Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Sent in my ADR requests to DSS yesterday! We'll see how it goes. I have a grand total of 2, BOG and Citricos. LOL, CL+FW=minimal ADRs. Will probably add 2 more but I'm gonna let the family decide when I surprise them with the trip in a couple months. Like every other person who goes to WDW my fingers are crossed for BOG! (I lucked into a BOG ADR a couple years ago because a month, or less?, out from our trip Disney suddenly opened BOG ADRs during MVMCP. That trip was with a friend but I'd really love for my whole family to get the chance to experience it!)
ETA: speak of the- uh, mouse! I just got an email from DSS saying they've put my requests into their calendar and noted our family allergies. Also- let them know if you have allergies as apparently they can place allergy notes in ressies, although they do say to still let your server know.

Hope DSS is able to get what you want :).

Thank you! I'm getting excited!

:goodvibes

Our stay at Poly CL is coming up fast! Can anyone tell me about the coffee and coffee makers in the rooms? Are they pods? K-cups? Size of the basket? Any information would be great. I know there is coffee available in the lounge but I sometimes like to make it in the room. Thanks!

GADisneyDad answered your questions, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

@karasmom - Are you going to CR in September again this year? Early September is my preferred window to go to catch an early MNSSHP so I've been waiting for firm party dates to be announced. Now unfortunately it requires taking DS out of school a day, which I'm not really in love with doing, so not sure if I can make it work this year.

If our paths ever cross, we must continue the debate of the sad state of the CR pool area ( :lmao: ) in person, at the pool, relaxing and enjoying this nice view! :-)

Ok, I'll get back on topic now. Sorry!

View attachment 223946

Unfortunately no September trip for us as my husband is overseas for a year. The only reason we are going down at all is because of the big cheer competition my daughter won an invitation to.

He will be back in December - I would consider first week of December but there are two big cheer competitions during that time so we can't go on vacation... maybe we can swing January but I doubt that as he will have to be back at work by then.
If my daughter wins an invite again - we are all going back next May... I'm afraid out September trips have come to an end :(

I can't take them out of school for two weeks every year.
We miss lots of days throughout the year (and I am honestly not bothered as long as they remain straight a students).

I can't wait to see what happens. It should definitely be up for refurbishment but then i am thinking they just did the splash pad what? In 2015?

Anyone want some YC CL pics?

Here's the lounge:
YC1.jpg YC2.jpg YC3.jpg

This is where the wine and cordials sit in the evenings:
YC4.jpg YC5.jpg YC6.jpg YC7.jpg YC8.jpg YC9.jpg

View from the balcony sitting area:
YC10.jpg

We kinda fell in love with YC, no lie. We'd always avoided it cause we never liked the theme/atmosphere of BC so we assumed YC was gonna be the same way, but We. Were. So. Wrong.

The CMs who work the lounge are some of the best on property. We never wanted for anything. Everything was always immaculate, the lounge itself was rarely crowded, and the CMs were extremely friendly and wanted to chat a lot. We loved that. It reminded us of CR in that sense. YC really rescued our image of the EPCOT resorts, especially after experiencing BWI CL and being so disappointed in it. When we do any EPCOT-centric trips in the future, we'll be staying at YC and only YC.

Anyone want some YC CL pics?

Here's the lounge:
View attachment 223983 View attachment 223984 View attachment 223985

This is where the wine and cordials sit in the evenings:
View attachment 223986 View attachment 223990 View attachment 223997 View attachment 223999 View attachment 224000 View attachment 224001

View from the balcony sitting area:
View attachment 224002

We kinda fell in love with YC, no lie. We'd always avoided it cause we never liked the theme/atmosphere of BC so we assumed YC was gonna be the same way, but We. Were. So. Wrong.

The CMs who work the lounge are some of the best on property. We never wanted for anything. Everything was always immaculate, the lounge itself was rarely crowded, and the CMs were extremely friendly and wanted to chat a lot. We loved that. It reminded us of CR in that sense. YC really rescued our image of the EPCOT resorts, especially after experiencing BWI CL and being so disappointed in it. When we do any EPCOT-centric trips in the future, we'll be staying at YC and only YC.

Those pics are wonderful! It's crazy how different the lounge looks from when we stayed there in 2013. We love the YC as well, more than BC for sure. We haven't stayed at BWI because of creepy clown pool, but are definitely looking forward to getting back to YC at some point!

And here's my favorite part: the renovated rooms. THESE ROOMS ARE AMAZING.

We were the first to stay in this room, a king bed with a lagoon/pool view. We had a gorgeous Illuminations view from our balcony. Everything in the renovation is top-notch and the attention to detail is on par with some of the fanciest upscale hotels I've stayed in. Lots of leather, brass, and cool understated nautical stuff. The bed was unbelievably comfortable, too. I kinda didn't wanna get up. Lots of USB ports and outlets. Little reading lights mounted in the headboards on each side of the bed. Tons of storage in the closet and shelving areas. A fantastic shower.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:
YC11.jpg YC12.jpg YC13.jpg YC14.jpg YC15.jpg YC16.jpg YC17.jpg YC18.jpg

And here's my favorite part: the curtains! It took me a few minutes to figure it out when I first looked at them, but then I fell in love.
YC19.jpg

@Ewoks :love::love:

:thanks:

It's official, YC will have to wait for many, many years. WAY too nice looking for my kids.

Curious, is there a kids TV area with smaller tables like you see at some other places?

Yes there is a kids TV area! It's in a good location, too, kinda off to the side of the serving area and not out in the main dining room. The little chairs were adorable. Here's a pic:
YCkidsarea.jpg

It is most definitely true, for AKL CL. I wasn't talking about RPC and have never been there. The CMs at AKL were extremely strict about it when we were there last week. You CAN take all the wine you want back to your room but they will ask if it's "to go" and if so they'll give it to you in a plastic cup. This has not been my experience at any other CL besides AKL however.
Our stay at AKL CL in 2015 was very silmilar in that they seemed rather "watchful" concerning the drinks. All beer is served from the kitchen area, so you had to wait outside for someone to exit (there is a button to press as well). They would not allow unopened beer to leave the lounge...so we could not take any back to put in the fridge for later. This, in a "regular" lounge setting is not a big deal, but since many CL rooms are on the 4th floor (lounge on 6th) and quite a hike from the lounge, you would think they would be more relaxed with that "rule". I understand things have changed for the better since then, but our last experience there made us decide to switch to a "new" resort. Last year we booked at GF SL and were upgraded to RPC. I don't think anything could replace THAT experience.

Last edited:
Our stay at AKL CL in 2015 was very silmilar in that they seems rather "watchful" concerning the drinks. All beer is served from the kitchen area, so you had to wait outside for someone to exit (there is a button to press as well). They would not allow unopened beer to leave the lounge...so we could not take any back to put in the fridge for later. This, in a "regular" lounge setting is not a big deal, but since many CL rooms are on the 4th floor (lounge on 6th) and quite a hike from the lounge, you would think they would be more relaxed with that "rule". I understand things have changed for the better since then, but our last experience there made us decide to switch to a "new" resort. Last year we booked at GF SL and were upgraded to RPC. I don't think anything could replace THAT experience.

Yeah I agree. The whole vibe did seem a bit over-watchful about alcohol in general. We spoke to some of the CMs about it and one of the things we heard a lot was that in many ways it was a space-saving thing more than a being-stingy-about-alcohol thing. AKL has SO many food options that they don't have a ton of extra space left over to set out multiple bottles of wine, cordials, etc. They also do several specialty drinks that other CLs don't do, such as their Jungle juice mimosas and two kinds of sangria. Their nightly chef setup took up a lot of additional space too. We didn't mind too much asking for drinks, but like y'all we did hate that we couldn't take an unopened bottle of beer to our room. It's simply too far of a trek from the 4th to 6th floors to make that feasible all the time.

I will say, though, that the only CLs where we've been given UNOPENED beer to take to our room are CR Tower Club and Poly Tonga Suites. Poly's Hawaii building opened them before giving them to us. So did YC, BWI, and WL. We've specifically requested unopened ones at each CL just to kinda "test" them. Everyone but the two I mentioned said they couldn't do it. I guess RPC is the third that will allow it.

I really wish AKL hadn't given away the 5th and 6th floor to DVC. The walk to the lounge from the 4th floor is cumbersome. It cheapens the entire CL experience in my opinion, having CL rooms located on 4 and condos located closer to the CL lounge. I dunno. That was our #1 complaint about AKL CL. Overall, though, I still put it as #2 on my list of CLs because of all the great things there. YC comes in at a ridiculously-close #3. CR Tower Club #1 by 100+ miles (haha).

We've not stayed RPC or at GF in general. We've avoided it but know we'll probably have to stay there at some point simply so we can experience all the CLs on property. We've had some bad experiences with ultra rude CMs at GF and it rubbed us the wrong way. Hopefully when we do stay there in the future they'll redeem themselves though. We love the dining options at GF so we'll bite the bullet someday!

Yeah I agree. The whole vibe did seem a bit over-watchful about alcohol in general. We spoke to some of the CMs about it and one of the things we heard a lot was that in many ways it was a space-saving thing more than a being-stingy-about-alcohol thing. AKL has SO many food options that they don't have a ton of extra space left over to set out multiple bottles of wine, cordials, etc. They also do several specialty drinks that other CLs don't do, such as their Jungle juice mimosas and two kinds of sangria. Their nightly chef setup took up a lot of additional space too. We didn't mind too much asking for drinks, but like y'all we did hate that we couldn't take an unopened bottle of beer to our room. It's simply too far of a trek from the 4th to 6th floors to make that feasible all the time.

I will say, though, that the only CLs where we've been given UNOPENED beer to take to our room are CR Tower Club and Poly Tonga Suites. Poly's Hawaii building opened them before giving them to us. So did YC, BWI, and WL. We've specifically requested unopened ones at each CL just to kinda "test" them. Everyone but the two I mentioned said they couldn't do it. I guess RPC is the third that will allow it.

I really wish AKL hadn't given away the 5th and 6th floor to DVC. The walk to the lounge from the 4th floor is cumbersome. It cheapens the entire CL experience in my opinion, having CL rooms located on 4 and condos located closer to the CL lounge. I dunno. That was our #1 complaint about AKL CL. Overall, though, I still put it as #2 on my list of CLs because of all the great things there. YC comes in at a ridiculously-close #3. CR Tower Club #1 by 100+ miles (haha).

We've not stayed RPC or at GF in general. We've avoided it but know we'll probably have to stay there at some point simply so we can experience all the CLs on property. We've had some bad experiences with ultra rude CMs at GF and it rubbed us the wrong way. Hopefully when we do stay there in the future they'll redeem themselves though. We love the dining options at GF so we'll bite the bullet someday!

Granted, it was back in 2012, but at WL CL, we came home late from the parks one night to find our fridge had 6 of DH's favorite beer in it and a note from the CL CM's telling him to enjoy!! Above and beyond!

He had talked to them the night before about not getting back to the lounge in time from the parks to enjoy a beer.

I really wish AKL hadn't given away the 5th and 6th floor to DVC. The walk to the lounge from the 4th floor is cumbersome. It cheapens the entire CL experience in my opinion, having CL rooms located on 4 and condos located closer to the CL lounge. I dunno. That was our #1 complaint about AKL CL. Overall, though, I still put it as #2 on my list of CLs because of all the great things there. YC comes in at a ridiculously-close #3. CR Tower Club #1 by 100+ miles (haha)
I agree. I LOVE AKL for the overall theme and those savannah views, but something about our last stay there just seemed off. That was our third stay there and each had gone downhill a little bit each time. This last trip was leading into the dreaded CL cuts though. No mimosa's, no specialty drinks...only sangria. We have only stayed CL at AKL and GF so I can't comment on others, but RPC FAR exceeded any expectations I may have had. We will be at GF again in May (SL), so I hope I am not disappointed. Thinking maybe YC for next year...the pics that were posted look very nice.

Last edited:

Thanks so much for the pics! I was excited to see clear pics of the new rooms and they (mostly) don't disappoint. I'm not sure how I feel about the hardwood floors, but time and experience will tell, right? I'm nutty about the curtains as well, but had one question. Were there any other Disney touches in the room? It seems to be the trend with recent deluxe renos to severely limit the Disney touches, and this seems to go on par with that trend.

I'm glad you had such a great stay, and am sad that you had such a disappointing stay at BWI CL, as it was our favorite CL stay out of BWI, BC, YC, GF, and AKL! We couldn't gush enough about it!

Woks, thanks for the pictures! Can you tell me what else is in the room? Is there a chair or couch?

No couch, but there was a nice chair and ottoman next to the window. This was a King room, so that's why there wasn't a couch. Apparently the double queen rooms have one.

Were there any other Disney touches in the room?

Yes, there was a painting hanging next to the bed with a Mickey head and "71" as the name of the ship it pictured. We thought it was a cute touch. That was it though.

Yes, there was a painting hanging next to the bed with a Mickey head and "71" as the name of the ship it pictured. We thought it was a cute touch. That was it though.

Awesome! The touches don't have to hit you over the head, as long as they're noticeable! Any pics of the artwork or chair/ottoman?

Those pics are wonderful! It's crazy how different the lounge looks from when we stayed there in 2013. We love the YC as well, more than BC for sure. We haven't stayed at BWI because of creepy clown pool, but are definitely looking forward to getting back to YC at some point!

Whew! I'm not the only one with clown pool at BWI issues! I mean... it's creepy in the real sense. Any. Other. Theme. Would be great.

I am always so surprised / saddened when I heat about CL being stingy (or whatever word you want to use.
At the CR Tower we repeatedly ask for one think only to be handed several (ask for bottle of beer - receive 3 or 4 to take to the room with us). Ask for a glass of wine? They offer a second to take or have given us the bottle if it was already half empty. Ask for a bottle of water and they hand you several because "the walk over to MK will take a few step"

They have left us dessert in the fridge for our girls when we didn't make it back in time for the offerings...

They really have spoiled / ruined us lol

And here's my favorite part: the renovated rooms. THESE ROOMS ARE AMAZING.

We were the first to stay in this room, a king bed with a lagoon/pool view. We had a gorgeous Illuminations view from our balcony. Everything in the renovation is top-notch and the attention to detail is on par with some of the fanciest upscale hotels I've stayed in. Lots of leather, brass, and cool understated nautical stuff. The bed was unbelievably comfortable, too. I kinda didn't wanna get up. Lots of USB ports and outlets. Little reading lights mounted in the headboards on each side of the bed. Tons of storage in the closet and shelving areas. A fantastic shower.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:
View attachment 224015 View attachment 224016 View attachment 224017 View attachment 224018 View attachment 224019 View attachment 224020 View attachment 224021 View attachment 224022

And here's my favorite part: the curtains! It took me a few minutes to figure it out when I first looked at them, but then I fell in love.
View attachment 224023

Lovely. Really nice. Different from beach club, but it should be. Cannot wait for my trip in May! Thank you so much for the photos. Now I can stop scouring the web to satisfy my curiosity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter