Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I do have one quick one....are all Atrium CL rooms on the 12th floor, or is that just where the "club" is located?

Yep, standard Atrium Club rooms are on the 12th floor. The one exception is some Garden Wing suites that get "CL access" to Atrium as well. But outside of those, if you booked a normal/standard Atrium Club room, you'll be on the 12th floor.

Yep, standard Atrium Club rooms are on the 12th floor. The one exception is some Garden Wing suites that get "CL access" to Atrium as well. But outside of those, if you booked a normal/standard Atrium Club room, you'll be on the 12th floor.
Wonderful! My husband just asked about it because he has a strong dislike of elevators. Probably not so strong that he would want to take 12 flights of stairs though. LOL! Thanks for your help!

Wonderful! My husband just asked about it because he has a strong dislike of elevators. Probably not so strong that he would want to take 12 flights of stairs though. LOL! Thanks for your help!

So I'm not going to lie, one of the more common gripes about CR is the elevators. In the evenings and other high traffic times, they can sometimes be slower than you might otherwise expect in a large, multi-story building. A lot of the capacity gets eaten up by people going from the 1st floor (lobby) and 4th floor (main concourse, Chef Mickey's, Contempo Cafe, monorail, all shops, etc).

It's not the end of the world, just maybe see if you can set his expectations a bit before hand. :-)

So I'm not going to lie, one of the more common gripes about CR is the elevators. In the evenings and other high traffic times, they can sometimes be slower than you might otherwise expect in a large, multi-story building. A lot of the capacity gets eaten up by people going from the 1st floor (lobby) and 4th floor (main concourse, Chef Mickey's, Contempo Cafe, monorail, all shops, etc).

It's not the end of the world, just maybe see if you can set his expectations a bit before hand. :-)
GADisneyDad14, if you are staying in the Tower Club and are going to the California Grill, do you need to take the elevator all the way down to the 2nd floor and then a special elevator up to the Cali Grill?

His biggest issue is a fear of getting stuck in an elevator, so as long as they are moving, even slowly, he should be ok. I am more of the impatient one, so your warning is good for my own preparation. Thanks for your advice!

GADisneyDad14, if you are staying in the Tower Club and are going to the California Grill, do you need to take the elevator all the way down to the 2nd floor and then a special elevator up to the Cali Grill?

I 'think' you do, although not 100% sure about that.

I do have one quick one....are all Atrium CL rooms on the 12th floor, or is that just where the "club" is located?
One thing I really enjoy about CR Atrium is the lounge and rooms on same floor. Not all cl's have that option.(non suite)

Also peeking over the rail at the crowd and fun below is neat. Then you have a totally different view from the balcony too.

The tower is shaped like a long H. The elevators in the center. The lounge is at the connection of the center on the MK facing side. So really pretty centrally located for all rooms.

The cms in that center hall so when you exit the elevator they are right there.

Lots of nice cm's there, I think you will enjoy trying it.

Thank you. I am really looking forward to it, even though it will be a short trip. Checking another resort of my bucket list:)
One thing I really enjoy about CR Atrium is the lounge and rooms on same floor. Not all cl's have that option.(non suite)

Also peeking over the rail at the crowd and fun below is neat. Then you have a totally different view from the balcony too.

The tower is shaped like a long H. The elevators in the center. The lounge is at the connection of the center on the MK facing side. So really pretty centrally located for all rooms.

The cms in that center hall so when you exit the elevator they are right there.

Lots of nice cm's there, I think you will enjoy trying it.
you

Some random pics from my Labor Day CR trip....

Feature pool current hours (accurate as of 9/3)....
File Sep 05, 9 10 08 PM.jpeg

A beautiful evening on the shores of Bay Lake....
File Sep 05, 9 11 10 PM.jpeg

Always so pretty....
File Sep 05, 9 11 32 PM.jpeg

New water bottle cases/pricing in the gift shop. $3.99 for an 8-pack.
IMG_5451.JPG

IMG_5545.JPG

We rented one of those sea racer things this trip. It was so much fun!
IMG_5581.JPG

IMG_5595.JPG

This was the first day of our trip. Hopefully fixing this thing, as it has never fully worked in my CR history....
IMG_5602.JPG

This was the status by our last night. Probably open by now I suspect....
File Sep 05, 9 10 30 PM.jpeg

Stayed at the CR last weekend. Second time staying there this year and also the second time I did not get an automatic check in/room number. Card was on file and online check in completed. The CM wrote my balance on a piece of paper and asked if it was ok to charge my card. I shed her why they were doing this since all was on file and online check in completed. She said that they like to ensure guests are ok with the payment option. I thought that was weird. Anyone else experience this? I've never had this at other resorts.

On the up side, we were upgraded from garden wing to the tower so that was nice.

Stayed at the CR last weekend. Second time staying there this year and also the second time I did not get an automatic check in/room number. Card was on file and online check in completed. The CM wrote my balance on a piece of paper and asked if it was ok to charge my card. I shed her why they were doing this since all was on file and online check in completed. She said that they like to ensure guests are ok with the payment option. I thought that was weird. Anyone else experience this? I've never had this at other resorts.

On the up side, we were upgraded from garden wing to the tower so that was nice.

When did you do online check-in? The only time that has happened to me is when I did online check-in very late... like the day or two before arrival. Most times I've done it much further in advance and have not had to mess with payment at the time.

This time I did it late (booked Tuesday, arrived Friday). Previous time had more advance warning (although I can't remember the exact dates). Good to know that if I'm more of a planner I won't have to stop at the desk.

This time I did it late (booked Tuesday, arrived Friday). Previous time had more advance warning (although I can't remember the exact dates). Good to know that if I'm more of a planner I won't have to stop at the desk.

You MIGHT be able to Bypass The Front Desk. Even if even if you do Online Check In earlier you still might have to go to the front desk.

Yes, I should have clarified above. The only time I've been asked to confirm payment/shown the balance due even though I had already done online check-in was the time I did online check-in very, very close to the the arrival date.

As PP said, getting the room ready text/e-mail can be hit or miss. Mostly hit, but sometimes nothing.

Photo courtesy Johnny B DisneyFoodBlog.com
Contemporary-Resort-after-Hurrican-Irma-700x482.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter