Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

:earboy2:Can you please add us to the Poly CL July 11-16. We are going all out for our 15th wedding anniversary with our first stay on Disney property! I'm more excited than the kids!!

You've picked a great place to experience your first on-site Disney vacation! :)

Tonight was a lamb stew and some other meat dish. The one veggie dish the other night was Mac and cheese. I think meat eaters may like the change. The evening offerings appear to be heartier and larger portions. Prior stays it was more appetizer type food. The other thing I noticed is that the cookies at dessert were the same the entire week-- chocolate chip and sugar with sprinkles. I missed the oatmeal raisin cookies from our previous trips.

Tonight was a lamb stew and some other meat dish. The one veggie dish the other night was Mac and cheese. I think meat eaters may like the change. The evening offerings appear to be heartier and larger portions. Prior stays it was more appetizer type food. The other thing I noticed is that the cookies at dessert were the same the entire week-- chocolate chip and sugar with sprinkles. I missed the oatmeal raisin cookies from our previous trips.

Is it served to you? I'm trying to envision what it might be like.

No it's the same set up as before. Just imagine a table beside where the food bar is in an L shape. The chef stands there and cooks the items. It's more of a skillet and burner type set up. No major cooking going on. The chef puts out several plates at once and as they are taken the chef dishes out more. You get the hot items from the same place you did before the chef was there. Make sense? We do not spend too much time in the lounge. We have a little one so we typically get a tray and bring food back to the room. We didn't actually watch the chef doing anything other than dishing food out of a skillet onto small plates or bowls. Breakfast, snacks and desserts the table is back against the wall out of the way.

No it's the same set up as before. Just imagine a table beside where the food bar is in an L shape. The chef stands there and cooks the items. It's more of a skillet and burner type set up. No major cooking going on. The chef puts out several plates at once and as they are taken the chef dishes out more. You get the hot items from the same place you did before the chef was there. Make sense? We do not spend too much time in the lounge. We have a little one so we typically get a tray and bring food back to the room. We didn't actually watch the chef doing anything other than dishing food out of a skillet onto small plates or bowls. Breakfast, snacks and desserts the table is back against the wall out of the way.

I'm sure that really cuts down on guests who like to pile their plates high. Money saving for sure. I feel sorry for the castmember who has to stand there for 2 hours though.

We stayed over a weekend and always saw vegetarian options. The picture I posted on the old thread showed 2 of them: tomato bisque and the chick pea bite. Also there was the sweet potato lamb stew. Under the nan bread was a shrimp concoction I wasn't fond of but DH loved. There were tons of grilled veggies as well.

DH loved the cookies and I preferred what they called "granola". It was like a whole grain fruit bar.

I do agree there are very few kids options and the food was never bland. I saw few kids up there eating during the weekend except breakfast.

I'm sure that really cuts down on guests who like to pile their plates high. Money saving for sure. I feel sorry for the castmember who has to stand there for 2 hours though.

I can't find my picture of the chef (he was in white with the white chef's hat and apron). I'm guessing it was too blurry or too dark and I deleted it. Two of the 3 nights he was from Jiko and once she was from Boma.

And no, I did not see anyone piling up plates. ;) I went back for seconds of the chick pea bites and grilled veggies. Oddly very few people seem to eat the veggies and they were delicious! I loved the dried figs and fruit loaf they served with the cheese as well.

The food is very different from our other club experiences. Almost everything had an African or Indian influence. We loved it. I can see it being out of some people's comfort zone though.

I have to say the breakfast quinoa was one of my favorites. I cook it at home for a change from oatmeal now!

Liz

We stayed over a weekend and always saw vegetarian options. The picture I posted on the old thread showed 2 of them: tomato bisque and the chick pea bite. Also there was the sweet potato lamb stew. Under the nan bread was a shrimp concoction I wasn't fond of but DH loved. There were tons of grilled veggies as well.

DH loved the cookies and I preferred what they called "granola". It was like a whole grain fruit bar.

I do agree there are very few kids options and the food was never bland. I saw few kids up there eating during the weekend except breakfast.

I can't find my picture of the chef (he was in white with the white chef's hat and apron). I'm guessing it was too blurry or too dark and I deleted it. Two of the 3 nights he was from Jiko and once she was from Boma.

And no, I did not see anyone piling up plates. ;) I went back for seconds of the chick pea bites and grilled veggies. Oddly very few people seem to eat the veggies and they were delicious! I loved the dried figs and fruit loaf they served with the cheese as well.

The food is very different from our other club experiences. Almost everything had an African or Indian influence. We loved it. I can see it being out of some people's comfort zone though.

I have to say the breakfast quinoa was one of my favorites. I cook it at home for a change from oatmeal now!

Liz

I think that sounds great! I am sick to death of all the little fried appetizers. :D But I can see how some people wouldn't like the change, my teenagers wouldn't touch any of that with a ten foot pole! They are allll about spring rolls and meat skewers. ;)

When do they typically send out the confirmation letter for Club Level. My family switched from the deluxe studio to a garden club level at the Polynesian a couple weeks ago. We are checking in on December 19 of this year.

Everything is moved! :D I am in need of pictures to add for the Beach Club CL rooms post-refurb please. Also I would love some photos of the Tower Club at the CR (14th floor) rooms and lounge... and the new AKL CL lounge chef prepping appetizers. Thank you!
We are staying AKL CL next weekend June 6-12. I can get you some photos of the chef.

Erika the new thread looks amazing!!! :yay: Thank you so much for doing this!!!! :worship:

85 days until we're at the Polynesian in the Hawaii building. I'll be sure to bring back as many pics as possible for the thread. :surfweb: :disrocks:

Thanks for the updates to the AKL lounge. I am so bummed they took away the kids area, my kids loved that area. Maybe it was a food safety thing? I really never saw it monitored and I think it would have been very easy for a child to stick their hand in something then put it back. I know I had to keep a close eye on my children to make sure they didn't do that because they almost did a couple of times, especially with the gummy bears. I also hate to hear about the food changes, I don't eat any meat but chicken and fish but I prefer vegetarian. One night this past September we had salmon pot stickers and quinoa risotto, it was soooo good. I probably had 3 plates of each. Glad to hear they still have the quinoa and breakfast though. That paired with the fried quinoa on top is very good.

When do they typically send out the confirmation letter for Club Level. My family switched from the deluxe studio to a garden club level at the Polynesian a couple weeks ago. We are checking in on December 19 of this year.

I don't know if this is what you are talking about but we are doing a split stay between 2 different club levels and about a week before our ADR day at each resort we got an e-mail from the IPO about contacting them so they can make the ressies for us.

Another WL question: are there windows to view the ELP from the lounge?

I am so excited to be at my 8 day countdown to the BWI CL. Although I think my Dad is more excited than me!

Have a great trip :wizard:.

Some people have reported not getting a welcome letter when they modify their reservation and change to a CL room from a non-CL room, so you may not get one. With that said, you can email IPO anytime with your trip information and any ADRs, etc. you want them to do for you :).

We are staying AKL CL next weekend June 6-12. I can get you some photos of the chef.

Have a great trip :wizard:.

85 days until we're at the Polynesian in the Hawaii building. I'll be sure to bring back as many pics as possible for the thread. :surfweb: :disrocks:

The time will fly by :goodvibes. Looking forward to pics.

Another WL question: are there windows to view the ELP from the lounge?

There is one large window that overlooks the courtyard pool with the lake in the distance, but I'm not sure how well you could see the EWP. Here's a link from the WL FAQ with CL information and a few pics that will give you an idea:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...nformation-thread-2015.3372315/#post-52944255

HTH :)

Thank you so much for the link mickeynut1! I'm not sure how I missed it before. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter