Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

We have a breakfast ressie at The Wave- is it similar to the buffet at the GF character breakfast?
We did that one a looooong time ago and enjoyed it.
Do you mean is the food similar? I think the buffet at The Wave is fabulous - yogurt parfaits, fresh juice blend of the day, sweet potato pancakes - lots of different really fresh choices. The environment is quiet and laid back. We were well taken care of by our server, this was the #1 ADR my kids and husband requested for our upcoming trip! There are no characters and there aren't too many families eating there, mostly adults.

The position of BLT isn't that much further skewed than the CR for fireworks - both are pretty off to the side. BLT is fun because you can watch the monorail, CR has a better view of 7 seas lagoon and the boats. I'd give a slight pref to CR, but we didn't spend much time in the BLT room (one night trip and we were upgraded from lake view, so we hadn't anticipated the MK view when we were planning).

CR, 10th floor :
View attachment 233361

BLT, 10th or 11th floor :
View attachment 233362

Thank you so much for this! We are very excited about having more space with a 2 bedroom villa, but we did love our CR MK view from our first trip.

I am probably overthinking it. No one in my family will compare and analyze as much as me.

Hi everyone, great thread, thanks for all the information and tips. We are planning our first stay at CR this fall. This resort was never on my must do list, but it looks like the best fit for my family this trip and I'm looking forward to it. We are booked in TPV and I am really looking forward to a balcony and windows I can leave open, also no one will be walking by and looking in. :-) We have been staying at Pop the last few trips. The only way to get some fresh air in the room there is to prop your room door open and watch all your neighbors walk by and look at you funny. :-).

Couple questions, the atrium, not sure what to call it, but the center of the building, can get very noisy. Do you hear any of that noise in the room? Also, does anyone have problems with the height? I'm not a big fan of being up high. I was thinking of requesting a lower floor. But I don't know how that effects the view? If we are paying for Theme park view, I don't want to mess that up by making a bad request. Thanks!

I'm about a quarter way through the thread and I'm taking notes. Thanks all.

We thought it was going to be noisy - and we were surprised that it wasn't that bad at all. Now, we didn't hang out in the room much - but even walking out of our room into the hallways and near the elevators - it was fine. The area that was loud was the kids pool; since our boys are almost 10 & 13, we easily hung out at the adult pool.

We have a breakfast ressie at The Wave- is it similar to the buffet at the GF character breakfast?
The food choices, quality, and price are all better at The Wave. The sweet potato pancakes and grits are really delicious.

So how successful have people been getting a ground floor room request in the garden wing? We check in next Saturday and are booked for garden wing standard view.

We are really hoping for the ground floor because our daughter goes to bed early and we'd love to have some wind down time on the patio without worrying about waking her. I've done the online check in with our request and our TA has also called and put in a request (along with a request for a mini crib).

We ate at the Wave on our last trip, and we loved it! A great selection on the buffet for many different interests. Because it was so quiet in there, the buffet didn't seem as picked over as some busy buffets can be. I have celiac and have to eat gluten free, and I was given very good treatment. If you like tropical fruit and coconut, have the tropical fruit cocktail salad. I have been looking for a copycat recipe! Also, we went as a walk up (no ADR), and we were seated right away.

We ate at the Wave on our last trip, and we loved it! A great selection on the buffet for many different interests. Because it was so quiet in there, the buffet didn't seem as picked over as some busy buffets can be. I have celiac and have to eat gluten free, and I was given very good treatment. If you like tropical fruit and coconut, have the tropical fruit cocktail salad. I have been looking for a copycat recipe! Also, we went as a walk up (no ADR), and we were seated right away.
I am hoping we can walk up for dinner on our arrival night. If not we will eat at Contempo Cafe.

Please add my daughter and I. June 9-12, currently garden wing room (first time in over 10 years) unless TPV opens up

Fun! We spent a few nights there a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed it there! Hope you have a great trip.
Thanks, GADisneyDad14!!
We've stayed Atrium CL before, but this will be our first Tower CL stay. I keep wondering if we'll miss being able to open our room door and look out over the atrium to see the monorail...but I'm hoping everything will be so awesome on 14 that it won't matter! :flower1:

Thanks, GADisneyDad14!!
We've stayed Atrium CL before, but this will be our first Tower CL stay. I keep wondering if we'll miss being able to open our room door and look out over the atrium to see the monorail...but I'm hoping everything will be so awesome on 14 that it won't matter! :flower1:

It was our first Tower Club experience as well. Just one person's opinion, but I didn't miss looking down over the Atrium AT ALL! Tower Club has perhaps spoiled me for life when it comes to CLs.

I posted a bunch of pics over on the CL thread, I can post the link if interested.

It was our first Tower Club experience as well. Just one person's opinion, but I didn't miss looking down over the Atrium AT ALL! Tower Club has perhaps spoiled me for life when it comes to CLs.

I posted a bunch of pics over on the CL thread, I can post the link if interested.
Thanks for doing that...I was just looking at your pictures! I think the Tower Club will do just fine! :dancer:

Tower Club is great! We had a 1 bedroom with living dining area. Upgrade from Atrium Club. We had three balconies overlooking the MK, totally spoiled our girls, from then on it was "are we getting a suite?" every time :D

Any experience watching Fireworks in the sky from Contemporary club lounge? Trying to decide if we should go to MK July 3rd to watch or if you see enough from the club lounge?

Any experience watching Fireworks in the sky from Contemporary club lounge? Trying to decide if we should go to MK July 3rd to watch or if you see enough from the club lounge?

I don't have any experience watching the special July 3/4th fireworks from the lounge, but that's what I'd do if I were there then. Remember for those shows they also shoot off fireworks that mirror the main MK launch site from that island in the middle of the 7 Seas Lagoon. Literally right in front of you.

The only concern I would have is balcony space/crowding. Hopefully somebody who has been there for those special shows can report on their experience.

Anyone know procedure and cost for having family in town come to Park and visit you at your resort room? They won't have park tickets so we just wanted to hang out in resort room

Anyone know procedure and cost for having family in town come to Park and visit you at your resort room? They won't have park tickets so we just wanted to hang out in resort room
They'll just need to let the parking attendant know they are visiting a resort guest, and provide your name. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter