Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

If you are at BLT, the sofa will be a queen or double sized sleeper sofa. If you are in a CR hotel room, you would have the day bed.

BLT...Bay lake tower? I was told main building theme park view. This was a hold now kind of thing so that is why i came here to start asking questions with the photos I see. Day bed as in its basically sleeping on a sofa. My husband is my sugar daddy when it comes to this and i need all answers to pull the full trigger on this when he comes home tonight.

BLT...Bay lake tower? I was told main building theme park view. This was a hold now kind of thing so that is why i came here to start asking questions with the photos I see. Day bed as in its basically sleeping on a sofa. My husband is my sugar daddy when it comes to this and i need all answers to pull the full trigger on this when he comes home tonight.
Yes, Bay Lake Tower. That is the Disney Vacation Club portion of the Contemporary Resort. It has sleeper sofas, not day beds. The Contemporary Resort has the tower and the wing building and those are the hotel portion of the resort. The hotel rooms usually have two queen beds and a single day bed. You flip the back forward and you get a nearly twin sized bed. It sounds like you have a tower room in the hotel portion. If it says villa or studio, that would be the DVC at BLT.

Saw CR included in my dates for the discounts that came out on Tuesday - check your reservation!!
I've been seeing a lot of CR too! I was actually lucky last night and scored a better rate than my TA and went from standard to garden view in the garden wing. I am not going to complain about saving $56! lol

Yes, Bay Lake Tower. That is the Disney Vacation Club portion of the Contemporary Resort. It has sleeper sofas, not day beds. The Contemporary Resort has the tower and the wing building and those are the hotel portion of the resort. The hotel rooms usually have two queen beds and a single day bed. You flip the back forward and you get a nearly twin sized bed. It sounds like you have a tower room in the hotel portion. If it says villa or studio, that would be the DVC at BLT.

PERFECT!!! THANK YOU. Sorry for sounding confused and all. As much as this is not my dream resort the idea of having fireworks every night to watch from our room sounds AMAZING and its my husbands dream resort. plus my great uncle was a PM on this resort great way to pay regards to the man.

Looks like we just confirmed that we are going to change from yacht club to contemporary. I just hope its as great as people say. I just really like the idea of being as close as we are to MK and all.

PERFECT!!! THANK YOU. Sorry for sounding confused and all. As much as this is not my dream resort the idea of having fireworks every night to watch from our room sounds AMAZING and its my husbands dream resort. plus my great uncle was a PM on this resort great way to pay regards to the man.

Looks like we just confirmed that we are going to change from yacht club to contemporary. I just hope its as great as people say. I just really like the idea of being as close as we are to MK and all.
Being able to walk to the MK from the CR is so nice. It's currently the only resort you can walk to the MK.

I had a room only booked at Poly for the “extra” night I added to the beginning of our December stay t CR. When AP discounts dropped, I was able to move to Contemporary TPV for that first night for a few $ difference. Now all 3 of my reservations for that now 9 night trip are at CR. I must stop playing with my reservations now.

Is this still the current fax number 407-824-3539 for Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort ?? TIA

Hi all!
Staying at Contemporary for the first time in 4 weeks. We were watching a youtube video on the rooms, we are staying in the garden wing. I noticed in the video there was no drawers to put clothes under the TV like most of the hotels have. Am i missing something? Where are you putting all your folded clothes? I see they have the 2 closets but thats not much room for 5 people staying a week. If there's no drawers where are you putting your clothes? Any tips?
Also we are doing a split stay, moving over to yacht club, this is our first ever split. How will we get over there with our luggage? Thanks!!

Hi all!
Staying at Contemporary for the first time in 4 weeks. We were watching a youtube video on the rooms, we are staying in the garden wing. I noticed in the video there was no drawers to put clothes under the TV like most of the hotels have. Am i missing something? Where are you putting all your folded clothes? I see they have the 2 closets but thats not much room for 5 people staying a week. If there's no drawers where are you putting your clothes? Any tips?
Also we are doing a split stay, moving over to yacht club, this is our first ever split. How will we get over there with our luggage? Thanks!!
I don't unpack into drawers so I am not aware of other methods, but there are two longer drawers between the bed and desk:

515FA88A-01B9-4AF2-B1CE-92391D08E32F.jpeg

would you say its bigger than a nightstand drawer?
do you remember if its 2 or 3? not sure if there's another one down there the bed is in the way lol
It was almost a year since I took that pic, so I stole this one from Google that shows it better:

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 1.32.34 PM.png

Definitely only two drawers, but they seem longer than a regular nightstand. Hope that helps!

Last edited:

You can either take your luggage to bell services or call for them to come pick it up from your room in the morning before you check out. You tell them how many bags and which resort they’re going to and they will transfer them for you. Your bags should arrive at your second resort by 5:00pm. Then you can either pick them up from bell services or have them brought to your room there.

You can either take your luggage to bell services or call for them to come pick it up from your room in the morning before you check out. You tell them how many bags and which resort they’re going to and they will transfer them for you. Your bags should arrive at your second resort by 5:00pm. Then you can either pick them up from bell services or have them brought to your room there.
Make that hopefully by 5PM. It could be later.

do they put a tag or something on them in front of you that says wheres its going? or they just haul it off?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter