Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Considering renting points for a BLT stay in Dec. Having never stayed there before, I was wondering how bad a standard view room is? I don't need to see MK or the fireworks from my room, but I was wondering if there were other places on the grounds with great views.

Considering renting points for a BLT stay in Dec. Having never stayed there before, I was wondering how bad a standard view room is? I don't need to see MK or the fireworks from my room, but I was wondering if there were other places on the grounds with great views.
Unfortunately, you are probably too late to book a standard view at BLT for December by renting points. You most likely would have been too late in February. Most of December is a very popular time for DVC members and standard view books up first because it requires fewer points than lake view or theme park view. The standard view is the lower five floors of BLT.

Yes, every category of BLT studio for December is already heavily booked. If you are going through a broker you may want to talk to them right away about options.

To answer your questions, for non-DVC members there is the viewing area on the 4th floor of the Contemporary and also the walkway between the Contemporary and BLT. The Top of the World Lounge is for DVC members only so even if you are staying there it is not an option.

Actually the hallways do. There are large windows facing the pool to see pool and lake and even EWP. Then at the elevators there are several large windows with seating. There is no restriction as to what floor to go to (except top for TOW) so go up and enjoy.

BLT bed were too soft - right now have a BIG problem with the pillows - they are so darn soft they try to smother you. I like a harder bed so for me OKW has the best beds - that say LOVE walking to the MK. that wins for me every time.

Question about MK view rooms.

CAn anyone share which view they think is better between CR MK view rooms and BLT MK view rooms? Curious if the position of BLT skews the view of the castle and fireworks.

We have reservations for CR MK view and have stayed here previously, but yesterday, a 2 bedroom MK view at BLT popped up and we put a hold on it cause there will be 5 adults and 2 kids and we had really hoped to stay all in one place.

Hi everyone, great thread, thanks for all the information and tips. We are planning our first stay at CR this fall. This resort was never on my must do list, but it looks like the best fit for my family this trip and I'm looking forward to it. We are booked in TPV and I am really looking forward to a balcony and windows I can leave open, also no one will be walking by and looking in. :-) We have been staying at Pop the last few trips. The only way to get some fresh air in the room there is to prop your room door open and watch all your neighbors walk by and look at you funny. :-).

Couple questions, the atrium, not sure what to call it, but the center of the building, can get very noisy. Do you hear any of that noise in the room? Also, does anyone have problems with the height? I'm not a big fan of being up high. I was thinking of requesting a lower floor. But I don't know how that effects the view? If we are paying for Theme park view, I don't want to mess that up by making a bad request. Thanks!

I'm about a quarter way through the thread and I'm taking notes. Thanks all.

I have stayed there many times. I am not a fan of heights, but the angled side of the hotel makes that go away for me. We were on the 11th floor in March, and I had no problems. I am also on the balcony more than anyone else in my family. Probably more than anyone else in the hotel - you hardly ever see people on their balconies.

The open areas are loud, but you don't hear that when you are in your room. You will hear a loud neighbor through the connecting door - if you happen to get a loud neighbor. We found that the number of loud neighbors dropped significantly when we ditched Moderates and started staying in Deluxes. If you are on the floor right above the monorail, you can feel some vibration from that. Also - some noise - but only if you are not making any noise yourself and the train is running.

The view is better up higher - but the only problem we have had with view is when we were on the lower floors on the end of the building closest to the Garden Wing. Apparently, the laundry is right below that and you get a decent amount of steam coming up from it (this may only happen in the winter - that's when we had the problem). Steam may not seem like much - but when you pay that much for a view, it's a big deal. We complained - but there were no other rooms available - marathon week - so they knocked an additional 20% off of our already discounted room.

Hi everyone, great thread, thanks for all the information and tips. We are planning our first stay at CR this fall. This resort was never on my must do list, but it looks like the best fit for my family this trip and I'm looking forward to it. We are booked in TPV and I am really looking forward to a balcony and windows I can leave open, also no one will be walking by and looking in. :-) We have been staying at Pop the last few trips. The only way to get some fresh air in the room there is to prop your room door open and watch all your neighbors walk by and look at you funny. :-).

Couple questions, the atrium, not sure what to call it, but the center of the building, can get very noisy. Do you hear any of that noise in the room? Also, does anyone have problems with the height? I'm not a big fan of being up high. I was thinking of requesting a lower floor. But I don't know how that effects the view? If we are paying for Theme park view, I don't want to mess that up by making a bad request. Thanks!

I'm about a quarter way through the thread and I'm taking notes. Thanks all.

The Grand Canyon Concourse can get rather noisy with the Contempo Cafe and Chef Mickey open for 3 meals during heavy meal times. If you are the type to come back for a mid day break, nap, swim, rest what have you-requesting a higher floor not near the elevator or above Fantasia Market or BV Gifts may give you a more quiet space. At night there may be noise from Chef Mickey and people traveling to and fro, but I don't think it goes on all hours of the night. Unfortunately, there will be guests that make noise in the hallways or in the next room, it is an exciting place, but we always try to keep our voices down in the am or late pm when others may be sleeping or resting.

However, if you think heights will be a problem out on the balcony, you will have to trade off and take a lower floor.

Do remember any requests are not guaranteed. Disney does their best to accommodate, but if something is not available there aren't a lot of options.

I have stayed there many times. I am not a fan of heights, but the angled side of the hotel makes that go away for me. We were on the 11th floor in March, and I had no problems. I am also on the balcony more than anyone else in my family. Probably more than anyone else in the hotel - you hardly ever see people on their balconies.

The open areas are loud, but you don't hear that when you are in your room. You will hear a loud neighbor through the connecting door - if you happen to get a loud neighbor. We found that the number of loud neighbors dropped significantly when we ditched Moderates and started staying in Deluxes. If you are on the floor right above the monorail, you can feel some vibration from that. Also - some noise - but only if you are not making any noise yourself and the train is running.

The view is better up higher - but the only problem we have had with view is when we were on the lower floors on the end of the building closest to the Garden Wing. Apparently, the laundry is right below that and you get a decent amount of steam coming up from it (this may only happen in the winter - that's when we had the problem). Steam may not seem like much - but when you pay that much for a view, it's a big deal. We complained - but there were no other rooms available - marathon week - so they knocked an additional 20% off of our already discounted room.

Thank you, I was wondering if the angled sides helped with the height feel. That's great to hear. Thank you!

The Grand Canyon Concourse can get rather noisy with the Contempo Cafe and Chef Mickey open for 3 meals during heavy meal times. If you are the type to come back for a mid day break, nap, swim, rest what have you-requesting a higher floor not near the elevator or above Fantasia Market or BV Gifts may give you a more quiet space. At night there may be noise from Chef Mickey and people traveling to and fro, but I don't think it goes on all hours of the night. Unfortunately, there will be guests that make noise in the hallways or in the next room, it is an exciting place, but we always try to keep our voices down in the am or late pm when others may be sleeping or resting.

However, if you think heights will be a problem out on the balcony, you will have to trade off and take a lower floor.

Do remember any requests are not guaranteed. Disney does their best to accommodate, but if something is not available there aren't a lot of options.

Thanks, very helpful. I'm not familiar with the CR layout, so that gives me some reference points. I have had luck in the past requesting "quiet area", maybe I'll try that too.

Has the yoga on the lawn started yet? Anyone give it a try or planning on it? I think I will try it out in June if it is still offered.

Can anyone tell me if they have pomegranate lemonade at CR refill stations? My daughter and I love that stuff.

Is theme park tower at contemporary always excluded from discounts? We are going end of September and although free dining and the enchanted room discount are offered for our dates, it's not for our room category.

Also, is there usually another fall promo that comes out over the summer for September dates?

No - it is not always excluded. My last two visits (December 16 and March 17) were in the tower facing the park. Those both had AP discounts. I have a reservation for the theme park view in May - it also has the AP discount. When we were there during marathon weekend (I think that was January 16), we also had a discount - but I can't remember what type it was. I know that one wasn't AP because I didn't have an AP that year.

Question about MK view rooms.

CAn anyone share which view they think is better between CR MK view rooms and BLT MK view rooms? Curious if the position of BLT skews the view of the castle and fireworks.

We have reservations for CR MK view and have stayed here previously, but yesterday, a 2 bedroom MK view at BLT popped up and we put a hold on it cause there will be 5 adults and 2 kids and we had really hoped to stay all in one place.

The position of BLT isn't that much further skewed than the CR for fireworks - both are pretty off to the side. BLT is fun because you can watch the monorail, CR has a better view of 7 seas lagoon and the boats. I'd give a slight pref to CR, but we didn't spend much time in the BLT room (one night trip and we were upgraded from lake view, so we hadn't anticipated the MK view when we were planning).

CR, 10th floor :
20160626-IMG_0406-Edit.jpg

BLT, 10th or 11th floor :
20170403-IMG_6019-Edit.jpg

We have a breakfast ressie at The Wave- is it similar to the buffet at the GF character breakfast?
We did that one a looooong time ago and enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter