Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Not Club Level related but I know many here have stayed at both of the hotels concerned so I hope you’ll forgive the off topicness.
Which pools do people prefer, those at the Grand Floridian or those at the Polynesian? For context, we’re two adults (no kids) and key for us is: not too crowded (I appreciate that’ll depend on the time of day) and loungers to read on (ideally with the option for some shade). A good pool bar with some lunch options would be an added bonus but isn’t vital.
I've stayed at both and feel like the pool(s) at Poly get way more crowded than the ones at GF. While I do love the theme of the Poly pools, and enjoy the resort theme much more overall, GF pools are just overall much less crowded. Both have bars right there though, but I think GF has that more convenient as well (from what I've experienced, but that might be due to size and crowds as well).

It was great getting to see you again and meeting your beautiful DD! I hope you both enjoyed the Christmas party! Hope we get to meet DH in a couple weeks! 🙂 Enjoy the rest of your trip!
She was happy to meet you all too! Thanks!

Looks like bwi cl now 12/29-1/2. He loves gf but with a busy week golfing cl will be better.
Hope to see you again soon!

Last edited:

Anyone else looking forward to Thursday with Gran Destino and WL CL’s opening?!?

I’m so anxious to hear about GD CL, since we will be there in a couple of weeks! Curious about the food selection. Hoping for at least chicken fingers lol
Yes! Going the end of Jan so I am hoping those that will be there before will give a review.
Very curious about the food selection....wonder if the theme of the hotel will influence the types of foods....and wine. lol.

Yes! Going the end of Jan so I am hoping those that will be there before will give a review.
Very curious about the food selection....wonder if the theme of the hotel will influence the types of foods....and wine. lol.

Very good point- the wine selection is definitely important. I’m a Moscato/Riesling girl, so I’m hoping at least one of them will be available. It’s definitely the little things! 😊

Anyone else looking forward to Thursday with Gran Destino and WL CL’s opening?!?

I’m so anxious to hear about GD CL, since we will be there in a couple of weeks! Curious about the food selection. Hoping for at least chicken fingers lol
Is the WL CL this Thursday or next Thursday? We will be there beginning on the 19th. This is a "dumb" question but we haven't driven to a resort before (always ME). Do you drive up and unload and then park? How is the parking fee handled? I just don't want to be caught off guard and I like to have my tip cash sorted and ready. Ugh I am excited but hitting the "oh crap we leave in a week" anxiety levels. I have "to do" lists everywhere. ☺

Is the WL CL this Thursday or next Thursday? We will be there beginning on the 19th. This is a "dumb" question but we haven't driven to a resort before (always ME). Do you drive up and unload and then park? How is the parking fee handled? I just don't want to be caught off guard and I like to have my tip cash sorted and ready. Ugh I am excited but hitting the "oh crap we leave in a week" anxiety levels. I have "to do" lists everywhere. ☺
When you drive up you'll approach a gate with a CM who will ask for the purpose of your visit. Just tell them you're checking in and they will get some info from you and let you through. You can choose to drive up for valet service otherwise you can just park and carry your bags up yourself. From my experience, the parking fee is handled upon checkout but I'm sure you could go to the front desk and pay it sooner. If you choose to use valet, definitely have cash for a tip

We are going to be in WL club level starting on the 16th. They misspelt our name which was a bit weird in the email (I would assume it would be transferred by the electronic system). They asked us if we had any special celebrations and I said yes - a birthday and whether they could do anything to celebrate it - and they said no - so my expectations are somewhat mixed right now.

We are going to be in WL club level starting on the 16th. They misspelt our name which was a bit weird in the email (I would assume it would be transferred by the electronic system). They asked us if we had any special celebrations and I said yes - a birthday and whether they could do anything to celebrate it - and they said no - so my expectations are somewhat mixed right now.
They said no? What was the point of asking you then? 🤔

That is so weird, it’s almost like “are you celebrating anything?”
“Actually yeah, a birthday!” “That’s nice, good for you”

Sometimes the CMs will ask about "celebrations" to notate the reservation, but also to put in a plug for Disney Floral and Gifts in case the guest would like to purchase one of their items.

It opens Dec. 16. I edited post to *next* Thursday. I’m a week ahead of myself. Sorry for any confusion.

I was thinking perhaps the old happy birthday badges might be on offer - but no. They did graciously share with me that I could buy a cupcake at the quick dining service.
If you are checking-in at the front desk, often times the CM will see the notation on your reservation and give you buttons at the counter. LOL, and yes, you can certainly go down to the quick service restaurant and purchase one of the cupcakes. It was nice of them to remind you of that option........

Just got a mailing today from signature services about our upcoming February trip. It says that they can book the VIP tour for us. Early posts mention I should call the tour number to book. Anyone do this recently and thoughts on best way to secure the VIP tour? Thanks

I’m now 12/29-12/31 bwi deluxe cl for lake view per dh request. Then 12/31-1/2 Gf rpc std. He has been to wdw at New Years and knows cl is great with the crowds👍🥰

Having dinner at Yachtsman for DD’s b-day. Maybe we can meet up. Text me when you get down.

Just got a mailing today from signature services about our upcoming February trip. It says that they can book the VIP tour for us. Early posts mention I should call the tour number to book. Anyone do this recently and thoughts on best way to secure the VIP tour? Thanks
Call at your 60 days, right when Signature Services opens at 9am est. I think you press 1 to bypass the recording - I haven’t called SS since Sept, so I can’t quite remember. You might check that before your 60 days because that step will get you in the queue (or directly to someone) much faster with a better shot to book a tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter