Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

What the heck is up with the weekend AP prices? I know I've peripherally read on here about it, but I never really paid attention because I wasn't planning a trip. Well, now we're planning a quick 2 night trip for the SWGE AP previews 8/16-8/18 and when I first looked the AP prices were rack rate for Fri and Sat night (irritating, but I was just superficially looking to see what was available), then yesterday I saw the YC CL for an AP rate but wasn't ready to book, now this AM it is back up to rack rate with an AP and the summer room offer is cheaper, but still a lot more than the AP rate I saw yesterday! It's so annoying. Now I'm worried that by the time it changes again, assuming it will, the YC CL won't be available anymore. Initially I had figured we would just do a value to make the stay as cheap as possible, so I know I just shouldn't worry about it, but once I mentally decide on something better, like CL LOL, it's hard to go back!

I've been experiencing the same thing and it is very irritating!!! I've seen rates for the same dates bounce around depending on when I've priced them. I don't have concrete dates yet, but I keep thinking that when I am ready to book, my resort choice won't be available under the AP rate or it'll be discounted just at a lower percentage.....or not discounted at all :(.

I'm thinking of upgrading my BWI garden view to a standard club level for about $100 per night. Does anyone have some recent experience about what is typically included in the food options at BW, especially breakfast?

Thanks

I'm thinking of upgrading my BWI garden view to a standard club level for about $100 per night. Does anyone have some recent experience about what is typically included in the food options at BW, especially breakfast?

Thanks
Pastries
Quiche or other baked eggs
Hot dish like oats and grits
Boiled or deviled eggs
Breads for toasting
Yogurts
Cereals
Cold cuts and cheese
Fruit

Thanks
Definitely worth upgrading, in my opinion. The standard Club Level rooms are either a pretty garden view or a Boardwalk View. Food options are very good here. Like Angi said, breakfast is some type of baked egg dish and also on Sundays you have the chef making made to order omelets. My husband makes himself a ham and cheese bagel in the morning. We love the evenings too, with the chef making wonderful dishes.

My question doesn’t have to do with CL, but this thread has been amazing with getting questions answered!!! We are going down the week of thanksgiving and staying at CSR Tower CL. We will only be at Disney for 3 days, and then we head to my MILs house for the holiday. If I can find decent airfare, we will probably fly. When we are finished at Disney we will need a rental car to get to the villages. I have never done this before. How would I get a car? Is it possible to use Magic Express to get back to the airport to rent a car on our checkout day?

My question doesn’t have to do with CL, but this thread has been amazing with getting questions answered!!! We are going down the week of thanksgiving and staying at CSR Tower CL. We will only be at Disney for 3 days, and then we head to my MILs house for the holiday. If I can find decent airfare, we will probably fly. When we are finished at Disney we will need a rental car to get to the villages. I have never done this before. How would I get a car? Is it possible to use Magic Express to get back to the airport to rent a car on our checkout day?

I'd check out the Alamo Car Care Center on WDW property: https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/locations/us/orlr72-orlando-walt-disney-car-care.html

I have not personally rented here or ever compared rates, but I see it referenced frequently and you can't beat the location/convenience.

Hope that helps!

When we are finished at Disney we will need a rental car to get to the villages. I have never done this before. How would I get a car? Is it possible to use Magic Express to get back to the airport to rent a car on our checkout day?
In addition to the comment by @GADisneyDad14 about the Car Care Center, you also have the option of renting a car at the Dolphin. They offer National & Alamo rentals and are open 8 AM - 4 PM daily. You could grab and Uber / Lyft direct or catch the Swan / Dolphin bus from any park. Might save quite a trip to the airport.

You can always take the DME back to the airport but the fees will be higher due to the airport adding additional fees to the rental companies due their ability to access the airport grounds.

Dave

Pastries
Quiche or other baked eggs
Hot dish like oats and grits
Boiled or deviled eggs
Breads for toasting
Yogurts
Cereals
Cold cuts and cheese
Fruit

I can get the BW standard view club level for my entire stay except my arrival night at the AP discount. They have it available on the 20% off for my first night but not AP so I have a couple of questions I'm hoping you can help me with.

If I do two reservations, what are the odds I will end up in the same room and not have to move since the booking category would be the same?

If I decide to stay in a non-club level room my first night, when would I be able to start taking advantage of the club level access on what would be my check in club level day? Would it be available as soon as I check in on the new reservation even if the room is not ready until the afternoon (i.e. could I have breakfast & lunch)? Would I be able to use my check in day as one of my extra fastpass days?

Would this be the same answer if I decide to spend the first night at another hotel?

Thanks

I can get the BW standard view club level for my entire stay except my arrival night at the AP discount. They have it available on the 20% off for my first night but not AP so I have a couple of questions I'm hoping you can help me with.

1. If I do two reservations, what are the odds I will end up in the same room and not have to move since the booking category would be the same?

2. If I decide to stay in a non-club level room my first night, when would I be able to start taking advantage of the club level access on what would be my check in club level day? Would it be available as soon as I check in on the new reservation even if the room is not ready until the afternoon (i.e. could I have breakfast & lunch)? Would I be able to use my check in day as one of my extra fastpass days?

Would this be the same answer if I decide to spend the first night at another hotel
1. High. Never certain but high. It's in their best interest to keep you in the same room as it costs them more to turn over a room for a new guest than it does to keep a guest in that room longer. So if they move you that's 2 rooms that had to get a new guest turn over cleaning instead of just cleaning your room for a continuing stay. If that makes sense.

2. You will gain access to the CL room after 6:00 AM on the day you check in, or when the lounge opens in this case. Which is 6:30 or 7:00. You can count that day in the extra FP purchase. Check in and check out both work the same, you have access till lounge closing on check out day too. And it counts to the 3 day minimum.

Definitely worth upgrading, in my opinion. The standard Club Level rooms are either a pretty garden view or a Boardwalk View. Food options are very good here. Like Angi said, breakfast is some type of baked egg dish and also on Sundays you have the chef making made to order omelets. My husband makes himself a ham and cheese bagel in the morning. We love the evenings too, with the chef making wonderful dishes.
They've expanded this by the way, made to order omelets and now can make scrambled eggs too. The new chef made up order cards with all the ingredients listed. Makes it so easy now

Oh, and Redgie is going to be back in the lounge as of 8/11!

Thanks

if you want to see some pictures of the food we had in February go to page 1068 on this thread. Mostly pictures of the dinner options, which were the ones that worried me the most. :rotfl:

Actually on page 1069 is a picture of the breakfast my husband had one morning. The guy can eat.

if you want to see some pictures of the food we had in February go to page 1068 on this thread. Mostly pictures of the dinner options, which were the ones that worried me the most. :rotfl:

Actually on page 1069 is a picture of the breakfast my husband had one morning. The guy can eat.
FYI - the menu for apps at night has changed since Feb. Just so folks don't think it will be the same now. They even did some new menu items during our trip 2 weeks ago

FYI - the menu for apps at night has changed since Feb. Just so folks don't think it will be the same now. They even did some new menu items during our trip 2 weeks ago

I actually figured they changed all the time. ;) ;)

Good news about Redgie returning. Fingers crossed he will be there the beginning of Oct.
Did you have some favorites from the new menu items?

I'd check out the Alamo Car Care Center on WDW property: https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/locations/us/orlr72-orlando-walt-disney-car-care.html
I have not personally rented here or ever compared rates, but I see it referenced frequently and you can't beat the location/convenience.

Hope that helps!

We do it sometimes.

For NYE trip we took a cab to Car Care Ctr. We rented a car for the few days. When done we dropped it off and took a shuttle to poly (where we were staying) . We 1st were at S&D and transferring was easier with a vehicle.

We had late air last day so dropping car midday worked good and then took ME to airport. It was $$$ cheaper for the 3 day rental.

Have done it several times. Other trips ME to hotel then when want to visit in-laws , dh would shuttle over and get the vehicle then come back to get me/us. Easy peasy and def cheaper every time.

Service is good too, DH will pay almost anything for good service and he likes it there.
[/QUOTE[/URL]]

Last edited:
They've expanded this by the way, made to order omelets and now can make scrambled eggs too. The new chef made up order cards with all the ingredients listed. Makes it so easy now

Oh, and Redgie is going to be back in the lounge as of 8/11!

Is that every day or just Sunday?

Thanks everyone for all the help.

Right now I have both options booked with the same names from the same account. Will that be an issue until I cancel one or will Disney cancel one for me as a duplicate?

Thanks

In addition to the comment by @GADisneyDad14 about the Car Care Center, you also have the option of renting a car at the Dolphin. They offer National & Alamo rentals and are open 8 AM - 4 PM daily. You could grab and Uber / Lyft direct or catch the Swan / Dolphin bus from any park. Might save quite a trip to the airport.

You can always take the DME back to the airport but the fees will be higher due to the airport adding additional fees to the rental companies due their ability to access the airport grounds.

Dave
Awesome! Thanks for the information!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter