Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Advice because I am totally frustrated and wish I could change back to a different resort. I had WL standard room, we decided to go WLCL, they had a room with grab bars so I booked that room, it was listed as club level standard room with tub and grab bars. My sixty days was about Monday, so today I sent letter off to DSS asking if I should precheck in or is there only one room with grab bars in club level. They write back that due to me being in that room, I can be placed anywhere in the hotel from 1st floor to 7th floor. What? Okay let me rant, that is not equal access, yes suite can be all over and you have access to the lounge, but I'm not in a suite, I am in a regular club room. It is not the same to pay $175 more to be at the other end of the hotel and have to track to the lounge, okay I know right now WL only has one side but still, if you paid the extra for club level, and the room was listed club level, not club level access, would you feel taken. What would you do, there is not a standard or any other club level room open. I can switch to another resort, CR maybe or GF but not WL. I can't even get a standard room at WL, which would have saved me $178 per night. Being blind this really makes me mad, I just don't want to be anywhere, I want to be club level that is what I am paying for.

Last edited:

I better never see a kitchen in my room on vacation unless I got upgraded to the presidential suite" speech!

Too funny! I know that many people have wonderful, relaxing vacations in villas, but your comment reminds me of one of my favorite articles from The Onion, entitled "Mom Spends Beach Vacation Assuming all Household duties In Closer Proximity To Ocean".

Too funny! I know that many people have wonderful, relaxing vacations in villas, but your comment reminds me of one of my favorite articles from The Onion, entitled "Mom Spends Beach Vacation Assuming all Household duties In Closer Proximity To Ocean".

Preach it!
We stayed in a two bedroom lockoff at Kidani a few years ago, and a two bedroom suite CL at Beach Club the next year which is more of a kitchette maybe. My kids, older teens at the time, commented on how nice the kitchen was. Followed by you know moms not going anywhere near that while we are here! My response you got that right! I've read that very article from The Onion, and forward it to the family when we go to the beach or the mountains!

Last edited:

I think I've probably shared that exact article like 5 different times on Facebook! :rotfl2: So true!

It's been a year since we had a surprising and truly wonderful stay at the BC CL (a previous stay was not so great) and we are considering staying there again. I know that IPO is gone (with sig. services taking their place.) Anyone know if there have been any other changes in terms of food, lounge, texting service since last spring?

Is anyone else past their 180 day mark and not heard a peep from DSS? I know some of y'all contacted them first, so I'm curious what their contact rate has been so far for those of us who haven't initiated a dialogue with them.
They called me about 210 days out. At the time, she mentioned they were only a few weeks old.

Random question: we're going to be CL at The Beach Club over mother's day, and I was just wondering if they (disney, or CL) did anything special?

Hi CL peeps,

I just returned home from a weekend away with hubby, and wanted to share some quick thoughts (before I forget). We stayed 3/23-26 at YC SV CL, and we were extremely pleased with our room! We were assigned room 5174, King bed with a sofa. And the room seemed so large without having 2 Queens. I loved the décor so much more than I thought I would. DH enjoyed the view of the bus stop (he's so funny). No construction noise with the exception of down in the gift shop.

Room:
3 doors from the lounge YAY (but this was also noisy too, as a mom to 5 kiddos it is nothing I can't sleep through)
The addition of sliding doors for the bathroom and toilet area was great, no more banging your knees trying to get in and out of the bathroom
The lighted closets are a nice touch
Robes AND slippers :)
Turndown included a large bottle of Dasani water and chocolates (the water may have been there when we checked in..but I do know we received a new one nightly
The room was not the cleanest when we got there; closets and tables a little dusty, and wet pillowcases were on the floor in the sink area (I think they were pillowcases).
Toiletries were the large Sea Marine ones, with solar gel, mouthwash and q-tips

CMs:
There were many new CMs since our stay in December, two young ladies said they started 3 weeks ago. Three were familiar faces and very sweet. One morning (it was 730ish) there were ZERO CMs in the lounge, so fortunately it wasn't busy since no one was busing the tables and it was a mess. This was not the case later in the morning, in the evenings or at dessert time, it was definitely better staffed.

Lounge:
It was never crowded in the lounge, perhaps based on construction? It was very nice to see so many families with babies and little ones, as usually I notice more adults (based on conventions I suppose).
Food was basically unchanged all four days, and the evening snacks were "meh". Chicken skewers every night I think, and the second hot app (yes only two) was pigs in a blanket or mac and cheese bites. Where did my Grapefruit Bier go (insert sobs...)

We had a FAB stay, but I wanted to give my review on the CL aspect. This is our third and last YC CL stay, we would definitely stay YC again just not CL. BC and BWI win it on the Epcot side for CL offerings, again JMHO. We did get the AP discount so it was a great deal, and the location can't be beat!! Thanks for listening. Our next stop on the CL train is August, booked on a Bounceback at the Poly in the 2 bedroom Princess Suite (for now). Thanks for listening and happy planning friends!

It's been a year since we had a surprising and truly wonderful stay at the BC CL (a previous stay was not so great) and we are considering staying there again. I know that IPO is gone (with sig. services taking their place.) Anyone know if there have been any other changes in terms of food, lounge, texting service since last spring?

Hey mmm..good to "see" you..:hug:
Pas..Thanks so much for your detailed review! :goodvibes:thumbsup2

Lounge:
It was never crowded in the lounge, perhaps based on construction? It was very nice to see so many families with babies and little ones, as usually I notice more adults (based on conventions I suppose).
Food was basically unchanged all four days, and the evening snacks were "meh". Chicken skewers every night I think, and the second hot app (yes only two) was pigs in a blanket or mac and cheese bites. Where did my Grapefruit Bier go (insert sobs...)

Disappointing to hear about the food. I thought it would be similar to BC, which has been getting great reviews. You would think that they would try a little harder as people are staying there during construction.

Hi there :wave:.....glad to "see" you back on the boards :).

We haven't stayed BC CL, but I have been reading positive things about it lately. Hopefully others who have stayed recently will post about their experience. Have fun planning and hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Hi CL peeps,

I just returned home from a weekend away with hubby, and wanted to share some quick thoughts (before I forget). We stayed 3/23-26 at YC SV CL, and we were extremely pleased with our room! We were assigned room 5174, King bed with a sofa. And the room seemed so large without having 2 Queens. I loved the décor so much more than I thought I would. DH enjoyed the view of the bus stop (he's so funny). No construction noise with the exception of down in the gift shop.

Room:
3 doors from the lounge YAY (but this was also noisy too, as a mom to 5 kiddos it is nothing I can't sleep through)
The addition of sliding doors for the bathroom and toilet area was great, no more banging your knees trying to get in and out of the bathroom
Turndown included a large bottle of Dasani water and chocolates (the water may have been there when we checked in..but I do know we received a new one nightly
The room was not the cleanest when we got there; closets and tables a little dusty, and wet pillowcases were on the floor in the sink area (I think they were pillowcases).

CMs:
There were many new CMs since our stay in December, two young ladies said they started 3 weeks ago. Three were familiar faces and very sweet. One morning (it was 730ish) there were ZERO CMs in the lounge, so fortunately it wasn't busy since no one was busing the tables and it was a mess. This was not the case later in the morning, in the evenings or at dessert time, it was definitely better staffed.

Lounge:

We had a FAB stay, but I wanted to give my review on the CL aspect. This is our third and last YC CL stay, we would definitely stay YC again just not CL. BC and BWI win it on the Epcot side for CL offerings, again JMHO. We did get the AP discount so it was a great deal, and the location can't be beat!! Thanks for listening. Our next stop on the CL train is August, booked on a Bounceback at the Poly in the 2 bedroom Princess Suite (for now). Thanks for listening and happy planning friends!

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great time :goodvibes.

Disappointing to hear about the food. I thought it would be similar to BC, which has been getting great reviews. You would think that they would try a little harder as people are staying there during construction.

I agree. Reports from all other hotel club lounges are talking about improved food offerings & the YC still has the same tired foods? Thy usually have almost the same things as BC so I am surprised offerings haven't improved.

And no CMs early in the morning? Totally unacceptable. They have no place for you to leave dirty dishes so someone better be bussing the tables at all times. We are 40 days away from our stay, hope things are better by then.

I agree. Reports from all other hotel club lounges are talking about improved food offerings & the YC still has the same tired foods? Thy usually have almost the same things as BC so I am surprised offerings haven't improved.

And no CMs early in the morning? Totally unacceptable. They have no place for you to leave dirty dishes so someone better be bussing the tables at all times. We are 40 days away from our stay, hope things are better by then.

I completely agree! We are 43 days out from arrival, and I can say walking in the cl lounge and there being dishes all over the the tables unbussed, would likely aggravate me. And it would be nice if they stepped up their food offerings if they're slacking. It's a huge part of what we are paying for.

I'm really surprised and disappointed to hear the report of YC not being too impressive! :( The food and CMs were both great when we were there last month. I guess all CLs can slack off sometimes. I really hope YC doesn't make this a permanent thing!

While the food was definitely best at BWI, everything else (lounge, rooms, food, CMs) made YC the clear winner for us in the EPCOT resort area. Maybe they'll move their focus to the food offerings now that the room renovations are all finished on that floor? Fingers crossed..

Hi CL peeps,

Room:

CMs:

Lounge:

Thanks for your review!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts