Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Does anyone have information on the CL offerings at the GF? I'm planning an April trip.
I don't know if it has changed but their afternoon tea was always amazing. Fresh baked banana bread, scones, and clotted cream. That's usually where we stay but I was trying to be more frugal so we are staying CL at the BC this time. I'm sure going to miss tea time at the GF!!!

Are they checking guests in at the club level now or in the lobby with everyone else? When we went to SL last May they were not checking guests in at the concierge lounge which was disappointing. Has that changed? Thanks!

I don't know if it has changed but their afternoon tea was always amazing. Fresh baked banana bread, scones, and clotted cream. That's usually where we stay but I was trying to be more frugal so we are staying CL at the BC this time. I'm sure going to miss tea time at the GF!!!

I liked the Tea a lot. I have not been to the Grand since last August 2015 , but they served Tea then.

Tomorrow is our last day at BWI CL. Overall it's been good, not great. The food? Superb. Honestly, it's really wonderful and on par with the other upgraded CLs. The care they put into planning the menus and themeing them to the resort is obvious.

The garden cottage? It's a very nice room. But it is a HIKE to the CL lounge. It feels like a really bad maze. Honestly, the entire setup of the CL floor is crazy though so unless you have a room right near the lounge you'll deal with the same issues. In-room delivery of packages bought in the parks is very slow, too. It takes two days to get your package. We only got turndown service once, total, which was disappointing. No welcome gift. You have to walk through a designated smoking area to get to the elevators. Mousekeeping leaves behind dirty wine glasses from the day before. We also noticed areas of the room that hadn't been dusted in a long time.

CM interaction has been wonderful from some, lackluster from others. There doesn't seem to be much interest in doing the "little things" we've kinda become spoiled to expect from CR. There are some extremely great CMs there, though, and they make the experience worthwhile.

The lounge is way too small and poorly laid out. Especially now that they're serving more of a real meal in the evenings, it's often extremely chaotic and uninviting. You definitely feel like you should get your food and go, but if you're in a garden cottage it'll be cold by the time you get there. Due to the sheer number of CL guests, items are always empty and needing replenished. The CMs try so very hard to keep up but it's kinda impossible.

Bus service at BWI is atrocious. You have to share with Swan and Dolphin and you are always on a bus that's crowded to capacity or beyond.

Overall, we've enjoyed our visit at Boardwalk, but unless we get an insanely great low rate I doubt we'll be staying at an EPCOT resort again. The negatives just outweigh the positives for us.

Hi Everyone, today is my day to make dining reservations. I decided to use the new signature service to let them do it because I had an early meeting. Was a little nervous because of the changes but already received an email and got reservations for everything we wanted and at the right times. Just thought I would share. Have a good day.

So glad to hear this! :) I'm thinking of leaving it to them as well.

@Dispro1 THANK YOU for sharing those BWI CL pics. :thanks::thanks:

Holy cow, that food looks great! :eek::eek::eek: What a difference a year makes. Last year at this time we were all talking about cutbacks. This year, upgraded food, new DSS, etc (although sky high prices too I guess).

DW is staying at BWI CL with a GF in two weeks for the Princess Half. I may never get her back to a MK resort after that....
It is quite a difference since last year, isn't it??!!
Tomorrow is our last day at BWI CL. Overall it's been good, not great. The food? Superb. Honestly, it's really wonderful and on par with the other upgraded CLs. The care they put into planning the menus and themeing them to the resort is obvious.

The garden cottage? It's a very nice room. But it is a HIKE to the CL lounge. It feels like a really bad maze. Honestly, the entire setup of the CL floor is crazy though so unless you have a room right near the lounge you'll deal with the same issues. In-room delivery of packages bought in the parks is very slow, too. It takes two days to get your package. We only got turndown service once, total, which was disappointing. No welcome gift. You have to walk through a designated smoking area to get to the elevators. Mousekeeping leaves behind dirty wine glasses from the day before. We also noticed areas of the room that hadn't been dusted in a long time.

CM interaction has been wonderful from some, lackluster from others. There doesn't seem to be much interest in doing the "little things" we've kinda become spoiled to expect from CR. There are some extremely great CMs there, though, and they make the experience worthwhile.

The lounge is way too small and poorly laid out. Especially now that they're serving more of a real meal in the evenings, it's often extremely chaotic and uninviting. You definitely feel like you should get your food and go, but if you're in a garden cottage it'll be cold by the time you get there. Due to the sheer number of CL guests, items are always empty and needing replenished. The CMs try so very hard to keep up but it's kinda impossible.

Bus service at BWI is atrocious. You have to share with Swan and Dolphin and you are always on a bus that's crowded to capacity or beyond.

Overall, we've enjoyed our visit at Boardwalk, but unless we get an insanely great low rate I doubt we'll be staying at an EPCOT resort again. The negatives just outweigh the positives for us.
GADisneyDad, I totally agree on how much things have changed in the past year! The food at BWI was really good! I think your wife will enjoy her time there:). Ewoks, my husband and I have always said that if we were ever upgraded to the garden cottage, we would turn it down! Although they're really nice, we enjoy the lounge, and it's just not convenient from the cottages! Honestly, I think the BWI is a great winter resort (especially without kids;)) because the weather is cooler so you can enjoy the BW entertainment (the magicians were great, I thought). We walked to Epcot and HS, so we didn't experience bad transportation although it seems to be hit or miss from reports I've heard. Honestly, I prefer staying in the monorail loop in the summer (GF is my favorite) because MK stays open much later than the other parks and my teen girls are night owls! I also think going to the MK from the Epcot resorts is a bit of a pain. But if you intend to spend more time at Epcot, BWI is great, IMO! I also love SAB at BC! We were lucky to get BWI and the lazy river:). We were RPC regulars for years, but with all the price increases the last several years, we have been tempted at times by other resorts with better discounts and we have enjoyed every trip thankfully. I'm sorry this one was a bit of a let down for you.

We are looking at a "last minute" trip in June so availability is limited. We are torn between Poly CL, WL CL, and BC CL. We did YC CL last time but were not super impressed with the CL staff. We did love being close to Epcot and I loved the YC so we might have gone back there if it was available regardless of the staff. As far as the Poly, I'm not crazy about the Hawaiian theme but my 7yo wanted to go to Disney or Hawaii so this is almost like the best of both worlds.

Any advice that would sway us either way? Thanks!!

Does anyone have information on the CL offerings at the GF? I'm planning an April trip.
We were there (RPC) in November. We enjoyed breakfast everyday while there. If I recall they had, fresh fruit, yogurt parfaits, dry cereal, oatmeal, mini quiche, bagels, toast, muffins, assorted pastries, cheese and meat selections (maybe hard boiled eggs???). There were plenty of choices available. We did not have evening apps (which is sad, now that I think of it) but would usually have a glass (or two) of sparkling wine when we returned at night from the parks. Lot's of dessert choices at night too.

[QUOTE="GADisneyDad14, post: 57122264, member: 522402", our preferred way is just bite the bullet and get up early. We find the excitement/adrenaline of arriving carries us through the day. Plus arguably better odds of being on time, less chance of weather delays, etc. If we can be in the pool before noon, life is good![/QUOTE]

This is how we travel too - our flights are typically no later than 700 am and we usually make Wishes before calling it a night, albeit from our room :)

Try a PM to @pas130 . She the only one I know that has done that a few times.
You know the Pas clan loves the dark side ;)

I think we are heading to Universal for the first time over our Spring Break in April. I'm scared and totally overwhelmed over planning this one...:crazy2: (In a this is not a real problem kind of thing:rotfl2:)

I think this is why I never do this trip because I am so comfortable with my disney planning....

Trying to figure out if CL is the same over there. Anyone have any experience with Universal hotels CL? Or non CL rooms? or even close offsite? And what ticket package do I want? I want to be able to go where I want the 3 park days we have there and have as little wait time as possible:jumping1:

Anyone, any advice from you guys is most appreciated. I will hop over to the Universal forum as well and ask there as well. :thumbsup2
Any of the three deluxe resorts, RPR, HRH, or PBH will get you and the fam unlimited Express (think FP for everything except the Harry Potter rides) three days is enough time to do all of the rides for sure. Hard Rock you can walk to the parks, and all of the resorts have boat and shuttle buses to the parks. I would highly recommend CL, and it's a tie between Hard Rock and Portofino. There is so much to enjoy, if you can book an extra night to enjoy the resort do it. @natebenma from the BC/YC thread did some great TR from Universal with CL pics.

If I could break down theming...Royal Pacific is a Polynesian/Island Theme
Hard Rock is more of a Beach Club vibe
Portofino is all Italy and that's the Universal flagship resort.

Sorry to hijack the WDW CL thread, but I say book CL :)

@Dispro1 YAY on an excellent BWI CL trip!!! We will be in a garden cottage very soon (I didn't even regret the switch from Tonga), I know DH will love it! I hope we get a Sunday Omelette. Thank you for the pics!!

Oh no you switched from Tonga?! But I was looking forward to your trip review from there! Lol, that's ok - I'm the first one to understand switching things around. I had a terribly tough time settling on where to stay in a couple months at Easter. I'm finally settled on a split. First 2 nights at AKL CL. Last 5 nights at GF SL. It was a struggle because the girls and I had our hearts set on GF RPC. BUT the price of RPC at Easter was just too high for us. So it took me a while to get over my broken heart (lol) but I finally realized that SL will be perfect for pool time which we like to do almost every afternoon.

In any event, I agree Sunday omelette station sounds fabulous at BWI CL!

Oh no you switched from Tonga?! But I was looking forward to your trip review from there! Lol, that's ok - I'm the first one to understand switching things around. I had a terribly tough time settling on where to stay in a couple months at Easter. I'm finally settled on a split. First 2 nights at AKL CL. Last 5 nights at GF SL. It was a struggle because the girls and I had our hearts set on GF RPC. BUT the price of RPC at Easter was just too high for us. So it took me a while to get over my broken heart (lol) but I finally realized that SL will be perfect for pool time which we like to do almost every afternoon.

In any event, I agree Sunday omelette station sounds fabulous at BWI CL!
The price of RPC is more than the Tonga suite, it's nuts! There was a few factors. One $$, Two F&G, Three it's Innkeeper's Club and I truly have never seen my hubs so happy at a WDW CL lounge..EVER. We were going to do the first night at either the MCO Hyatt or All Stars, but now I get all the nights at BWI AND save some dinero :)

Great Spring split BTW!

Now trying to talk my husband out of a 7:10am flight. I rather leave the night before.:rotfl2:

I'm in the minority and say go for the night before...lol. We've done it both ways and finally came to the conclusion that adding a night at the beginning of our trips was much more relaxing for us. We take a later flight and don't get in until after midnight, but we find that works best for us. We check in and get to bed and wake up the next morning ready to go. Getting up at 3-4am to get to the airport for a 7am flight just isn't exciting anymore :laughing:.

We are looking at a "last minute" trip in June so availability is limited. We are torn between Poly CL, WL CL, and BC CL. We did YC CL last time but were not super impressed with the CL staff. We did love being close to Epcot and I loved the YC so we might have gone back there if it was available regardless of the staff. As far as the Poly, I'm not crazy about the Hawaiian theme but my 7yo wanted to go to Disney or Hawaii so this is almost like the best of both worlds.

Any advice that would sway us either way? Thanks!!

We've stayed at all 3 resorts, but only CL at the WL (which we loved!). If it were me, I'd go with either Poly CL or WL CL. We thought the BC was nice, but we prefer the MK area over the Epcot area. Poly CL has been getting great reviews lately and WL CL seems to always get rave reviews. Plus the WL CL lounge has just been redone. Good luck deciding :).

I'm finally settled on a split. First 2 nights at AKL CL. Last 5 nights at GF SL. It was a struggle because the girls and I had our hearts set on GF RPC. BUT the price of RPC at Easter was just too high for us. So it took me a while to get over my broken heart (lol) but I finally realized that SL will be perfect for pool time which we like to do almost every afternoon.

SL is great for anyone spending a lot of time at the courtyard pool as it's very convenient for grabbing snacks/drinks while sitting poolside :goodvibes.

The price of RPC is more than the Tonga suite, it's nuts!

:faint: :faint:

I think we are heading to Universal for the first time over our Spring Break in April. I'm scared and totally overwhelmed over planning this one...:crazy2: (In a this is not a real problem kind of thing:rotfl2:)

I think this is why I never do this trip because I am so comfortable with my disney planning....

Trying to figure out if CL is the same over there. Anyone have any experience with Universal hotels CL? Or non CL rooms? or even close offsite? And what ticket package do I want? I want to be able to go where I want the 3 park days we have there and have as little wait time as possible:jumping1:

Anyone, any advice from you guys is most appreciated. I will hop over to the Universal forum as well and ask there as well. :thumbsup2:woohoo:

Any of the three deluxe resorts, RPR, HRH, or PBH will get you and the fam unlimited Express (think FP for everything except the Harry Potter rides) three days is enough time to do all of the rides for sure. Hard Rock you can walk to the parks, and all of the resorts have boat and shuttle buses to the parks. I would highly recommend CL, and it's a tie between Hard Rock and Portofino. There is so much to enjoy, if you can book an extra night to enjoy the resort do it. @natebenma from the BC/YC thread did some great TR from Universal with CL pics.

Thanks for the shoutout!

You can find links to info and pictures of the Portofino CL in my Welcome Foolish Muggles report (2011, so a bit dated)

I have lots of info on Hard Rock CL in the Freezing Florida report.

There are links in the Table of Contents (Second Post, I think) so you should be able to easily find the posts specific to the resorts and CL

We love, love, love the Hard Rock resort and Universal!

:goodvibes

Thanks for the replies so far. I'd love a trip report or details on the Grand Floridian Concierge Level afternoon and evening offerings. This thread is full of great information, but it moves fast!
I would love to comment but since it appears to be changing at the resorts for 2017 my previous visits won't apply. I do find most people on the GF thread don't usually pop over here(i do). Try asking there. Someone either has had or will soon have an update for us.

Thanks Pas! I just bit the bullet and booked last night at HRH, staying in a deluxe room. CL is not available for my dates but I am going to keep checking. Our family is so used to that convenience of having the breakfast options and evening offerings.:)

I've now hit a level of new excitement -- we just paid off our balance way ahead of schedule!! :jumping1: Now to wait a bit more than 30 days before our 180 day window opens for dining! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Awesome! What a great feeling!:dancer:
Thanks for the shoutout!

You can find links to info and pictures of the Portofino CL in my Welcome Foolish Muggles report (2011, so a bit dated)

I have lots of info on Hard Rock CL in the Freezing Florida report.

There are links in the Table of Contents (Second Post, I think) so you should be able to easily find the posts specific to the resorts and CL

We love, love, love the Hard Rock resort and Universal!

:goodvibes

Dee I will be definitely checking out those trip reports now!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter