Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Last post, I swear. Here are some photos of the Honeymoon Suite in Tonga.

Entryway
PV6.jpg

Coffeemaker and closets.
PV7.jpg

The TV in here was kinda comically small for the size of the room. Since the CR Tower Club and the renovated YC CL rooms have those huge 4K smart TVs in them now, it was a little jarring to see the Resort TV info channel on this little guy! Haha
PV8.jpg

Bathroom pics:
PV10.jpg
PV11.jpg

Just a note: we could not get this tub to work. The water only came out scalding hot, no cold at all. It was disappointing cause it looked so nice and inviting.
PV12.jpg

Bed area with the beautiful drapes around the bedposts:
PV13.jpg
PV16.jpg

Sitting area. The artwork in here (and Tonga in general) was really cool. We also loved all the fresh flowers.
PV15.jpg

View from the room looking out onto the patio. The foot traffic to and from the other longhouses and Luau Cove was significant. It was a pretty view though.
PV14.jpg

Last post, I swear. Here are some photos of the Honeymoon Suite in Tonga.

Entryway
View attachment 223835

Coffeemaker and closets.
View attachment 223836

The TV in here was kinda comically small for the size of the room. Since the CR Tower Club and the renovated YC CL rooms have those huge 4K smart TVs in them now, it was a little jarring to see the Resort TV info channel on this little guy! Haha
View attachment 223837

Bathroom pics:
View attachment 223839
View attachment 223840

Just a note: we could not get this tub to work. The water only came out scalding hot, no cold at all. It was disappointing cause it looked so nice and inviting.
View attachment 223841

Bed area with the beautiful drapes around the bedposts:
View attachment 223842
View attachment 223844

Sitting area. The artwork in here (and Tonga in general) was really cool. We also loved all the fresh flowers.
View attachment 223845

View from the room looking out onto the patio. The foot traffic to and from the other longhouses and Luau Cove was significant. It was a pretty view though.
View attachment 223846
Love these Pix. I booked the honeymoon/aka Fairytale suite at DLH hotel last year for dd and I. This may be a fun girls only option some day. Room looks lovely!

To any and all who have stayed at club level for both the Poly and the GFR (main building) during the last 12 months: please be kind enough to compare and contrast:
Hi We were at Poly CL last March and July and we just returned from RPC GF Feb...no comparison. We are heading down for a week at YC CL which we have enjoyed in the past, but now that we stayed at RPC...all we talk about is switching. Poly: Love the pool, we always request first floor so we can sit outside, love the resort, ambiance etc. My husband HATED the food! Although CM were nice, we had several issues on our July trip but it was the Food and the craziness of the lounge he could not deal with. Standing in a long line to find all the food gone, it was overwhelming. The cast does not have enough time or staff to keep up with dirty tables and restocking. Piling dishes on a side table is gross. But we have heard things have improved. Getting him to go back....I will work on it. RPC was very very different. Service was impeccable and food offerings were wonderful. Staff was very nice, extremely helpful. No crowds diving for food. LOL It was just very different. Room was phenomenal. We have a Magic Kingdom view on the 2nd floor suite floor. Those rooms are located over the 24 hr QS. All the rooms are CL so there is really no big hub bub in the building with crowds as there is lots of space and tables to relax. The afternoon entertainment was priceless. At SL we have had trouble finding a table and the morning breakfast was crazy busy. SL is fantastic near the pool, but it reminded me of the crowd at Poly and that was a drawback. Food was fantastic!!! Big glasses of wine in nice glassware. Sometimes it's the little things. I hope this helps. Bottom Line: We are long time DVC owners (20 years), we have had many wonderful vacations at WDW. At this point in our lives we have resorted back to the little perks that come with CL and as often as we ca,n we choose to book vacations in between with the "extra magic".

Thanks for the pics @Ewoks and your thoughts. That bed is lovely!

@GADisneyDad14 I would steer clear of "near lounge" if you need quiet for naptime. We have always had 2nd floor, and it was lovely. Sugarloaf is a small building so you could have a most excellent marina view but still be super close to the Courtyard Pool. The lounge is small in comparison to RPC, but we find it cozy and have met the nicest people. CMs and guests :)

Sush! :ssst:

I save my CR love for the fall / MNSSHP. But, if Disney would re-do the stinkin' pool already...

I know a lot of people are underwhelmed with the pool but honestly - what would you like to see them do?

I think it compares to the GF pool or WL or any other deluxe really... There isn't much to them either (yeah - the GF splash pad seems fun but I am too old to play there lol and GF has zero entry... but I find the stairs at the CR pool perfectly fine)...
They are not putting another SAB there so I find the pool almost comparable to other resorts ... but that's just me...

I know a lot of people are underwhelmed with the pool but honestly - what would you like to see them do?

I think it compares to the GF pool or WL or any other deluxe really... There isn't much to them either (yeah - the GF splash pad seems fun but I am too old to play there lol and GF has zero entry... but I find the stairs at the CR pool perfectly fine)...
They are not putting another SAB there so I find the pool almost comparable to other resorts ... but that's just me...

Good points! I hate to dwell on these small nits because they obviously don't stop me from going. But for us it's mostly about the splash pad, to be honest. I get it that's only appealing up to a certain age point. The zero entry is somewhat important at the moment too. And that indoor bar. It's just so unthemed compared to the Deluxe pools done in later years, to me at least.

When I was there in September I got inside info from an extremely reliable source - the pool bartender - that CR was next on the big refurb list once they are done with WL. He talked about a total re-do of the pool and waterfront area, outdoor/waterfront dining, etc. I didn't believe a word he said, but it sounded nice! :lmao:

I do think the food at the pool food place is very, very good. Some of my favorite.

Thank you so much for that detailed review!

We've been to GF CL last year, and have decided to go back CL at AKL. Strange that wine and beer is always in the kitchen, even for the “official” appetizers hours! I kind of liked the feeling of having a “bar” onstage, plus it is always nice to engage a little chat with the CM pouring the glasses.

Also, you mentioned glass could not be taken back to rooms, is this a recent change? I certainly remember pictures of Disboards members enjoying a glass of Mimosa in their room not so long ago! Did they tell you why they enforce this policy?
No worries, That's not true....we brought plenty of wine back to our room at GF RPC to watch the spectacular fireworks from our Balcony. Priceless!!!

No worries, That's not true....we brought plenty of wine back to our room at GF RPC to watch the spectacular fireworks from our Balcony. Priceless!!!

It is most definitely true, for AKL CL. I wasn't talking about RPC and have never been there. The CMs at AKL were extremely strict about it when we were there last week. You CAN take all the wine you want back to your room but they will ask if it's "to go" and if so they'll give it to you in a plastic cup. This has not been my experience at any other CL besides AKL however.

Good points! I hate to dwell on these small nits because they obviously don't stop me from going. But for us it's mostly about the splash pad, to be honest. I get it that's only appealing up to a certain age point. The zero entry is somewhat important at the moment too. And that indoor bar. It's just so unthemed compared to the Deluxe pools done in later years, to me at least.

When I was there in September I got inside info from an extremely reliable source - the pool bartender - that CR was next on the big refurb list once they are done with WL. He talked about a total re-do of the pool and waterfront area, outdoor/waterfront dining, etc. I didn't believe a word he said, but it sounded nice! :lmao:

I do think the food at the pool food place is very, very good. Some of my favorite.

Fair enough! And just because I can't help myself... even if they start a refurb this fall... by the time it's finally done - you won't need a splash pad for your kids anymore either :snail::tongue:

I think this just comes down to personal wants/needs. I have never cared about the pool bar (you are correct - it is a bit "sad" and lack luster at the CR but I don't use it so it doesn't bother me). I can however see how you (and others) aren't happy with the set up.

And you can argue undertheming... to me - it fits in as a "Contemporary" pool - get it? Lol

My kids have been begging to go back to the BC... but over all we just prefer the CR... and I will never do another split stay lol At the end of the day - they are happy with the CR pool. The only thing I would wish for is a slide a bit more exciting... but realistically... they are all about the same... main difference is you walk up the volcano at the Poly... I would want a more "exciting" slide in the sense of length/turns...

I'm going to ask the Club Level Manager about any refurbs in May... he is a pretty straight shooter... if nothing is planned - he will tell me... Certainly won't believe him fully but I
consider him a bit more reliable.

It is most definitely true, for AKL CL. I wasn't talking about RPC and have never been there. The CMs at AKL were extremely strict about it when we were there last week. You CAN take all the wine you want back to your room but they will ask if it's "to go" and if so they'll give it to you in a plastic cup. This has not been my experience at any other CL besides AKL however.
Sorry, the post quoted a stay at GF so I was unsure where the reference was. So next trip I would pack my own. I'm heading down next week with 2 Stainless Martini Glasses so we can make an espresso martini at night at YC CL. LOL They have many a mile on them as I ordered while at WDW from Amazon Prime many moons ago! They won't break...what's better than that? Maybe the glass issue is an animal issue! We were at Kidani last May and the people above us kept throwing things off the balcony and boy did the Rangers race out. It was a tad unnerving. There are cameras focused right on the balcony area and ground around the rooms. Just a thought.

I kinda thought it might be an animal issue too, along with the "glass shortage" thing some of the CMs mentioned. They said they were running low on regular wine glasses so wanted them to stay in the lounge.

I will say I stayed at YC a few days ago and I took plenty of wine glasses out of the lounge and into our room so you should be just fine there! The CMs were sending us out of the lounge with a glass of wine all the time. We never declined! :p

Fair enough! And just because I can't help myself... even if they start a refurb this fall... by the time it's finally done - you won't need a splash pad for your kids anymore either :snail::tongue:

I think this just comes down to personal wants/needs. I have never cared about the pool bar (you are correct - it is a bit "sad" and lack luster at the CR but I don't use it so it doesn't bother me). I can however see how you (and others) aren't happy with the set up.

And you can argue undertheming... to me - it fits in as a "Contemporary" pool - get it? Lol

My kids have been begging to go back to the BC... but over all we just prefer the CR... and I will never do another split stay lol At the end of the day - they are happy with the CR pool. The only thing I would wish for is a slide a bit more exciting... but realistically... they are all about the same... main difference is you walk up the volcano at the Poly... I would want a more "exciting" slide in the sense of length/turns...

I'm going to ask the Club Level Manager about any refurbs in May... he is a pretty straight shooter... if nothing is planned - he will tell me... Certainly won't believe him fully but I
consider him a bit more reliable.
I love the cr pool area . Sitting in the hot tub with the fountains splashing up around you with a view of palm trees swaying against the blue sky with sounds of mk in the background ...

Curious what will be next. They did a pool refurb already when my kids were little and yep they were years older by completion lol.

@karasmom - Are you going to CR in September again this year? Early September is my preferred window to go to catch an early MNSSHP so I've been waiting for firm party dates to be announced. Now unfortunately it requires taking DS out of school a day, which I'm not really in love with doing, so not sure if I can make it work this year.

If our paths ever cross, we must continue the debate of the sad state of the CR pool area ( :lmao: ) in person, at the pool, relaxing and enjoying this nice view! :-)

Ok, I'll get back on topic now. Sorry!

IMG_6576.JPG

Our stay at Poly CL is coming up fast! Can anyone tell me about the coffee and coffee makers in the rooms? Are they pods? K-cups? Size of the basket? Any information would be great. I know there is coffee available in the lounge but I sometimes like to make it in the room. Thanks!

Our stay at Poly CL is coming up fast! Can anyone tell me about the coffee and coffee makers in the rooms? Are they pods? K-cups? Size of the basket? Any information would be great. I know there is coffee available in the lounge but I sometimes like to make it in the room. Thanks!

This pic may help, this was as of a few week ago. It's those single-serve pod type things. Sorry I don't know the type/brand of the coffee. The water is a new addition within the last few months, much better for making coffee than Florida tap, IMHO. They left 1-2 per day for me, except none on the day I forgot to tip! :confused3 Hope that helps!

6.jpeg

Would love to know if they can get that for you so keep us posted. Does Touring Plans reservation finder work for dinner packages or just restaurant reservations? We had great success in January getting last minute dinner reservations, though it was a slower week and only two of us.

Not sure if someone already answered, but I had wanted to look for a dessert party recently so I had looked it up in the Frequently Asked Questions - it looks like they don't find reservations for dining packages or special events at this point.

"I want to search for Fantasmic! Dining Packages, Dining with an Imagineer, dessert parties, and other "special" meal experiences. How can I do this?

You cannot. Although we may consider this for a future enhancement, the Reservation Finder does not currently support such events."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter