Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I just booked CBR for mid-November 2021. Three adults and a 7 year old. All they had available were pirate rooms which I’m really not thrilled about (But my nephew would probably think is great). What do you think the chances of other room categories opening up? I’d like a room with the 5th bed, but it’s not absolutely necessary. I’d like a room near the Skyliner or at the very least close to a bus stop. I haven’t stayed at CBR in years and the last time I stayed there we had a preferred room. Now I’m really doubting my resort choice.

My other question is can anyone give me a rough estimate of the cost of taking an Uber/Lyft from CBR to DS? The only other transportation option is bus correct?
have you tried calling Disney directly and seeing what is available? sometimes Disney will default to their current offer/discount which isn't the whole inventory.

edit: if you are booked on a discount, you may have to pay more for a non-pirate room

Oh that is a valid point, if I stay at CBR I don’t have to transfer at CBR.
Just wanted to add that in our experience this did not make a difference in terms of loading/getting to DHS first. When we were there (stayed at CBR) we were about 7th family in line at CBR station for DHS in the morning. They eventually pulled the first 8 families up into the que to load and then left the rest of CBR parties in the line outside of the station que. They then brought in Pop/AoA ppl. and brought about the first 10-12 Pop/AoA groups and had them line up parallel to us (the other Pop/AoA ppl. were lined up in the station que.) They then started loading the gondolas to DHS alternating between the qued CBR ppl and Pop/AoA. - A group from the Pop line who ended up boarding to DHS 4th; was joking with another family he was traveling with because they had paid more to stay at CBR mainly to be at the main station and he was making fun of the fact that they were still outside the station waiting in line while they were going to board well ahead of them.

I will say there's an advantage to for Epcot if you plan on walking to the Riviera station from CBR, but I'm don't think there's an advantage for DHS...unless of course they change their protocol.

Which Skyline would get you to HWS for RD quicker: CBR or Disney Rivera? Which Skyline would get you to Epcot for RD quicker CBR or Disney Rivera?
For AK and MK do the bus get you there in time to be ahead of the pack at RD or would renting uber be better?

Which Skyline would get you to HWS for RD quicker: CBR or Disney Rivera? Which Skyline would get you to Epcot for RD quicker CBR or Disney Rivera?
For AK and MK do the bus get you there in time to be ahead of the pack at RD or would renting uber be better?
For DHS you’ll want the CBR station. If you go to Riviera you’ll have to get off at CBR and transfer.
For Epcot I’d go to whichever station is closer. If you get on at CBR you just stay on through the Riviera station.

In our experience definitely CBR station for DHS and Riviera for Epcot.

We were able to get to parks ahead of the pack at CBR by getting on the first bus of the day (in contrast we found this impossible when staying at AKL.) The only issue with the buses is that there's not a line and one morning it was jam packed. We ended up leaving and walking to the River bus stop (only one stop and there was room for a line.)

In our experience definitely CBR station for DHS and Riviera for Epcot.

We were able to get to parks ahead of the pack at CBR by getting on the first bus of the day (in contrast we found this impossible when staying at AKL.) The only issue with the buses is that there's not a line and one morning it was jam packed. We ended up leaving and walking to the River bus stop (only one stop and there was room for a line.)
Which Bus stop? Hoping to request Jamaica

Which Bus stop? Hoping to request Jamaica
This is a little tricky. I'm pretty sure they're (or they were) running 2 different routes for buses in the am. One bus would start at Martinique and go through Trinidad and then hit the parks. I believe the other went to Jamaica and then Aruba and to the parks. I'd either go to Martinique or Jamaica...or if that's crazy busy; Riviera.

Joining in- we hope to stay here in April 2022! (We have stayed at Pop many times, including last week, and Riverside in 2018 with our family of 5.)

Debating between CBR and Pop. I don't love Pop but it's cheap and has the skyliner. For an extra $70/night, looking at next month, is CBR worth it? Solo trip and I do love me some pool time.

I like Pop just fine if I'm going to be in the parks all day and not having any resort time. I'm planning a full resort day on my next trip, so I chose CBR. I like the ambience and pool area better.

I just booked CBR for mid-November 2021. Three adults and a 7 year old. All they had available were pirate rooms which I’m really not thrilled about (But my nephew would probably think is great). What do you think the chances of other room categories opening up? I’d like a room with the 5th bed, but it’s not absolutely necessary. I’d like a room near the Skyliner or at the very least close to a bus stop. I haven’t stayed at CBR in years and the last time I stayed there we had a preferred room. Now I’m really doubting my resort choice.

CBR is so popular right now as one of the few resorts with a 5th sleeper option. I have to stalk to apply discounts or change room categories for myself or clients. If I check every day, I can usually find something though.

I personally would keep looking each day or at least every other day for CBR availability - I initially saw the same pirates room only when I booked a a couple of months ago for November 21-27, 2021. I was shocked that CBR was that booked so far in advance (even with it being Thanksgiving week) and ended up initially booking AofA.

I kept looking 2-3 times daily at CBR availability and was able to snag a preferred CBR room just a few days later!

Might have simply been a lucky fluke, but FYI it is at least possible. Good luck!

My other question is can anyone give me a rough estimate of the cost of taking an Uber/Lyft from CBR to DS? The only other transportation option is bus correct?

Did you check to make sure any package filters were off? Sometimes only Pirate Rooms may be the only one available with a package but without it other rooms show up.

Yes. And those are not currently self service, CMs are serving the drinks.
thank you! we are booked at a standard room and trying to decide if a refillable mug would be worth it for our trip. My fiance is a soda drinker, so we know it will pay for itself quickly. But it feels like Old Port Royale will be out of the way for us most days.

We'll be at Caribbean Beach June 10-14 (beginning of the week, we'll be at Beach Club). Any recommendations on building numbers? I believe we're booked in a standard King room.

We'll be at Caribbean Beach June 10-14 (beginning of the week, we'll be at Beach Club). Any recommendations on building numbers? I believe we're booked in a standard King room.

With a King Room you can be in any building except the buildings in Trinidad as those are all Pirate Themed Rooms. If you want to be close to both Skyliner Stations, Old Port Royal and the Main Feature pool I would request Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51. If you want to be real close to Old Port Royal and the Main Feature Pool but not so close to the Skyliner Stations I would request Martinique 25 or 26.

With a King Room you can be in any building except the buildings in Trinidad as those are all Pirate Themed Rooms. If you want to be close to both Skyliner Stations, Old Port Royal and the Main Feature pool I would request Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51. If you want to be real close to Old Port Royal and the Main Feature Pool but not so close to the Skyliner Stations I would request Martinique 25 or 26.

Touringplans shows that there aren't any kings in Jamaica 45. I am going a few days before you and we are staying in a king room. I am requesting Jamaica, close to the skyliner.

Touringplans shows that there aren't any kings in Jamaica 45. I am going a few days before you and we are staying in a king room. I am requesting Jamaica, close to the skyliner.

That Touring Plans room finder tool is highly inaccurate. when it comes to room types. There are 8-10 Kings in every building (including Jamaica) except Trinidad (Pirate Themed rooms only).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!