Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I agree that some can and some can’t see the AP rates with a voucher attached—further from our experience it varies from voucher to voucher even within the same MDE account. The last time we had AP vouchers attached to our accounts (about 2 years ago), I could see the discounts on my MDE account, but my husband could not on his. Those APs were used and expired and we now have different vouchers attached and neither of us can see the AP discounts. It’s weird and annoying, lol.

Thinking about Jackie's retirement from the BWI CL and Pete's a year or so before hers I have to wonder how many of the really special talented CL CM's that we have all grown to love will never return to Disney? It takes time to be at the top of their game and many of my favorites are getting closer to the time to hang up the ears for good. I'm just wondering if some of them will decide after having nearly a year off to just call it quits now. Sad to think of the people that we may never see again.
Jackie had planned to retire in November of this year anyway, it just got pushed up. I know Lorenzo is working the Skyliner, and JJ is over at Pop Century for right now. I am so very sad for all the cast members at the Innkeeper’s Club who aren’t working and may not come back. I will miss seeing them in December for my annual birthday trip and again in February for my annual anniversary trip. Jim and I are going to go to the beach with Jackie and her husband in February for our Anniversary, so that will be fun!

well the YC CL saga continues
got called again and returned the call...no CL available we'll move you to another room. oh wait, no water view wheelchair roll-in shower rooms available. want to downgrade even further and we can accommodate you. not a good look Disney. told her i would call back. looks like we will end up just dropping the CL reservation and going with my AP rate. So glad, I thought to do that. good for me, sad for Disney. now to see what happens in June 2021

They are hoping Disney still allows their value to be put towards AP renewals when their time comes. Otherwise they are the proud owners of a one day ticket whose value they will have to put towards another ticket someday.
And here we go- report on AP thread of Disney refusing to allow a ticket to be applied to their new AP purchase over the phone when they got their call from Disney ticketing granting permission to purchase. They’re gonna try next in person. (Currently APs that expired/cancelled during the closure are being allowed to request permission to buy a new AP.)

Just PLEASE remember if you’re purchasing a ticket because you’re worried about park reservations applying it to an AP down the road is not guaranteed.

And here we go- report on AP thread of Disney refusing to allow a ticket to be applied to their new AP purchase over the phone when they got their call from Disney ticketing granting permission to purchase. They’re gonna try next in person. (Currently APs that expired/cancelled during the closure are being allowed to request permission to buy a new AP.)

Just PLEASE remember if you’re purchasing a ticket because you’re worried about park reservations applying it to an AP down the road is not guaranteed.

Good chance they just hit a difficult cast member and will be allowed in person. It used to be all these type transactions had to take place at Disney anyway.

I do agree that there is nothing preventing Disney from changing up their rules any time they feel like it. They simply haven't as the annual passholders tend to spend way more onsite over a year than the difference upgrading that little ticket to an AP would make for them.

Hey all. I have some questions and I'm hoping y'all can help out. I've tried to go through the thread so I apologize in advance if I am asking something that someone else has already asked.

We have a club level 1br room reserved for the Beach Club in April. We booked it a while ago when they still had bookings open for that category of room. We've heard nothing since we booked which I suppose isn't surprising. We are still quite a few months out.

My questions are:

Should we just go ahead and preemptively change our reservation from a CL room to a Beach club villa instead? I know CL is not being offered now and I am suspecting it probably won't be come April.

If we don't swap rooms, what are they doing for people that are booked in a category not available? I assume they are offering a different type of room? Do they credit you any of the money you spent if you paid in full already? (We haven't paid more than the deposit yet but I'm trying to think ahead)

Normally, I'm on top of all the deets being the super planner that I am. All this uncertainty is leaving me well.. uncertain.

Hey all. I have some questions and I'm hoping y'all can help out. I've tried to go through the thread so I apologize in advance if I am asking something that someone else has already asked.

We have a club level 1br room reserved for the Beach Club in April. We booked it a while ago when they still had bookings open for that category of room. We've heard nothing since we booked which I suppose isn't surprising. We are still quite a few months out.

My questions are:

Should we just go ahead and preemptively change our reservation from a CL room to a Beach club villa instead? I know CL is not being offered now and I am suspecting it probably won't be come April.

If we don't swap rooms, what are they doing for people that are booked in a category not available? I assume they are offering a different type of room? Do they credit you any of the money you spent if you paid in full already? (We haven't paid more than the deposit yet but I'm trying to think ahead)

Normally, I'm on top of all the deets being the super planner that I am. All this uncertainty is leaving me well.. uncertain.
I'm booked YC CL for nov 21. I was called about 60 days out and was offered to be able to stay in my booked room no discount. then in another call told CL might come back hold off. in a third call wasn't offered to stay in my room at all but was offered a downgraded room at a cheaper price....WV to GV.
i booked when discounts came out for fall an AP rate room in case CL was closed so I have two rooms booked. will probably cancel my CL and go with my AP water view room.

Since Beach Club is closed and may still be closed then, they will move you somewhere. some people seem to have gotten some good deals on moving from closed resorts. It will be at rack rate so if discounts come out for the room you want, you may want to book it and hold out to see what happens.

Best of luck

My questions are:

I've had a few moved stays during this and I've both waited to find out where Disney will move me and gone ahead and booked something else myself. Part of it was curiosity to see where they'd move me, part of it was certain dates/resorts where I was less flexible in terms of my preferences so just wanted to go ahead and control it myself.

Since you want a 1BR and discounts are out for April now, I'd probably be inclined to just go ahead an book something else now. You can always also keep the original reservation just to see what they do later on, no downside to having two reservations (other than more deposit money tied up).

Since you want a 1BR and discounts are out for April now, I'd probably be inclined to just go ahead an book something else now. You can always also keep the original reservation just to see what they do later on, no downside to having two reservations (other than more deposit money tied up).

Yeah I think I'm going to go ahead and just book a second room reservation and see what the fates throw at me. I'd rather have a room I want than finding out I have less choice later. All in all, I'd be at Disney so yay, but this will be the first vacation we'll have had in over a year after having 2 cruises and a visit family trip canceled. I guess you could say I'm anxious about it all :)

Yeah I think I'm going to go ahead and just book a second room reservation and see what the fates throw at me. I'd rather have a room I want than finding out I have less choice later. All in all, I'd be at Disney so yay, but this will be the first vacation we'll have had in over a year after having 2 cruises and a visit family trip canceled. I guess you could say I'm anxious about it all :)
If you book a modified package it's basically room only but you only have to pay a $200 deposit. Cancellation must be 30 days prior unless you change it to room only later.

So what is everyone's theme park reservation strategy for the 50th weekend? Wonder if they will have CL operating by that time and what it will be like. Seems like nearly every resort is booked Thursday-Sunday. You can get days before and after but not during.

So what is everyone's theme park reservation strategy for the 50th weekend? Wonder if they will have CL operating by that time and what it will be like. Seems like nearly every resort is booked Thursday-Sunday. You can get days before and after but not during.

I booked MK for 10/1 “just because” with the intent to figure it all out later. That’s not a logical time to travel to WDW for us given the school calendar/fall sports and such. Depending on whatever is going on in the world and whatever WDW ends up doing for the 50th, I’d like to be there if I can make it work. More of a placeholder than anything else at the moment, if I’m being honest.

I booked MK for 10/1 “just because” with the intent to figure it all out later. That’s not a logical time to travel to WDW for us given the school calendar/fall sports and such. Depending on whatever is going on in the world and whatever WDW ends up doing for the 50th, I’d like to be there if I can make it work. More of a placeholder than anything else at the moment, if I’m being honest.
Ditto. MK and CR for us 10/01.

Hope they do something fun!

Although I went to DL during its 60th year and they tend to do fun things for a year or longer so who knows?

We have 3 rooms booked CR CL 9/30-10/3 but no tickets. I was so focused on getting the resort that I didn't even think about tickets at the time, so we don't have park reservations. At this point, it's a 50/50 chance we'll even go. The cost of a 1 day park ticket for 10/1 is $140 which to me, is insane, especially if things aren't back to normal by then. I'm not cancelling just yet, but it is a strong possibility if mandatory masks, no fireworks, etc are still in place through 2021. My love for Disney has always made it easy for me to justify the cost of the resorts/parks, but I just can't bring myself to pay those outrageous prices now for half the experience. It's been a year since we've been to Disney and while I hope things change for the better as I do want to be there for the 50th, if things aren't back to or very near normal, we unfortunately will cancel.

We have 3 rooms booked CR CL 9/30-10/3 but no tickets. I was so focused on getting the resort that I didn't even think about tickets at the time, so we don't have park reservations. At this point, it's a 50/50 chance we'll even go. The cost of a 1 day park ticket for 10/1 is $140 which to me, is insane, especially if things aren't back to normal by then. I'm not cancelling just yet, but it is a strong possibility if mandatory masks, no fireworks, etc are still in place through 2021. My love for Disney has always made it easy for me to justify the cost of the resorts/parks, but I just can't bring myself to pay those outrageous prices now for half the experience. It's been a year since we've been to Disney and while I hope things change for the better as I do want to be there for the 50th, if things aren't back to or very near normal, we unfortunately will cancel.
I think the outrageous part is the hotel room cost. I go back and forth about cancelling.

I think the outrageous part is the hotel room cost. I go back and forth about cancelling.

Yes, that too! Add that to the cost of 1 day park tickets for 7 people (we'd have 6 adults and 1 child) and the cost is astronomical! I was so excited months ago when I booked, but over time the excitement has slowly vanished as a Disney trip just doesn't excite me right now.

Yes, that too! Add that to the cost of 1 day park tickets for 7 people (we'd have 6 adults and 1 child) and the cost is astronomical! I was so excited months ago when I booked, but over time the excitement has slowly vanished as a Disney trip just doesn't excite me right now.
It's a lot. I booked BLV CL and the price is around $3,600 for 4 adults for 3 nights (just for hotel, no food, air, park tickets, etc.) I figured discounts will come out later but seeing that everything is booked that weekend, I don't think we will see any discounts. If we knew it was going to be a big celebration it might be worth it but who knows at this point.

It's a lot. I booked BLV CL and the price is around $3,600 for 4 adults for 3 nights (just for hotel, no food, air, park tickets, etc.) I figured discounts will come out later but seeing that everything is booked that weekend, I don't think we will see any discounts. If we knew it was going to be a big celebration it might be worth it but who knows at this point.

I agree completely! It's just so disappointing for me to not be able to plan and get excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!