Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

u will have a great time either way, but if CL is within your budget, I'd upgrade. It's been awhile since our WL CL stay, but from reports I've read, it seems to be just as great now as it was then. We want to try a few other CLs before we go back to WL CL, but from these pics, I'm tempted to get back there sooner rather than later ;)

I am going to mull it over. The passholder rate seemed so cheap (cheaper even than AKL!) that I added the dining plan... definitely not going to do both. We also just got back from Poly CL in sept and I didnt take advantage of the lounge like I thought I would. Trying CL again in three days at Yacht. Maybe that will let me know a bit more if CL is for me. I feel like I read somewhere (probably here) that they were offering paid upgrades to CL on check in when available? Has that happened to anyone and if so do they know the price difference? I think it's about $150 a night difference if I changed it now--- i feel I'd get more for my $ with dining since my twins eat like birds but still get charged for those pesky character meals I can't stay away from.

I've searched this thread and found some info on a secret staircase at AKL, so great to know! But my question is: are there any CL rooms near a staircase (secret or not) that leads up to the lounge? I understand the CL rooms are on the 4th floor and lounge on the 6th, which is fine with us if we can easily zip up a staircase. I'm positive everyone will tell me there are no such rooms - lol. In any event, I just changed my WL deluxe CL room reservation to AKL CL, so any info is welcome.

Hi all CL peeps! :wave2: I have a quick question about the current check in procedure at the Poly.

We will be doing a split stay - arrival night at Port Orleans Riverside, then moving to Polynesian CL for the remainder of our stay. We will probably let bell services handle our luggage transfer while we use Disney transportation to get to our 10:30 ADR at the Kona Cafe. We would like to check in after breakfast.

Should we go through the regular front desk check in line, or should we walk ourselves over to the Hawaii building to check in there?

I understand that this procedure has been in flux during recent months. If anyone who has been there recently can help us out about what to expect, it would be greatly appreciated! :worship:

Yes, they let people on the balconies. I really wish I had been there for Wishes one night to check it out. We were in our room one night when it was going off and they were blasting the soundtrack on the resort speakers outside. I don't remember that from our previous stay but that was several years ago.

Not sure I understand your last question but maybe this helps? If not, let me know and I'll try to clarify.

View attachment 208857

You seem to be having a lot of trip anxiety on this one! Lol! Not that you asked for advice, but part of me says to hold off staying here until construction is done. It's not that the construction interferes with the stay at all (it totally does not), but it looks like it's really going to be awesome when it's done. On the other hand, to me it's fun to stay during construction because the resort isn't as full and it's kind of interesting to see. This is a tough call. I will note that not being able to get to the lounge from the lobby elevators is kind of a bummer and the only element of our stay that was materially impacted by construction

I'll also admit that I realized that I have been big-time spoiled by the monorail. Aside from my one night at BC over the summer, all of my trips except for one have been monorail resorts. We waited 20 mins for a bus to Epcot one morning and another 25 mins on the way back - at the time I was cursing WL! I know that's not the end of the world but with our little one those kind of waits irked me a bit. It once again reminded me what a huge benefit it is for the resorts that offer either walkable, monorail, or water access to two parks.

Do you know when they usually release AP rates for April/May? Sometime in Jan?

Oh that does help! Thanks for the extra effort :)

Hi all CL peeps! :wave2: I have a quick question about the current check in procedure at the Poly.

We will be doing a split stay - arrival night at Port Orleans Riverside, then moving to Polynesian CL for the remainder of our stay. We will probably let bell services handle our luggage transfer while we use Disney transportation to get to our 10:30 ADR at the Kona Cafe. We would like to check in after breakfast.

Should we go through the regular front desk check in line, or should we walk ourselves over to the Hawaii building to check in there?

I understand that this procedure has been in flux during recent months. If anyone who has been there recently can help us out about what to expect, it would be greatly appreciated! :worship:
When I was there in July the check in line was huge so I walked to Hawaii and used my MB to get in. I received the room not ready text so hung out in the lounge until it was.

When we checked in in sept, the desk immediately to the right after walking through the front door was a reserved CL desk, and there was a CM waiting to walk us to Hawaii for check in. They seemed to know who we were as soon as we walked in. The sign rotated though like it wasnt always reserved for CL check in. If you tell them what time you are arriving they may be expecting you.

I've searched this thread and found some info on a secret staircase at AKL, so great to know! But my question is: are there any CL rooms near a staircase (secret or not) that leads up to the lounge? I understand the CL rooms are on the 4th floor and lounge on the 6th, which is fine with us if we can easily zip up a staircase. I'm positive everyone will tell me there are no such rooms - lol. In any event, I just changed my WL deluxe CL room reservation to AKL CL, so any info is welcome.

If you are staying in a regular (non DVC) Club Level room at AKL, you will have an Arusha view. The lounge is at the front of the hotel and the savanna the back. If you would request a room close to the lobby, it would be a quick walk down the hall and then up two floors to get to the lounge. It really is not a bad walk. We actually request being far from the lobby (I think the animal viewing is better further down the hall). Our first club level experience at Disney was RPC and our room was 2 rooms down from the lounge. It was so easy to just walk down and get a drink or a snack, etc. The regular club level rooms at AKL are not that close, but we really love the hotel so much that we don't mine the few extra minutes to get to the lounge.

I am going to mull it over. The passholder rate seemed so cheap (cheaper even than AKL!) that I added the dining plan... definitely not going to do both. We also just got back from Poly CL in sept and I didnt take advantage of the lounge like I thought I would. Trying CL again in three days at Yacht. Maybe that will let me know a bit more if CL is for me. I feel like I read somewhere (probably here) that they were offering paid upgrades to CL on check in when available? Has that happened to anyone and if so do they know the price difference? I think it's about $150 a night difference if I changed it now--- i feel I'd get more for my $ with dining since my twins eat like birds but still get charged for those pesky character meals I can't stay away from.

Good luck deciding, although I think you'll have a great time even if you don't upgrade to CL. I remember reading something about paying for an upgrade at check in, but can't really offer any help as I haven't seen anyone doing that, but hopefully others will chime in with information. Enjoy your trip to YC CL :wizard:.

Thanks for the WL CL pics. We haven't stayed at WL CL since July 2015 (the old setup). This made me feel a lot better about our upcoming March stay. We will take pics of the OFC while we are there and post too.

Looking forward to seeing more pics! Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

In any event, I just changed my WL deluxe CL room reservation to AKL CL, so any info is welcome.

I hope you have a great time! We love AKL and I am always reading great things about CL. Can't wait to hear all about your trip when you return :).

Hope you have a great trip. I think I remember your posts from awhile back. Curious, did you put in any room location requests at all? Please report back after your trip!

Hi! I saw this but forgot to respond....we did put in room requests. I asked for a room with a full balcony on a high floor and close to the lounge. We will see how that works out! Any other suggestions?

BTW....love your pics of the new WL lounge. WL has historically been our fave but I was hesitant to stay there this year with all the construction. Definitely on our list for next year. :)

I'm in the Midwest and we had snowfall up north here along with some cooler temps, I ALMOST woke up with a frown, but then realized that I hit my 1 year away mark! LOL! It's the little things right?? 1 year from today we are checking in to the Atrium Club at the Contemporary and ready to begin 10 days of awesomeness!!

If this were me I'd want to check in before your ADR, but that's just me.

But regardless, here's what I would do in your shoes. After Kona, go downstairs and see if that "Club Level Check-In" line that @kcpinwdw describes is open. If so, check in there and hopefully they'll walk you over to Hawaii.

If that line isn't there, just walk over to Hawaii yourself. Your bands may / may not work to let you in. If they don't, just stand there like a depressed puppy dog and wave for the CMs to let you in. :-)

Alternatively if you want to check in before Kona, when you arrive at Poly tell the first person you see you're checking in CL and see what happens! Your experience from there may vary. ;-)

Just curious, what are your plans after check-in? Probably obvious but you likely will have to wait for your room to be available (and your luggage). Make sure to take anything you need for the afternoon. Sorry if you already know that.

Hope you have a great time. Poly CL is my favorite.

Tomorrow is the day!!!!!!!!! Check in at the BWI. I am beyond excited. Had a wonderful birthday celebration with my family yesterday, now getting ready to really celebrate!
Kerry We are here now a d I have to say that I am really impressed with the upgrade of the club level food. We were last here in March and this is such an improvement. I was almost upset that we had a Yachtsman dinner reservation tonight. We certainly didn't need any apps at the restaurant. Can't wait to meet you.

Kerry We are here now a d I have to say that I am really impressed with the upgrade of the club level food. We were last here in March and this is such an improvement. I was almost upset that we had a Yachtsman dinner reservation tonight. We certainly didn't need any apps at the restaurant. Can't wait to meet you.
So happy you like it there. I am up so early this morning and our flight isn't until 12:30! Please say hi to Anita, Linda and Lorenzo this morning for me. We should be at the resort by apps time tonight. If I don't see you tonight will see you tomorrow morning!!!!!

So happy you like it there. I am up so early this morning and our flight isn't until 12:30! Please say hi to Anita, Linda and Lorenzo this morning for me. We should be at the resort by apps time tonight. If I don't see you tonight will see you tomorrow morning!!!!!
Wonderful!! I asked Linda yesterday about you and she said she would point you out to me. I was shocked that at 6:20 this morning they had all the breakfast things out. My niece was happy because she had a really early flight home this morning and they had a chance to get something before they headed home. Safe flight☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!