Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Thanks so much for such a great review!!! I'm hoping you can help answer my question. We too have booked a CL LV room and now I'm wondering if the LV rooms are all located on the main floor. Also can you please tell me where the theme park view rooms are in relation to the LV rooms. Thanks again so much for all your great info!!!

Hi there. In my experience, Tikiman's Polynesian site is good resource, here's a link to his Hawaii floorplan: http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/images/stories/hawaii/hawaii2015c.jpg

BUT - I do NOT think his first floor view categories are completely accurate in the post-Bungalow era. I am of the opinion that all first floor rooms facing north are now Lagoon View. Not that you can trust CMs but I've had several Poly CL CMs tell me that, and that also seems to line up with reports on here from folks who routinely book LV.

I think his LV categories on the 2nd and 3rd floor are probably reasonably accurate.

One thing Disney is actually very good at is their view categories. If you don't have a legitimate full view of the castle, they aren't going to give that room a TPV room category. That's why there are a couple of LV rooms on the third floor, those have a palm tree right in the middle of the view from those rooms.

You can kind of see the castle from some first floor rooms but you have to position yourself to peek between bungalows, so not really a "full" TPV view in my opinion.

I could be wrong on all of the above, but that's my assessment after staying there and reading comments over the last few years, both pre and post-Bungalow.

Hope that helps!

BUT - I do NOT think his first floor view categories are completely accurate in the post-Bungalow era. I am of the opinion that all first floor rooms facing north are now Lagoon View. Not that you can trust CMs but I've had several Poly CL CMs tell me that, and that also seems to line up with reports on here from folks who routinely book LV.

One thing you can do to check is to message Tikiman on his Facebook page. I had a question about one of the longhouse floorplans and if it was represented accurately on Tikiman pages. He responded to me within an hour. To search for him on FB, look for Tikiman's Unofficial Polynesian Resort Pages. He's really helpful.

One thing you can do to check is to message Tikiman on his Facebook page. I had a question about one of the longhouse floorplans and if it was represented accurately on Tikiman pages. He responded to me within an hour. To search for him on FB, look for Tikiman's Unofficial Polynesian Resort Pages. He's really helpful.

Thanks @Surgie2.

I should point out this same topic came up on the Poly thread not too long ago and I was shot down as being wrong there. But I'm stubborn I guess. Full disclosure! :-)

Reactions: TJA

I should point out this same topic came up on the Poly thread not too long ago and I was shot down as being wrong there. But I'm stubborn I guess. Full disclosure! :-)

Oh seriously I totally read your posts word for word and consider your advice, info and pics to be top quality expert! So I'm not all all saying you are wrong lol - I'm a totally Disney newbie:)

Oh seriously I totally read your posts word for word and consider your advice, info and pics to be top quality expert! So I'm not all all saying you are wrong lol - I'm a totally Disney newbie:)
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Actually this topic frustrates me because I'd really like to know for sure! Before the bungalows when I had a TPV reservation my standard room request was "third floor first priority, first floor as a backup." Once the bungalows were completed on two different occasions when I e-mailed my requests (then) IPO responded "because you have a TPV reservation, your room will be on the 2nd or 3rd floor." :confused3

I also had a bit of a reservation issue two weeks ago so ended up spending some good quality time with the CM checking me in going over room/view options. I have seen him before on my Poly CL trips, so not someone new. He also said first floor was all LV. :confused3

I tend to trust Tikiman over a CM 99% of the time, but this topic has always had me stumped. I don't have enough true real-life experience to really know one way or the other.

So Tonga has been nice so far. We're in the Honeymoon Suite, which is on the bottom floor at the far right corner of the building. It has a patio area that overlooks the marina with a nice view of Space Mountain and the Contemporary. We can see fireworks too but it's not a perfect view from Tonga. I got plenty of photos of the room, lounge, etc, but I can't post them from my phone so I'll have to wait until I get home to share.

Overall things have been good here. We've been extremely impressed with the CMs in this building. Very helpful and friendly. The lounge here in Tonga isn't much — espresso maker, juices and sodas, beer, wine, light snacks, fruit. The big plus is that you have your own room service menu that you can order from for breakfast and snacks (until 10pm). Things like Tonga Toast, eggs and potatoes, sushi (full rolls, not individual pieces), salads, chicken wings, crab cakes, etc. All that is free and unlimited, delivered to your room. The CMs here said it's to make up for the fact the folks staying in this building otherwise have to walk over to Hawaii to get hot food. In our opinion, it blows the stuff over in Hawaii out of the water. It's pretty amazing.

We haven't made but 2 trips to Hawaii the entire time. The staff over there seem nice and friendly for the most part, but definitely busy. The lounge is also super busy. They don't have certain things we take for granted at other CLs, like sparkling wine for example. The food over there for breakfast looked pretty basic. We did try one of the chicken lettuce wraps during snack time yesterday and they were pretty good.

The views of the fireworks from the beach and Hawaii were... well, a disappointment, honestly. I've heard so much about how amazing the views are here that I was a bit shocked. The lounge view is decent I suppose, but crowded and the lights from the lounge reflect off the windows badly. Plus you're indoors and who wants to watch fireworks from indoors?! The beach was ok. No music, far away.. We realized the CR has spoiled us totally on fireworks views!!!

I'll write more later, but I think we both came to the same conclusion about the Poly, which is that we'd stay here again only if we were in Tonga. If the only option was Hawaii, it would never be worth the money. It's too hectic, and the atmosphere and service just don't compare to the other CLs we've stayed at. But we've enjoyed our visit here. We can check it off the list now that we've finally stayed here! :)
Last year I had this exact room booked with a good AP discount and then drove myself and my poor hubby crazy deciding to keep it or not. My biggest worry was having to walk over to the CL building for food and drinks.Our trip before this I think it rained every day and I was really concerned about not using the CL if we had to walk through the rain. Thank you so much for posting all of this information for everyone.

Did you find it bothersome having people walking by right outside your window? That and snakes were my other concerns. I guess now we will have to put it back on our wish list. We have never stayed at the Poly even though I have booked rooms there. I always end up changing my mind.

Hi there. In my experience, Tikiman's Polynesian site is good resource, here's a link to his Hawaii floorplan: http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/images/stories/hawaii/hawaii2015c.jpg

I think his LV categories on the 2nd and 3rd floor are probably reasonably accurate.

One thing Disney is actually very good at is their view categories. If you don't have a legitimate full view of the castle, they aren't going to give that room a TPV room category. That's why there are a couple of LV rooms on the third floor, those have a palm tree right in the middle of the view from those rooms.

You can kind of see the castle from some first floor rooms but you have to position yourself to peek between bungalows, so not really a "full" TPV view in my opinion.

I could be wrong on all of the above, but that's my assessment after staying there and reading comments over the last few years, both pre and post-Bungalow.

Hope that helps!

Thanks again for such a detailed answer!!! Also thanks for suggesting tikiman
Will head there next :)

Thanks so much for this suggestion. I'm on his fb page and never thoufht to ask a question there.

Actually this topic frustrates me because I'd really like to know for sure! Before the bungalows when I had a TPV reservation my standard room request was "third floor first priority, first floor as a backup." Once the bungalows were completed on two different occasions when I e-mailed my requests (then) IPO responded "because you have a TPV reservation, your room will be on the 2nd or 3rd floor."

We visited the Poly in January and a CM from the CL desk gave us a tour of the Hawaii building showing us the lounge and a room. We are most interested in a ground floor room regardless of the view. When I mentioned that she said to be sure NOT to request TPV as there are no longer any rooms classified as TPV on the ground floor due to the bungalows. FWIW - I know the information from CMs can be hit or miss.

Did you find it bothersome having people walking by right outside your window?

Yes, honestly. There was a constant stream of people starting around 7am until nearly midnight. The connecting door in our room that was shared with the King Kamehameha Suite seemed paper thin, too. We heard the large family next door as loudly and clearly as if they were sitting next to us. It was a beautiful room and Tonga was very nice overall, but the more we think back on it we wouldn't book it (or Poly as a whole) again. We liked the experience for a short stay but it was a one-and-done for us.

Actually this topic frustrates me because I'd really like to know for sure! Before the bungalows when I had a TPV reservation my standard room request was "third floor first priority, first floor as a backup." Once the bungalows were completed on two different occasions when I e-mailed my requests (then) IPO responded "because you have a TPV reservation, your room will be on the 2nd or 3rd floor." :confused3

I also had a bit of a reservation issue two weeks ago so ended up spending some good quality time with the CM checking me in going over room/view options. I have seen him before on my Poly CL trips, so not someone new. He also said first floor was all LV. :confused3

I tend to trust Tikiman over a CM 99% of the time, but this topic has always had me stumped. I don't have enough true real-life experience to really know one way or the other.

Yeah - tikiman will confirm but as Surgie2 said - ALL ground floor rooms facing the MK in Hawaii building are now considered lagoon view because of the bunalows. 2nd or 3rd floor have the TPV rooms now.

I have a question and I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with this. :scratchin

We've always loved our pre-bungalows LV rooms because even the ones not designated TPV still offered excellent views of the MK & castle, even if all you had to do was take a single step to your right or left, while on the balcony, to have that clear view.

We are booked in a LV room for our August trip. We'd ideally want one of the few LV rooms on the 3rd floor. I already have that request attached to my reservation. If those rooms are not available, and we discover that we don't like the views from any of the available LV rooms (for whatever reason, whether its the second floor with no balcony or patio, etc), would we be able to downgrade to a GV room? We really prefer the 3rd floor. Because of the bungalows, we don't feel that it's worth (for us) to pay for TPV, so we're trying LV. We're taking our great-niece (she'll be 18 at the time) for her very first trip ever to WDW and want to show her why we love the Polynesian :sunny:

So, have you ever gotten to WDW CL and then downgraded your view, based on room availability? Thanks in advance!

For what it's worth, I've been staying on the 1st floor in Hawaii facing the lagoon for many years now. Pre-bungalow, we were in 1503 several years in a row. Then post-bungalow we got the same room and the view was NOTHING like the gorgeous TPV it used to be. We still love 1st floor, though, and did speak with a manager one trip who confirmed the 1st floor is considered LV post-bungalow. However, like @GADisneyDad14, I was also shot down (lol) and told there are still TPV rooms on 1st floor. I just said thanks for the info and let it go at that, but in my mind I really believe 1st floor has always been LV post-bungalow.

For what it's worth, I've been staying on the 1st floor in Hawaii facing the lagoon for many years now. Pre-bungalow, we were in 1503 several years in a row. Then post-bungalow we got the same room and the view was NOTHING like the gorgeous TPV it used to be. We still love 1st floor, though, and did speak with a manager one trip who confirmed the 1st floor is considered LV post-bungalow. However, like @GADisneyDad14, I was also shot down (lol) and told there are still TPV rooms on 1st floor. I just said thanks for the info and let it go at that, but in my mind I really believe 1st floor has always been LV post-bungalow.

Thanks for this info. Since we have three rooms booked with LV and we want two of them to be connecting with the third room nearby, I'm thinking we will be on the first floor for sure which will be fine since one room has three kids and the parents will love the easy access to have one parent take the toddler twins outside for a walk while the other stays in the room while the baby is sleeping. Should be a perfect set up.

Thanks for this info. Since we have three rooms booked with LV and we want two of them to be connecting with the third room nearby, I'm thinking we will be on the first floor for sure which will be fine since one room has three kids and the parents will love the easy access to have one parent take the toddler twins outside for a walk while the other stays in the room while the baby is sleeping. Should be a perfect set up.

You probably do but just making sure you know that connecting rooms aren't guaranteed, it's only a request that they may/may not be able to accommodate. Outside of that small caveat, I agree there seems to be a reasonable (but not guranteed) chance you'll be on the first floor. I think?

You probably do but just making sure you know that connecting rooms aren't guaranteed, it's only a request that they may/may not be able to accommodate. Outside of that small caveat, I agree there seems to be a reasonable (but not guranteed) chance you'll be on the first floor. I think?

We've been lucky so far on past trips. Grandparents connect with their daughter, son-in-law and grand kids while I get a room closeby and enjoy the peace and quiet. Will hope our luck holds out for this trip as well ;)

We've been lucky so far on past trips. Grandparents connect with their daughter, son-in-law and grand kids while I get a room closeby and enjoy the peace and quiet. Will hope our luck holds out for this trip as well ;)

"Close by peace and quiet" :rotfl:

Too funny.

Have a great trip!

I love both for different reasons. We float around from BLT or cr, gf and poly . Always my favorite trips.

I have a good time with the value , mod and other deluxe trips but it is never quite the same.

DD and I just switched from poly to GF and that works. We were at BLT in January and Poly cl last summer so I do like to mix it up.

Oh and happy planning.

Lucky you! Tea time here you come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!