

Kook, we all love you for your resort-threads :goodvibes
Hallo und herzlich willkommen! I really enjoy creating helpful threads, so comments like yours mean a lot to me. (BTW, I had to ask my German-speaking DD to assist me with your avatar and I ended-up listening to some of their music:thumbsup2)

The new thread looks great. Just wanted to say thanks for everything you do and all the hard work you put in.
I'm so glad you like it and thank you for the compliment.

Found it :) So now you know I've seen it I can be severely dealt with if I post on the old one by mistake. No excuses lol. Thanks for setting this up for us :thumbsup2

Wow, KOOK!!! Fantastic work!!!!! I've been struggling with excitement since we booked a year in advance and already passed our ADR mark. You have managed to re-excite me!! Thanks!!

Participation post...
Staying at CR 5/4 thru 5/10.
Dreamed about it for 35years now and its right around the corner.
:banana: :goodvibes:goodvibes:lmao::dance3::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:pixiedust:party::dancer::jumping1:

Great job Kook!!!

The new thread looks Great! We are staying at a BLT studio for the first time, in September. I had a very trivial question, here goes... Pictures of the laundry machines show a place to slide your room card. However, you don't get a room card now, right? How would that work today, besides cash?

RESORT NEWS... ~CR ACTIVITY CALENDAR ~BLT ACTIVITY CALENDAR 2013 MAJOR RESORT ENHANCEMENTS: Guest elevator improvements. Contemporary Tower and South Garden Wing Guest room soft goods replacement. 14th floor Tower Club Refurbishment of lounge and rooms. 12th floor Atrium Club level concierge lounge and room soft goods rehab. California Grill refurbishment. POST YOUR VACATION DATES AND I'LL PLACE THEM HERE IN THIS NIFTY LOG! http://s621.photobucket.com/user/WD...7-4fb6-b422-be39edd71ec4_zps9fddfcc4.jpg.html Pygmypuff07: 3/15 - 3/21 CR snowwhite84: 3/17 - 3/23 GW MommaBarb: 3/31 - 4/5 CR Brian Noble: 4/5 - 4/12 BLT-Two Bedroom First BLT/CR stay cgh: 4/26 - 5/3 BLT-One Bedroom Gillyrose779: 4/27 - 5/4 BLT One Bedroom shelleylmu: 5/14 - 5/20 BLT-Studio witchesbrew: 5/24 - 5/28 CR llouque: 5/25 - 6/1 CR-TPV bc133: 5/25 - 6/1 BLT So excited! goofy4prez: 6/2 - 6/9 CR-Atrium Club Pygmypuff07: 6/5 - 6/8 CR-CL Tinkerbellsmomma: 6/14 - 6/19 BLT Studio Trooper8286: 6/14 - 6/16 BLT One Bedroom Our first stay at BLT! WDWKOOK: 6/22 - 6/25 BWI and 6/25 - 7/3 WL-CL Celebrating our 27th anniversary glvsav37: 7/14 - 7/25 BLT SRUAlmn: 7/17 - 7/24 BLT YCFAN: 7/18 - 7/21 Tower Club OurBigTrip: 7/29 - 8/8 CR-TPV syp4dis: 8/21 - 8/24 Atrium Club Missyrose: 8/29 - 8/30 BLT Studio poohgirl6: 8/31 - 9/7 CR Julie521: 9/1 - 9/11 BLT Studio Last trip before getting a house and kids! mickeymouseclubhouse: 9/8 - 9/10 BLT Studio snausman: 9/12 - 9/21 Atrium Club jkc0325: 9/12 - 9/15 mousekatool: 9/13 - 9/20 Our first stay at CR! Brandigregory: 9/13 - 9/20 BLT One Bedroom This will be our first stay! Gracie09: 9/18 - 9/25 BLT princessap: 9/21 - 9/29 BLT jennab: 9/21 - 9/25 BLT-Studio jvarne1: 11/1 - 119 BLT One Bedroom mickeyplanner: 11/22 - 11/28 BLT Studio bohemian74: 11/23 - 11/28 BLT Two Bedroom I am ridiculously excited! Pygmypuff07: 12/6 - 12/17 CR
mpbs: 5/19 - 5/25 Atrium Club

Hi
This is our first trip to WDW and we have picked to stay at BLT

this is for our honeymoon and going to be spending a decent amount of time at WDW...so we have opted just for a BLT studio standard view to save some money.

Have been going through the old thread for past week or more...and it's allot of information to process.

wondering if someone can help us with room "request" (we know they are just request)

it appears that there are a few studio stand. views that over look a parking lot, tennis court, and Magic Kingdom...seen some rooms with views of firework shows on the old thread.

What do we "request" to get one of these rooms with a view of MK over the parking lot and dumpsters?

would this be "north part of tower facing outwards"
(as we understand the resort is shaped like a "C")
"even number room" "on highest floor possible"

would the above request be accurate in trying to secure one of these stand view studios with some what of a MK view?

any help is greatly appreciated!
THANKS everyone ...this is why we love THE DIS

Awesome thread! Please add us...we are staying in a BLT studio 9/10-9/14. Will just be DH, me and our 2yo. Taking her on a long weekend to visit Magic Kingdom!

Joining in on the new thread!! :)
Welcome!

Found it :) So now you know I've seen it I can be severely dealt with if I post on the old one by mistake. No excuses lol. Thanks for setting this up for us :thumbsup2
You're welcome:). Glad you found us.

Wow, KOOK!!! Fantastic work!!!!! I've been struggling with excitement since we booked a year in advance and already passed our ADR mark. You have managed to re-excite me!! Thanks!!
Re-did the thread just for you;). What ADRs did you book?

Participation post...
Staying at CR 5/4 thru 5/10.
Dreamed about it for 35years now and its right around the corner.
:banana: :goodvibes:goodvibes:lmao::dance3::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:pixiedust:party::dancer::jumping1:

Great job Kook!!!
Thanks, skateshome and I'll add you to the Log-orail. You've waited a long time to be in our log:yay:

The new thread looks Great! We are staying at a BLT studio for the first time, in September. I had a very trivial question, here goes... Pictures of the laundry machines show a place to slide your room card. However, you don't get a room card now, right? How would that work today, besides cash?
I don't have a photo of it, but there's a 24-hour self-service laundry on the first floor of BLT. I assume it is free to BLT guests, as it is at other DVCs. You will need your KTTW card or MB to enter and the machines should be free.

Hopped over from the WL thread...subscribed and much appreciation to you KOOK!
Did you take a Sea Raycer or the Blue Flag? Welcome!

mpbs: 5/19 - 5/25 Atrium Club
:thumbsup2

Hi
This is our first trip to WDW and we have picked to stay at BLT

this is for our honeymoon and going to be spending a decent amount of time at WDW...so we have opted just for a BLT studio standard view to save some money.

Have been going through the old thread for past week or more...and it's allot of information to process.

wondering if someone can help us with room "request" (we know they are just request)

it appears that there are a few studio stand. views that over look a parking lot, tennis court, and Magic Kingdom...seen some rooms with views of firework shows on the old thread.

What do we "request" to get one of these rooms with a view of MK over the parking lot and dumpsters?

would this be "north part of tower facing outwards"
(as we understand the resort is shaped like a "C")
"even number room" "on highest floor possible"

would the above request be accurate in trying to secure one of these stand view studios with some what of a MK view?

any help is greatly appreciated!
THANKS everyone ...this is why we love THE DIS
I don't know if you got a more thorough answer from the BLT room # experts on the BLT room number thread where you posted. That thread has all the room numbers and respective views/descriptions in Post 1. The view you are describing is like #7306 (and others like 7404). It is an "outer villa on the north side."

Awesome thread! Please add us...we are staying in a BLT studio 9/10-9/14. Will just be DH, me and our 2yo. Taking her on a long weekend to visit Magic Kingdom!
Thank you and I'd be happy to add you. Happy planning!

So glad to find this thread. Lots of great info.

This will be my 4th time to WDW and first time onsite.:cool1::woohoo: We are staying at CR BLV Aug 23-30 for our 10th anniversary trip.

Has anyone done with personal water craft tour by Sammy Duvall that leaves from the contemporary marina? I am thinking about doing it with my husband and was wondering what people's experiences were with it.

Re-did the thread just for you;). What ADRs did you book?

Ha! :thumbsup2

We booked:
California Grill for July 17
Chef Mickey's breakfast for July 20
Crystal Palace breakfast for July 23

On another note.....I am so, super worried. I know you should never book a resort with hopes of a discount in mind, but our BLT, MK view, 2 bedroom is a splurge for us. My mom has always dreamed of being able to see the fireworks from her room and this year I wanted that dream to come true. I just saw the Disney VISA code for summer and BLT is excluded.... I really hope this isn't a sign of what's to come for the AP and General Public discounts! :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!