• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Staying at Atrium Club January 23rd-Feb 1st. I know the odd rooms have a view of the fireworks from the bed. Are there any other requests for certain rooms, some views are better than others, quieter, noisy, etc? Also are there rooms on the 13th floor that aren't on the same level as the club? Thanks!

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

After our beyond amazing stay at BWI we are planning on going back in 2019. The only thing we didn’t care for was the fact we were at the second to the last room in the 4th floor. But that’s the price we paid for staying standard room. Next trip we are thinking of a deluxe room. We also would like a boardwalk view. Hopefully close to the lounge. Now I know I can book the deluxe room and boardwalk view and just HOPE for close to the lounge. Does anyone know where the deluxe rooms are located?

Glad you had a great time at BWI CL. I booked a short trip for May (first time at BWI) and I'm very excited to try it! Hope you have another great stay in 2019 :).

Quick example of how it pays to keep checking for discounts periodically in certain circumstances.

DW and I are heading down to BWI for the Princess Half weekend next month. We booked a month or so ago and discounts were non-existent for a CL room (other than the Garden Cottages), so we booked at the rack rate (>:(). I've been checking once a week or so "just to see" if something would pop up. Didn't have high hopes.

Checked this morning (randomly) and the new Soak Up Some Sun & Fun Offer was available (20%), so I quickly modified my reservation online. I've only paid rack once or twice in extreme situations and wasn't so happy about possibly doing it again here, so now I'm a happy WDW camper! :dogdance:

Last edited:
Woohoo! Just finalized our plans for another club level split stay at AKL and Poly with an extra bonus.. we are doing a 4 day cruise on the Dream concierge level!!! Counting down til May!!

Sounds like an awesome trip! :wizard:

Quick example of how it pays to keep checking for discounts periodically in certain circumstances.

DW and I are heading down to BWI for the Princess Half weekend next month. We booked a month or so ago and discounts were non-existent for a CL room (other than the Garden Cottages), so we booked at the rack rate (>:(). I've been checking once a week or so "just to see" if something would pop up. Didn't have high hopes.

Checked this morning (randomly) and the new "Fun-Filled Escape Room Offer" was available (20%), so I quickly modified my reservation online. I've only paid rack once or twice in extreme situations and wasn't so happy about possibly doing it again here, so now I'm a happy WDW camper! :dogdance:

Congrats on snagging a discount! Looking forward to your review when you return :).

Just a warning... nerd post.

I did this before a few months ago, thought I'd update it here given the new discounts that came out (both the "Fun-Filled Escape" and "Soak Up Some Sun & Fun" offers).

As others commented above, they are relatively weak (although not all that surprising I guess). The Fun-Filled Escape offer seemed to have extremely limited availability in my random searching... but it did tend to pop up more with short (2-3 night) stays.

2018 YTD Discount Comparison.png

Last edited:
So handy! That's so funny that you posted that, @GADisneyDad14...I was just thinking about the chart you posted a ways back that had the different percentages for Club Level discounts as I sit waiting to pounce on any possible AP discounts in the near future! I was going to searching back for it just to get an idea what Disney may offer for late spring, but now I don't need to! :thanks:

It's COLD outside so might as well do a little photo journey through our Poly CL NYE weekend adventure. :jester:

We were there for three nights, 12/30-1/2, so a relatively quick trip. Main point of the trip was to go somewhere fun (and warm) for NYE.

We accomplished the fun part, not necessarily the warm part. :cold::cold::cold: It was our first time at Disney during NYE and it didn't disappoint!

All-in-all, it was a great stay. For various reasons we ended up at Poly quite a bit in 2017 so I find myself finding little things here and there to pick on, but ultimately it's pretty much our favorite CL of the ones we've tried and given our needs/preferences in a Disney resort at the moment. Plus, Poly CL has some significant advantages when it comes to the special holidays such as July 4th and New Years, which I'll get into later.

I booked a TPV room. My only request was a third floor room, which I submitted via e-mail to DSS in advance. I also selected "Balcony" in the drop-down box via online check-in (which is currently the only option available).

We were in Room 3506, which I'm pretty sure I've had before at some point. I LOVE being more on the lounge end of the building, so 3506 and the rooms right around there are perfect in my mind. Got the room ready text and e-mail at 11:39AM, which was nice.

Ahhh....
IMG_1794.jpg

These two palm trees are getting a bit tall!
IMG_1801.jpg

I really try not to be a Bungalow-hater... but they block the view of my beloved EWP! >:(>:(>:(
IMG_2046.jpg

But you get a good enough view off to the left...
IMG_2049.jpg

To be continued....

More room pics...

IMG_1776.jpg

I literally had a different selection of toiletries EVERY time I stayed at Poly this year... :confused3
IMG_1757.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

Bathroom was in good physical shape. My last bathroom was showing a little bit of age, this one was fine.
IMG_1761.jpg

I miss the short-lived daily bottle of water...
IMG_1762.jpg

Impeccable attention to detail... hopefully that at least means someone was dusting it!
IMG_1763.jpg

People seem to always ask about the fridge....Disney did a so-so-job in making this cabinet look OK when they took off the door earlier this year. Some rooms are better than others in terms of visible scrapes, old screw holes, etc.
IMG_1764.jpg

IMG_1767.jpg

I suspect most folks don't touch this stuff with coffee available in the lounge, but maybe I'm wrong?
IMG_1766.jpg

To be continued...

Last edited:
New to me alarm clocks...
IMG_1787.jpg

Pretty cool actually... has the time on a little window on both sides. Note, Mousekeeping was AWESOME during our trip, except this particular photo does show some dust for sure. Looks worse in this photo than I noticed IRL.
IMG_3588.jpg

I'm upset actually, I didn't see a SINGLE person with a robe on in the lounge this trip.
IMG_1770.jpg

I'm trying to remember who it was that was, ahem, commenting about my random pics lately. At least now I can tell you the exact make/model of the iron. :-)
IMG_1771.jpg

The room safe....
IMG_1772.jpg

I don't remember this from prior trips.
IMG_1791.jpg

I also don't remember this sticker on the patio door, but maybe it's always been there?
IMG_1798.jpg

Gotta point out some of the flaws too. Pretty noticeable bit of guest abuse in need of some paint. This is the connecting door, if not obvious.
IMG_1821.jpg

To be continued...

I did this before a few months ago, thought I'd update it here given the new discounts that came out (both the "Fun-Filled Escape" and "Soak Up Some Sun & Fun" offers).

As others commented above, they are relatively weak (although not all that surprising I guess). The Fun-Filled Escape offer seemed to have extremely limited availability in my random searching... but it did tend to pop up more with short (2-3 night) stays.

Thanks for the chart. I agree about the discounts being weak and I also found very limited availability for stays longer than 2-3 days. Seems the percentage off is getting less and less every time new discounts come out :(.

It's COLD outside so might as well do a little photo journey through our Poly CL NYE weekend adventure.

Love the pics, thanks for sharing :flower3:.

The Poly CL lounge does an excellent job with holiday decorations, in my humble opinion....
IMG_2177.jpg

Some more decorations. Breakfast service set up in the background.
IMG_2175.jpg

It really never gets old, for me at least.
IMG_1756.jpg

View from up against the lounge windows. You can see the beginnings of the reserved beach fireworks viewing area.
IMG_2179.jpg

To be continued...

DW

Checked this morning (randomly) and the new Soak Up Some Sun & Fun Offer was available (20%), so I quickly modified my reservation online. I've only paid rack once or twice in extreme situations and wasn't so happy about possibly doing it again here, so now I'm a happy WDW camper! :dogdance:
That’s awesome! I look forward to hearing what you think about the CL there. We only did it once a few years ago and we loved it. It was our first CL stay though. Our Poly CL stay was more recent and our favorite so far so I look forward to seeing what’s new/different. Hope you have a great time!!

Didn't really get a lot of food pics on this trip, but here are a few. To be honest, I wasn't feeling evening apps on this trip. They were pretty much the same as they've been all year, generally speaking, so it's probably more me than anything else.

Breakfast....
IMG_2174.jpg

Quite the display of roast beef. For breakfast. The meat was a chorizo-type sausage on another morning, and I think turkey on our last morning.
IMG_2173.jpg

Shrimp lettuce wraps out mid-day. Also a potato salad, which was new for me.
IMG_3280.jpg

More mid-day snacks. The "Sriracha Fried Chicken Salad" was new to me too. Both the potato salad and chicken salad were ingredients in other dishes that appeared for evening apps (re-using ingredients in the kitchen, I guess).
IMG_3278.jpg

For 12/31, they had a more elaborate display of evening apps, highlited by a Prime Rib carving station. Don't get excited, it wasn't that good, for my tastes. I thought 7/4 was a MUCH better "party" spread than this night, if I'm being honest.
IMG_2682.jpg

That's that chicken salad in the croissants. Maximizing both breakfast and snack leftovers! :rotfl:
IMG_2687.jpg

A nice big meat/cheese tray - bigger than usual.
IMG_3315.jpg

Can't believe I'm about to say this. Some of these small plates are getting too exotic for me... almost like they are trying 'too hard' to be fancy. Sometimes I do find myself thinking back to the basic Hawaiian meatballs and sticky wing days.
IMG_3313.jpg

Basic veggies. In general, they had everything nicely labeled during servings, which hasn't always been the case at Poly.
IMG_3277.jpg

Last edited:
Almost done, just wanted to show some of the setup around Poly and the CL Lounge for NYE....

The beach area from the resort launch dock to roughly the fire pit was fenced/reserved for Poly resort and ADR guests ONLY. This was actively enforced on 12/31 (I am not sure about 12/30).
IMG_2528.jpg

You know it's serious when they pull on the metal fences AND sidewalk tape.
IMG_2541.jpg

Like 7/4, there is also a reserved section of the beach for CL guests. This is the part you see here with chairs set up. They served champagne and hot chocolate on that table. FYI, to the left of the CL area just off pic was the Poly guest/ADR reserved section. The beach area to the right in front of the Bungalows was open to anyone.
IMG_2674.jpg

The view from ground level...
IMG_2539.jpg

Last edited:
And finally... the MAIN reason to stay Poly CL for NYE..... FIREWORKS!

The 12/30 11:50PM fireworks from room 3506. For the late show on 12/30 and 12/31, they use the island launch site in the middle of the 7 Seas Lagoon which makes for an awesome (and loud) show from Poly.
IMG_2098.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

Totally awesome....
IMG_2161.jpg

We watched the late show from the reserved viewing area on 12/31. It wasn't full.
IMG_3148.jpg

So cool...
IMG_3177.jpg

That's it - sorry for hogging the thread for a bit but hope it's helpful. Always happy to answer any questions!

Thanks for sharing your photos. The special fireworks look amazing! I'm in the "hater" camp when it comes to those bungalows. Haven't stayed at the Poly since they blocked so much of the views from Hawaii, although I'd definitely consider staying there for the 4th or NYE. Glad you had a good visit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter