Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

The 5th floor has seating and quiet. I just pop up the stairs but you can use the elevator if needed. Views are better up there! Amazing!
It’s a bummer about the mid-day stuff, in all seriousness. I was so looking forward to that. This looks lovely, but not the famed RPC of vlogs past. I’ll keep stalking, but I have serious doubts I’ll get the nights I want at CR CL for my stay. And truth is, the potential for crowding in that lounge and elsewhere in the resort during D23 still makes me nervous. I may just keep my RPC, whine over the $, and consider it a one and done.

Breakfast report
Standard fare
Cereals, fruit, meats and cheeses
Hard boiled eggs and pastries
There is a table with toasters
There is also 2 hot entries
A egg roll up and a blintze
Standard coffee tea orange and apple juice

On a side note. I’ve only stayed here once before back in 2018 so don’t really know these cast members. They do have quite a few running around helping and clearing tables. I’ve seen 2 or three ‘suit’ watching over things

not like I remember but we’ll keep our thanksgiving/birthday trip since Yacht Club CL probably won’t be open til next year 😢
8BE3F3A3-4D4C-4D4D-BF74-4F90D22A2D46.jpeg780EE0F2-134A-4841-8512-3D46D22854E5.jpeg61C822F7-2A0C-4D66-B416-CF190B6FE17B.jpeg

I may just keep my RPC, whine over the $, and consider it a one and done.
It's not whining, it's being concerned for your hard-earned money.

They have raised prices extortionately on everything and they are trying to cut down on experiences at the same time. Maybe they think it's better to rip off the bandaid quickly, but it just makes it more obivous how much we are spending and for what.

I think everyone is being quite reserved and civil about the prices! I have other words I could use, and use well! pirate:

I still cannot understand why they can’t just put them out for lunch?! It would be perfect! Seems backwards to me. Always one of my biggest gripes with CL.
They probably don’t want to encourage people to just stay at the hotel and eat all day. With no midday food you will go to the parks and have a meal thus spending money.
We usually plan lunch when we stay CL and eat in the lounge the rest of our meals because of this otherwise we would just hang at the hotel all day

Do you see any of the old CM in the lounge? Lauretta? Abdul? Wondering if Dan and Meeja are back on the 3rd floor desks? Thank you for taking the time to report in.
Patty said Lauretta retired. I saw Dan at check in back earler this year. Assume he get moved back.

Abdul was working at AKL Cl but he used to do nights at GF, especially on the weekends so maybe he there tonight?

They probably don’t want to encourage people to just stay at the hotel and eat all day. With no midday food you will go to the parks and have a meal thus spending money.
We usually plan lunch when we stay CL and eat in the lounge the rest of our meals because of this otherwise we would just hang at the hotel all day

Yeah, I get it… but cold cuts for breakfast is still so odd to me. Why not put out waffles, some kind of bacon/sausage and/or scrambled eggs instead? lol Sorry, I’m whiny today. 😒

They have raised prices extortionately on everything and they are trying to cut down on experiences at the same time. Maybe they think it's better to rip off the bandaid quickly, but it just makes it more obivous how much we are spending and for what.

I think everyone is being quite reserved and civil about the prices! I have other words I could use, and use well! pirate:
I know what you mean
I called signature services about having them make reservations for the fireworks dessert party on thanksgiving for my birthday. She told me I should just do it online myself. With everything going online I see no benefit to the extra costs

will definitely be rethinking club level after our Thanksgiving stay

Hi All! I've been quite absent from this tread for a long while (darn covid!)

Anyway, my CM DH just booked us a room for the beginning of March at the Contemporary. As you may know, when CMs book rooms they do it on the old Disney reservation system which isn't always perfectly updated.

The room he selected is a King Room - Tower Club

In the initial room description is said this room category has a TPV. But, in the confirmation we got there is no mention of view category. From my ancient recollection of reading this thread, I think there are only 2 king rooms on Tower Club level and they both face the MK? Can someone confirm? I also recollect that the rooms are a bit smaller? Are they still OK sized? Does anyone have any pictures?

Contemporary is one of the few CLs we haven't tried yet so we are super excited! I'd love to hear your thoughts on Tower Club and the Tower Club rooms (even though Covid may have changed some of those experiences going forward.)

Thanks!!

OK, so - don't get me wrong, this looks lovely, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it (and eat my weight in chocolate pots de creme) but.........I don't see that it's that much different from what we had at YC or BC or Poly, other than the space, which lends itself to an actual wine-pouring area and at least one apparently dedicated CM for that purpose, right?

We're booked at BWI next Nov in a deluxe club room and paying less for a package (room plus tickets) there than for the room only this Nov. And I can afford it, but I mean, come on - I have traveled a lot of places, and I recognize the pricing here is just silly. The big deal about RPC is supposed to be the entertainment - and the fact that you're rarely going to show up at the club lounge to find a lonely bowl of pretzels. The orchestra thing, fine - at least there's a piano player now. But I'm not sure I understand how they can justify the silliness with the food reduced, the comments about DSS saying "book it yourself" - even to me. I'm the first one to address Disney inconveniences using the "throw money at it" approach. When it gets to a point that I'm getting a little bent out of shape about it, that's really saying something.

OK, extended whine over. I'm so grateful to those of you posting while you're there. I hope you all have a wonderful time!

Hi All! I've been quite absent from this tread for a long while (darn covid!)

Anyway, my CM DH just booked us a room for the beginning of March at the Contemporary. As you may know, when CMs book rooms they do it on the old Disney reservation system which isn't always perfectly updated.

The room he selected is a King Room - Tower Club

In the initial room description is said this room category has a TPV. But, in the confirmation we got there is no mention of view category. From my ancient recollection of reading this thread, I think there are only 2 king rooms on Tower Club level and they both face the MK? Can someone confirm? I also recollect that the rooms are a bit smaller? Are they still OK sized? Does anyone have any pictures?

Contemporary is one of the few CLs we haven't tried yet so we are super excited! I'd love to hear your thoughts on Tower Club and the Tower Club rooms (even though Covid may have changed some of those experiences going forward.)

Thanks!!

Hi there. You are correct, there are only two King rooms on the 14th Floor, both just to to the “right” of the lounge if facing the lounge/MK/Seven Seas Lagoon side of the building. Both are TPV. I have not personally stayed in these rooms myself, but pre-renovation they got mixed reviews as I think one (or maybe both?) has accessible features that makes the bathroom layout a bit odd, they don’t have a couch/daybed, and are overall smaller in size (but massive balconies, consistent with all the rooms on the 14th floor).

However, this was pre-renovation so we’ll need to wait until reopening to see if there have been any major changes, good or bad.

I am a fan of both CR CLs. All have pros/cons of course, but I rate CR as a solid upper to middle of the road CL. The CMs there have always been really warm/genuinely caring, in my experience. Tower Club is a special treat given how that floor is unique and has a bit nicer vibe. If the larger suites happen to be packed with groups that could lead to a bigger crew in the lounge, but it could also easily be totally empty too - so a nice chill vibe… in my opinion.

I wouldn’t let the allure/mystique of Tower Club get too out of control in your expectations - it’s still just a CL like everywhere else after all - but it’s a nice spot, IMO.

Offerings have never been ‘blow you away’ in scale/substance, but just nice light bites, decent beverage selection. With two quality (in my opinion) restaurants on site that tends to influence things.

We were on the Tower Club floor earlier this year and it was so sad/quiet without CL open - can’t wait for that to change.

I am VERY curious to see how the Incredibles theme renovation is used for the Tower Club rooms/suites. If it’s like Poly/Tonga Suites, they used a lot of the Moana influences but the suites have an overall different/more upscale style than the regular resort rooms (but still fun/whimsical). I’m going to guess that the Tower Club rooms may be the same. Some influences from the regular rooms, but maybe a different execution.

Happy to answer any questions.

OK, so - don't get me wrong, this looks lovely, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it (and eat my weight in chocolate pots de creme) but.........I don't see that it's that much different from what we had at YC or BC or Poly, other than the space, which lends itself to an actual wine-pouring area and at least one apparently dedicated CM for that purpose, right?

We're booked at BWI next Nov in a deluxe club room and paying less for a package (room plus tickets) there than for the room only this Nov. And I can afford it, but I mean, come on - I have traveled a lot of places, and I recognize the pricing here is just silly. The big deal about RPC is supposed to be the entertainment - and the fact that you're rarely going to show up at the club lounge to find a lonely bowl of pretzels. The orchestra thing, fine - at least there's a piano player now. But I'm not sure I understand how they can justify the silliness with the food reduced, the comments about DSS saying "book it yourself" - even to me. I'm the first one to address Disney inconveniences using the "throw money at it" approach. When it gets to a point that I'm getting a little bent out of shape about it, that's really saying something.

OK, extended whine over. I'm so grateful to those of you posting while you're there. I hope you all have a wonderful time!
It’s OK to whine. We are booked thanksgiving in the one deluxe room with a roll in shower. Almost 3 times what I would be paying at the YC no club level. It really floored me when I was advised to book my own fireworks party and even dining reservations as they open online before the office opens.
really got me thinking about what the heck am I paying all this money for.

I’ve had issues with Disney IT since reopening and this may just be the last straw. My AP expires in May so we shall see.

this may sound petty but a lot really hinges on the birthday gift Disney is suppose to be sending to my room after sending a letter addressing some issues. I’m not expecting roses but after they sent one coffee mug for our anniversary it really makes me wonder 😁😁😁

Hi there. You are correct, there are only two King rooms on the 14th Floor, both just to to the “right” of the lounge if facing the lounge/MK/Seven side of the building. Both are TPV. I have not personally stayed in these rooms myself, but pre-renovation they got mixed reviews as I think one (or maybe both?) has accessible features that makes the bathroom layout a bit odd, they don’t have a couch/daybed, and are overall smaller in size (but massive balconies, consistent with all the rooms on the 14th floor.

However, this was pre-renovation so we’ll need to wait until reopening to see if there have been any major changes, good or bad.

I am a fan of both CR CLs. All have pros/cons of course, but I rate CR as a solid upper to middle of the road CL. The CMs there have always been really warm/genuinely caring, in my experience. Tower Club is a special treat given how that floor is unique and has a bit nicer vibe. If the larger suites happen to be packed with groups that could lead to a bigger crew in the lounge, but it could also easily be totally empty too - so a nice chill vibe… in my opinion.

Offerings have never been ‘blow you away’ in scale/substance, but just nice light bites, decent beverage selection. With two quality (in my opinion) restaurants on site that tends to influence things.

We were on the Tower Club floor a few months ago and it was so sad/quiet without CL open - can’t wait for that to change.

Happy to answer any questions.

Thank you so much for the quick and thorough response! We were initially eyeing the Cottage Suites at BWI as we haven't tried those yet (though we have stayed in a Boardwalk view at BWI CL). Anyway, in all my DH's years as a CM he's never seem a discount on a King Tower Club room so he grabbed it.

He had to duck into a meeting but I'm going to read your response to him as soon as he's out.

We are trying to stay at a different CL each trip so we don't get stuck in a rut. We kept rotating between our favorites (Poly and GF) but the thought of something new sounds exciting this time around. Plus, we figured that the Tower Club may be a little quieter (good for covid) and walking to MK during the 50th doesn't hurt either!

It's always so hard to choose a resort because I love them all!

Patty said Lauretta retired. I saw Dan at check in back earler this year. Assume he get moved back.

Abdul was working at AKL Cl but he used to do nights at GF, especially on the weekends so maybe he there tonight?

thank you for answering my question - I am devasted about Lauretta!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter