Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

YOU DA MAN! I appreciate the hard data (3stays, 24 days of FPs just to test!). Like you, I also trust DISers way more than CMs, which is why I always check the stickies.

24 days of Barnstormer (since it’s on the top of the list!). :-)

I always have to re-read the stickies myself as I don’t think about this stuff day to day and sometimes need a refresher. And even the stickies don’t cover every (edit, single) angle/possible combination of guest trip circumstances. Tricky stuff.

Last edited:
How things react with the extra FP 90 day program is less clear / not as well-documented given the much much smaller guest count using the program, and even fewer that report their experiences. It’s also much harder and borderline impossible to test since the booking and cancelling process is laborious.

Generally speaking, there’s no basic reason why it should act
differently than two regular length of stay FP bookings, but you see occasional reports like the PP upthread where DSS ‘had to do something different to book them’, but what that is or why isn’t exactly clear.

So, I would suggest that something like two AP on site stays - one with the program booked, one without - will have regular length of stay FP privileges for both with no issues. If one were to run into trouble, I’d suspect a good DSS CM can escalate it to a level that it gets solved. A single stay with the program would have no issues at all.

Exactly. I have a feeling that the DSS CM who booked my CL FP+ either didn't know how to work the system or made a mistake. I don't understand why it should've been a problem that we had a trip with CL FP+ booked for 12/20-12/27 and then another trip for 2/23-3/2, with only 2/24-26 having the CL FP+. Thank goodness we didn't book them for our entire trip this time, or I would've been even more annoyed! We thought we would only need them for the days right around the Princess Half Marathon and figured we'd be ok later in the week...especially since we have a DAH MK event booked as well.

Exactly. I have a feeling that the DSS CM who booked my CL FP+ either didn't know how to work the system or made a mistake. I don't understand why it should've been a problem that we had a trip with CL FP+ booked for 12/20-12/27 and then another trip for 2/23-3/2, with only 2/24-26 having the CL FP+. Thank goodness we didn't book them for our entire trip this time, or I would've been even more annoyed! We thought we would only need them for the days right around the Princess Half Marathon and figured we'd be ok later in the week...especially since we have a DAH MK event booked as well.

I suspect you may be in very small company as someone who has booked/done the extra program twice in a roughly 60 day period. There must be something about the extra windows and way they have to book these that causes something in your particular set of circumstances, but I’m not sure exactly what that would be.

Just confirming, you had no other non-WDW resort stay FPs booked anywhere in that period?

I suspect you may be in very small company as someone who has booked/done the extra program twice in a roughly 60 day period. There must be something about the extra windows and way they have to book these that causes something in your particular set of circumstances, but I’m not sure exactly what that would be.

Just confirming, you had no other non-WDW resort stay FPs booked anywhere in that period?

Right -- no other offsite trips booked during that period. We have only stayed offsite once in 25 years of coming to WDW, and it was June of 2018...my H had to attend a convention for work, so I tagged along. Was super bummed that we had to stay at the Hyatt in the Disney Springs area...the room was very nice but transportation was a huge hassle IMHO.

We just booked our first club level stay at AKL in August. We are so excited!!! How do I get the extra fast passes at 90 days? Will they contact me or do I have to contact guest services? Can we still get preferred seating for evening shows? Any other tips for a CL newbie...lol!

No prefered seating, they took that away late last year.

You book by calling Disney Signature Services:

(407) 939-7777
disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

The program can be booked 90 days from check-out date (yes, check-out).

There is a summary of the trial program here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ing-anytime-fps-cl-fps.3538258/#post-56320893

And a large discussion thread here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...purchase-program-planning-discussion.3657573/

Some CL guests receive a call from DSS introducing themselves, some get a card, some get both, some get none. Don’t worry if you never hear from them, it happens.

They likely won’t mention the trial FP program, they don’t really advertise it. You’ll need to call in at your 90-day mark to book.

Hope that helps.

We really enjoy AKL CL, hope you have a great trip.

We just booked our first club level stay at AKL in August. We are so excited!!! How do I get the extra fast passes at 90 days? Will they contact me or do I have to contact guest services? Can we still get preferred seating for evening shows? Any other tips for a CL newbie...lol!
You'll be sent a navy blue envelope that gives the number to reach Special Services a week or so after booking your reservation; call them @ 407.939.7777 when your 90 window opens.

On a happier note than my last few posts have been...we just upgraded to a CR 1BR Garden wing suite for the first half of our split stay over Christmas (originally booked a BB in a standard CL room). Anyone stayed in one of these recently? The CM who booked it for me said these suites are amazing.

On a happier note than my last few posts have been...we just upgraded to a CR 1BR Garden wing suite for the first half of our split stay over Christmas (originally booked a BB in a standard CL room). Anyone stayed in one of these recently? The CM who booked it for me said these suites are amazing.

I can't speak for the Garden Wing 1BR suite but we've stayed in a 1BR suite on the Tower Club floor (you may have too, not sure), and from what I've seen they are generally of similar large size, design style, etc. DIS hyperbole aside, I would definitely describe the Tower Club 1BR as 'amazing' and I suspect the Garden Wing ones are just as impressive, just without the tower views.

You'll be sent a navy blue envelope that gives the number to reach Special Services a week or so after booking your reservation; call them @ 407.939.7777 when your 90 window opens.
@Sheri in CT You can also use the above # to call ahead of time to ask questions and get more information. They are happy to give you all your booking dates, that is especially helpful with the CL fastpasses. Have your reservation number ready, they usually ask for it at the beginning of the call.

Not related to the above and a totally different topic, but a more common AP ‘problem’ with the extra FP/90 day program is when someone is eligible to book the program 90 days from check out but their AP is expiring before the trip and it’s before the eligible period to renew. DSS won’t be able to book the FPs because there is no eligible park admission unless the AP is renewed, and at that point it can’t be renewed since it’s before the renewal window. DSS can add a “FP key” which lets them temporarily override the lack of eligible admission media. We had to do this last summer as DW’s renewal window fell in between booking and renewal eligibility. It took a bit of escalating to get through it though.

Oh man, I think we're going to run into this problem, it never crossed my mind until I read your post. My DH and 2 DSs APs expire at the beginning of our next trip, since we're going essentially the same 2 week period 2 years in a row. So if we opt to keep our APs they should renew, which I'm not used to because we've always let them expire and rebought given the amount of time between trips - this year will be different. When can they renew? So there is a work around for this? Our 90 days is the end of March, I wonder if I should be talking to DSS prior to the day I call to book, or wait until then? As an aside, how much is a renewal? It will be nice to make it a little cheaper for once.

I just wanted to add to the discussion about being contacted by DSS. We have a 3 way CL split stay coming up in June that we booked a couple of months ago, and I have not heard anything for any of the 3 stays. No postcard, call, email, etc... Last summer we also did a 3 way CL split and I got one post card for one of the 3 stays. In the past we have stayed CL a decent amt of times (not like some of the regular posters here by any means!), maybe in the 15-ish times range, and have maybe been contacted by mail 3 times total? I've never gotten a call. It's been a mix of CLs also, we've done them all except AKL and GF SL, so it isn't that. So I don't know what triggers the contact, but whatever it is we don't have it o_O! However, I do get AP emails so I won't complain (and I hope I didn't jinx myself! :D)

How things react with the extra FP 90 day program is less clear / not as well-documented given the much much smaller guest count using the program, and even fewer that report their experiences. It’s also much harder and borderline impossible to test since the booking and cancelling process is laborious.

Generally speaking, there’s no basic reason why it should act
differently than two regular length of stay FP bookings, but you see occasional reports like the PP upthread where DSS ‘had to do something different to book them’, but what that is or why isn’t exactly clear.

So, I would suggest that something like two AP on site stays - one with the program booked, one without - will have regular length of stay FP privileges for both with no issues. If one were to run into trouble, I’d suspect a good DSS CM can escalate it to a level that it gets solved. A single stay with the program would have no issues at all.

Not related to the above and a totally different topic, but a more common AP ‘problem’ with the extra FP/90 day program is when someone is eligible to book the program 90 days from check out but their AP is expiring before the trip and it’s before the eligible period to renew. DSS won’t be able to book the FPs because there is no eligible park admission unless the AP is renewed, and at that point it can’t be renewed since it’s before the renewal window. DSS can add a “FP key” which lets them temporarily override the lack of eligible admission media. We had to do this last summer as DW’s renewal window fell in between booking and renewal eligibility. It took a bit of escalating to get through it though.

Sorry, very wordy but hope that all makes sense.

Thank you! That is very helpful.

Just in case it will be of benefit to someone, here is a 'wordy' account of our experience with CL FP+: (Sorry, I seem to only be able to do wordy posts myself. LOL)

I did the CL FP+ program earlier this month on our most recent visit. At the time of booking, I had an 8 day hopper (that I subsequently changed to an AP while in WDW). It was a seamless experience for us and one that I hope to implement again in DEC, 2019.

We booked as soon as possible at 90 days from our departure date. The CM that I spoke with was very pleasant and helpful. I knew what I wanted and he booked it with no issues. He also booked our regular FP+ for the days that we purchased the CL FP+. I was less prepared for that as I hadn't fully considered what I wanted for the regular FP+ program. However, it didn't matter as I was easily able to modify those later as needed.

I really liked the program as it took a lot of stress out of planning for us. That was the primary benefit for us, I think. If getting certain rides in a short period of time is your goal, there the CL FP+ is perfect fro you. It gives access to rides on the very busiest of days when getting the rides you want at the times you prefer could be problematic. It takes all the stress out of planning and hoping for particular experiences. For the price, it will be worth it for some, but not for everyone. WE like a slower pace than this program optimally provides, however, so I would not book it for every day of our trip. For us, I would think every other day would work well with CL FP+, and every other day would then be a more flexible, restful day.

One thing that I didn't like was the inability to modify the rides booked with the CL FP+. This was. just a minor issue, though, and didn't really impact the overall usefulness of the program. The CL FP+ were the usual one hour each, so more time than necessary was allocated between each ride, IMO. WE had booked all our reg FP+ in the morning, so we were able to "fill in" those wait periods with other same day FP+. The CL FP+ didn't interfere with booking more same day FP+. I didn't try calling DSS to get anything modified by them, so IDK if that is an option or not. I thought that morning reg FP+ with CL FP+ booked in the afternoon or evening worked really well.

We had our 'must do' attractions already booked on our CL FP+ days, so on some other days I didn't feel the need to pre book any FP+. Yet other days, I only pre booked one or two headliners that we thought we would enjoy a second time, or had not booked with the CL program.. On those days, we went to the parks and tried a more spontaneous approach - looking for same day FP+ and booking what we could find. On most days that 'same day' approach actually worked far better than I had expected. Only on one day was I unable to get the rides that I wanted at a time that was in the range that I was looking for. I would not opt to do this at a busy time, however. Once SWGE opens, this strategy may be less useful. Time will tell.

I really enjoyed the days with the CL FP+ rides, but they were busier than days when I didn't. We had a total of 6 FP+ booked on those days. Plus I was able to book several same day FP+ after our reg FP+ were finished in the morning. If you want a day filled with excellent rides, little wait and minimal refreshing to get extra FP+, then the CL FP+ is great.

That said, it is an added expense for something that, admittedly with some effort, you can avoid and get the same results. On most days with only 1 or 2 headliner ride FP+ pre booked, we were able to ride everything we wanted with same day FP+. It seems that the most popular rides are the only ones that are truly difficult to get on those less busy days.
The refresh technique worked differently on some busier days, however. The busier the day the more effort that refreshing took to get FP+. On those busy days it felt like I spent a lot of time looking at my phone trying to select rides and modify times. I am older and not a fan of technology, however, so for most younger people it probably wouldn't be an issue. I used such times as waiting in line or while waiting for food in TS restaurants to work on FP+ selections and modifications.
On our busiest day, I did have difficulty getting reg same day FP+, even in the MK, which normally presented no problems for me. Even rides that are typically available, such as Buzz LightYear in the MK, proved elusive.
For me, refreshing did detract a little from my enjoyment of being in WDW. I prefer to be watching my surroundings and engaged with my family than to worrying about modifying my next FP+ window. But I managed by doing it exclusively during times when I was not doing anything of import.

The bottom line, IMO, on CL FP+:

Pros:
stress free planning - you have the difficult to get FP+ rides secured
great for short visits - you are able to do multiple headliner rides with a FP+ all in one day
many 'good' rides in one day for those who like to ride a lot
reduces time spent refreshing, if you prefer NOT to do this
great for really crowded dates in WDW
great for anyone who can't participate in the EMM or DAH (too early/late or not offered for your dates)

Cons:
an unnecessary added expense
not needed on many dates
can make your day feel busier, less relaxed, as you hustle from one ride to another
cannot be modified by you directly in the App
can reduce spontaneity - at least if you get into the 'must ride more rides' mindset like we did. this could be a pro for some people.

For Anyone staying CL - I would suggest trying CL FP+ for at least the three day minimum.

We just checked out of our BWI garden cottage today. These continue to be my favorite rooms in all of WDW...H and I joked that we’d be quite happy if we just moved in there and never left! We were in room 1202. :).

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a good time :wizard:.

I guess I wouldn't be so upset if it only affected DH and myself, but the trip with my Dad is special. I lost my Mom to early Alzheimer's five years ago, so I am trying to make this trip extra special for Dad as a way to celebrate him being finished with radiation treatments and hopefully having more years with me.

:hug:

And it sure does make a couple of BBB appts for my little ones convenient...:rolleyes1

::yes:: :thumbsup2

Thanks for your recent Yacht club review. We are staying there the first part of our trip this April. Four more weeks to go. :dogdance:

Hope you have a great time! Would love to hear all about your stay when you return as I have my first YC stay coming up in June :).

Like you, I also trust DISers way more than CMs

Add me to that group ;).

We are staying YC CL in June (arriving 6/11) and while we aren't doing the extra FPs, I just realized my AP expires 6/7. This is the first time I've had an AP and from what I understand, I can renew on 4/8 (60 days prior to expiration). My question is, if I renew online on 4/8, does it update immediately, making me eligible for FPs 4/12? Also, do you know the cost to renew? TIA :flower3:.

Hope you have a great trip! Enjoy the rest of your planning :goodvibes.

Is there any word on the FP+ paid option continuing? We did a club stay with the extra fast passes in December and it worked well for us. Wasn't planning on returning anytime soon, but my son has become OBSESSED with SW and my soon to be 15 year old is angling for one last trip before she graduates from HS and next Feb seems like a good time for that trip. BUT with the crowds from Presidents Day week AND Star Wars, thinking the extras are the way to go for us, the non rope dropping family...if they're available.

Is there any word on the FP+ paid option continuing? We did a club stay with the extra fast passes in December and it worked well for us. Wasn't planning on returning anytime soon, but my son has become OBSESSED with SW and my soon to be 15 year old is angling for one last trip before she graduates from HS and next Feb seems like a good time for that trip. BUT with the crowds from Presidents Day week AND Star Wars, thinking the extras are the way to go for us, the non rope dropping family...if they're available.
Agreed that using CLFPs is a good value for busy time periods and short trips. It is still a trial program so hopefully it'll still be available next time you go:).

Has one ever just booked the GF SL and just enjoyed the resort, pool and monorail service to other resorts for dinner and never entered the parks? Just relaxed.
Pretty much the way we spent our last trip and GF SL was a part of it too. For a 16 day trip we made ADRS only for Christmas Day and Eve, New Year's Eve, arrival day and a personal celebration. Other days were just what we wanted to do when we wanted to do it. I made a few FPs but they didn't equal anything close to the amount of time we were there. Had two spa days, lots of time wandering around Disney Springs (received a lesson in customizing and applying natural looking eyelashes at Sephora and took lots of pics o' me wearing them since I knew the lessons wouldn't work for the near blind person I am, LOL) and came back decompressed and relaxed. No kiddos went with us and I found that adults can have fun at WDW too:).

Last edited:
Has one ever just booked the GF SL and just enjoyed the resort, pool and monorail service to other resorts for dinner and never entered the parks? Just relaxed.

We haven't...however we met a couple in the RPC at GF that came only for the resort with no parks. When we return in January for Mom's 90th, I know Mom won't go into the parks at all - not sure about everyone else but we certainly saw the appeal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter