Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Does CBR also run buses to/from DHS & EP in addition to the Skyliner (like AOA) or only do that if/when the Skyliner is down (like Pop)?

I see I see that makes sense. Thankfully the quiet pools are enough for us, but yes getting our luggage and stuff over here...was a walk.
we used Bell Service. Booked it the night before for early 5:15 DME pick up. They take your luggage and you to DME stop.

I stayed at CBR in April, in the Jamaica section. Jamaica and Aruba always had their own bus, and Jamaica would be the first stop for the bus. If you are close to Jamaica, i would suggest waiting at that stop to be confident about getting a spot.
our first MK day we went to Jamaica bus stop, thinking same thing. We have bus servicing our side. But 45 min later and no bus I asked one of the drivers on another bus what happened and he said first 2 busses were full and didn’t come over to this side. But he said it was radioed in and MK bus was coming right behind him. Our next MK day we walked across the bridge to main stop.
The rest of the busses were fine.

What's up with the free style machines? Are they open in the villages?
Also what is the selection? I know coke products but what's the juice/non-soda selection like? Trying to see what I need via instacart....
yes they are!
I hope you love it! It looks like its own private island resort! People think I’m crazy for booking it but I want to feel like I am on vacation so staying at a sprawling island type resort is just what I want! So excited that Sebastian’s has reopened, too! I do have one qualm about riding that Skyliner: nighttime trips on it!
We had an ADR for Sebastian’s our last night. Delicious! They were very good about substitutes too. I’m diabetic so they gave me plain beans not mixed with rice, and for dessert instead of the yummy Bread Pudding they gave me a fruit bowl.
Here now and can hear fireworks. Where can the be seen? Near the skyliner? Riviera?
We could see it from 2nd floor of our building in Jamaica walking around to back of building. Also the boardwalk along pool bar and food court.
Just got back. Jamaica has a freestyle machine, building 43 (behind pool) by room 3508. They need to post signs. I had to google locations and it was still hard too find.
Also in Jamaica 46

What's up with the free style machines? Are they open in the villages?
Also what is the selection? I know coke products but what's the juice/non-soda selection like? Trying to see what I need via instacart....
They have zero Lemonade and Dasani flavoured sparkling waters. Also plain Dasani sparkling water.

Just returned from 2 weeks at CBR. Great stay. All the staff were great. From front desk to housekeeping. Housekeeping came for trash & towels every other day, and 3x for sheet changes. When I had a problem with USB ports not working I phoned housekeeping and someone was by in under an hour to put in new ones. Other than worn out USB ports ( and that was fixed in an hour) our room was in great condition. And I was so glad they kept the fans. I don’t like the AC on freezing so the fan allows me to dial back AC and be comfortable. I had AC on 69. When we moved in it was on 65, way too cold for us! So 69 + fan was perfect.
I‘m afraid when they refurb rooms at CBR the fans will probably go :-( as they have at other resorts.

Sebastians was delicious. Highly recommend. The food court was decent. Except fish tacos was a fail! I just wish they kept the old food court design. It was so atmospheric, now it’s pretty generic looking lacking the character it once had.

Because we were there 2 weeks we had several neighbours and never heard any of them!
Only saw one of those families we hear about and dread at the bus stop. I kept thinking I’m glad they weren’t in my building. And felt sorry for their neighbours. 3 kids that managed to trash the Jamaica bus stop in 20 min. Including ripping down the hand sanitizer pole. And busting the hand sanitizer housing. Shameful.

Loved the Skyliner, but it was August so afternoon shutdowns was expected. Like pools if there’s lightning within 10? Miles its down, so keep a watch on weather.

For the most part busses came regularly. In another post I discussed a MK bus problem. I also had a long wait at AK one day for a CBR bus.
WDW is really short on bus drivers. I noticed a lot of contracted non Disney busses running. For a 2 week stay there we’re only a few glitches, so I’d say it was good service. I don’t expect busses to be perfect 100% of the time.

I wouldn’t hesitate to return to CBR. It was nostalgic for us as it was our very first WDW onsite stay. And we liked it then, and happy to report we still do.

One comment, I think the Riviera detracts from the CBR vibe. I’d cry if they did that to POR.

Last edited:

we used Bell Service. Booked it the night before for early 5:15 DME pick up. They take your luggage and you to DME stop.

our first MK day we went to Jamaica bus stop, thinking same thing. We have bus servicing our side. But 45 min later and no bus I asked one of the drivers on another bus what happened and he said first 2 busses were full and didn’t come over to this side. But he said it was radioed in and MK bus was coming right behind him. Our next MK day we walked across the bridge to main stop.
The rest of the busses were fine.

yes they are!

We had an ADR for Sebastian’s our last night. Delicious! They were very good about substitutes too. I’m diabetic so they gave me plain beans not mixed with rice, and for dessert instead of the yummy Bread Pudding they gave me a fruit bowl.

We could see it from 2nd floor of our building in Jamaica walking around to back of building. Also the boardwalk along pool bar and food court.

Also in Jamaica 46
Dang I wish I Knew. I was in 45. There really should be signs.

Dang I wish I Knew. I was in 45. There really should be signs.
About Bell Service? or Mug refill stations? Yeah, sign or something would be helpful. I had to ask. I was in 45 too, looking out at the patio area. So pretty. We took our breakfast down to eat there a couple of mornings.

About Bell Service? or Mug refill stations? Yeah, sign or something would be helpful. I had to ask. I was in 45 too, looking out at the patio area. So pretty. We took our breakfast down to eat there a couple of mornings.
Refill stations. Yes, we overlooked patio area also Rm 4509. Very convenient to the bridge, skyliner and bus station. We loved it. We will definitely be back. We spent our honeymoon there in 1999 so it was nostalgic to be back with our 18 and 16 year old sons. I had flashbacks of walking across the bridge getting coffee.

Refill stations. Yes, we overlooked patio area also Rm 4509. Very convenient to the bridge, skyliner and bus station. We loved it. We will definitely be back. We spent our honeymoon there in 1999 so it was nostalgic to be back with our 18 and 16 year old sons. I had flashbacks of walking across the bridge getting coffee.
We were in 4548! Great location. I was there last in 2007 when my girls were youNg teens! And had same flashbacks of walking over the bridge in the mornings to fill everyone’s mugs!

Just returned from 2 weeks at CBR. Great stay. All the staff were great. From front desk to housekeeping. Housekeeping came for trash & towels every other day, and 3x for sheet changes. When I had a problem with USB ports not working I phoned housekeeping and someone was by in under an hour to put in new ones. Other than worn out USB ports ( and that was fixed in an hour) our room was in great condition. And I was so glad they kept the fans. I don’t like the AC on freezing so the fan allows me to dial back AC and be comfortable. I had AC on 69. When we moved in it was on 65, way too cold for us! So 69 + fan was perfect.
I‘m afraid when they refurb rooms at CBR the fans will probably go :-( as they have at other resorts.

Sebastians was delicious. Highly recommend. The food court was decent. Except fish tacos was a fail! I just wish they kept the old food court design. It was so atmospheric, now it’s pretty generic looking lacking the character it once had.

Because we were there 2 weeks we had several neighbours and never heard any of them!
Only saw one of those families we hear about and dread at the bus stop. I kept thinking I’m glad they weren’t in my building. And felt sorry for their neighbours. 3 kids that managed to trash the Jamaica bus stop in 20 min. Including ripping down the hand sanitizer pole. And busting the hand sanitizer housing. Shameful.

Loved the Skyliner, but it was August so afternoon shutdowns was expected. Like pools if there’s lightning within 10? Miles its down, so keep a watch on weather.

For the most part busses came regularly. In another post I discussed a MK bus problem. I also had a long wait at AK one day for a CBR bus.
WDW is really short on bus drivers. I noticed a lot of contracted non Disney busses running. For a 2 week stay there we’re only a few glitches, so I’d say it was good service. I don’t expect busses to be perfect 100% of the time.

I wouldn’t hesitate to return to CBR. It was nostalgic for us as it was our very first WDW onsite stay. And we liked it then, and happy to report we still do.

One comment, I think the Riviera detracts from the CBR vibe. I’d cry if they did that to POR.

Thank you for such a wonderful review! There are many reasons I want to stay there, but I keep hearing bad reviews. A positive one makes me feel like I am making the right choice.

Can I get confirmation -- water view can be in Martinique even though its a preferred location?

Yes, I can confirm. At CBR, there are no Preferred Buildings or Locations. Only a room can be designated as Preferred. In Martinique and Barbados there are Preferred, Water/Pool View and King rooms.

Last edited:
Yes, I can confirm. At CBR, there are no Preferred Buildings or Locations. Only a room can be designated as Preferred. In Martinique and Trinidad there are Preferred, Water/Pool View and King rooms.
Sorry but I thought Martinique and Barbados were designated preferred locations. They can have different views. I don’t think Trinidad have any preferred rooms since they’re so far from main buildings.

Sorry but I thought Martinique and Barbados were designated preferred locations. They can have different views. I don’t think Trinidad have any preferred rooms since they’re so far from main buildings.
it’s confusing. There are Standard Locations (Jamaica and Aruba) , Preferred Locations (Martinique and Barbados) and Water View which can be in Standard or Preferred Locations.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!