Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

C’mon Disney. New rooms (with maybe not too over the top Incredibles theming), totally renovate both pools and the pool bar area, add a Geyser Point-like waterfront dining restaurant, and I will never stay anywhere else. Promise.

I so agree about the pool area and a waterfront eatery a la Geyser Point! That would be incredible and an upgrade that’s long overdue!

What floors are Club level rooms on? Looking at least expensive Bay Lake View Atrium Club level? Any area to avoid (noise from Chef Mickey)?

What floors are Club level rooms on? Looking at least expensive Bay Lake View Atrium Club level? Any area to avoid (noise from Chef Mickey)?

CR has two Club Levels - Atrium Club which is on the 12th floor and Tower Club which is on the 14th floor. Atrium Club/12th floor is all standard rooms and is what most people are talking about when they say "CR CL" around message boards and such. Tower Club/14th floor is mostly suites and most of the rooms have to be booked via phone (some suites are bookable on Disney's website). (Sorry if you already know all of that!!)

The "Standard Room - Atrium Club Level" that is on Disney's website will be the cheapest CL option and will be on the 12th floor, facing Bay Lake.

I personally would rather not be on the Chef Mickey's end of the building, but I always feel a bit bad in mentioning this because it's one of those things that's not really that big of a deal. You could be out/about during your whole trip and never hear anything. We just happened to stay at CR a few times when our kids were little/napping and recall the noise drifting up rather clearly so it's just something that has stuck with me.

This map is a little hard to read, but it should help. When I book that room category, I typically request "Away from Chef Mickey's, Example rooms 4810-4824." Although last time I didn't feel strongly enough to even send a request - so it's sort of a tweener for me.

Sorry that was long, but hope it helps. Happy to answer any questions.

CR has two Club Levels - Atrium Club which is on the 12th floor and Tower Club which is on the 14th floor. Atrium Club/12th floor is all standard rooms and is what most people are talking about when they say "CR CL" around message boards and such. Tower Club/14th floor is mostly suites and most of the rooms have to be booked via phone (some suites are bookable on Disney's website). (Sorry if you already know all of that!!)

The "Standard Room - Atrium Club Level" that is on Disney's website will be the cheapest CL option and will be on the 12th floor, facing Bay Lake.

I personally would rather not be on the Chef Mickey's end of the building, but I always feel a bit bad in mentioning this because it's one of those things that's not really that big of a deal. You could be out/about during your whole trip and never hear anything. We just happened to stay at CR a few times when our kids were little/napping and recall the noise drifting up rather clearly so it's just something that has stuck with me.

This map is a little hard to read, but it should help. When I book that room category, I typically request "Away from Chef Mickey's, Example rooms 4810-4824." Although last time I didn't feel strongly enough to even send a request - so it's sort of a tweener for me.

View attachment 437501

Sorry that was long, but hope it helps. Happy to answer any questions.
It was perfect thank you! We want to be away from Chef Mickey’s as it’s my 22 year old son and I . Yes it would be floor 12 Atrium. Thank you!!!!

It was perfect thank you! We want to be away from Chef Mickey’s as it’s my 22 year old son and I . Yes it would be floor 12 Atrium. Thank you!!!!

Cool! I personally love that view category for CL.... you get the beautiful Bay Lake view from your room and the MK view from the lounge - best of both worlds! Plus without the TPV room cost.

Enjoy your trip.

Cool! I personally love that view category for CL.... you get the beautiful Bay Lake view from your room and the MK view from the lounge - best of both worlds! Plus without the TPV room cost.

Enjoy your trip.

Switched my reservation from CL Gran Destino to Atrium CL at Contemporary. Probably last mom/son trip. Yes more $$ but worth it! We did TPV (not CL there) 2 years ago and loved walking to MK.

Thanks

The flatbreads at Contempo are very good and they usually have several types. We have found the Chicken Alfredo pasta to be pretty good, too. They always have fun, delicious cupcakes! It is definitely worth a monorail ride over to the GF for Gasparilla Grill. Their food is always very fresh and they have some creative offerings. Captain Cook's has good food but, in our experience, it always seems to be very crowded and hectic.
We are at the Contemporary now - please note that Gasparilla Grill at the Grand Floridian takes around 20 minutes to prepare your meal! We thought it was "quick serve" and stopped there wanting a grilled chicken and brie sandwich about 4pm on a Tuesday. After waiting in a line to order we were told it would be 20 minutes and they would bring it to our table. We cancelled our order and left since we didn't plan on that long for quick serve. Captain Cook's and The Contempo Cafe always have our food ready in about 5 minutes.

My husband and I are doing a split stay between the Dolphin and Contemporary at the end of October. I surprised him with the Contemporary the last part of our trip as this will be our 25th Anniversary trip and it's always been on our wish list. I have a couple questions. Is there a recommended room request for a lake view room? Is it true guests can go up to California Grill at 4:30 without reservation to get a drink at the bar? We have dinner reservations at The Wave at 5:00 and I thought this would be a nice thing to do before we head to dinner. Lastly, where is a good place to view the fireworks at the resort?

My husband and I are doing a split stay between the Dolphin and Contemporary at the end of October. I surprised him with the Contemporary the last part of our trip as this will be our 25th Anniversary trip and it's always been on our wish list. I have a couple questions. Is there a recommended room request for a lake view room? Is it true guests can go up to California Grill at 4:30 without reservation to get a drink at the bar? We have dinner reservations at The Wave at 5:00 and I thought this would be a nice thing to do before we head to dinner. Lastly, where is a good place to view the fireworks at the resort?

Sounds like a fun way to celebrate your anniversary to me!

Personally, I’d request an upper floor. If you felt like saying “upper floor, away from Chef Mickeys”, that could work too if you would like to not be on the Chef Mickeys side (I find the noise drifts up and you can occasionally hear it in your room if you are sensitive to noise). Of course, requests are just that, but it never hurts.

Not sure about 4:30pm for the Cali Grill bar - the website lists the hours as 5pm so I ‘thought’ that’s the earliest you can go up to sit at the bar, but maybe someone else knows for sure.

DW and I have arrived at opening several times and had no trouble getting a spot at the bar - it is one of our favorite spots! Personally I’d just stay up there and eat vs The Wave, but that’s just me. Do try to make sure you’re there sometime close to opening just in case they get a rush of people trying to do the same thing (although in my experience it’s usually just been us and a few other couples).

Cali Grill is a good place to watch fireworks - you can get back up to the observation deck with your receipt.

The fourth floor observation deck is also a popular spot.

Have a great trip!

Switched my reservation from CL Gran Destino to Atrium CL at Contemporary. Probably last mom/son trip. Yes more $$ but worth it! We did TPV (not CL there) 2 years ago and loved walking to MK.

Thanks
Enjoy! Our ds22 said he wants a break from disney. Luckily we all 4 were together in May at GF rpc. Leave with a bang right?

My ds still loves cookies and milk and I got smart and stock up during the day so when we get back late they are there in the room.

Yes more $ but for a last trip you made a great choice! Atrium is awesome :)

We have two rooms booked at CR (TPV not CL) in January for two nights. On our last stay at Poly, I belonged to TP so made my room requests through them. I didn't renew my membership so is it enough to have my requests noted by calling the Disney reservation line?

I know it's request only - but we'd like connecting rooms, preferably on a higher floor (not sure if the Chef Mickey noise would be an issue??)

We have two rooms booked at CR (TPV not CL) in January for two nights. On our last stay at Poly, I belonged to TP so made my room requests through them. I didn't renew my membership so is it enough to have my requests noted by calling the Disney reservation line?

I know it's request only - but we'd like connecting rooms, preferably on a higher floor (not sure if the Chef Mickey noise would be an issue??)
Depending when you are going in January, like marathon time or not, I'd make connecting rooms my only request if they are the most important to you.

I cannot believe it, but just completed our on line checkin, loaded our Halloween tickets for trick or treating and starting to pack.
Yup in 16 days back for our fall get a way to Disney World.

We booked a Magic Kingdom view In CR, and a while back reserved all our dining and fast passes.

Cannot wait.

I plan on making connecting rooms my only request for 2 TPV rooms. Just curious if fireworks can be seen as well from lower floors? I’d rather have a higher floor but since connecting is the priority I’ll just make one request.

Hi Contemporary experts! I need some advice.

We are staying eight nights at the Contemporary in January in a standard garden wing room. As you probably know, the discounts for that time were released today; however, our room type does not qualify. We do, however, have the option of upgrading to the main tower (Lake view) for about $1000 more. Theme park view is even more. Not interested in switching resorts.

I’m torn. $1k is a good chunk of change we could spend elsewhere, but we will be there for a pretty long stay and I’m wondering the added convenience is worth it.
If you’ve stayed at the Contemporary, particularly in the garden wing, I’d love to hear your thoughts! We need to decide soon. Kids are 7, 4, 4

I know I could call the reservation line...but after being on hold for 40 minutes today with a different department I just don’t have the energy. Does anyone know the current cost of CR cabana rentals? Half and full day? Thanks.

We are staying eight nights at the Contemporary in January in a standard garden wing room. As you probably know, the discounts for that time were released today; however, our room type does not qualify. We do, however, have the option of upgrading to the main tower (Lake view) for about $1000 more. Theme park view is even more. Not interested in switching resorts.

I’m torn. $1k is a good chunk of change we could spend elsewhere, but we will be there for a pretty long stay and I’m wondering the added convenience is worth it.
If you’ve stayed at the Contemporary, particularly in the garden wing, I’d love to hear your thoughts! We need to decide soon. Kids are 7, 4, 4
I would spend the extra money to stay in the tower. We always stay in the tower. It’s our favorite resort but if the garden wing was our only choice, I might stay somewhere else.

We stayed in the Garden Wing when they called it the South Wing (BLT wasn't built yet). We thought the room was great for the three of us. Two queen beds and a day bed. Plus it was pretty large, plenty of room. Didn't have to wait long for an elevator since the wing building isn't nearly as tall as the main building or we could just use the stairs. It was a quick walk (maybe five minutes or less) to the main building or to the bus stop. Save the $1K and use it for something else for as seed for your next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!