Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Might have booked AKL cl 8/27-29. AP rate of $518 a night is a steal these days.

Now to convince DH I NEED to go again after having Jan, Mar, May and Jul already šŸ˜…

I feel itā€™s my duty to inspect the 1st cl opening? Am I right?šŸ˜Ž

I had it booked but eventually had to let it go. I couldnā€™t come up with any legitimate rationale for going again and ā€œCL thread reporterā€ didnā€™t seem to resonate very well. šŸ˜‚

Might have booked AKL cl 8/27-29. AP rate of $518 a night is a steal these days.

Now to convince DH I NEED to go again after having Jan, Mar, May and Jul already šŸ˜…

I feel itā€™s my duty to inspect the 1st cl opening? Am I right?šŸ˜Ž
If I had to choose an inspector, it would be you...although GADad does a good inspection as well.

Sivako!

Last edited:
I had it booked but eventually had to let it go. I couldnā€™t come up with any legitimate rationale for going again and ā€œCL thread reporterā€ didnā€™t seem to resonate very well. šŸ˜‚
Well, I did kinda nudge @trishadono a bit because I will be there all by myself Friday while DH is working...plus an adult only friend trip at any CL is always tempting...maybe you should rebook lol!

Hi everyone,

Are all of the Contemporary CL TPV rooms renovated now? And have a couch pullout for the 5th person?

Thanks!

They will be when the Tower rooms reopen late Sept.

Yes, the couch should be a flip-over bed for the 5th person, although some of us are wondering just how exactly it will work/look/flip over given the couch has a bit of an angled design. But the main part probably flips over somehow just like current daybeds, if I had to guess.

I may or may not have also volunteered as tribute for a single night on the 27th as well at AKLā€¦my home :love:. So hoping that our CM ā€œfamilyā€ has been invited back.

I hope that I can toast some of my fellow CL thread friends with a Jungle Juice mimosa that night!!!

Looking for opinions please. Iā€™m planning to go late Feb/early March to celebrate my 50th birthday a year late with my sisters. Poly is my favorite resort, but the club rooms arenā€™t available yet to book. So, do I book a DVC studio (no hotel rooms available, but studios are) OR do I book a club room at Contemporary? Iā€™ve not stayed at Contemporary and my worry is that Iā€™ll wish I was a Poly. Whenever I stay at any other property a small part of me always prefers Poly. But, will the club amenities make up for it? Basically, what would make a club room at Contemporary better?

Looking for opinions please. Iā€™m planning to go late Feb/early March to celebrate my 50th birthday a year late with my sisters. Poly is my favorite resort, but the club rooms arenā€™t available yet to book. So, do I book a DVC studio (no hotel rooms available, but studios are) OR do I book a club room at Contemporary? Iā€™ve not stayed at Contemporary and my worry is that Iā€™ll wish I was a Poly. Whenever I stay at any other property a small part of me always prefers Poly. But, will the club amenities make up for it? Basically, what would make a club room at Contemporary better?
I don't think the two are comparable except for easy access to MK and both have access to fireworks views. Poly is a relaxed tropical resort and CR is a busy (and somewhat noisy) high rise. I like both. They each have a different feel though and based on what you have written I think you would be happier at Poly.

My first comment is that Poly CL better be open by then, c'mon Disney!

Second, I have similar feelings about Poly. We stay other places (and I do love CR as well), but my mind inevitably drifts off to "I sort of wish I was over there" thinking whenever I look out across the water. I don't even like visiting Poly if I'm not staying there, just to avoid that feeling!

As far as pluses for CR CL - you'll be on the second to top floor, both view options are great, fireworks viewing from the lounge is great or from your room if you book TPV, CR has a relatively small CL room count. These things can vary by a shift change, but I'd probably rank CR at the top or top 2 of CLs where we've had pretty amazing CM experiences/service - I've always had the impression they generally 'care more' than some other places. Although again, that kind of stuff can always vary. We'll have to wait for CR CL to reopen to gauge offerings, but I've generally enjoyed CR CL in the past. Feels sort of middle of the road to me when I compare it to the quality and variety of other CLs.

If I were you, I'd probably book CR and keep a close eye on Poly CL reopening/Poly availability. Or if you just can't shake the Poly itch (which I totally get!), book the DVC room.

Probably didn't help that much, but good luck deciding.

Unpopular opinion I guess - the prices... while certainly up there... don't seem totally outrageous for a unique experience? Less than what I was expecting, frankly.
That was my first reaction too. I definitely thought it would be more. Honestly, it's not far off to what some people here pay for CL. I don't anticipate booking/paying it next summer because I will have HS and college to pay for but I did think about it, if only for a few minutes.

Someone posted on the YC thread about the shared balcony. Is it only the one? Let me get this straight, your balcony is wide open so the neighboring rooms can walk over and look in my room? Is this correct? That would be a hard pass for me.

Unpopular opinion I guess - the prices... while certainly up there... don't seem totally outrageous for a unique experience? Less than what I was expecting, frankly.

The sample pricing was for the slower season (mid August to early Sept 2022).
Based on my Disney math, the price tag for intangible services/immersive experience is about $2k for a family of 4 in addition to the food, room and 1 day DHS park pass. I am waiting to see people's report before making a decision... In the meantime DH who is not a big Disney fan was secretly reading all the reports on this landcruise . :rotfl:

Someone posted on the YC thread about the shared balcony. Is it only the one? Let me get this straight, your balcony is wide open so the neighboring rooms can walk over and look in my room? Is this correct? That would be a hard pass for me.
The shared balcony on the cl floor at the YC is limited to four rooms and it is a standard view category. You can avoid it by not booking a standard view room. :)

Awesome, thanks. We are going this month so obviously no CL but I have garden view booked.

On TouringPlans Hotel view finder under room YC 5180, there is a description of that shared patio and pictures. From the look of the pictures, those rooms are probably 5176, 5178, 5180 and 5182. Based on the picture, the patio is huge!!!

As someone who has spent more than enough at Disney year after year (as my husband likes to remind me every now and then lol), it was more about the packed schedule down to the minute that I didn't care for. Sure it's a unique experience, but man, they has it packed. I told my husband everyone better hope their space food doesn't give someone space tummy issues because they didn't build in pit stops. I also just feel it's gonna make GE a nightmare on days that they bring the hotel people in for their half day, and I'm gonna want to know when those days are so I can avoid them on my trips. I'm not a huge SW fan, I like it just fine so know this isn't for me, but I know my dad and sister are so I'll probably end up doing it eventually with them because they won't do anything Disney related without me. I'll just wait and see how they manage that schedule over time, I think it's going to take some time for them to fine tune it and get it right, and it may be a bit bumpy (they are really relying on a lot of people getting up and to breakfast on time)

On TouringPlans Hotel view finder under room YC 5180, there is a description of that shared patio and pictures. From the look of the pictures, those rooms are probably 5176, 5178, 5180 and 5182. Based on the picture, the patio is huge!!!

Someone posted a picture on the YC thread. It's HUGE but still shared lol. I don't care how big it is but I prefer my own space. We love to sit and relax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter