Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I've searched through several pages and I haven't been able to locate info on the bus loop. The last time I stayed at CBR it started at Martinique and circled around the resort. It sounds like that's not the case anymore - specifically at park open. Does anyone know the current routing? Is there a separate bus for the east and west sides of the resort?

If we wanted to be at the first stop do we still need to be going to Martinique if we're in Jamaica?
When we were there in March at park open it seemed they ran one bus just for Jamaica and Aruba and another for the other stops starting at Martinique.

We were at Aruba but walked to Martinique because I'm obsessive and in my weird calculated disney mind i believe they would generally send the first one to Martinique. - I realize for normal ppl this is not rationalized thinking so you may prefer to just go to Jamaica.

We’re going to DHS on Saturday, May 29. I‘d be great getting to the Skyliner station right after securing a BG. Unfortunately, we’re traveling with extended family for whom getting up and going is a Herculean feat. I’ll be lucky if they get to the station by 8:30.

Honestly, if it was that important to me to be early and they refused, I'd let them know how to get there, tell them to text me when they got to the park to plan a meeting point, and leave them.

Honestly, if it was that important to me to be early and they refused, I'd let them know how to get there, tell them to text me when they got to the park to plan a meeting point, and leave them.
I LOVE the way you think, but this is DW’s brother and his family…enough said? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I LOVE the way you think, but this is DW’s brother and his family…enough said? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Honestly, even if it's family I don't think that means you need to always be together. I love my sister, she is my best friend, but 100% if we went with our families together to Disney, my family would be up early to rope drop because that's how we do it, and they would have to meet up with us once they were awake and ready to move. If I had to wait around for them, it would aggravate me, and I'm sure she would hate it if I forced them to be up at the crack of dawn and ready to go. I would just tell her to text me once they were on their way and we would decide where and when to meet up.

We stayed at CBR last week. I just wanted to pass on some observations. We arrived Saturday, May 1st and left Thursday, May 6th. We got to the resort on Saturday afternoon and our room was not ready until around 3. We ate a snack while we waited. I did notice that the main pool was closed when we passed by it. We were in Jamaica building 43. While we were there the busses did pick up only Jamaica and Aruba, stopping at Jamaica first. There were several times the people waiting at Aruba did not get on the bus due to it being full. We did not start going to parks until Sunday, May 2nd. We went to Disney Springs on the Saturday. The return bus started at Martinique before slowly making it back around. I got off at Port Royal to pick up some water and made it back to the room right after DH & DD, that's how long it took to make it around to Jamaica. On Sunday we went to MK and took a break after lunch. That bus also made the stop at Martinique first. Sunday after our break we went to Epcot and on Monday we did DHS. We were not the first people in line for the Skyliner but we were the second batch through. We made it in plenty of time to be there before rope drop but they did hold people outside the temp checks until about 8:10 am. Tuesday we went to AK and when we returned for our mid day break the bus went straight to Jamaica. The only other time we had to go through the round of stops starting with Martinique was when returning from Disney Springs on Thursday our last day. The Skyliner had a delayed opening on the Epcot line on Thursday. We weren't going to any parks but we did have a lunch ADR for Beaches & Cream. We took the Skyliner to DHS and planned to take the boat to Beach Club, everyone else had the same idea for getting to Epcot that way. The line was supper long in the hot sun so we called an Lyft. Overall the busses and Skyliner weren't bad. I did have a horrible experience with ME on the way back. Our pick up time was 5:15 pm. The lady waiting before us had a pick up time of 4:45 pm. By 5:30 was saw 4 busses do drop off but none come for a pick up. They had to call a cab for the lady that was set for 4:45 pick up. We had to load on the 5:45 pick up. Our flight wasn't until 8:15 so we had plenty of time but the wait and not knowing when was stress full. I can't imagine how bad it will be when Mears takes over totally next year.

How far of a walk is it to the pool from the pirate rooms to the main pool & dining? Also, I thought I read the pirate rooms are in Trinidad. Anyone know what section of room numbers their in?

How far of a walk is it to the pool from the pirate rooms to the main pool & dining?

From the closest part of Trinidad it is a 7 minute walk to the Main Feature pool and Old Port Royal, about 9 minutes from the furthest part.

Also, I thought I read the pirate rooms are in Trinidad.

Correct. Every room in Trinidad are Pirate Themed Rooms.

Anyone know what section of room numbers their in?

They are in buildings 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 and 39. Each building has 32 rooms, 16 on 1st floor and 16 on 2nd floor. So first floor of building 34 will have room numbers of 3401-3416, 2nd floor will have 3433-3432. And so on.

We stayed at CBR last week. I just wanted to pass on some observations. We arrived Saturday, May 1st and left Thursday, May 6th. We got to the resort on Saturday afternoon and our room was not ready until around 3. We ate a snack while we waited. I did notice that the main pool was closed when we passed by it. We were in Jamaica building 43. While we were there the busses did pick up only Jamaica and Aruba, stopping at Jamaica first. There were several times the people waiting at Aruba did not get on the bus due to it being full. We did not start going to parks until Sunday, May 2nd. We went to Disney Springs on the Saturday. The return bus started at Martinique before slowly making it back around. I got off at Port Royal to pick up some water and made it back to the room right after DH & DD, that's how long it took to make it around to Jamaica. On Sunday we went to MK and took a break after lunch. That bus also made the stop at Martinique first. Sunday after our break we went to Epcot and on Monday we did DHS. We were not the first people in line for the Skyliner but we were the second batch through. We made it in plenty of time to be there before rope drop but they did hold people outside the temp checks until about 8:10 am. Tuesday we went to AK and when we returned for our mid day break the bus went straight to Jamaica. The only other time we had to go through the round of stops starting with Martinique was when returning from Disney Springs on Thursday our last day. The Skyliner had a delayed opening on the Epcot line on Thursday. We weren't going to any parks but we did have a lunch ADR for Beaches & Cream. We took the Skyliner to DHS and planned to take the boat to Beach Club, everyone else had the same idea for getting to Epcot that way. The line was supper long in the hot sun so we called an Lyft. Overall the busses and Skyliner weren't bad. I did have a horrible experience with ME on the way back. Our pick up time was 5:15 pm. The lady waiting before us had a pick up time of 4:45 pm. By 5:30 was saw 4 busses do drop off but none come for a pick up. They had to call a cab for the lady that was set for 4:45 pick up. We had to load on the 5:45 pick up. Our flight wasn't until 8:15 so we had plenty of time but the wait and not knowing when was stress full. I can't imagine how bad it will be when Mears takes over totally next year.
What time did you get in line for the Skyliner in the mornings?

Alright friends, we are in our countdown for our trip June 18-27. A few questions I have for those you have gone recently.

1. Did you experience the main pool closing because of capacity? If so, what time?
2. Does the main pool have a wait list?
3. Are the Freestyle machines up and running?
4. How efficient were the onsite food options for you?
5. With the current capacity issues, how challenging was it to park hop, and/or come back for mid day rests?
6. Any last minute things you think I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

1. Did you experience the main pool closing because of capacity? If so, what time?
5. With the current capacity issues, how challenging was it to park hop, and/or come back for mid day rests?

1. No (and I was there Easter week)
2. Not sure
3. In the food court, yes. Haven't heard about the village ones.
4. Good - mobile order was fast and efficient
5. Not challenging at all. Super easy.
6. I'd suggest reading some recent experiences on the "Just back and here now" thread...
https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...riences-including-park-hopping.3807247/unread

Alright friends, we are in our countdown for our trip June 18-27. A few questions I have for those you have gone recently.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Stayed Apr 15-25...
1. No... but there were times it was close to capacity and I think we just missed some times where it was full and got there after spots had opened up. The staff was insanely good at knowing where chairs were available sometimes even walking them to open spots. It was impressive.
2. See above, I think at some points it may have had a list but we didn't run into this problem.
3. I don't believe so but more recent guests will be able to answer that better.
4. Mobile order was great. We did not even eat once at Banana Cabana. Those were the only options on site at the moment. I will say I had a room RIGHT near the Skyliner station and sauntered over to Joffrey's at the Skyliner Station most mornings before the kids even woke up. Super quick and easy for a muffin or donut or cinnamon bun for the kids.
5. We didn't hop but went back for breaks mid-day almost every single day. No real problems but one day we had a 45 min wait for a bus at AK going back mid-day. I wondered if because it was slightly later close to when hopping was opened up to guests if buses were a little harder to come by. EP and HS no problem at all with Skyliner.

We just got back from a stay there on May 8-12th. We actually only went to the main pool once - it was so crowded you couldn't really do anything but stand in line for the slide or just bob in the water. We went to the quiet pool after that, was much more enjoyable. We stayed in Aruba, building 51.

The buses are hard to judge right now, our first bus to AK we missed went by us as we walked to the bus stop an hour and 15 minutes before park opening. It was running at 6:45, the next time we were out there by 6:35 and it didn't show up till 7:10, very annoying. (in the same time we saw 4 MK buses) This first bus already had people on it, so it had come from the other side of the resort - Aruba got the shaft as there was about 6 parties waiting there and no room left, go to Jamaica if you want to be on that first bus. All the other early buses we caught came to Jamaica first.

A cast member broke down the distribution of occupants for the skyliner for us, the first 7 from every location gets to go first to HS (we were 9th from CBR). Didn't know that, so you get to stand there and watch as another 14 parties get in front of you at the station when you were already standing in line for 40minutes, then get to HS and find there's already a few hundred people waiting in line for temp checks and the parking booth hasn't even allowed vehicles in yet. I have no idea what is going on with bus transportation but it all feels off right now. Blizzard Beach is an island, a CM told me the resort loops run still but we didn't see any for a while and just went back to AK - Really hope they change service to BB soon.

I'm not sure why they still have social distancing guidelines at the parks anymore, about 8/10 of the parties behind us took them as a suggestion/not relevant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!