Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I need some advice from my CL gurus! I will apologize now for my rambling thoughts and the length.

Traveling party is myself, DH, and DD12. Dates are 11/4 (arriving at MCO around 10:30 PM) - 11/8. Trip falls over a race weekend and the start of Jersey Week, so availability is limited. Last trip was in March for a week at BWI CL.

We’ve never done a split stay before, but might need to based on availability.

We love BWI CL. Love being able to walk to two parks, staff and other guests are always warm and friendly. Rooms are definitely dated, but clean and still work for us.

BWI CL has standard rooms available 11/4-11/6 and Deluxe from 11/6-11/8. Transferring rooms would be weird, but still in the same area and there is also a high probability we might not even need to transfer and I could work something out leading up to the trip.

I have been playing around on the site and was so excited when I saw these pop up, I couldn’t help myself and made reservations. So from 11/6-11/8, in addition to the Deluxe BWI CL, I have

- Grand Floridian Outer Bldg-1 Bedroom Ste-Club Level Access

- Contemporary Resort Theme Park View 1 Bedroom Suite - Club Level

I’m starting to think that the GF is a loser, because I think I recall that it’s really just 2 hotel rooms, and if we are far from the Lounge and have to go to a whole different building, then the value there will be minimal. Plus it’s not even a TPV room. So what am I really getting for that price point?? We have stayed there a few times - TPV in Big pine key and CL in Sugarloaf, so I think I have a sense of what to expect??

CR is super appealing. It’s never appealed to me as a resort because it has always seemed too loud and busy, but being able to walk to MK and watch the fireworks from our balcony…plus the ability to snag that room just seemed so cool. But the price!!

What would you do? Am I thinking about it correctly or missing something?

Would you stay at BWI? Or do the GF? Or CR? Or keep watching and hope I can get one reservation without needing a split stay for such a short trip?

I have plenty of time to decide, but it’s a lot of money to have tied up in deposits.

Thank you for any guidance!!
I would personally drop GF, but that’s just me being not happy with GF CL at that price point they’ve set (if they had BWI service I’d consider it, but they never have). I do love a TPV at CR, and the ability to do MK part of the trip from there would be nice. I would do Epcot and HS on BWI part of trip, AK on move day, and then MK on CR if you wanted to go that route. That’s kind of what we did Christmas 2020 when we did a TPC at CR and then moved to Riviera (except we did HS on move day because we had a car to take over to Riviera and we could just hop the skyliner), we just did all MK and AK at CR and then all Epcot and HS once we moved and it was so nice.

FYI - not 100% but it's almost 100% that room renos at BWI will be underway by Oct/Nov. If that matters to you. Now, even if they are, it may not be on CL floor but just wanted to toss that out there. Fall is their target-ish time for rooms to get going. Though it's very much written in pencil
The renovations are not scheduled until 2023.

I need some advice from my CL gurus! I will apologize now for my rambling thoughts and the length.

Traveling party is myself, DH, and DD12. Dates are 11/4 (arriving at MCO around 10:30 PM) - 11/8. Trip falls over a race weekend and the start of Jersey Week, so availability is limited. Last trip was in March for a week at BWI CL.

We’ve never done a split stay before, but might need to based on availability.

We love BWI CL. Love being able to walk to two parks, staff and other guests are always warm and friendly. Rooms are definitely dated, but clean and still work for us.

BWI CL has standard rooms available 11/4-11/6 and Deluxe from 11/6-11/8. Transferring rooms would be weird, but still in the same area and there is also a high probability we might not even need to transfer and I could work something out leading up to the trip.

I have been playing around on the site and was so excited when I saw these pop up, I couldn’t help myself and made reservations. So from 11/6-11/8, in addition to the Deluxe BWI CL, I have

I’m starting to think that the GF is a loser, because I think I recall that it’s really just 2 hotel rooms, and if we are far from the Lounge and have to go to a whole different building, then the value there will be minimal. Plus it’s not even a TPV room. So what am I really getting for that price point?? We have stayed there a few times - TPV in Big pine key and CL in Sugarloaf, so I think I have a sense of what to expect??

CR is super appealing. It’s never appealed to me as a resort because it has always seemed too loud and busy, but being able to walk to MK and watch the fireworks from our balcony…plus the ability to snag that room just seemed so cool. But the price!!

What would you do? Am I thinking about it correctly or missing something?

Would you stay at BWI? Or do the GF? Or CR? Or keep watching and hope I can get one reservation without needing a split stay for such a short trip?

I have plenty of time to decide, but it’s a lot of money to have tied up in deposits.

Thank you for any guidance!!

CR homer here. BWI isn’t really my jam (although obviously many around here rave about it), GF suites are dreadful (sorry, they just don’t hold a candle to other Disney suite options, in my humble opinion), but CR Tower Club and the newly renovated lounge and rooms are great, in my opinion. I concede CR CL isn’t the best of the bunch when it comes to lounge offerings, but it typically has great CMs, and Tower Club itself is a nice treat given the unique setup there. Big rooms, great views, low guest count, easy access to CMs - that’ll work for me.

Sorry to be negative on GF and it’s usually not my style to be so opinionated around here - I can usually find the good in any Disney thing. But the RPC 2 BR suite we stayed in earlier this year definitely left me with a “not worth it” impression.

Just my $0.02

We took a short (2 night) trip this past week to do the Guardians of the Galaxy AP preview (this was the remnants of a trip we needed to move to July due to my wife's work, which then wasn't an issue, so we decided to do the short trip). Anyway, we had booked the Pirate Room at Caribbean Beach, but to my wife's relief, a room with the AP discount came up at the Riviera, then booked dinner at Topolinos and a dinner at Flying Fish. Both were fantastic. We really like the Riviera, having stayed there a few times, and I wish it would have a Club Level. I think it would be a great fit for the resort.

Last edited:
We took a short (2 night) trip this past week to do the Guardians of the Galaxy AP preview (this was the remnants of a trip we needed to move to July due to my wife's work, which then wasn't an issue, so we decided to do the short trip). Anyway, we had booked the Pirate Room at Caribbean Beach, but to my wife's relief, a room with the AP discount came up at the Riviera, then booked dinner at Topolinos and a dinner at Flying Fish. Both were fantastic. We really like the Riviera, having stayed there a few times, and I wish it would have a Club Level. I think it would be a great fit for the resort.
Could be the first DVC with true CL. I don't really count what they did with converting AKL rooms and the few DVC rooms there with CL access. It's not the same as a dedicated, DVC build with CL. At least to me.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to weigh in! I really value your opinions.

It sounds like I am correct in thinking that I should cancel the GF as there isn’t anything there to make it worth it for us.

I didn’t realize there were 2 CL lounges at CR. Smaller crowds make it even more appealing for me, along with all of the other perks.

I’m sure you all can relate. No matter the cost, you want to make sure that you think it was worth it and you can find the value in it. I don’t think I would walk away thinking that at the GF, but it sounds like I will at CR. But so much for this being a quick, lower cost trip. ;)

CR homer here. BWI isn’t really my jam (although obviously many around here rave about it), GF suites are dreadful (sorry, they just don’t hold a candle to other Disney suite options, in my humble opinion), but CR Tower Club and the newly renovated lounge and rooms are great, in my opinion. I concede CR CL isn’t the best of the bunch when it comes to lounge offerings, but it typically has great CMs, and Tower Club itself is a nice treat given the unique setup there. Big rooms, great views, low guest count, easy access to CMs - that’ll work for me.

Sorry to be negative on GF and it’s usually not my style to be so opinionated around here - I can usually find the good in any Disney thing. But the RPC 2 BR suite we stayed in earlier this year definitely left me with a “not worth it” impression.

Just my $0.02
Planning a special anniversary trip. Want to do CR CL but am getting nervous about the reviews of the food. Stayed there a few years ago and loved. We have stayed Poly CL as well and loved but feel a TPV at CR would make this trip great. Please reassure me the food won’t be that disappointing. We are not picky eaters.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to weigh in! I really value your opinions.

It sounds like I am correct in thinking that I should cancel the GF as there isn’t anything there to make it worth it for us.

I didn’t realize there were 2 CL lounges at CR. Smaller crowds make it even more appealing for me, along with all of the other perks.

I’m sure you all can relate. No matter the cost, you want to make sure that you think it was worth it and you can find the value in it. I don’t think I would walk away thinking that at the GF, but it sounds like I will at CR. But so much for this being a quick, lower cost trip. ;)
If I'm reading this correctly, you're deciding between:

I'm just curious - what is the price difference between those 2 rooms? In 2021, I stayed in a GF 1B Suite Outer Building. CL was not offered at that time due to Covid. My room was in Sago, right outside of Gasparilla Grill, and directly across the marina from Sugar Loaf (the CL building) and closest to the walking path to the MK. My 1B suite was basically 2 connecting GF rooms. Room 1 was set up as a living room with full/queen sofa bed, chairs and a dining table with 4 chairs. Room 2 was a 2 queen room. Both rooms had full bathrooms, closets, etc. I really liked the room, a lot. It was great to eat or hang out in the living room and have the separate bedroom area. The pull out sofa in the "living room" was very comfortable (according to my kids). I've stayed Outer Building CL (Sugar Loaf) before and found the lounge and food offerings to be really good, and the CM's helpful. I believe there are 1 bedroom suites in Sugar Loaf as well, but I'm not sure. Sugar Loaf is a great building location - you walk out of the back door of Sugar Loaf and can watch fireworks at the patio of Gaspy's, with music piped in. Walking path to the MK is right there. The Courtyard pool is directly outside the front door of Sugar Loaf, and it's beautiful. The grounds of the GF are beautiful. It's very pleasant just walking around there, and I often walk the beach all the way over to the Polynesian, just enjoying the walk.

I understand that the Contemporary CL lounge is supposed to be great, with great views. I've never stayed there. I think the reason I tend not to book there is that I find the Contemporary not to my taste. Huge parking lot out front, out back is a lot of concrete, with a terrible pool. Pool has very little shade, is blasted by the sun in the afternoon and is right on Bay Lake which is quite buggy (mosquitos). I find the Contemporary main lobby to be busy and loud.

Again, not sure of the price point involved, but if GF price was lower than Contemporary, I'd definitely choose it, hands down, just based on my own personal preference of what is a more aesthetically appealing location to me.

This might not be the right thread for it but does anyone know why more CL resorts don't have DVC CL available? It just seems surprising that only AKL has it--or maybe that AKL offers it at all?

Thank you! That’s a really interesting take. I agree that the grounds are beautiful and that the property does speak to me more than the hustle and bustle of the Contemporary.

The price difference is significant. It’s about $900 more for the 2 nights CR.

Planning a special anniversary trip. Want to do CR CL but am getting nervous about the reviews of the food. Stayed there a few years ago and loved. We have stayed Poly CL as well and loved but feel a TPV at CR would make this trip great. Please reassure me the food won’t be that disappointing. We are not picky eaters.

I sort of draw the line at reassuring folks when it comes to food since it's soooo subjective. I find the CR CL lounge offerings fine on a basic Disney CL standard level, they just aren't overflowing with abundance or "wow" offerings. To me that's OK, others may have a different take.

To be a little specific with what I mean with that - some lounges have enough going on that you can sort of squeak by as a dinner substitute at times. I generally don't generally have that feeling at CR - it's true appetizers and I tend to want to wonder off for a real dinner. That's not a hard/fast statement, just the general trend, IMHO.

Not sure if that helps. If you like CR as a resort then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Hope you have a great anniversary trip, whatever you decide!

This might not be the right thread for it but does anyone know why more CL resorts don't have DVC CL available? It just seems surprising that only AKL has it--or maybe that AKL offers it at all?
No idea myself but I wonder if AKL having CL DVC rooms has anything to do with their putting DVC rooms on the same level as the CL lounge and having no way to separate them like they did at WL when they converted half to CC

Yeah, CR has two Club Levels - Atrium Club is on the 12th floor and is all standard rooms plus the Garden Wing suites and other CL eligible rooms in the Garden Wing. Tower Club is on the 14th floor and is just for the suites and handful of standard sized rooms on that floor.

The Tower Club/14th Floor experience is relatively unique in terms of Disney CL options and is an arguably different CR experience than the rest of the tower, in my humble opinion. The 14th floor is the only floor that doesn't open to the atrium below, so it is very quiet. The design/style of the floor does not match the balance of the building. The room balconies (and the balconies off the lounge) are HUGE compared to the rest of the Tower. And the suites/rooms themselves are generally oversized and quite spacious. There is way more space in a 1BR suite than you'll know what to do with.

Generally speaking the guest count in the Tower Club lounge is materially less than the 12th floor/Atrium Club and other resort CL experiences. I will caveat that by saying the suites do hold a rather large number of guests and if you happen to be staying at the same time as very large parties that can impact things... but often it's very low key quiet in the lounge. This tends to lend to more accessible CMs and more impromptu fun moments chatting with CMs, fellow guests (if any are around), etc - if you're into that kind of thing.

Frankly I was at GF RPC back in March (only a brief trip, so not really fair to comment) and I found the lounge rather busy. There are plenty of places to spread out to sit/eat/chill... but the food service areas were bustling.

I concede I do like GF as a RESORT more than I like CR as a resort. No doubt CR has about the worst pool on property (my opinion) - but I have spent a decent amount of time there and frankly think it's one of the shadiest pools on property and I have never experienced any bugs. YMMV I guess. GF wins in terms of on-site amenities, IMHO - and now with the walking path it makes that party pretty equal. The CR elevators get due criticism at times - there are times where I find the bustle annoying (especially in the evenings) and then other times where it's a total non-issue. But once you're up on 14 you totally forget about what's going on in the rest of the tower.

An outer building GF suite which requires a hike to/from the lounge is going to be a pretty different experience than a CR suite where it's just steps away. That may/may not appeal to some folks.

If this were me, for a warm weather / heavy pool time trip I may be tempted to lean to GF. If those aren't in play I lean CR.

Sorry, a little TLDR there, but hope it helps from one perspective!

That’s a tough one. I did not have a great meal at the Yachtsmen’s and others have. On the other hand I loved Trattoria al Forno, Ale and Compass and Rose and Crown, others did not. I would judge where you have your special meal on the type of atmosphere and food you like. Don’t go by what others say. I love Italian food, didn’t like Tuttio but love Trattoria. Go figure. Did not like Yachtman and LeCellier but loved Shula’s. Hope this helps

@T.G.I.Friday - You have probably seen these in the past, but in case you haven't, a collection of trip pic reports from recent stays below. One is a 1BR Lake View, but the TPV 1 BRs are the same (just different view).

11/2021 - 1BR Lake View - https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-questions.3414590/post-63561268

11/2021 - Minnie's Holiday Fireworks from CR 14th Floor Lounge - https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-questions.3414590/post-63565035

11/2021 - CR Tower Club Pics - https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-questions.3414590/post-63567903

3/2022 - CR Tower Club Standard Room-King-Club Level - https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-questions.3414590/post-63814129

3/2022 - CR Tower Club Pics - https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-questions.3414590/post-63819007

5/2022 - CR Tower Club Pics - https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-questions.3414590/post-64009357

We did a split stay at CR tower club & YC CL a few weeks ago. Full disclosure, YC is our favorite resort. We are basic meat & potatoes type people. CR food was a little more trendy/ foodie. Breakfast offerings were similar at both (with the exception of the CR’s now famous coddled eggs). The appetizers I tried were very good. CR has sushi which YC doesn’t (I don’t eat it, so can’t say how it is). We like the variety & presentation of the apps at YC better. But that is just our taste. We are really basic eaters. Again, what I did try at CR was very good.

edit to add: they had the Tuscan chicken & pasta in @GADisneyDad14 ’s pictures one night we were there. It was absolutely delicious! I love lamb but sadly, they didn’t have that the nights we were there.

And FYI, I have an Tower Club room reserved again for our September anniversary trip. I am considering doing a regular theme park room instead. But that’s more a “we’re newly retired & should I really be doing CL every trip” issue than a CR issue.

Last edited:
Any room requests y’all recommend for a BWI CL ?? We have a standard CL room in September with DH and i plus my 14yo son and his two friends. I’m guessing close to the lounge and elevator. Would LOVE a balcony with water or boardwalk view. Are there specific room numbers or blocks or rooms I should request? Trying to make it as special as possible for the kids

Any room requests y’all recommend for a BWI CL ?? We have a standard CL room in September with DH and i plus my 14yo son and his two friends. I’m guessing close to the lounge and elevator. Would LOVE a balcony with water or boardwalk view. Are there specific room numbers or blocks or rooms I should request? Trying to make it as special as possible for the kids
Ask for near lounge or Boardwalk view. The elevator is far from all of them pretty much. I did have a room on furthest end from lounge but it was nice with a partial Epcot view.

You can't have close to lounge and elevator. The elevator is not close to the CL area.

Odd numbered rooms are on the water side. Lower numbers are closer to ESPN end of the building. We had the next to the last room last weekend. At first I didn't think I'd like it, not seeing anything but we had a spectacular view of Epcot fireworks. Could see all of them from the balcony, totally unobstructed. Saw the tops of the water sprays but not enough to count. It wasn't really all that long a walk to the lounge since it's positioned in the middle of the CL floor.

So in our case I'd request odd number close to the lounge

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter