Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Just got a mailing today from signature services about our upcoming February trip. It says that they can book the VIP tour for us. Early posts mention I should call the tour number to book. Anyone do this recently and thoughts on best way to secure the VIP tour? Thanks

You can reach out to DSS now & discuss what you want booked. They will book it when your window opens. You don’t have to wait until your date to contact DSS. Speak to them ahead of time so they can be ready to book right away. ,

Yes! Going the end of Jan so I am hoping those that will be there before will give a review.
Very curious about the food selection....wonder if the theme of the hotel will influence the types of foods....and wine. lol.

When we were there last the food did match the Spanish style of the hotel. I remember we had mussels and jackfruit tacos one night, not my fav tho.

The snacks were surprisingly my favorite part! The pan con tomate, the banana sunflower-butter toasts, the cheese and pepperochini toasts, and the chocolate toasts were all SO good. I’m worried that they won’t be returning as the snacks in the other lounges have changed to prepackaged grab and go options.

I will be there in about 4 weeks, hopefully we have some reports before then!

You can reach out to DSS now & discuss what you want booked. They will book it when your window opens. You don’t have to wait until your date to contact DSS. Speak to them ahead of time so they can be ready to book right away. ,
This is new - at least to me, or I’ve been very unlucky with the SS CMs I’ve communicated with via email and phone in the past. I’ve been able to ascertain when I can call to book my tours and what the price will be, but I’ve always had to call on the day in order to book them. That’s a great perk.

This is new - at least to me, or I’ve been very unlucky with the SS CMs I’ve communicated with via email and phone in the past. I’ve been able to ascertain when I can call to book my tours and what the price will be, but I’ve always had to call on the day in order to book them. That’s a great perk.

That’s a big selling point of booking club level…. extra service & having CMs available to help with booking things. I haven’t been CL yet since the reopenings, so I can’t say if anything has changed. Note tho: DSS opens at 9. ADR bookings open at 6 (or earlier), so some people do prefer to book things themselves at 6 instead of waiting for DSS to open.

I can’t imagine why DSS would even exist if it wasn’t to help make ADRs etc.

That’s a big selling point of booking club level…. extra service & having CMs available to help with booking things. I haven’t been CL yet since the reopenings, so I can’t say if anything has changed. Note tho: DSS opens at 9. ADR bookings open at 6 (or earlier), so some people do prefer to book things themselves at 6 instead of waiting for DSS to open.

I can’t imagine why DSS would even exist if it wasn’t to help make ADRs etc.

Since we were on hold with DSS for over two hours this morning - called right at 9 - before having to give up, I'd say this isn't necessarily a perk of club level right now.

Since we were on hold with DSS for over two hours this morning - called right at 9 - before having to give up, I'd say this isn't necessarily a perk of club level right now.
last September when I called DSS for assistance with booking the fireworks dessert party at MK i was told just book it myself. i gave up on getting help from DSS before our trip and just did it all myself. it was nice having the conceirge while we were at the GF though

Ok, I've been off the boards for a bit because I've been in a bit of a depression lately. BUT I do have a trip coming up end of January in a villa with my dad doing all the Star Wars stuff he's been dreaming about, and finally getting my sister (who has moved my parents in with her) to agree to a sisters trip to WDW. She's never been to WDW, every time she has ever had plans to go either the people cancel, her car breaks down, or some other disaster so she never gets to go last minute. This time it's all expenses paid for her and I want to do it right with CL and all the things, show her the best time.....I just can't decide which CL (I already know GF and CR are out because they are 100% not her scene). I'm at a loss, completely. I know she would adore WL because she's the outdoorsy type (literally has a degree in wilderness leadership), but would hate the transportation, and maybe it's the same ol' same ol' for her since she lives in the mountains. She would love the proximity of the Epcot resorts but I'm afraid none of them really match her vibe, might be able to swing BWI (and I LOVE Its CL) but I'm not sure about YC & BC and I haven't stayed at their CL yet. Poly I now LOVE as a resort but haven't stayed CL yet since it wasn't open in August, It's up there as a top contender. AKL is also a top contender, I know she'd love the style and seeing the animals, but she might have issues with the CL food (I know I did, so yummy, but my tummy was unhappy and that's genetic lol).

So, this is long I know lol, but so far in order of "where the heck to stay" I have: WL, Poly, BWI all tied for first; then YC, BC, & AKL rounding out the bottom as "never say never" choices. I think this is so hard because I want it to be perfect, with my dad he just wanted to be close to HS and Epcot, easy. With her I want it to be just right. I've been 20 times now in 4 years, I should know where that place is, but my brain isn't working :(

A little late to reply here, but IMO for someone who has never been to WDW, I really migrate towards Poly in my head. To me it has more of the overall Disney package - the unique themed resort, the views, the monorail, the fireworks, the best Epcot access among the monorail resorts, the Vacation Kingdom vibe. It’s the quintessential WDW experience that I just don’t get at, say, an Epcot resort, in my humble opinion.

BWI CL may trump all for food and a more adult atmosphere, but Poly CL trumps all for view and vibe. That castle view just always gets me.

No disrespect to places like BWI as it has some major pros too that seem to fit what you’re looking for… I just keep coming back to moments like walking out the back doors of the Poly lobby and getting that straight on view of the castle…. Those are all the feels moments for me that I think can sometimes resonate better with someone with no WDW experience.

Obviously highly subjective though! While many like Poly, there are always some where it’s just not their jam, and that’s OK too.

As far a the CL part… the lounge will be brand new and is pretty awesome. We’ll need to wait to see what offerings are like, but pre-COVID Poly CL was actually going pretty strong (again, in my humble opinion). Poly CL is the largest room count of the bunch and does tend to have some periods of ebb/flow crowds (as most CLs do) and a tendency to attract lots of families with younger ones. I personally don’t think that’s enough to factor into decision making as it’s Disney and there will be kids/families in every lounge - but arguably places like BWI CL may appeal to traveling adults perhaps more than a place like Poly CL.

Good luck planning!

Not Club Level related but I know many here have stayed at both of the hotels concerned so I hope you’ll forgive the off topicness.
Which pools do people prefer, those at the Grand Floridian or those at the Polynesian? For context, we’re two adults (no kids) and key for us is: not too crowded (I appreciate that’ll depend on the time of day) and loungers to read on (ideally with the option for some shade). A good pool bar with some lunch options would be an added bonus but isn’t vital.

FWIW, I agree with what @mrsap and @Sarahslay posted above completely. Everything about your post says GF pools to me. I sometimes don’t love how crowded the feature pool can be at GF (small seating area, feels cramped on a really busy day) - but the Courtyard Pool just steps away is the quick solution. Good bars at both with servers is key. And those comfy GF pool loungers are :love: :beach: :drinking1

Have a YC CL stay upcoming. Just read that there is exterior refurbishment until Spring 2022. Anyone experience disruption due to this? How significant? Thanks!

Have a YC CL stay upcoming. Just read that there is exterior refurbishment until Spring 2022. Anyone experience disruption due to this? How significant? Thanks!

Gosh, they’ve been working around the YC exterior for what seems like months and months now. (Which is a good thing as I’ve often seen several places of some pretty bad wood rot in spots during our YC stays).

There was some significant exterior work and scaffolding around parts over the summer (like right outside occupied rooms, which to me was crazy) but that’s been gone for awhile. Haven’t been recently so can’t speak to what may be going on now, but hopefully others can chime in.

End of January.
hmmmm I have a friend checking in end of next week, but by the time you go they will be working on something completely different more than likely. I've stayed at resorts while they are doing work on them (AKL, BLT, GF, and most recently Poly) and they usally do a pretty good job of accomodating people. They only really did work while most people are out of their rooms, and were pretty quick about it all. We had people painting on our balcony at BLT which rendered both of our balconies useless for two days, my mom was very upset and complained so we got a room credit (she was nice about it, it is impossible for the woman to ever sound mean lol), so I just say if it's too much of an inconvenience always speak up.

Not Club Level related but I know many here have stayed at both of the hotels concerned so I hope you’ll forgive the off topicness.
Which pools do people prefer, those at the Grand Floridian or those at the Polynesian? For context, we’re two adults (no kids) and key for us is: not too crowded (I appreciate that’ll depend on the time of day) and loungers to read on (ideally with the option for some shade). A good pool bar with some lunch options would be an added bonus but isn’t vital.
Sorry I missed this.

I actually like Oasis pool at poly#1 then GF courtyard pool #2.

The other pools are nice with littles.

I also like you can sit in both pools with an adult beverage.

3rd edit lol. I like the music played at both pools. It’s nice it’s not the kids music as well;

Last edited:
Sorry I missed this.

I actually like Oasis pool at poly#1 then GF courtyard pool #2.

The other pools are nice with littles.

I also like you can sit in both pools with an adult beverage.

3rd edit lol. I like the music played at both pools. It’s nice it’s not the kids music as well;

Does the Oasis Pool at Poly have servers?

I’m going on 3 hours 😒
Smokes! That is not ok. Why are they bothering to operate? 🙄

Hmm- apparently I feel DSS is one of those things that if you can’t do right, don’t do it. THE thing I loved about DSS was I could talk to a person within 15 mins, usually less, when I called. They couldn’t work miracles, couldn’t book anything I couldn’t, they’re practically just a faster line to Guest Services.

*although at least one year they booked F&W advanced reservations. That was awesome.

Smokes! That is not ok. Why are they bothering to operate? 🙄

Hmm- apparently I feel DSS is one of those things that if you can’t do right, don’t do it. THE thing I loved about DSS was I could talk to a person within 15 mins, usually less, when I called. They couldn’t work miracles, couldn’t book anything I couldn’t, they’re practically just a faster line to Guest Services.

*although at least one year they booked F&W advanced reservations. That was awesome.

A cast member did end up answering shortly after I posted. I was hoping she could help me book a fireworks cruise for DD’s birthday during our upcoming trip, but I knew it was a long-shot calling so late!! I did mention to her that I was on hold for three hours, and asked her if there were any plans to make booking cruises/recreational offerings online and she apologized and said they were told they would be adding some recreational offerings to be booked online, but unfortunately, they didn’t tell them when! Hopefully *SOON!*

Last edited:
For a club level experience the Celebration On Top at CG was AMAZING😍

Welcomed with a Bellini

All you can eat appetizers such as shrimp cocktail, salmon, sushi, lobster bisque, and many more!

Full bar! They kept refilling everyone’s glasses too!

After watching the 8pm fireworks desserts were out, I had a grand Marnier and it was served “in the biggest glass I’ve ever seen mom” quoted dd. Honey it’s a brandy snifter lol.

They also give you a glass flute to take home gift boxed!

For $129 it’s the best deal on property! It was truly the funnest thing we have done.View attachment 627917View attachment 627918View attachment 627919View attachment 627920View attachment 627921
Were there food items geared towards kids? Thanks

A little late to reply here, but IMO for someone who has never been to WDW, I really migrate towards Poly in my head. To me it has more of the overall Disney package - the unique themed resort, the views, the monorail, the fireworks, the best Epcot access among the monorail resorts, the Vacation Kingdom vibe. It’s the quintessential WDW experience that I just don’t get at, say, an Epcot resort, in my humble opinion.

BWI CL may trump all for food and a more adult atmosphere, but Poly CL trumps all for view and vibe. That castle view just always gets me.

No disrespect to places like BWI as it has some major pros too that seem to fit what you’re looking for… I just keep coming back to moments like walking out the back doors of the Poly lobby and getting that straight on view of the castle…. Those are all the feels moments for me that I think can sometimes resonate better with someone with no WDW experience.

Obviously highly subjective though! While many like Poly, there are always some where it’s just not their jam, and that’s OK too.

As far a the CL part… the lounge will be brand new and is pretty awesome. We’ll need to wait to see what offerings are like, but pre-COVID Poly CL was actually going pretty strong (again, in my humble opinion). Poly CL is the largest room count of the bunch and does tend to have some periods of ebb/flow crowds (as most CLs do) and a tendency to attract lots of families with younger ones. I personally don’t think that’s enough to factor into decision making as it’s Disney and there will be kids/families in every lounge - but arguably places like BWI CL may appeal to traveling adults perhaps more than a place like Poly CL.

Good luck planning!
Goodness, the boards did not let me know I had this reply......oopsies lol. We finally picked the dates for the trip (Dec. 5-10 2022), and I'm not thrilled with the prices of Poly CL. While I LOVE Poly and all it has to offer, over $1k for it's lowest level room is a bit much for me, hoping for an AP discount when the time rolls around but I know that's not guaranteed anymore. Normally I wouldn't bat an eyelash over it, but I'll be only a week back from a trip to Scotland for Thanksgiving, and we have an ABD arctic expedition trip (with Joe Rhode) booked for that next summer that is PRICEY, so I promised my husband I wouldn't go too crazy (I said TOO crazy, but I can still go a little crazy).

She's also not as much of a "disney person" as I am, so don't know if the castle view thing comes in to play or not.....she might be after this trip though if I have my way lol. She also doesn't have kids, and aside from my kids might not want a lounge with a ton of kids which is why I was leaning more towards BWI CL since I know it was a great one of my last CL solo trip with fewer littles around. I do have kids, but it's always nice to have more of an adult space when on a getaway trip. I'm still wrestling with where to stay, she assures me she'll love it regardless of where we stay, but I'm always looking for that place that is perfect for the trip. I just wish that WL had more convenient transportation, or that BWI had updated rooms and a slightly larger lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter