Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Once your browser gets a non-US cookie it always wants to use that one, vs the US cookie. I guess the system reads them alphabetically ?
No idea about that but if you go in and search for all the Disney based cookies on your browser you can find the culprit and delete it, or just do what I do and delete them all. Disney cookies. I don’t like to delete ALL cookies and some I actually want. Some aren’t as “naughty” as MDE cookies.
I was made an honorary UK citizen today, too. 😂 I was able to fix it temporarily using private browsers but thanks to Angi's advice, I am back to being an American citizen. LOL!

You are generally on the right track with your thinking, with a few tweaks.

FP booking opens at 7am ET daily. Yes, DSS opens at 9am ET daily. If you have DSS book your FPs, you’re at the mercy of when they pick up your file and start working on it that day.

Unless you are physically going to be away from a computer/traveling/etc, most folks are generally not going to utilize DSS for FP booking and would rather do it themselves, particularly if hard-to-get FPs like SDD and FoP are targets.

From time to time around here you’ll read success/“I got everything I wanted” posts, but using them for FP booking takes the direct control element out of the equation, which to me is uncomfortable!

Thanks for the reply. So this is another example of Kevin Yee's "declining by degrees".

We just returned from our second stay at YC CL this month(!) and it was just as fabulous as our first stay!

Thanks for your review. Glad you had another great YC CL stay :).

Love the little anchor on the glass!

Me too....I think it's a very cute touch :goodvibes.

I've never had DSS (or the previous IPO) book regular FP's for us.
I've also always booked our dining.
Sometimes giving all the "work" to someone else only leaves you with their best guess decisions of what they think you want.

I agree ;)

Sometimes giving all the "work" to someone else only leaves you with their best guess decisions of what they think you want.
Exactly. There's never any instance where what they can do is better than what you can do. It's always less than you can do as they never start work when the booking times open and you know darn well you are not likely to be their only one to book for so who knows how long it will take to get to your record. It is going to be several hours past when you could get it done.

The only time I find that I use them is when it's something I have to call about anyway. Like when BBB was only by phone or when booking a tour. If it can be done online you are always at a disadvantage by letting them do it.

Not to mention, when they do get to booking you and they can't get exactly what you've requested they can't read your minds about what your other possibilities are for that event/item. They'll have to reach out to you and ask. You can't possibly give them every possible scenario so they know in advance. There's bound to be a question or two. Which only delays things more.

For FP, I agree.
For dining requests at 180+ days, I ask the CM's and have always had great luck.

Dining requests less than180, but pre-arrival, I do myself- because options are often limited- and agree,, they'd have to guess what we want.

Dining requests while we are at WDW- I ask the CM's.

A number of hotels offer this kind of service. For a start, the Universal deluxe hotels have this, as do a number of offsite Orlando hotels.

Beyond that, many full service hotels offer a Club level. Many full service Marriotts (and their higher end brands) have a club level - BUT- the ones in the Orlando area do NOT have a club level. Many European hotels offer a CL.

If you want a nice hotel for visiting that has CL, consider the Henry in Dearborn, Michigan. While not near to you, flights to Detroit are often pretty inexpensive, and Dearborn has many fun things to see, including the Henry Ford Museum/Greenfield Village.

I can't say if you will feel they offer the same kind of experience as GF. At some hotels, I'd say the CL is more continental breakfast and appetizers than the amount of food offered at GF. At some hotels the lounge is only open on weekdays.

If you go for a real high end hotel with a concierge level, you'll likely get something as good as or better than WDW's CL. Like Ritz-Carlton and Four Seasons CL rooms, for example. I don't know if Omni has club level, but they are pretty high end for every guest, and offer an optional included breakfast. Offseason is the time to find low rates if you just want to hang at the hotel.

If it is just included breakfast you want, some Hampton Inns are very nice. Some are more middle of the road. The new Residence Inn near Universal is rather nice. Some older Residence Inns are not as nice, but that one is very clean, new, nice. While the room rate didn't include alcohol (as CL does), they do have a bar. It isn't quite as fancy as GF though.
Thank you! I will be sure to check out the Henry. My husband is from Michigan and always looking for an excuse to go back to visit. Excellent to know about Marriotts!
I really appreciate your advice. Thank you!

The only time I find that I use them is when it's something I have to call about anyway. Like when BBB was only by phone or when booking a tour. If it can be done online you are always at a disadvantage by letting them do it.
Pretty much sums it up right there!

Another time DDS was helpful to me was booking for F&W events. 2 years ago CL guests had the ability to book events during early booking but only if they did it through DSS (this benefit isn’t advertised, we stumbled on it here on the DIS when someone asked on a whim). Last year I called the morning early booking opened and they told me early booking wasn’t available to CL guests but they called me back shortly after saying they were mistaken and what would I like to book? Also, I wanted to pay with a gift card which required booking over the phone so I got the benefit of early booking and a shorter on-hold time because DSS wasn’t swamped like Disney Dining is during that time.

(I didn’t try this year as we didn’t have CL plans at the time for F&W.)

The large majority do at YC, but there are a few select rooms that don't.

That's disappointing to me, too. We're checking in on Saturday and were hopeful for a room with a daybed and a balcony. It never occurred to me to ask for a balcony.

That's disappointing to me, too. We're checking in on Saturday and were hopeful for a room with a daybed and a balcony. It never occurred to me to ask for a balcony.
Its not too late.

Email them and say you never thought to ask but your family would really enjoy a balcony and daybed. They will try to meet all requests. If you don't request, how do they know what you want?

Good luck!!

Thank you! I will be sure to check out the Henry. My husband is from Michigan and always looking for an excuse to go back to visit. Excellent to know about Marriotts!
I really appreciate your advice. Thank you!
funny thing is...most Marriots don't say much about them on the website. Actually, lack of info is why this thread exists (and all the earlier CL threads that got too long).

I'm not sure about posting links to other sites, but with a quick search you should be able to find the travel forum that lists all the Marriott lounges and the hours/days they are open. They tend to be more business oriented Marriotts.

The Henry is full of amazing art, and when the lounge is closed, the breakfast buffet is quite nice. I don't think the pool is very exciting, but the hotel and staff were nice.

I also want to give a special mention to the Omni Bedford Springs. I haven't been in some years, and we didn't have CL, but to me, it most evokes the feel of a grand resort (what GF is supposed to be copying). the whole grounds were lovely, and guests could do a variety of activities. The spa is a special one based around the hotel's springs. They also had a s'mores fire pit at night.

In bygone years, rich folks visited grand resorts in the summer. GF is a copy; most of the real ones are closed. I've never been, but I just saw footage of the Grand Hotel that still exists on Mackinac Island. The whole island is car free. Visitors get around by bikes and horse carriages. Talk about bygone era!

There's also an old grand hotel in West Virginia, I think it is called the Greenbriar. I've never been.

For that matter, again, I've never been- but take a peak at the great Lodges of the US National Parks and the Fairmont brand in Canada (Lake Louise, Manior Richelieu). I'm not sure they have a club level per say, but I'm not sure they need it.

@Bucky1306 Something else to consider, look for Boutique hotels. They may or may not be a chain but they usually have more 1 on 1 services available. Usually smaller places.

I don’t know the exact room count on the CL floor without a balcony - it may even be that one room. I’ve been reading this thread for awhile now and have rarely/almost never seen YC Cl reports noting no balcony. So, possible, yes... but odds are it won’t come in to play.

Agree with the PPs about submitting any room requests via DSS if so inclined.

Hi all! Hopping over to GF CL for two days tomorrow. Will I be able to access the lounge if my room isn’t ready yet?

As others have posted, you can access the lounge as soon as you check in, even if your room isn't ready. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter