Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hi there,
We have booked a 2 bedroom suite at AKL club for. June 22 which states it has a Savannah View. I read somewhere that the 2 bedroom club rooms can also have a pool view and that they are randomly selected. Has anyone booked a Savannah club room and ended up with a pool view?

Many thanks.

Hi there,
We have booked a 2 bedroom suite at AKL club for. June 22 which states it has a Savannah View. I read somewhere that the 2 bedroom club rooms can also have a pool view and that they are randomly selected. Has anyone booked a Savannah club room and ended up with a pool view?

Many thanks.
I think you're comparing the DVC Club Level 2br rooms which are randomly assigned and could have a pool view or a savanna view with the hotel side's club level rooms and suites. If you're not booking a DVC room then have no worries, you will get that Savanna view.

Last edited:
They're moving the DVC Club folks to regular Savanna view Hotel Rooms. They're nice, but the kitchenette is reduced to a small fridge (no freezer) and a keurig style machine. No toaster, microwave, sink or counter space. I'm sure if the microwave is important something could be brought in, I'd ask the concierge folk for help since you are paying for the DVC setup even if through points.

Did the bathroom have a tub in it or was it just a shower?

A CL room at the Contemporary just became available for Dec. 28-31, so I grabbed it. But I am wondering if anyone can report about how the renovations are affecting the atrium CL experience. I've got a non-CL studio at the Poly booked at the same time and am not sure which res to keep. Thanks for any insight anyone can offer!

I just got the phone call that we’ve been moved for our upcoming trip in November. Is the room they moved you to another DVC studio (kitchenette, sofa bed, bath/shower combo) or is it regular room? My mom was just curious if she’d have her microwave to warm her hot tea up.:)
I don't know what they are doing with the studios but we had a 1 bedroom CL room and were moved to a 1 bedroom DVC villa on the 5th floor just passed the Royal Asante Suite. We had a terrific view of the Arusha Savanna. It was not far from the club.

A CL room at the Contemporary just became available for Dec. 28-31, so I grabbed it. But I am wondering if anyone can report about how the renovations are affecting the atrium CL experience. I've got a non-CL studio at the Poly booked at the same time and am not sure which res to keep. Thanks for any insight anyone can offer!

We were there around 10/1. There was still some punch list-like construction activity/crews around on the floor, but nothing over the top intrusive, IMO. At the time a few lower floors were still being renovated so you’d see crews around/hear some occasional noise. Not sure how much progress they’ve made over the last month.

Atrium Club had some mixed reviews amongst those of us that were there that weekend, but overall just speaking for me, we enjoyed the experience.

I just got the phone call that we’ve been moved for our upcoming trip in November. Is the room they moved you to another DVC studio (kitchenette, sofa bed, bath/shower combo) or is it regular room? My mom was just curious if she’d have her microwave to warm her hot tea up.:)

They're moving the DVC Club folks to regular Savanna view Hotel Rooms. They're nice, but the kitchenette is reduced to a small fridge (no freezer) and a keurig style machine. No toaster, microwave, sink or counter space. I'm sure if the microwave is important something could be brought in, I'd ask the concierge folk for help since you are paying for the DVC setup even if through points.

We may not be the norm but we were moved last week from a CL studio to a 1 bedroom savanna view, all DVC. We were not notified prior to check in which also seems to be not the norm. So maybe we just got lucky and they were out of studios/hotel rooms to move us to so we got bumped to a 1 bedroom? We still have no idea what happened, it was the most confusing check in I've ever had, in 50+ stays. There are still 2, 2 bedroom lock off units (so can be split into a 1 bedroom and studio) on the 6th floor that are being used. These will have a " pool" view, its actually 75% roof view.

Would y’all say CL is still worth it if nobody in your party drinks?

How many people in your party? Do you drink anything other than water? (Soda, milk, juice,, tea, coffee, lattes) Will you use the other food times? Breakfast, snacks, "dinner", desserts? Generally, if you use it, then yes. If you are rope droppers and stay til park close, no. Also depends on how many in your party and how much more is it vs no CL?

How many people in your party? Do you drink anything other than water? (Soda, milk, juice,, tea, coffee, lattes) Will you use the other food times? Breakfast, snacks, "dinner", desserts? Generally, if you use it, then yes. If you are rope droppers and stay til park close, no. Also depends on how many in your party and how much more is it vs no CL?
Gotcha, it’s a party of 6 - 2 adults and 4 kids. We’d probably use it for breakfast most days and possibly other meal times for 1 day, but I don’t know about other times. I’ll check the price differences closer to booking time and weigh the pros and cons. Thanks!

Gotcha, it’s a party of 6 - 2 adults and 4 kids. We’d probably use it for breakfast most days and possibly other meal times for 1 day, but I don’t know about other times. I’ll check the price differences closer to booking time and weigh the pros and cons. Thanks!
Keep in mind CL breakfast doesn’t start until 6:30/7am so if you’re the type to rope drop as early as possible that might negate breakfast.

Last edited:
I just found CSR cl for my January dates. I know from trying the currently open cl’s that some things are different so we wait and see. However both of my previous cl stays there I did the tower deluxe suite.

Only std cl room is available. Did we ever find out where these rooms are? Views?

It was $90 a night more than my CBR booking. That seems like a reasonable upcharge. IMO
CBR or GDT CL standard room for $90/night? I’d do it!

I was told they try to place CL guests higher up at GDT. I think I was placed around floor 9 or 10? It’s been a couple years! View of the parking lot, I recall seeing fireworks from EP and DHS off to the side. Basically they will be standard tower view rooms and they might be higher up than non-CL standard rooms.

On that trip I had booked a standard tower room first night and then a CL standard room for the rest of my trip. I requested the same room but they said if I was willing to move I’d have a higher room with a better view for the CL portion of my stay.

We may not be the norm but we were moved last week from a CL studio to a 1 bedroom savanna view, all DVC. We were not notified prior to check in which also seems to be not the norm. So maybe we just got lucky and they were out of studios/hotel rooms to move us to so we got bumped to a 1 bedroom? We still have no idea what happened, it was the most confusing check in I've ever had, in 50+ stays. There are still 2, 2 bedroom lock off units (so can be split into a 1 bedroom and studio) on the 6th floor that are being used. These will have a " pool" view, its actually 75% roof view.

Interesting that you got a DVC 1br unit.The member search tool was showing October as completely sold out.

Glad you got a good one and I hope Disney wraps up that construction soon.

Last edited:
Interesting finding this morning. We have BWI Deluxe CL booked for March '22 and I was checking rates on both WDW site and TA sites. Not one category of CL shows on the page at all. I tried numerous dates from this Nov to the following June and all the same. It just doesn't say unavailable, it doesn't even list them at all. I tried other deluxes and they all have CL listed. Construction or glitch?

My mom ended up calling and requesting a room with a bathtub. She admitted to the cast member that it was a silly request, to which he replied there are no silly requests, but this is the only time she's able to enjoy a bath since she only has a shower at her house. He said he would note the request on our reservation, but to also tell the CM checking us in that day. It would be amazing if we were actually upgraded to a 1 bedroom, but I'm not holding my breath for that one.

Interesting finding this morning. We have BWI Deluxe CL booked for March '22 and I was checking rates on both WDW site and TA sites. Not one category of CL shows on the page at all. I tried numerous dates from this Nov to the following June and all the same. It just doesn't say unavailable, it doesn't even list them at all. I tried other deluxes and they all have CL listed. Construction or glitch?
I was up in the night and noticed CR didn't have ANY cl rooms or suites showing. GF only had cl rooms but no outer building rooms or suites. WL had no rooms at all. Disney IT must be doing something lol. It was just weird.

Just checked GF and they are back. Not sure what they were working on???

Last edited:
I kinda think it's a glitch. We're going first week of December, 2021, BWI Deluxe CL. For grins, I pulled up our week and you're right, it's not showing CL rooms at all. I also see more rooms in different deluxe resorts available for that same week whereas they've been pretty non existent for many weeks now. So...either they've opened up more rooms and/or there is a glitch. Hoping it's a glitch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter