Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Yeah I agree. The whole vibe did seem a bit over-watchful about alcohol in general. We spoke to some of the CMs about it and one of the things we heard a lot was that in many ways it was a space-saving thing more than a being-stingy-about-alcohol thing. AKL has SO many food options that they don't have a ton of extra space left over to set out multiple bottles of wine, cordials, etc. They also do several specialty drinks that other CLs don't do, such as their Jungle juice mimosas and two kinds of sangria. Their nightly chef setup took up a lot of additional space too. We didn't mind too much asking for drinks, but like y'all we did hate that we couldn't take an unopened bottle of beer to our room. It's simply too far of a trek from the 4th to 6th floors to make that feasible all the time.

I will say, though, that the only CLs where we've been given UNOPENED beer to take to our room are CR Tower Club and Poly Tonga Suites. Poly's Hawaii building opened them before giving them to us. So did YC, BWI, and WL. We've specifically requested unopened ones at each CL just to kinda "test" them. Everyone but the two I mentioned said they couldn't do it. I guess RPC is the third that will allow it.

I really wish AKL hadn't given away the 5th and 6th floor to DVC. The walk to the lounge from the 4th floor is cumbersome. It cheapens the entire CL experience in my opinion, having CL rooms located on 4 and condos located closer to the CL lounge. I dunno. That was our #1 complaint about AKL CL. Overall, though, I still put it as #2 on my list of CLs because of all the great things there. YC comes in at a ridiculously-close #3. CR Tower Club #1 by 100+ miles (haha).

We've not stayed RPC or at GF in general. We've avoided it but know we'll probably have to stay there at some point simply so we can experience all the CLs on property. We've had some bad experiences with ultra rude CMs at GF and it rubbed us the wrong way. Hopefully when we do stay there in the future they'll redeem themselves though. We love the dining options at GF so we'll bite the bullet someday!
I find sl so much more relaxed and friendly vs rpc. Try that! Great location for pool and hot tub if you like those.

Oh and I will get u pix soon!

I apologize to dh if he NEEDS to try that one too.

Anyone want some YC CL pics?

Here's the lounge:
View attachment 223983 View attachment 223984 View attachment 223985

This is where the wine and cordials sit in the evenings:
View attachment 223986 View attachment 223990 View attachment 223997 View attachment 223999 View attachment 224000 View attachment 224001

View from the balcony sitting area:
View attachment 224002

We kinda fell in love with YC, no lie. We'd always avoided it cause we never liked the theme/atmosphere of BC so we assumed YC was gonna be the same way, but We. Were. So. Wrong.

The CMs who work the lounge are some of the best on property. We never wanted for anything. Everything was always immaculate, the lounge itself was rarely crowded, and the CMs were extremely friendly and wanted to chat a lot. We loved that. It reminded us of CR in that sense. YC really rescued our image of the EPCOT resorts, especially after experiencing BWI CL and being so disappointed in it. When we do any EPCOT-centric trips in the future, we'll be staying at YC and only YC.

Wow - sold! 100% sold! I absolutely love the decor of these new rooms - based on photos, they are my favorite on property.

And the lounge looks fantastic. YC's CL is the only CL we have not yet tried, but I think we will! In January after BWI CL, we said no more CL. It didn't seem worth it anymore and the lounge was always so crazy crowded that it didn't serve the purpose of providing extra space. And the lack of kids' TV area was really unfortunate for our youngest (without crowds in the past, kids gathered in that area, but in January it was mostly adults and mostly cable network news.) So the YC kids area is perfect and I'm thinking we'll do CL again - back to convenient breakfast and afternoon down time! :)

Anyone want some YC CL pics?

Here's the lounge:
View attachment 223983 View attachment 223984 View attachment 223985

This is where the wine and cordials sit in the evenings:
View attachment 223986 View attachment 223990 View attachment 223997 View attachment 223999 View attachment 224000 View attachment 224001

View from the balcony sitting area:
View attachment 224002

We kinda fell in love with YC, no lie. We'd always avoided it cause we never liked the theme/atmosphere of BC so we assumed YC was gonna be the same way, but We. Were. So. Wrong.

The CMs who work the lounge are some of the best on property. We never wanted for anything. Everything was always immaculate, the lounge itself was rarely crowded, and the CMs were extremely friendly and wanted to chat a lot. We loved that. It reminded us of CR in that sense. YC really rescued our image of the EPCOT resorts, especially after experiencing BWI CL and being so disappointed in it. When we do any EPCOT-centric trips in the future, we'll be staying at YC and only YC.
Thank you so much for taking the time to take the pics and post....We are heading down next week to enjoy a nice relaxing vacation. I am hoping we receive a refurbished room so fingers crossed. So classy vs the old nautical theme which was nice but dated. Love the new shower. I have to admit, I have a "thing" about the tub/shower combo with those darn shower curtains. The shower looks amazing! We were in 5195 last visit so hoping they have gotten to those set of rooms. Once again, Thanks!

Yes, @Ewoks, you win Tuesday on the DIS. Breaking news and great photos! Your CL travels look fabulous. :thumbsup2

:thanks:

Happy to help!! We loved trying the new CLs. We've been taking lots of photos on our last few trips cause we are starting a blog, so it made sense to share everything here first! Only BC and both GF SL and RPC to go and we'll have tried them all! :flower1:

Thank you so much for taking the time to take the pics and post....We are heading down next week to enjoy a nice relaxing vacation. I am hoping we receive a refurbished room so fingers crossed. So classy vs the old nautical theme which was nice but dated. Love the new shower. I have to admit, I have a "thing" about the tub/shower combo with those darn shower curtains. The shower looks amazing! We were in 5195 last visit so hoping they have gotten to those set of rooms. Once again, Thanks!

If you're staying CL you should be good as far as refurbished rooms go. I think the only CL rooms that haven't been finished are the suites. We saw them working on the suites across from us while we were there. Enjoy! You're gonna love it!

I find sl so much more relaxed and friendly vs rpc. Try that! Great location for pool and hot tub if you like those.

Oh and I will get u pix soon!

I apologize to dh if he NEEDS to try that one too.

Haha yes, I think SL will be next on our list to try. We'd really liked the idea of RPC, but we had a super snotty concierge down at the check in desk treat us like dirt on one of our previous trips when we went to ask questions about it. We had toured Tonga earlier that day and had such a wonderful interaction with the CMs at Poly, so when we went to ask if we could potentially go see the lounge area in RPC we were floored at how rude the CM at the desk was! He basically didn't believe us when we said we were staying at BWI CL (like, why? I'm pretty sure it's not invitation-only, LOL) and acted like we were gonna go up there and eat all the food or something! :rotfl2: It's funny thinking back on it, but at the time we were kinda shocked!

Yeah I agree. The whole vibe did seem a bit over-watchful about alcohol in general. We spoke to some of the CMs about it and one of the things we heard a lot was that in many ways it was a space-saving thing more than a being-stingy-about-alcohol thing. AKL has SO many food options that they don't have a ton of extra space left over to set out multiple bottles of wine, cordials, etc. They also do several specialty drinks that other CLs don't do, such as their Jungle juice mimosas and two kinds of sangria. Their nightly chef setup took up a lot of additional space too. We didn't mind too much asking for drinks, but like y'all we did hate that we couldn't take an unopened bottle of beer to our room. It's simply too far of a trek from the 4th to 6th floors to make that feasible all the time.

I will say, though, that the only CLs where we've been given UNOPENED beer to take to our room are CR Tower Club and Poly Tonga Suites. Poly's Hawaii building opened them before giving them to us. So did YC, BWI, and WL. We've specifically requested unopened ones at each CL just to kinda "test" them. Everyone but the two I mentioned said they couldn't do it. I guess RPC is the third that will allow it.

I really wish AKL hadn't given away the 5th and 6th floor to DVC. The walk to the lounge from the 4th floor is cumbersome. It cheapens the entire CL experience in my opinion, having CL rooms located on 4 and condos located closer to the CL lounge. I dunno. That was our #1 complaint about AKL CL. Overall, though, I still put it as #2 on my list of CLs because of all the great things there. YC comes in at a ridiculously-close #3. CR Tower Club #1 by 100+ miles (haha).

Thank you Ewoks for posting pictures. We did AKL Cl 2 weeks ago and I failed to take any photos! I agree that they were very watchful of everything from alcohol and glasses to snacks. We too were told there was a shortage of glasses. We also tried to take some breakfast items back to the room for DH who was not feeling real great and were told that they had no carry out type containers. One CM gave me a round try and said to make sure I brought it back. I left it on the table to get a cup of juice another CM took the plates off the tray and removed the tray from the area. LOL!

Our 2 bdrm suite was on the 2nd floor and the very very very end of the building. It was a complete hike to get to the lounge and it would have been nice to have at least the beverages in our suite. We also had wanted to take a bucket of ice and beer down to the pool area and were told that was not possible.

All in all it was a great stay but a little more freedom in taking or having things brought to our suite would have been perfect.

We stayed at the Contemporary Resort Atrium Club over Princess Half Marathon Weekend. Not our first club level stay but our first time at the Contemporary. We were completely wowed.

We stayed at both YC and BC last summer (and BWI and WL in years prior), all club level, but definitely noticed a difference in level of service on this trip. From our welcome to the 12th floor complete with Monorail Mules, to assisting my mother who was wondering if she could get a refund on tickets because of some mobility issues this trip (the CL staff offered to comp our room any wheelchair or scooter rentals in the parks so she could enjoy her stay!), to ensuring the Disney Florist birthday cake I ordered would be delivered to my son while I was still on the Princess Half Marathon course, to offering me a mimosa after completing the Enchanted 10K, to sending my son and I personalized notes wishing us luck in our races, to getting my mother a wheelchair so she could watch me run past the resort for the PHM, we experienced top notch personalized service from everyone we met on the CL staff, and witnessed it being issued to others as well. I've noticed somewhat of a decline in the service in our last few CL stays, and it seems a new customer service directive is being issued and definitely being carried out at the Atrium Club and I hope elsewhere.

We love staying CL for the continental breakfast (my go to is a croissant, a hard boiled egg and fruit and coffee), and it never disappoints any of my 5 person party (11 year old son, 77 and 78 year old parents, 40 something husband and me). We don't rely on dinner there but we had some great options this trip - soups were to die for, and when they ran out, the chef ran downstairs to bring whatever was on special at the Wave! Chicken nuggets and mac and cheese for my son (and I'll admit to carbing up for the 10k with the mac and cheese.......) A beef and a salmon were other entrees available for dinner. Alcohol was available for the taking and if we had not been traveling with an 11 year old, they would have stocked our fridge for us while out. I made a breakfast sandwich out of the PB&J shooters and a roll for each of my races (10k and PHM), but the CL also left water bottles, bread, peanut butter and bananas out each night/morning of the race. I carried one of those water bottles with me until the last mile of each race!

This was a bucket list trip for me and likely my parents' last trip who have been bringing me to Disney since 1972, so it was great to go out with a bang. I absolutely loved the Contemporary, and the Atrium Club and can see myself there again someday.

Attachments

• 16831088_10212869056868307_1357841544758054593_n.jpg
    16831088_10212869056868307_1357841544758054593_n.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 16831865_10212869056628301_2318428355582363655_n.jpg
    16831865_10212869056628301_2318428355582363655_n.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 16836428_10212883654393236_4366074824415458888_o.jpg
    16836428_10212883654393236_4366074824415458888_o.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 16905072_10212910340300367_8796945907498431270_o.jpg
    16905072_10212910340300367_8796945907498431270_o.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 16996281_10212893765125998_5713048202499185929_n.jpg
    16996281_10212893765125998_5713048202499185929_n.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 51
Happy to help!! We loved trying the new CLs. We've been taking lots of photos on our last few trips cause we are starting a blog, so it made sense to share everything here first! Only BC and both GF SL and RPC to go and we'll have tried them all! :flower1:

If you're staying CL you should be good as far as refurbished rooms go. I think the only CL rooms that haven't been finished are the suites. We saw them working on the suites across from us while we were there. Enjoy! You're gonna love it!

Haha yes, I think SL will be next on our list to try. We'd really liked the idea of RPC, but we had a super snotty concierge down at the check in desk treat us like dirt on one of our previous trips when we went to ask questions about it. We had toured Tonga earlier that day and had such a wonderful interaction with the CMs at Poly, so when we went to ask if we could potentially go see the lounge area in RPC we were floored at how rude the CM at the desk was! He basically didn't believe us when we said we were staying at BWI CL (like, why? I'm pretty sure it's not invitation-only, LOL) and acted like we were gonna go up there and eat all the food or something! :rotfl2: It's funny thinking back on it, but at the time we were kinda shocked!

I have a similar bucket list. We have done: gf rpc (both versions deluxe king and std)and sl (all 3 std marina, courtyard and deluxe room), CR atrium and hospitality suite, Poly all 3 categories ( gv, lv, tpv) bc, wl, akl.

Need bwi, yc, and CR tower, poly tonga.

Neither my dh or dd like boardwalk area but I have some disfriends that go there often so maybe a ladies trip to get those. @BlueSkies , @Dispro1 , @pas130

We stayed at the Contemporary Resort Atrium Club over Princess Half Marathon Weekend. Not our first club level stay but our first time at the Contemporary. We were completely wowed.

We stayed at both YC and BC last summer (and BWI and WL in years prior), all club level, but definitely noticed a difference in level of service on this trip. From our welcome to the 12th floor complete with Monorail Mules, to assisting my mother who was wondering if she could get a refund on tickets because of some mobility issues this trip (the CL staff offered to comp our room any wheelchair or scooter rentals in the parks so she could enjoy her stay!), to ensuring the Disney Florist birthday cake I ordered would be delivered to my son while I was still on the Princess Half Marathon course, to offering me a mimosa after completing the Enchanted 10K, to sending my son and I personalized notes wishing us luck in our races, to getting my mother a wheelchair so she could watch me run past the resort for the PHM, we experienced top notch personalized service from everyone we met on the CL staff, and witnessed it being issued to others as well. I've noticed somewhat of a decline in the service in our last few CL stays, and it seems a new customer service directive is being issued and definitely being carried out at the Atrium Club and I hope elsewhere.

We love staying CL for the continental breakfast (my go to is a croissant, a hard boiled egg and fruit and coffee), and it never disappoints any of my 5 person party (11 year old son, 77 and 78 year old parents, 40 something husband and me). We don't rely on dinner there but we had some great options this trip - soups were to die for, and when they ran out, the chef ran downstairs to bring whatever was on special at the Wave! Chicken nuggets and mac and cheese for my son (and I'll admit to carbing up for the 10k with the mac and cheese.......) A beef and a salmon were other entrees available for dinner. Alcohol was available for the taking and if we had not been traveling with an 11 year old, they would have stocked our fridge for us while out. I made a breakfast sandwich out of the PB&J shooters and a roll for each of my races (10k and PHM), but the CL also left water bottles, bread, peanut butter and bananas out each night/morning of the race. I carried one of those water bottles with me until the last mile of each race!

This was a bucket list trip for me and likely my parents' last trip who have been bringing me to Disney since 1972, so it was great to go out with a bang. I absolutely loved the Contemporary, and the Atrium Club and can see myself there again someday.

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great time and enjoyed CR CL :wizard:.

That is so awesome to hear, thank you for taking the time to post! What a great story too.

Of my few years of CL travels, CR CL is the only place that has truly wowed me with the service and I felt appreciated as a guest. Nice to hear that from others as well.

Congrats on the race, that's a great accomplishment.

:thanks:

Thank you pld and GADisney for your posts. There were some earlier posts (maybe on a different thread?) that didn't make the CR CL sound that great; I'm glad to hear that I can expect excellent service.

Two quick questions please,
Does the AKL lounge have zebra domes?
Do they pour the alcohol for you or can you fix it?
Thanks!

Two quick questions please,
Does the AKL lounge have zebra domes?
Do they pour the alcohol for you or can you fix it?
Thanks!

I did not see any zebra domes while we were there. All day they poured our drinks for us out of the back room, except for the evening offerings of hard liquors. Those were in bottles on the buffet counter. We still had to ask for beer and wine in the evenings.

Thank you! We, on the YC/BC thread, have been chomping at the bit for finished room pics. I think it looks wonderful and can't wait for this part of our trip. We'll have a room with a daybed, so a bit different.

I'm so glad that you've enjoyed your experience there!
has anyone seen the renovated yc rooms with the daybed?

ohMom posted on the previous page of this thread that she will post pics of a renovated YC room with 2 queens and a daybed once she gets home.

I hadn't seen that post but that's what we're hoping for during our sister trip, so I will keep my eyes peeled!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts