Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

@trishadono and @GADisneyDad14 thank you both for the advice about the babysitting situation. I'm the type that feels guilty about snagging an extra muffin for the road (which I will hopefully get over since I've heard grabbing snacks from the lounge to take to the parks is the way to go!). So the plan is to talk to the CMs to get the go-ahead (or pay the extra person fee) ahead of time. I'm glad to hear it's even a possibility as the logistical picture I was painting in my head about my son's bedtime was becoming way too complicated! Thanks again!!
Don't feel guilty at CR atrium club. Most I have met there have been great.

I take wine at evening apps in case I get back after 10p and I'm in the parks. If I don't need that night I drink the next day with lunch or snacks.
For you grab and take to room and enjoy the balcony while your little one sleeps .

I grab fruit or a cinnamon bun in the morning in case I get hungry later.

Your parents can visit your room so bring them up. If there is a snack or beverage in the room oh well they can help you.

You can take 2 beverages per person out of the lounge in case you didn't know.

Have fun and don't worry. The cms r there to help.

Also, we are currently at AKL CL! It's AMAZING! We got so discouraged after our lackluster experience with BWI CL a couple weeks ago, so this has really restored our faith in Disney CLs. Tower Club is always gonna be #1 for us, but AKL is coming in at #2 for sure!

Great to hear! Anxious to hear more about your AKL CL experience!

Also, we are currently at AKL CL! It's AMAZING! We got so discouraged after our lackluster experience with BWI CL a couple weeks ago, so this has really restored our faith in Disney CLs. Tower Club is always gonna be #1 for us, but AKL is coming in at #2 for sure!

Uh, oh! (Well, first I should clarify that we've stayed AKL-CL many times and it truly is wonderful! Glad you are loving it! :thumbsup2)

What was it about BWI's Club Level that you found underwhelming? I was there in October and LOVED it so much I booked it again for May (well, a split stay with AKL-CL!) ;)

Two quick questions - we've got a standard club room at BWI booked for mid-September, for our second trip to the world & specifically Food & Wine. Our previous trip was to POFQ, and we had snacks/water/beer delivered to our room from Garden Grocer. We're looking forward to the snacks/beer available to us in the lounge, but I'm curious about bottles of water. On our last trip we tried very hard to stay hydrated and each carried a bottle of water every day. Is it worth us shipping water to the room in advance? Or will that be available in the lounge?

My second question is about the standard room view versus a boardwalk view. Back when I first booked the room, I was confused about the different view types so I called and was told that the only difference in club rooms was standard and deluxe. Now there's a third "boardwalk" view category that wasn't available previously. I'm taking that to mean that our balcony will face EPCOT, and not the Boardwalk? (And if so, is it worth the upcharge for a boardwalk view?)
The deluxe CL rooms are located on both the 4th floor( same as the lounge) and the 3rd floor. They are located on the boardwalk so you will have the water view. The Garden suites are located around the quite pool on the ground floor and they have CL access. Last year they switched things up and now have both water view and garden view.Before it was by request only, but the water view was very popular and Disney got smart to this so started charging a lot extra for the view. It's almost worth it to book the deluxe rooms if you want the water view because the price is very similar and you get so much more room.

Uh, oh! (Well, first I should clarify that we've stayed AKL-CL many times and it truly is wonderful! Glad you are loving it! :thumbsup2)

What was it about BWI's Club Level that you found underwhelming? I was there in October and LOVED it so much I booked it again for May (well, a split stay with AKL-CL!) ;)

To my husband and I BWI CL felt... well, impersonal overall. I realize that the CMs aren't there solely for us or anything, of course, but we often felt like we were imposing when we asked for anything, and we found ourselves having to ask for things we wouldn't need to ask for at other CLs. Coffee, for example. The big dispenser was almost always empty. The CMs there seemed very overwhelmed most of the time due to the sheer volume of guests. I certainly don't begrudge them for being spread too thin — I often felt bad for them and would keep out of their way unless I needed to ask something important. There were SO many people in the lounge all the time that it honestly felt more like a QS restaurant than a relaxing CL lounge. We were there in February, so it wasn't like it was an incredibly busy time either. Some of the CMs were friendly and kind and we enjoyed talking to them. Others didn't seem like they wanted to have much to do with anyone. It was hit or miss. When we first checked in, we walked into the lounge and no one greeted us, gave us any information about our room or the lounge, etc. We asked a CM at the desk one day about checking for availability for a restaurant the next day (not a hard reservation to get, either, we just didn't have our phones handy to check ourselves). The CM told us to "just check the app." :sad2:

The lounge was way too small and it felt it. The long, meandering hallways and the odd setup of the way you enter the CL block of rooms and lounge was super weird and cumbersome. Maybe that's an EPCOT resort thing though?

I will say this: the food was very good. But I don't foresee us staying there again unless we get an obscenely-low rate or something.

This was just our experience, of course. Please don't worry too much about it if you've had good experiences in the past!

To my husband and I BWI CL felt... well, impersonal overall. I realize that the CMs aren't there solely for us or anything, of course, but we often felt like we were imposing when we asked for anything, and we found ourselves having to ask for things we wouldn't need to ask for at other CLs. Coffee, for example. The big dispenser was almost always empty. The CMs there seemed very overwhelmed most of the time due to the sheer volume of guests. I certainly don't begrudge them for being spread too thin — I often felt bad for them and would keep out of their way unless I needed to ask something important. There were SO many people in the lounge all the time that it honestly felt more like a QS restaurant than a relaxing CL lounge. We were there in February, so it wasn't like it was an incredibly busy time either. Some of the CMs were friendly and kind and we enjoyed talking to them. Others didn't seem like they wanted to have much to do with anyone. It was hit or miss. When we first checked in, we walked into the lounge and no one greeted us, gave us any information about our room or the lounge, etc. We asked a CM at the desk one day about checking for availability for a restaurant the next day (not a hard reservation to get, either, we just didn't have our phones handy to check ourselves). The CM told us to "just check the app." :sad2:

The lounge was way too small and it felt it. The long, meandering hallways and the odd setup of the way you enter the CL block of rooms and lounge was super weird and cumbersome. Maybe that's an EPCOT resort thing though?

I will say this: the food was very good. But I don't foresee us staying there again unless we get an obscenely-low rate or something.

This was just our experience, of course. Please don't worry too much about it if you've had good experiences in the past!
You know I think that is how I felt too. We only had one day and it was a very busy weekend ( last weekend of f n w and OL) but I just didn't feel magical.

We did get a room upgrade from std to lagoon. That had a nice view but the walk was longgggg.

Waiting for more updates at akl. :coffee:

Last edited:

I'm really sorry that you felt that way about the BWI CL. I was really worried that when they added all the extra rooms on the 4th floor to CL rooms without making the lounge any bigger that space was going to be an issue. Years ago the CM were very excited because they had been told that the lounge would be expanded. It didn't happen, though it seems to be happening at other CL resorts, so maybe someday? I was glad to see that they were using the area in front of the lounge a little more. Perhaps some tables and chairs along the wall would help with the room problem. It was nice when we were there in Dec. that they always had coffee set up out to serve yourself even when the doors were closed. We were lucky that they were serving breakfast that week starting at 6:30 am.

Last edited:

Just wanted to report in that I received a call from Disney Signature Services (not sure when, could be anytime from this past Sunday to today as life has been beyond chaotic trying to get daughter ready to travel this weekend to compete in her first States cheer competition). I haven't called them back but they left a very pleasant phone message confirming we're staying club level and left a number to call them back if we have any questions or if they can help us with anything. We're still almost 2+ weeks short of our 180 day ADR window so I was surprised but it was nice to hear from them without me having to call them. :)

Thank you for the response. :thumbsup2 Like I said, we stayed there once and I guess we must have picked a good time of year (late September 2016)! The lounge never felt crowded; at least we always got a table! I think it also helped that our room was right around the corner from the Lounge (4240)!

We had similar feelings. Our room wasn't overly far away from the lounge (we had deluxe 4th floor, first room inside security door), but the entire set-up just felt very strange. I constantly felt lost (lol). There were 2 different sets of elevators that took us to 2 different places (I know one set was probably villa? Who knows. After our work-out we just got on the closest set of elevators). There were the fire exit stairs that never really worked out for us because after the lounge we usually stopped at our room and by that time it was quicker to go find an elevator.

We've had some BC CL rooms that have been quite a hike. But I just never felt lost there. Maybe because we've stayed so often? In any event, the CM desks, the lounge, and the elevators are all right next to each other. That helps.

Off CL subject...don't hurt me:eek:

Have any of you done any behind the scenes tours and if so, any recommendations? I'm trying to plan a trip just with my husband in May and think this is a great opportunity to do something like that.

Thanks!!:thumbsup2

Have any of you done any behind the scenes tours and if so, any recommendations? I'm trying to plan a trip just with my husband in May and think this is a great opportunity to do something like that.

We have not, but I would LOVE to do that tour at AK...and I'm blanking on the name of it, but it's like an adventure tour. Looks awesome!

If you mean the Wild Africa Trek -- DO IT!!! Totally worth the $$$. I've done it 3 times already! I would suggest booking one of the first tours in the morning, especially in summer!

Yes, that's exactly what I mean!!! We were going to do it as a family when our youngest daughter turned 8, but lo and behold, we ended up with a surprise pregnancy so she got a baby brother instead. :rotfl2:

If it's still around when DS turns 8...we will be all over it! :goodvibes

Hi! This thread is so helpful:disrocks: We booked Standard Atrium Club for the end of June-July. Are all these rooms 2 Queen or do I need to request? My brother is taking DD and I to celebrate her double digit "10":bday:. We haven't been contacted yet by DSS, but we just switched from YC a few days ago. This is our first time at the CR and Club level.

We've done Keys to the Kingdom twice and the Backstage Magic tour. Both are excellent and I would recommend either one. Backstage Magic is pricey and takes all day but worth it if you have the time. I would suggest starting with KTTK, it is 4-5 hours. Both tours include lunch. We have also done the Wildlife Discovery Excursion at AK but sadly that is no longer available.

Here's an update on AKL CL so far. We continue to be very impressed with everything! All the CMs we've encountered have been great. Very friendly and eager to help. Even with the volume of guests they deal with each day, they all take time to speak and even remember little things like your wine preference or where you're from. The food has been phenomenal. Here's what we've noticed so far food-wise:

Breakfast: quinoa porridge with cooked apples, oatmeal with a delicious toasted quinoa topping, pastries that rotate each day, boiled eggs, a wide assortment of fresh fruits, cheeses, a meat (yesterday it was a type of dried beef, this morning it was prosciutto), yogurts, and cereal.

Snacks: make-your-own trail mix, kettle chips with three different types of hummus along with other dips to dip them in, cookies, and homemade granola bars with Mickey sprinkles.

Tea: cookies, peanut butter brownies, rice krispy treats, and scones with clotted cream.

Supper rotates each evening. Last night we had chicken "bunny stew" in a little bread bowl that was ridiculously good, as well as a sausage stew with pap. Tonight was an African mac and cheese and a duck dish with couscous and dried fruits. Each night there is always a slightly different cheese assortment, along with breads and fresh veggies and different hummus types, preserved vegetables like olives and a chutney, delicious horseradish mustard, some sort of salad (tonight was chickpea and edamame), a small bite like couscous or a soup sample, and two hot dishes. Desserts are all pretty good, but we've been so full after supper we haven't had room for too many of them!

Wine and beer are all by-request. They are not visible to guests and are poured in the kitchen area and brought out to you. There is a merlot, a red blend, a white, and a sparkling. They also make mimosas and sangria out of the wine mixed with jungle juice. Beers are Tusker, Bud Light, Yuengling, and Heineken. CMs are more than happy to get drinks for you any time — we carried "to go" mimosas out to the bus stop this morning. The CMs are very strict about taking glassware out of the lounge, so all drinks need to be in plastic if taking them to the room.

Bus service has been good all except this morning, when the line to EPCOT was so long it would've taken 3 very full buses to accommodate. We ended up riding the AK bus over and catching a bus to EPCOT from there.

Turndown service has been spot-on. This is a change from BWI a few weeks ago where we only got it one night out of 4. Mousekeeping is great here too. The views from the CL rooms are lovely. We've seen tons of animals. All the CL rooms are on the 4th floor with the exception of 10 DVC timeshare condos on the 6th floor. Those units don't have good views according to the CMs and a DVC owner we met in the lounge. I think they're classified as standard view. All the 4th floor CL rooms have savanna views. I'm not sure why they decided to do this, but the entire 5th floor is DVC timeshare units as well. That used to be the CL floor originally, and now has no CL rooms on it. Kind of a shame they gave that floor away, tbh.

More to come. Let me know if y'all have any questions!

I have nothing of any value to contribute other than to :sad: that I wish Disney offered some of these tours for younger kids! DS would be all over the train tour, but it's 10+. I'm sure there are good reasons - length, appropriate content, attention spans, etc - but booo.

Anyway, as soon as I can get down there on an adults only trip (yeah right...), I definitely want to do one of these some day! Let us know what you end up booking!

@Ewoks Your use of the word "supper" made me :-). Love it. And yes, thanks for the detailed post! We need more AKL love/info around here!

I wonder why the Epcot bus was so long. First day of F&G maybe?

THanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts