Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I was really looking forward to a 2021 fall trip but the excitement is certainly waning. Between the CL rooms being pulled through Sept 2021, the loss of the Grand Floridian Orchestra, no park hopping, etc it’s just not sounding like it will be worth the expense. I’m hoping things are back to normal by then although that’s starting to seem overly optimistic. If they don’t end up having the Halloween party next year, we’ll be going elsewhere. It’s all very disappointing.

On another note, I’m taking my older kids on their first UO trip in April and we couldn’t be more excited! It seemed like a much better option than Disney right now and I’m thankful we’ll have that to look forward to! We’ll take the modified CL experience at RPR over nothing!

I was really looking forward to a 2021 fall trip but the excitement is certainly waning. Between the CL rooms being pulled through Sept 2021, the loss of the Grand Floridian Orchestra, no park hopping, etc it’s just not sounding like it will be worth the expense. I’m hoping things are back to normal by then although that’s starting to seem overly optimistic. If they don’t end up having the Halloween party next year, we’ll be going elsewhere. It’s all very disappointing.

I feel the same way. I was trying to be optimistic early on thinking some things might slowly return by the end of this year, but that optimism quickly faded away. At this point in time, a Disney trip isn't even on my radar. The Oct 2021 trip we have booked for the anniversary isn't even exciting to me at the moment :(.

On another note, I’m taking my older kids on their first UO trip in April and we couldn’t be more excited! It seemed like a much better option than Disney right now and I’m thankful we’ll have that to look forward to! We’ll take the modified CL experience at RPR over nothing!

How exciting!! Hope everyone has a great time :wizard:.

I can only assume many of our (the collective our) CL CM friends and friendly faces are likely a part of this week’s Disney layoffs.

We’ve been to WDW twice since reopening. While we can find ways to replace the CL amenities, there’s no way to replace the people. We’ve enjoyed our visits, but have missed our CL friends old and new dearly.

Thoughts and prayers to those who make the magic whose lives are being disrupted with the news this week.

I can only assume many of our (the collective our) CL CM friends and friendly faces are likely a part of this week’s Disney layoffs.

We’ve been to WDW twice since reopening. While we can find ways to replace the CL amenities, there’s no way to replace the people. We’ve enjoyed our visits, but have missed our CL friends old and new dearly.

Thoughts and prayers to those who make the magic whose lives are being disrupted with the news this week.
I was just thinking about this possibility earlier today, it makes my heart so sad :(

I was really looking forward to a 2021 fall trip but the excitement is certainly waning. Between the CL rooms being pulled through Sept 2021, ... no park hopping, etc. it’s just not sounding like it will be worth the expense. I’m hoping things are back to normal by then although that’s starting to seem overly optimistic. If they don’t end up having the Halloween party next year, we’ll be going elsewhere. It’s all very disappointing.
Yes, I would perceive this is not an uncommon thought right now by many of us who are not locals. Disney is in a tight spot right now. We would love to go, and are planning to go, but we expect things to evolve and return to normal. If they don't we will be at a decision point to consider other options. We are watching the continual cancellation of events (watching to see announcements regarding Halloween and Food & Wine 2021), shorten park hours, park reservations disconnected from Disney lodging, no housekeeping, closed shops and limited dining options and menus are going to have trouble competing with other viable vacation options that provide more value, as Disney pricing remain close to what they were when in full operation.

I’ll be at GF tomorrow. Dh said to make sure I tip Abdul(Rpc cm).

Hello?? Cl is still closed.🙄😂 Dd and I will manage however.

No cooking, cleaning , stressing, 👍

“We are going to Disney World!” !😊

Miss my dd . Love that we can meet at our favorite place. 😁

Check GF thread for pix. I’ll try to post. 😃

Currently sitting on a 5 night RPC stay from December 28-January 2nd. With no hope of CL being restored anytime soon, where are they moving people with current RPC stays? Will someone from WDW let us know or will we just find out when we get there? Just trying to decide if we should cancel now. These are 5 comped nights RPC, so I almost hate to waste it now if we can't stay RPC. Know what I mean?

Have a great time!! :cool1: :cool1:

Currently sitting on a 5 night RPC stay from December 28-January 2nd. With no hope of CL being restored anytime soon, where are they moving people with current RPC stays? Will someone from WDW let us know or will we just find out when we get there? Just trying to decide if we should cancel now. These are 5 comped nights RPC, so I almost hate to waste it now if we can't stay RPC. Know what I mean?

I don't know how they're going about moving people, but if it were me, I'd cancel and wait to go when RPC/CL re-opens. The GF is a beautiful resort and we've had great stays both CL and non-CL, but with resort rates constantly increasing (especially CL), I wouldn't use comped nights on a regular room at a time when half of the experiences have been taken away :(.

Comped nights? Yeah no way would I want to waste those on not RPC!

Not comped, but just yesterday I canceled our TPV RPC rooms for Jan 4 to Jan 7th. DH has zero interest in going without RPC. If by some miracle CL comes back, I'll call and see if we can find a room but I doubt they will bring CL back by then.

I'm really behind on catching up on these boards. We have club level booked for the Poly Aug 2021, can you fill me in or point me to where I can find info on club level rooms being pulled? Sorry if this has already been addressed. Thanks

I'm really behind on catching up on these boards. We have club level booked for the Poly Aug 2021, can you fill me in or point me to where I can find info on club level rooms being pulled? Sorry if this has already been addressed. Thanks

We pretty much don’t know anything other than:

1) Disney has had the following note on their reopening website since June: Club-level service is temporarily unavailable

2) CL rooms are not bookable at the moment.

Anything other than that is up for speculation/debate. :-)

Of course with Poly, the resort reopens “summer 2021.” I certainly hope it reopens with CL available, but my crystal ball is broken this year. 🤣

The predicament some of us are in is - what will happen with reservations for TPC for the next couple of months? Does Disney reach out before and tell us it’s not happening or do we find this out last minute? What has been the experience with people who booked RPC that have stayed at WDW recently?

The predicament some of us are in is - what will happen with reservations for TPC for the next couple of months? Does Disney reach out before and tell us it’s not happening or do we find this out last minute? What has been the experience with people who booked RPC that have stayed at WDW recently?
Maybe ask your question or review the thread on this forum, 'Resort Change by Disney'.

Disney just released a note to TAs that WDW hotel suites with CL access are now available to book but will NOT include CL. Guests with reservations in club level access hotel suites will be called by Disney on a rolling basis 30-60 days prior to arrival to discuss their options.

IMHO... hopefully Disney is contacting normal hotel CL room guests as well but who knows? Don’t be afraid to call yourself- if you’re already in that 30-60 day window... And maybe this means RPC rooms will be available to book? That’s not the case now but I personally think it’s ridiculous not to sell them as they could collect- an albeit small- up-charge for them even without CL services...

Last edited:

Have a great trip. Abdul is the best!! I hope he is still working somewhere.

I cancelled our big anniversary RPC trip for next week. :sad: It is just way too much money to spend on such limited experiences, that and the fact we have travel restrictions and would have to quarantine for 2 weeks upon our return. I have RPC booked for October 2021, hoping for a return to normal by then. I have no idea why my font suddenly changed. :confused3

Disney just released a note to TAs that WDW hotel suites with CL access are now available to book but will NOT include CL. Guests with reservations in club level access hotel suites will be called by Disney on a rolling basis 30-60 days prior to arrival to discuss their options.

IMHO... hopefully Disney is contacting normal hotel CL room guests as well but who knows? Don’t be afraid to call yourself- if you’re already in that 30-60 day window... And maybe this means RPC rooms will be available to book? That’s not the case now but I personally think it’s ridiculous not to sell them as they could collect- an albeit small- up-charge for them even without CL services...

Blog Mickey just reported it too...

https://blogmickey.com/2020/10/disn...able-to-book-club-access-remains-unavailable/

Good move. I've been very surprised they didn't do this before. CR especially has several suite/above-standard room options that some people would book. Plus lots at GDT with the abundant Deluxe and 1BR suites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter