Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Considering a CL trip in March and since it's been quite a while since I stayed CL at any of the resorts, I don't really remember what the SS can assist with now... back when I last stayed CL, FP+ and dining I think were the things most got help with, but what can they help with now? G+ and ILL$?

We also have a CL stay coming up soon, however, I have not heard from SS yet either. I’ll probably reach out this week if I do not hear from them first.
Our recent (right before Thanksgiving) stay was BC, and we never received a call beforehand. I've heard some of them are really into calling ahead of time, and some don't at all. If you need anything set up or have questions tho, definitely call.

If only I can find an available CL for my upcoming Feb trip now that I'm addicted.

I'm stuck and am inherently wishy washy. We are renting DVC points and if we can snag one, an AKL CL 1 BR villa. Otherwise, we will go to VGF.

None of us really want to stay at AKL. Cl is the only thing that makes it appealing. However, now I've read the Villas are a trek to the lounge and may not be Savannah view.

Should I just scrap AKL or is CL there for a villa really worth it.

My wife and I have stayed in every standard room in Tower Club, so I figured I would chime in to give you some info.

Like GADisneyDad14 said, neither of the King rooms are accessible. Getting into the bathroom would be very difficult and the beds are higher. They are very spacious, just a little smaller then the 2 Queen rooms. It does have room for a coach, they have just chosen to make it sleep only 2 (like the Garden Cottages at BWI).

With the 2 Queen rooms, there are 3 total. The 2 on the Bay Lake side are not accessible (similar to the King rooms, but with the 2 beds instead of 1). The Theme Park view room is accessible. It has lowered beds, a walk-in open shower with seating. It also has a mechanical door that opens out instead of in that holds itself open for about 30 seconds. It’s a very nice room, and we have always hated staying in it because we didn’t want to take it away from some one who needed it.

I would say the reason why most people don’t talk about Tower Club is because we don’t want to fight even harder for those rooms. Those of us who stay there every trip have to fight hard enough already and don’t want others knowing all the secrets about it.
This is amazing information and detail. Thank you!!

I would say the reason why most people don’t talk about Tower Club is because we don’t want to fight even harder for those rooms. Those of us who stay there every trip have to fight hard enough already and don’t want others knowing all the secrets about it.

Lol, that’s what I was saying about YC for years. I’m so annoyed the word got out anyway. :rolleyes:

Our recent (right before Thanksgiving) stay was BC, and we never received a call beforehand. I've heard some of them are really into calling ahead of time, and some don't at all. If you need anything set up or have questions tho, definitely call.

If only I can find an available CL for my upcoming Feb trip now that I'm addicteWe heard from the CM at CR ladt Tuesday and we arrived on Saturday. It was nice to chat with the CM. She works Tower Level though so I have yet to meet her.

There is nothing tangible with the service that makes it 'worth it' given the price of other options. It's a splurge with minimal to no justification, plain and simple.

That said, having bounced around from rental cars, car services, Uber black, etc in our WDW travels.... I do value and appreciate….

- The "known entity" factor - I know exactly what kind of car I'll get, what kind of car seat I'll get, how it will be installed, etc. Mine are now out of car seat stage but that alone was important early on (yes other services offer them but quality of the car seat/installation varied, in my experience, and we just preferred having a little more control over the topic).

- I have a general level of comfort with the quality of the driver and their training. One bad situation does not justify $199, but I had an unfavorable driver situation using Tiffany Towncar one time years ago (very fast driving, weaving in/out of lanes). DS was young at the time and it just left a bad taste in my mouth. In fairness I've had numerous other driver service or Uber Black rides with my children with no issues at all (including a driver at Tiffany we had become repeat customers with for years until he moved on)

- Really picky comment here - I dislike car fragrances, and unfortunately once in a rare while in a Uber Black or car service you may get someone who enjoys, say... a more fragrant car. A 30 minute ride to or from WDW in a car with a heavily scented vehicle is like my worst nightmare. Yes, I concede that's an odd perspective here.

- I need to stay up on my Disney gossip.... 30 minutes of car time with a friendly/chatty CM can be fun. In seriousness, we've had many fantastic CMs who have made the trips very enjoyable. Many had been with the company for awhile in various roles and it's always so fascinating hearing stories and perspectives.

- Most car services will do this too, but I appreciate the whole meeting by the luggage area and quick access to the car a level down. It’s nicer that mine are older now and can handle their own bags for the most part, but early on I’d sometimes be solo with bags/kids and the helping hand of a friendly CM was welcome.

- I spend enough of my real life flying somewhere and hopping in an Uber... sometimes the whimsical nature of the service is fun/different/a nice change.

Guess I'm blabbering on a lot justifying wasting money, but hey... just one perspective. :-)

Okay, I'm right there with you! No way I can even pretend to justify however, I just booked it for our arrival night next Friday! I'm going to surprise the rest of the fam. When Signature Services said they would be waiting in baggage wearing their polka dots I got a little teary. 🥲 YES I know I have problems. 😂

There is no public phone number available for any of the Front desk locations at the resorts. Could you share a few more details that we might make suggestions as to your options?

Dave

My wife and I have stayed in every standard room in Tower Club, so I figured I would chime in to give you some info.

Like GADisneyDad14 said, neither of the King rooms are accessible. Getting into the bathroom would be very difficult and the beds are higher. They are very spacious, just a little smaller then the 2 Queen rooms. It does have room for a coach, they have just chosen to make it sleep only 2 (like the Garden Cottages at BWI).

With the 2 Queen rooms, there are 3 total. The 2 on the Bay Lake side are not accessible (similar to the King rooms, but with the 2 beds instead of 1). The Theme Park view room is accessible. It has lowered beds, a walk-in open shower with seating. It also has a mechanical door that opens out instead of in that holds itself open for about 30 seconds. It’s a very nice room, and we have always hated staying in it because we didn’t want to take it away from some one who needed it.

Hi Wilfred, my family is taking a "once in a lifetime" CL trip to CR and I was wondering if I could DM you a question in regards to the tower rooms. I understand keeping your info sacred, I would just love your personal opinion on how to make it a special trip for my mom. Thank you :)

Hi! What is the best way to go about requesting a room? I am going to Poly in early Feb with a standard room booked. I looked at touring plans and found a few rooms that I would like, however would it be better to just request using broader terms? Third floor, NON-connecting? Call/fax? None of these options are available online.

Hi! What is the best way to go about requesting a room? I am going to Poly in early Feb with a standard room booked. I looked at touring plans and found a few rooms that I would like, however would it be better to just request using broader terms? Third floor, NON-connecting? Call/fax? None of these options are available online.
Call Disney and ask to have your request noted on your reservation. Disney online options are very limited. You may want to add “away from construction” as well.

You can also ask when you arrive. They will look and see what rooms are available and help you find the best option.

Last edited:
Hi Wilfred, my family is taking a "once in a lifetime" CL trip to CR and I was wondering if I could DM you a question in regards to the tower rooms. I understand keeping your info sacred, I would just love your personal opinion on how to make it a special trip for my mom. Thank you :)
Sure, shoot it over.

I know your question wasn't directed at me, and I can understand/appreciate why the prior poster has their perspective, but I just wanted to say that I have a bit of a different view on the topic. I find the shared experiences of all of us in our CL travels particularly valuable and see minimal downside in public visibility into the CL experience or different room types - especially given the fact there is so little quality/current CL info out there in general. Add to that certain resort rooms/situations like Tower Club which is a bit more niche/mostly room types which up until 2020 weren't even bookable online, I've always appreciated that places like this can help unlock some of the mystery.

Anyway - best of luck planning your special trip, hope you enjoy CR CL! Happy to answer any questions.

I assume you mean a non-Club Level room? Just making sure since this is the Club Level thread.

I'm stuck and am inherently wishy washy. We are renting DVC points and if we can snag one, an AKL CL 1 BR villa. Otherwise, we will go to VGF.

None of us really want to stay at AKL. Cl is the only thing that makes it appealing. However, now I've read the Villas are a trek to the lounge and may not be Savannah view.

Should I just scrap AKL or is CL there for a villa really worth it.
the lounge is on the SAME FLOOR as the DVC club level rooms (6th). So, the “trek” is literally less than a minute. So, don’t worry about that.
Now the view is not great IMO but if staying on points then it is worth it to ME because there are so many places to look out over the savannah.

If you don’t find AKL appealing then I would say scrap it because the draw is the “animals”.

Now, if only they would add AKL to the Skyliner route…. One can dream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter