Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

We are staying in a garden wing room next month, and have a couple questions:
1-We requested ground floor/ balcony during online check in. I know the garden wing doesn't have balconies, so do you think the request emphasizes we really want a separate outdoor space? It's noted on our reservation that we would like to have a patio as well. Would you change our online check in request to anything else or leave it? We really don't care about room location as long as it's ground floor. Any other tips to getting a ground floor room?

2- where is the best place to watch wishes? I was thinking the 4th floor observation area, but I remember reading about the monorail progressive meal that would close that area down some nights? Is there another good place where music is piped in?

Thanks!

I booked a Garden Wing room as well for our trip in May. I am wanting ground floor for the patio also. I will be watching for any replies :)

cabana question at BLT pool. is this available? If so does availabilty go quick? Also would you find it odd if a party of 1 booked one? I am thinking of doing this in October on my solo trip. I am thinking of doing a pool day/afternoon.

cabana question at BLT pool. is this available? If so does availabilty go quick? Also would you find it odd if a party of 1 booked one? I am thinking of doing this in October on my solo trip. I am thinking of doing a pool day/afternoon.
I was chatting with another dis'er that was going to be at gf when I was at bc. She booked one for herself on a day her DH had to work.

I popped over to meet/say hello. She really enjoyed it. She liked having her privacy and was glad she booked it.

Just popping in to say we had an amazing stay at Bay Lake Tower! I think we're going to stay there again next year!

We were in the one bedroom standard view suite. The suite was gorgeous - beautifully decorated and the theming was subtle but lovely. My kids LOVED the slide at the pool even though we had a bit of a chilly week. And being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom was so nice. No buses or monorail to wait for!

At first we thought we'd want to try a different resort each year, but it would be really tough to beat our experience at BLT!

We pretty much only stay at BLT, though in the themepark view. Convince is key for us. Monorail, walking to Magic Kingdom, and fireworks at night.

No, it's for BLT guests only. But I believe the reverse is true (BLT guests can use the CR pool).
Correct the Bay Lake Pool is for Bay Lake guests only. The Contemporary pool is for use by guests of both Bay Lake and Contemporary.

Bay Lake Tower Pool does not have cabanas. They are available at the contemporary pool. If you want to do it, nothing stopping you. A nice shaded area, some snacks, what isn't to like!

Are there towels and life jackets available by the BLT pool? I see that there are life jackets by the CR pool, but don't see any mention of towels in the posts about either pool.

Are there towels and life jackets available by the BLT pool? I see that there are life jackets by the CR pool, but don't see any mention of towels in the posts about either pool.
There were both towels and life jackets at the BLT pool in November.

Reactions: Ava

Are there any notable restaurants in the Bay Lake Towers part of the Contemporary that are worth making a reservation for?

There are zero restaurants in Bay Lake Tower, notable or otherwise. There is only the Top of the World lounge which is exclusive to DVC members only.

Are there any notable restaurants in the Bay Lake Towers part of the Contemporary that are worth making a reservation for?
No, all of the restaurants are in the main tower building. There is the Top of the World lounge at BLT but its only for DVC members.

Yes on the fridge. However.... It is in cabinet. That keeps all of the heat from the exhaust right next to the fridge. We have never had one (and we have stayed there many times) that keep things cool enough to meet our food safety requirements. So - it's okay for water and cokes. Leftovers, milk, meats, cheeses - I would not use it. You can put small things in the freezer section. That's where I keep my cokes.

Staying in a garden wing room in March.
Are the coffee makers still the Cuisinart brand with the pods? We drink a lot of coffee, so I'd need to try to find some pods if that is what's in the rooms.TIA!

Staying in a garden wing room in March.
Are the coffee makers still the Cuisinart brand with the pods? We drink a lot of coffee, so I'd need to try to find some pods if that is what's in the rooms.TIA!
I use 2 pods and bottled water per cup to get a decent cup. You can ring housekeeping from the phone or ask a maid in the hall for more coffee.

I also prefer to grab some creamers from whatever QS restaurant we go to and leave in the frig too.

I didn't see this in the transportation info at the beginning of the thread. We've stayed in the Contemporary before, but never BLT. Does the Magical Express bus drop all Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower guests off at the Contemporary? If so, I imagine we can check in there and head over to BLT after?

I didn't see this in the transportation info at the beginning of the thread. We've stayed in the Contemporary before, but never BLT. Does the Magical Express bus drop all Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower guests off at the Contemporary? If so, I imagine we can check in there and head over to BLT after?
DME drops everyone off at the Contemporary. The check in location at BLT is pretty small, so you usually have better luck checking in at the Contemporary. And then walk over to BLT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter