Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

What the heck is up with the weekend AP prices? I know I've peripherally read on here about it, but I never really paid attention because I wasn't planning a trip. Well, now we're planning a quick 2 night trip for the SWGE AP previews 8/16-8/18 and when I first looked the AP prices were rack rate for Fri and Sat night (irritating, but I was just superficially looking to see what was available), then yesterday I saw the YC CL for an AP rate but wasn't ready to book, now this AM it is back up to rack rate with an AP and the summer room offer is cheaper, but still a lot more than the AP rate I saw yesterday! It's so annoying. Now I'm worried that by the time it changes again, assuming it will, the YC CL won't be available anymore. Initially I had figured we would just do a value to make the stay as cheap as possible, so I know I just shouldn't worry about it, but once I mentally decide on something better, like CL LOL, it's hard to go back!

I’m in the same situation. I didn’t really plan to take a trip for the AP previews, but I just happened to be on the boards when the link was going live & got spots for our family. I had to wait for the others to get back from a weekend trip before I could book. Checked on Friday & Saturday & weekend was showing AP rate. Sure enough, by the time they got home today, weekends ere back to rack rate. I booked now just to get a room set, but I will keep an eye on it & try to catch the weekend discounted & change it. It is crazy.

BTW, we are staying at a value resort for the first time. We’re usually at deluxe CL too. Since we will hardly be at the resort & this is really a bonus trip & our 4th trip this year, I just could not justify spending for CL. Plus I figured if we hate it, it’s only 3 nights anyway.

Last edited:
Good news about Redgie returning. Fingers crossed he will be there the beginning of Oct.
Did you have some favorites from the new menu items?
We didn't have a long trip so I didn't get to try a whole lot of the new things.
But I loved the shrimp cocktail that we had.

Is that every day or just Sunday?

Thanks everyone for all the help.

Right now I have both options booked with the same names from the same account. Will that be an issue until I cancel one or will Disney cancel one for me as a duplicate?

Thanks
Only Sunday for the custom omelet and scrambled eggs

I’m in the same situation. I didn’t really plan to take a trip for the AP previews, but I just happened to be on the boards when the link was going live & got spots of tour family. I had to wait for the others to get back from a weekend trip before I could book. Checked on Friday & Saturday & weekend was showing AP rate. Sure enough, by the time they got home today, weekends ere back to rack rate. I booked now just to get a room set, but I will keep an eye on it & try to catch the weekend discounted & change it. It is crazy.

BTW, we are staying at a value resort for the first time. We’re usually at deluxe CL too. Since we will hardly be at the resort & this is really a bonus trip & our 4th trip this year, I just could not justify spending for CL. Plus I figured if we hate it, it’s only 3 nights anyway.
We've stayed value before, and I have had a couple of very good stays at Pop and one perfectly fine stay at ASMu on my first trip as a true adult with my fiance when we were scouting Disney wedding sites LOL! But now that we can we have been spoiled by CL. I do know that with only 2 nights if isn't that important, and if a very good prices standard regular room at an epcot resort popped up I might grab that, but right now those aren't available. I can't bring myself to book a deluxe resort at RR, and I don't want to book the YC CL room at the summer discount because then I worry they won't need to offer it at an AP discount when they return for weekends and I don't want to not get that difference (principle of the thing I guess hah). So I'm gambling, and hoping we'll always be able to get a value resort at RR in the absolute worst case scenario. To my surprise my DH wants a epcot deluxe instead of a value or an AP rate at a moderate, so I was particularly bummed to see the YC CL AP rate gone this AM.

I'm just thrilled with the unexpected weekend trip, even though it's super short. I just hope I can actually pull it off - we're not there yet! I'm jealous of all of these super cheap flights people keep mentioning - from PIT or CLE I never see those and I'm very leery of the ultra low cost airlines that aren't as ultra low cost as I would like with all of the drawbacks I'm envisioning!

We loved GCH too lol.
I had the old style octagon room, no sofa bed. The 2nd floor rooms all have the single sofa/ bed. ( I had old and new)

I saw pix that the sofa in the deluxe queens are a sofa bed (have friends that stay there) but haven’t for the deluxe king.

Try asking on grand thread, @baler31 may know.

Oh for quieter you may want 4207-09. 01 or 02 are over the kitchen and noisy.

All the king deluxe main building rooms we have stayed in since Reno had the sofa bed and not the day bed. The sofa bed was not comfortable and a huge step down from the daybed.

I'm finally planning my next trip. We head to the Bahamas next week but somehow I'm obsessing over next summers trip Haha. We're planning July or August 2020. I have it narrowed down to Poly CL, WL CL or GF sugar loaf. My kids aren't GF fans but think the outer buildings would be ok. They think the main building is stuffy. My kids loved WL but that was prior to construction and our Poly stay. They like nature and seeing the lizards and stuff . There's the one tree by the luau (think it's a smoking section) that is covered in lizards . On our last non poly stay they made us visit it when we went to ohanas. Silly kids. I'm afraid my kids love poly so much that they are ruined for other resorts. Any pros or cons for each of those? We usually go the end of August but is there a benefit 9f going in July? If we did August it would be earlier in the month. I dont want to rush back to school/work right after the trip. Thanks!!

I'd check out the Alamo Car Care Center on WDW property: https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/locations/us/orlr72-orlando-walt-disney-car-care.html

I have not personally rented here or ever compared rates, but I see it referenced frequently and you can't beat the location/convenience.

Hope that helps!
I have used the Alamo Car rental at the car care center and it was perfect. They will pick you up at the hotel and bring you back when you return the car.

I can get the BW standard view club level for my entire stay except my arrival night at the AP discount. They have it available on the 20% off for my first night but not AP so I have a couple of questions I'm hoping you can help me with.

If I do two reservations, what are the odds I will end up in the same room and not have to move since the booking category would be the same?

Your chances of staying in the same room are pretty good. If you do book this way, have the reservations linked with a request to keep the same room. When you check in for the first night, tell the CM you have a continuing reservation and would like to stay in the same room if possible. It's not guaranteed you won't have to move, but the CM will do everything he/she can to accommodate you ;).

If I decide to stay in a non-club level room my first night, when would I be able to start taking advantage of the club level access on what would be my check in club level day? Would it be available as soon as I check in on the new reservation even if the room is not ready until the afternoon (i.e. could I have breakfast & lunch)? Would I be able to use my check in day as one of my extra fastpass days?

Would this be the same answer if I decide to spend the first night at another hotel?

Club level access would be available as soon as you check in (or as soon as the lounge opens if you check in before lounge hours begin), whether you book a non CL room at BWI or book a different resort :).

One week from today I will be back home at BWI CL. :flower1::flower1::flower1:

Hope you have a great trip! :goodvibes

The weekends are back discounted this morning! I rebooked my rooms & saved $100 per room over a 3 night stay.

Congrats on the savings! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

One month from today I’ll be at Poly Lv Cl.😍

Have a great time :).

I'm finally planning my next trip. We head to the Bahamas next week but somehow I'm obsessing over next summers trip Haha. We're planning July or August 2020. I have it narrowed down to Poly CL, WL CL or GF sugar loaf. My kids aren't GF fans but think the outer buildings would be ok. They think the main building is stuffy. My kids loved WL but that was prior to construction and our Poly stay. They like nature and seeing the lizards and stuff . There's the one tree by the luau (think it's a smoking section) that is covered in lizards . On our last non poly stay they made us visit it when we went to ohanas. Silly kids. I'm afraid my kids love poly so much that they are ruined for other resorts. Any pros or cons for each of those? We usually go the end of August but is there a benefit 9f going in July? If we did August it would be earlier in the month. I dont want to rush back to school/work right after the trip. Thanks!!

I didn't care for GF SL, so my choice would be between Poly CL and WL CL. Poly is my favorite resort overall, but we also love the WL. It's been a long time since our WL CL stay, but from reports I've read the last few years, it seems to be just as great now as it was years ago (plus it's been refurbed). Good luck deciding and enjoy the planning :goodvibes.

I have used the Alamo Car rental at the car care center and it was perfect. They will pick you up at the hotel and bring you back when you return the car.
That is good to know!!! Wonder if I could get magic express service back to the airport after I return the car?

The weekends are back discounted this morning! I rebooked my rooms & saved $100 per room over a 3 night stay. Go book quick!!! 😊
Thanks for this! I looked this AM and they were still back, and then there was even a water view room available at the YC that hadn’t been there before with the AP discount. So I gave up CL (boo!), but I saved $350 while still being walking distance to DHS for the SWGE previews. Since we won’t be in the room a ton I just couldn’t justify that price difference for CL. I’m just happy to be going, and staying in the Epcot resort area is a bonus!

We will be there next Wednesday! Back home for us too and can’t wait. The next 7 days of work are going to drag.:rolleyes1

Hope the next 7 work days goes fast for you! Have a great trip :wizard:.

I looked this AM and they were still back, and then there was even a water view room available at the YC that hadn’t been there before with the AP discount. So I gave up CL (boo!), but I saved $350 while still being walking distance to DHS for the SWGE previews. Since we won’t be in the room a ton I just couldn’t justify that price difference for CL. I’m just happy to be going, and staying in the Epcot resort area is a bonus!

Sorry about no CL this trip, but congrats on the savings and being within walking distance to DHS ;).

Your chances of staying in the same room are pretty good. If you do book this way, have the reservations linked with a request to keep the same room. When you check in for the first night, tell the CM you have a continuing reservation and would like to stay in the same room if possible. It's not guaranteed you won't have to move, but the CM will do everything he/she can to accommodate you ;).

Club level access would be available as soon as you check in (or as soon as the lounge opens if you check in before lounge hours begin), whether you book a non CL room at BWI or book a different resort :).

Hope you have a great trip! :goodvibes

Congrats on the savings! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Have a great time :).

I didn't care for GF SL, so my choice would be between Poly CL and WL CL. Poly is my favorite resort overall, but we also love the WL. It's been a long time since our WL CL stay, but from reports I've read the last few years, it seems to be just as great now as it was years ago (plus it's been refurbed). Good luck deciding and enjoy the planning :goodvibes.
What didnt you like about GF SL? I will probably nix it anyway because I'm the only one who seems to like the resort. I'm afraid we wont like WL since they added the new dvc. We loved the quaintness of it. I have friends going next month (non cl) so patiently awaiting their review.

Sorry about no CL this trip, but congrats on the savings and being within walking distance to DHS ;).

I just realized that the first MNSSHP is that night! I know it will be crazy, since it's the first one, but regardless I never thought I would be able to go this year so we're going to go and just have the attitude that we won't get to do as much since it will be so busy. That makes skipping CL make even more sense, since we won't be in the room much at all and the price difference will pay for the tickets :-)

On another note, mde keeps bouncing to Europe. All weekend long. I keep changing it back to US and then I try to price something and it reverts back. This is getting really annoyed. Doesnt matter if I'm signed in or not or whether I'm incognito. So frustrating.

What didnt you like about GF SL? I will probably nix it anyway because I'm the only one who seems to like the resort. I'm afraid we wont like WL since they added the new dvc. We loved the quaintness of it. I have friends going next month (non cl) so patiently awaiting their review.

GF is gorgeous, but just like with any resort, you either like it or you don’t. WL has not changed, other than for the better, in my opinion. The new pool, the addition of the outdoor bar/restaurant, the grounds themselves are wonderful. The addition of DVC in the main building hasn’t changed anything, other than less availability for main hotel guests. I’d actually recommend you stay in a DVC room, you might like it better!! Good luck deciding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!