Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hey guys! Would love your advice! So as you know, we have our YC CL stay coming up. In light of the dogs now being added to the resorts, we are seriously considering changing resorts. The only resort available during our time is GF SL. Do you think it is worth it to switch? I know they said that the dogs would be in a different section but there’s supposedly no guarantee and I’m sure my kids would love the pool and the evening apps are kid friendly ( and when I say that I really mean stuff I would actually eat! ) But I know the GF is very nice too, but not sure I would love the CL offerings because I am a picky eater!! For anyone who has been at GFSL recently, can you let me know what some of the evening appetizers were? Also, how did the pools compare? Would you switch?? Thank you so much!
You should check the date of the Beach Pool closure at GF. It's going to be closed starting in November-March at least (people staying at GF received email notifications yesterday).

Hey guys! Would love your advice! So as you know, we have our YC CL stay coming up. In light of the dogs now being added to the resorts, we are seriously considering changing resorts. The only resort available during our time is GF SL. Do you think it is worth it to switch? I know they said that the dogs would be in a different section but there’s supposedly no guarantee and I’m sure my kids would love the pool and the evening apps are kid friendly ( and when I say that I really mean stuff I would actually eat! ) But I know the GF is very nice too, but not sure I would love the CL offerings because I am a picky eater!! For anyone who has been at GFSL recently, can you let me know what some of the evening appetizers were? Also, how did the pools compare? Would you switch?? Thank you so much!

I wouldn't switch, the amount of people who will bring their dogs and pay $75 a day for them to be there will be extremely low. Also it's in a test period so the amount of rooms they'll accept pets in is most likely also very low right now. I would just be very clear to the front desk when you arrive that you want to be in a room that pets are not allowed in and how you feel about this so they know.

I wouldn't switch, the amount of people who will bring their dogs and pay $75 a day for them to be there will be extremely low. Also it's in a test period so the amount of rooms they'll accept pets in is most likely also very low right now. I would just be very clear to the front desk when you arrive that you want

Thanks for your advice! I appreciate it!

You should check the date of the Beach Pool closure at GF. It's going to be closed starting in November-March at least (people staying at GF received email notifications yesterday).

Thanks so much!

We have never stayed at either location, so either one would be an adventure! It is my 40th birthday trip, and grand Floridian was on the top of our list to begin with. We only went with yacht club because our family friends, who we travel with, wanted to stay there this year. We have been torn since the beginning, but now with the dog situation, it kind of pushes me back to one of our original choices. I think the lounge food options would be a factor for me.

We've done several splits between the two (most recent being this summer with BC (same food as YC) and RPC (same food as SL). As far as pools go, we really like the ones at the GF, but they don't compare to the one at BC/YC. As far as the food went, in 2016 we actually preferred the food over on the Epcot side, but this past trip I have to say that the food was better at the GF. There were more options, more services (tea in the afternoon), more nights with a chef plating amazing (really) stuff during the evening apps, and also they had bottles of water we could take to the parks.

Now if the slide pool is closed at the GF that might make a big difference to you. And SL is kind of a small lounge. But honestly if you don't want to be around dogs I'd consider switching if it's that important to you. The other factor is which parks you plan to spend your time at... if it's mostly at the MK, I'd lean towards GF. And if mostly Epcot then you can't beat the YC/BC location.

Good luck with your planning!

We've done several splits between the two (most recent being this summer with BC (same food as YC) and RPC (same food as SL). As far as pools go, we really like the ones at the GF, but they don't compare to the one at BC/YC. As far as the food went, in 2016 we actually preferred the food over on the Epcot side, but this past trip I have to say that the food was better at the GF. There were more options, more services (tea in the afternoon), more nights with a chef plating amazing (really) stuff during the evening apps, and also they had bottles of water we could take to the parks.

Now if the slide pool is closed at the GF that might make a big difference to you. And SL is kind of a small lounge. But honestly if you don't want to be around dogs I'd consider switching if it's that important to you. The other factor is which parks you plan to spend your time at... if it's mostly at the MK, I'd lean towards GF. And if mostly Epcot then you can't beat the YC/BC location.

Good luck with your planning!

Thank you so much!!!!! You’ve made valid points. It’s truly a hard decision. We really need to sit down as a family and see what we really want. :o

No!!!!! o_O LOL those are my only 2 choices! There’s nothing else available!!! :confused: You’re not helping me!! :darth::darth: You don’t know the power of the dark side!!! LOL :rotfl2:

How about something crazy like a Tonga Suite or Tower Club? It’s your big day... go big or go home, right?!

And I’m ignoring that dark side comment. You just wanted another reason to use the Darth Vader emoji. :flower:

How about something crazy like a Tonga Suite or Tower Club? It’s your big day... go big or go home, right?!

And I’m ignoring that dark side comment. You just wanted another reason to use the Darth Vader emoji. :flower:

I'm truly LOL :rotfl2: But you are SO right!!! But like I said, there's absolutely nothing else even available :confused3 It's so close now... like Star Wars Land :darth:
Yeah-I did it again.

I'd switch but I wouldn't stay in any hotel where's there's dogs. I love both club levels but I won't stay at the YC if they continue with this policy. Unless there's a definitive answer about which rooms are going to be used then I'll avoid the resort. We stayed at SL in August and it was fabulous. We love the courtyard pool but also spent time down at the beach pool. The evening appetisers have always been good but have improved since our last stay the previous year. The addition of the chef is a welcome touch and he made some fabulous offerings - I especially liked his small seafood dishes. The hot dishes were really good, skewers of different meats, pasta dishes, pot stickers, soup, savoury potatoes etc. I also like going to the lounge mid afternoon for afternoon tea.

I'd switch but I wouldn't stay in any hotel where's there's dogs. I love both club levels but I won't stay at the YC if they continue with this policy. Unless there's a definitive answer about which rooms are going to be used then I'll avoid the resort. We stayed at SL in August and it was fabulous. We love the courtyard pool but also spent time down at the beach pool. The evening appetisers have always been good but have improved since our last stay the previous year. The addition of the chef is a welcome touch and he made some fabulous offerings - I especially liked his small seafood dishes. The hot dishes were really good, skewers of different meats, pasta dishes, pot stickers, soup, savoury potatoes etc. I also like going to the lounge mid afternoon for afternoon tea.

Thanks so much for your response!!!! I love a chef being in some lounges now! It's definitely a nice touch! Is it true they serve Mickey waffles once in awhile too? My husband loves the GF and of course it would be nice to stay there for my 'big birthday'. The only other thing that might be a problem is if our family doesn't want to move. I think they'd be upset. When my kids get home, I'm going to check out some videos and show the kids and let them decide.

I would call Disney Signature Services for more detailed information on how the pet situation will affect CL guests.

Can I please be put on the list

GF SL 14th November 2017 our wedding night

AKL cl 25-29th November 2017

So excited, I have never stayed in a Disney hotel before. And my partner surprised me with GL SL for our wedding night 14 Nov

Wee question, if your booked into the GF SL are you allowed to check out the CL in the main building also

Can I please be put on the list

GF SL 14th November 2017 our wedding night

AKL cl 25-29th November 2017

So excited, I have never stayed in a Disney hotel before. And my partner surprised me with GL SL for our wedding night 14 Nov

Wee question, if your booked into the GF SL are you allowed to check out the CL in the main building also

Hi there, early congratulations to you!

Unfortunately, SL guests do not have access to RPC - sorry!

Although, if you haven’t already, I’d strongly encourage you to make sure your wedding is noted on your reservation. With that kind of occasion and a one night stay, those are a couple of elements that could help getting a random pixie dust upgrade. Obviously I wouldn’t go in expecting that and YMMV, but you never know!

Have fun!

Thanks so much for your response!!!! I love a chef being in some lounges now! It's definitely a nice touch! Is it true they serve Mickey waffles once in awhile too? My husband loves the GF and of course it would be nice to stay there for my 'big birthday'. The only other thing that might be a problem is if our family doesn't want to move. I think they'd be upset. When my kids get home, I'm going to check out some videos and show the kids and let them decide.

So what did the kids decide?

:chewy::chewy::chewy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter