Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Yes! That annoyed me as well. We needed to be prepared to drink up when asking for beer at BC because it was always delivered opened. I don’t understand why the procedures aren’t the same across all CLs. That’s the only one I’ve stayed at that insisted upon opening the drinks.
AKL always gave us opened beers only.
BC/YC always served alcohol, no self service. It's why I won't stay there again. I hate that. Annoys the ever loving crud out of me to stand in line or have to go ask someone to serve me what I can get for myself right across the lake.
I too do not understand the difference in policy

I was handed an entire bottle of wine just last month, to take to my room, by the CL manager herself.
And we were given a 6 pack of beer, in our room
So that is not the norm nor been my experience on many visits to BWI in the past 6 years.
I always take multiple beers to the pool in a bag without their saying a single word.
This is one of the reasons we stay BWI, they are one that does not open beer before leaving the lounge.
The lounge was very empty this trip (although it wasn’t on the pre-Covid trip), and there were a lot of young CMs along with some of the regulars (Lorenzo), so maybe it was easier to see what people were doing. I should also say the man who was stopped this time had enjoyed quite a few before he tried to leave with his haul, so that could have had something to do with it. Literally every time I saw this man in the BW - not just on the CL, he was carrying a bottle of beer.

Yes! That annoyed me as well. We needed to be prepared to drink up when asking for beer at BC because it was always delivered opened. I don’t understand why the procedures aren’t the same across all CLs. That’s the only one I’ve stayed at that insisted upon opening the drinks.

The lounge was very empty this trip (although it wasn’t on the pre-Covid trip), and there were a lot of young CMs along with some of the regulars (Lorenzo), so maybe it was easier to see what people were doing. I should also say the man who was stopped this time had enjoyed quite a few before he tried to leave with his haul, so that could have had something to do with it. Literally every time I saw this man in the BW - not just on the CL, he was carrying a bottle of beer.
It's one of the reasons I will never stay BC CL again. So annoying. Maybe I want one in 15 minutes on my balcony. We like to drink on the balcony so it's annoying walking back and forth for a beer.

I can tell you 100% that it was related to controlling his overconsumption if they felt he was getting too drunk. I've had a conversation with Lene about just that exact guest issue

Got a pre arrival call from a very nice lady named Brittany at the Boardwalk Inn CL for my stay next week! First time ever at Boardwalk and she was super kind about answering my dumb questions! She even said I could text questions to the number she called from. Very, very excited and had to share! Will take pictures and try to share when I’m there!
Brittany is a sweetheart! Wait until you meet her. You are going to have a wonderful trip.

Just booked a standard cl room at boardwalk. I've never stayed club level before and am very excited! For those rooms what kind of view can I put a request for? Do they have any boardwalk views?
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/191/building?commit=Show+Matching+Rooms+»&filters[accessibility]=any&filters[balcony]=&filters[connect]=&filters[floors]=any&filters[lobby_distance]=any&filters[rack_rate]=any&filters[rate_date]=08/11/2022&filters[sound]=any&filters[transportation_distance]=any&filters[ug]=&filters[view]=317&rooms=1

You can put in the room type to see the views for ex Std/Club Level/2 Queen beds (btw choose the room category that has the daybed as there are many more of those rooms rather than just 2 Queen Beds category) There are not pictures for every room # but they will substitute a similar location if there isn't. You can also change floor level to see additional rooms/views.

Deluxe room will guarantee you a BW view but there are a few std rooms that have this view as well, see site. They will sometimes have notations on what to request, below the room view picture, for ex TO REQUEST THIS ROOM, PROVIDE DISNEY WITH THE FOLLOWING TEXT:
BoardWalk Inn,Flr 4,NW-facing room.Exmple:4235,4237,4241,3235,3237,3239,3241

Last edited:
Stopping in to give some thoughts on BC CL!

We stayed there July 31-Aug. 6. I posted some photos, mostly of menus. They seemed to be on a 3 day rotation with the menus.

When we arrived, I could tell our room wasn’t ready via the app, so we went to the lounge (I think it was around 1 PM). No cast member anywhere in the resort acknowledged our arrival. After some snacks, we went to the resort gift shop to buy MB+. We were heading back to the lounge, but our MBs didn’t work in the elevator (they had upon arrival, so I’m not sure what happened). We got the issue taken care of pretty quickly at the front desk. Our room was ready around 2:30. We went in, got settled for a bit, and headed to Epcot for the afternoon/evening.

I mentioned early in my trip that I was disappointed in the afternoon snacks and evening desserts. Not a lot of options during these times.

The breakfast offerings were good, but the evening appetizers is where they really shined. We made a meal out of the appetizers most nights we were there. Everything was delicious.

The ice cream fridge was a favorite of my 6 year old son. We were also able to get bottles of water upon request, as many as we wanted. In addition, the CMs were happy to fill water bottles with ice water.

The CMs were generally pleasant, but not overly friendly. There was one in particular who was fantastic though…I cannot for the life of me remember his name, but he is a young black man and was in training. He said he’d be at Yacht this week and not sure after that. He was going around one night asking everyone their favorite Disney character. He was really friendly and chatty, and got us anything we needed when we asked. So if you encounter someone matching that description, you’re in good hands!

We were in room 5630, which was a garden view room facing toward Epcot. We could see the fireworks from our balcony. This was a nice surprise, I didn’t do any research…I requested a room close to the lounge and that’s what I got!

All in all, we had a good experience and I wouldn’t hesitate to return. My son wants to stay at Yacht though because “it’s closer to the arcade.” That’s why I go to Disney, of course. To play video games. It was a nice option on a rainy afternoon though!

If you have any BC questions, please feel free to reach out!

AFDABD90-B03D-492E-B79A-92567F5D785F.jpeg

Yep. Well, at least at Innkeeper’s. A few years ago they stopped a gentleman walking out with four beers and said it wasn’t meant to stock your room fridge. On Monday, there was another man who walked out with three beers, and they allowed it but told him it was preferred to only take one or two to enjoy outside the lounge. I was going to take two back to the room, so I put one in my backpack and carried the other just to be safe 😉, but my son walked out with two and no one said anything. I guess two per person is the magic number.
For a Disney Cast Member to comment that it is not meant to stock your room, HOW RUDE! I do not feel that is acceptable at all! As we all discussed earlier, the food balances out amongst guests, and so does the alcohol…we don’t even drink! Take my beer people, enjoy it!! I am just one of those weirdos that doesn’t enjoy the flavor of alcohol any longer……to seriously say something to those of us paying exorbitant rates (some of us pay rack rate) I don’t really think 3 beers is over the top.

Edit: after reading further I see there was a question of overconsumption, regardless, address this in private, send the manager to the room for the discussion. Don’t call someone out in public like that, at Disney!

You guys, after all my obsessing, we leave tomorrow. Our flight isn't until 4pm. Finally got AC yesterday and the laundry dash is on. No one has packed a thing for this trip. I did Instacart a case of water though. Just loaded up my car, we head to my son's future college now to set up his room. 😔😳 by the time we get back we may not be in the mood to pack. So glad we have this trip before he leaves me😭 I miss him already.

You guys, after all my obsessing, we leave tomorrow. Our flight isn't until 4pm. Finally got AC yesterday and the laundry dash is on. No one has packed a thing for this trip. I did Instacart a case of water though. Just loaded up my car, we head to my son's future college now to set up his room. 😔😳 by the time we get back we may not be in the mood to pack. So glad we have this trip before he leaves me😭 I miss him already.
With both of my kids’ more flexible college schedules, we’ve taken far more shorter trips to Disney than we were able to when they were in HS. Don’t despair; it might be a bonus! One year my son’s last class for the week was an 8am on Thursday, and he didn’t have class again until Monday at 1:00. If he had no projects or exams coming up, we met up in WDW!

Do you remember some of the evening apps? Considering moving to BWI from YC for our trip but want to make sure we’d like the food. Thanks!
I’m pretty sure there are pics somewhere in this thread - not by me, I’m terrible at remembering to take pics! They always have bread and butter, crudités, 3 types cubed cheese and feta in pesto, some sliced meats, hummus, and two types of salads - one with veggies and one grain-based. I’m sure there are a few more items on the cold side. For hot dishes, we had shrimp scampi (which was event, but they could not keep this warm for some reason, lukewarm shrimp scampi just doesn’t do it for me), pork loin with balsamic glaze, salmon. There was always a vegetarian option, generally mushroom based - not a mushroom fan, and there was always a pasta - one day flavorless Mac and cheese, one day a surprisingly tasty chicken Alfredo, and an impossible meat goulash that was decent.

I’m pretty sure there are pics somewhere in this thread - not by me, I’m terrible at remembering to take pics! They always have bread and butter, crudités, 3 types cubed cheese and feta in pesto, some sliced meats, hummus, and two types of salads - one with veggies and one grain-based. I’m sure there are a few more items on the cold side. For hot dishes, we had shrimp scampi (which was event, but they could not keep this warm for some reason, lukewarm shrimp scampi just doesn’t do it for me), pork loin with balsamic glaze, salmon. There was always a vegetarian option, generally mushroom based - not a mushroom fan, and there was always a pasta - one day flavorless Mac and cheese, one day a surprisingly tasty chicken Alfredo, and an impossible meat goulash that was decent.

Thanks! Appreciate the info. None of the hot dishes sound like anything my DH would eat. Probably need to stick with YC that we know & love, lol

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter