Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Just got back from a week at CBR. Here are my thoughts.

Room
We stayed in the pirate theme rooms. The kids loved the theming. They were a little more cramped that the standard room, which we expected. We had five people in the room, with a crib, and we were still able to make it work. The mattresses are not great. They were not hard, but seems rather soft to me. They are thin, but I slept fine on them. The only complaint about the room is they didn't clean the shower very well and left a glob of pink hair on the shower wall. Location was fine. We knew we were in Trinidad, so it was a bit of a hike to OPR, but it was close to skyliner.

Food
Very disappointed in the food. I don't know if they are limiting resort capacity, but it didn't seem like it. Centertown market was always crowded and difficult to find a table, and the food was ok at best. We ate there a couple times, because there was no other option. We ate at Banana Cabana once, and it took an hour to get a table. Food was a little better here, but it was frustrating to wait so long for a table. It was impossible to get drinks at the bar. There were always 5 or 6 people in line, and it would take 20-30 minutes to get a drink. They would have 2 bartenders max, for BC and the pool goers wanting drinks. We would have bought way more if it didn't take so long. It makes no sense why they would open more options if every restaurant and bar is at capacity open to close. I think it would have been a much better experience for us if spyglass grill was open.

Transportation
I loved the skyliner. That is by far the biggest attraction for this resort. We were able to get to Epcot and HS for rope drop both days. We got in line for Epcot around 9:45 and were one of the first groups on. We were able to ride Frozen and get in line for test track before 11. We got in line for HS around 7:30. We made it over and rode smuggler's run before 9. Great experience with the skyliner. On the other side, the bus system was horrible. We got to the bus stop at 7:15 for MK and the first bus didn't show up until 8:15 and could only fit three people. We had a wait another 20 for the next bus. We got on that one, but there were still many other families waiting. The buses always go to Martinique first, so they are full before they get to Trinidad. I can't imagine catching a bus in Jamaica or Aruba. They need to send empty buses to every stop in the morning, or just have everyone catch the bus at OPR. It was difficult for us to move between bus stops, due to my mother being in an ECV, and having two strollers for the three toddlers. We had the same experience trying to get to Disney Springs, waiting over and hour for a bus. Another family sitting at the stop had been waiting 1.5 hours for a bus to Animal Kingdom. They have had a year of covid to improve this and clearly don't care to improve it. Like others have said, there is no queue at the stops, so there were a few instances of arguing about who got there first, as everyone tried to run to the door when a bus showed up.

Resort
Overall, the resort was nice. If everything was open; I think our experience would have been much better. The only complaints were food options and transportation issues. The kids loved the pool area, and the pool theme is good. They liked playing on the island playground. I wouldn't recommend a pirate room, unless you really have a child that is in to pirates. The resort is large, but just know that going into it, and enjoy the walks.
You should send a complaint about the bus and food situation. Maybe if everyone complains they will do something.

You should send a complaint about the bus and food situation. Maybe if everyone complains they will do something.
We did. We spoke with the hotel manger, who said he didn't really have control over the bus schedule. We called the bus service directly from the stop when there was an issue, and shared the number with other people at the stop, who also called.

We did. We spoke with the hotel manger, who said he didn't really have control over the bus schedule. We called the bus service directly from the stop when there was an issue, and shared the number with other people at the stop, who also called.
Can you share the number? I hope I don't need to call it

I'm not discounting what PP says, but generally, luggage carts aren't permitted to be used by guests. Its a liability, plus it prevents them from being broken or left all over the resort when Bell Services needs them. In most cases, you'll need to be in your room and call Bell Services to have your items delivered, and you'll have to be present to receive them. If you need assistance from your car to the room, you can call from your room and they can come assist with that as well.
Hmmm weird...we've used luggage carts for luggage and groceries on our own many times at various resorts. I've always just gone up and asked and they bring me one...weird.

We haven't stayed at CBR since the massive construction project, and our daughter is going next week. When we have been there in the past, we stayed in Jamaica, as that was always the first stop for the buses going to the parks (they came in the back entrance). Is that still true since the construction? With limited bus capacity, she would like to stay at or near the village that is usually the first bus stop.
That's never been our experience. Martinique has always been first pickup while we've been there; however coming back from AK we stopped at Jamaica first and then made our way around. I do think they sometimes run a bus to pickup just at Jamaica and Aruba in the mornings right now, but otherwise we've always (this year and pre-construction) found Martinique has been first pickup.

Hmmm weird...we've used luggage carts for luggage and groceries on our own many times at various resorts. I've always just gone up and asked and they bring me one...weird.
I'm sure it happens as it would be up to CM discretion depending on how busy they are (and maybe how lazy a bellman is at the moment ;)), but its typical across the industry that guests using luggage carts is generally not permitted. That's not to say it never happens though. Also, bell services also wants to be the one to help you rather than have you do it yourself because bell services are tipped positions. It would be akin to a server having you grab your own ketchup, in a sense.

we are staying here for the first time in a pirate room. I’m starting to get nervous about the bus situation. Can anyone there during a busy time give some experiences? I’m on the verge of changing to AoA. My boys really want a pirate room though so I hope it’s not as bad as I’m picturing

We haven't stayed at CBR since the massive construction project, and our daughter is going next week. When we have been there in the past, we stayed in Jamaica, as that was always the first stop for the buses going to the parks (they came in the back entrance). Is that still true since the construction? With limited bus capacity, she would like to stay at or near the village that is usually the first bus stop.
That is how it was last week. It would stop at Jamaica and then stop at Aruba before heading to the parks. One day on the way to MK, we had the entire bus to ourselves.

we are staying here for the first time in a pirate room. I’m starting to get nervous about the bus situation. Can anyone there during a busy time give some experiences? I’m on the verge of changing to AoA. My boys really want a pirate room though so I hope it’s not as bad as I’m picturing

I wouldn't change resorts, just be aware of the situation and plan for it. If you want to be at MK or AK for rope drop, make sure you are at the bus stop very early. You can also walk or take the internal bus to Martinique if you don't want to chance getting a bus at Trinidad. The skyliner from CBR is great for Epcot and HS. If you go to AoA you have to get off the skyliner and back in line at CBR to go to either of those locations.

No problem using luggage cart...heck it is even on disney's plandisney site. Since the pandemic started, we have used them many times....Copper Creek, Riviera, Coronado to list a few. If we have a lot of stuff we usually just pull up to the front, ask for a cart, unload onto cart and someone will hang out with the cart until I park and return.

Last edited:
No problem using luggage cart...heck it is even on disney's plandisney site. Since the pandemic started, we have used them many times....Copper Creek, Riviera, Coronado to list a few. If we have a lot of stuff we usually just pull up to the front, ask for a cart, unload onto cart and someone will hang out with the cart until I park and return.
That hasn't been my experience (AKL), and I've worked at non-Disney hotels where the luggage carts were not permitted for guest use. I believe Universal does not typically permit them for guest use either. As I said above, YMMV and it may be CM dependent, but most bell services staff (when fully staffed) will want the tips and will want to provide the service for you.

If it were me; I'd probably either change or be willing to walk up to at least the Old Port (me- I'd walk to Martinque) buse stop pretty early if I was wanting to ensure I was on the first bus from CBR. Having said all of that; we're a little nuts and really try to be in the parks as soon as is reasonably possible. :)

That is how it was last week. It would stop at Jamaica and then stop at Aruba before heading to the parks. One day on the way to MK, we had the entire bus to ourselves.
So you didn't actually go to all the stops...you had the bus that they seem to running at times during opening where it only goes to Jamaica and Aruba? In that case; yes I don't think anyone's disputing that if it's only making those 2 stops that it would indeed stop at Jamaica first. I think the confusion was during times that the bus is making all of the stops at CBR. - During those times I've only ever seen it start at Martinique, with Aruba last. - One positive thing with Covid is that it seems they're running more buses to just Jamaica/Aruba which is nice for all at the resort.

Our experience as well. We've used them on our own at least at Poly, CBR, AKL, (all since reopening) and both Port Orleans - back when they were open lol. I'm really not sure about the other resorts we've stayed. Interesting to know it's not really meant for guests to use...I never really thought twice about it.

Our experience as well. We've used them on our own at least at Poly, CBR, AKL, (all since reopening) and both Port Orleans - back when they were open lol. I'm really not sure about the other resorts we've stayed. Interesting to know it's not really meant for guests to use...I never really thought twice about it.
Where I worked (not Disney), we had maybe 9 or 10 carts. There was a time when we let guests use them, but then they became abandoned in hallways with none available when a bellman needed them. We also had one break, and sometimes kids would play on them. We ended up having to keep all the luggage carts in the secured area and then assign a bellmen whenever a guest needed assistance. But the main reason at a resort where they aren't permitted for guest use is because when guests can handle luggage themselves, it takes tips away from bell services, which is a tipped position paid similarly like a waiter.

At Disney, bell services also have motorized carts they can drive around so they may be more liberal with the rolling luggage carts. Again, would be up to CM discretion.

EXTREMELY common at the Values for Guests to borrow the Luggage Carts.
Makes sense it would be more common at the values. Deluxe resorts offer the most in the way of service/amenities, so I would expect a deluxe resort to be have more bell staff on hand as a full service type of resort.

I’ve been here since last Thursday, a few thoughts/observations...
1. We’ve visited the pool several afternoons and never experienced a wait (and it’s been super hot). They are doing a good job keeping chairs spaced apart and cleaning them often.
2. As others have said the wait for drinks at the pool bar can be long. Would be nice if you could mobile order from there.
3. Haven’t had any issues at the food court. Mobile order is great and no issues finding a table at breakfast or lunch time. The food was much better than expected!
4. They need to reopen all the dining options. The resort is busy, there’s no reason not to have everything open.
5. Skyliner is so fantastic! Not sure I can stay anywhere off the line again!
6. I thought the mug refill situation would be annoying but it’s actually not bad. I wish they would open the refill stations throughout the resort though.
7. We asked bell services if we could use a luggage cart and they said no problem, just to return it when finished (we didn’t end up using it).

Happy to answer any questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!