Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

So I got my room assignment at 11 pm when we were on the DME.... we were in building 41 in Jamaica. They are sending buses so folks can rope drop... got on the first bus ... just beware of the charter buses picking up from a park. The next bus arrival times are in the resort area of the app and you need to choose your village to see the times... ( at least I had to that.... I couldn’t see times for other villages

We had the same experience back in October, when resort capacity was definitely limited. In an effort to achieve social distancing and to allow room for the drink station set-up, its clear they've removed some inside tables. The majority of the seating is outside, but when we were there, it was quite hot and we frankly didn't want to eat outside. The birds are also a nuisance outside. Once you go out the doors, you also have to walk all the way back around to the main lobby doors to walk back inside the food court if you forget something which is nuts. We ate there twice out of convenience as well, but its not something I'd plan for in the current environment.

We were in Jamaica and got to the bus depot around 7:15 as well. The first bus was due to show up at 8:15 according to the board. By 7:45, there were quite a few families waiting and loitering around so we knew it would be a mad dash when the buses showed up. We wanted to avoid that, so we aborted and went back by our building and called an Uber which worked out well. On a different day, I did see empty buses pulling up to Jamaica and Aruba so I'm not sure if they do sometimes send empty buses to those buildings? But again, this was in October so its possible some buildings were more populated than others.

How much did the Uber cost you? thanks

How is the pool situation there? We're considering a trip in early May and wondering if they've been hitting capacity.

How is the pool situation there? We're considering a trip in early May and wondering if they've been hitting capacity.
I was just there last week (before Easter) and the pools were crowded but I never saw them using a waitlist on the 3 afternoons we were there.

How much did the Uber cost you? thanks
We found Lyft to be a tad cheaper than Uber. Looking at my ride history, all of our rides were in the standard size cars and were anywhere from about $10 to about $13 per ride. Prices will be higher at peak times if surge pricing is in effect, and if you need a larger vehicle.

I usually pull up both and check prices as well and Lyft is almost always cheaper BUT Uber is usually faster (has more cars)

What time should we be at the skyliner for Epcot?
Depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Do you want to be one of the first 20 people in line? If so, no later than 9:20 and earlier is always better. If you just want to be in the park within say 20 minutes after they start letting people in, 9:45 would probably do. If neither of those matter, it really doesnt make much difference.

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Do you want to be one of the first 20 people in line? If so, no later than 9:20 and earlier is always better. If you just want to be in the park within say 20 minutes after they start letting people in, 9:45 would probably do. If neither of those matter, it really doesnt make much difference.
I'd also add, that if it were us we'd just walk to the Rivers station. We were there a few weeks ago and got in line a little aftee 9 for 11 opening. The started loading us arounf 950 - we were 6th in line and were loaded before we ever saw anyone coming over from the cbr station, so if you're wanting to be there in one of the first dozen parties or so, it'd probably be better to go to the Riviera station.

Debating between CBR and Pop. I don't love Pop but it's cheap and has the skyliner. For an extra $70/night, looking at next month, is CBR worth it? Solo trip and I do love me some pool time.

Debating between CBR and Pop. I don't love Pop but it's cheap and has the skyliner. For an extra $70/night, looking at next month, is CBR worth it? Solo trip and I do love me some pool time.
I recently made the switch from Pop to CBR purely because of the skyliner transfer situation and rope dropping.

I just booked CBR for mid-November 2021. Three adults and a 7 year old. All they had available were pirate rooms which I’m really not thrilled about (But my nephew would probably think is great). What do you think the chances of other room categories opening up? I’d like a room with the 5th bed, but it’s not absolutely necessary. I’d like a room near the Skyliner or at the very least close to a bus stop. I haven’t stayed at CBR in years and the last time I stayed there we had a preferred room. Now I’m really doubting my resort choice.

My other question is can anyone give me a rough estimate of the cost of taking an Uber/Lyft from CBR to DS? The only other transportation option is bus correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter