Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Yes they are doing movies but they’re publishing the schedule online like they used to. When you check in they can give you the schedule though.
Tagging onto this, the movies are not every night usually 3-4 nights a week. I didn’t notice tie dye going on, but perhaps we just didn’t catch it. They still do the CM led dancing, trivia, etc. poolside each afternoon.

Last edited:
There's no bus from cbr to dhs. Early in line for skyliner should get you there in time to beat them opening temp screenings. If you're going to uber...I'd take it to Swan/Dolphin and walk over. I would NOT uber to dhs - you'll get there way later than skyliner.
So Disney express is not available for transportation to and from the theme parks from the resorts?

So Disney express is not available for transportation to and from the theme parks from the resorts?
There's no bus from cbr to dhs or epcot...there used to be, but they stopped when skyliner started- except for when skyliners down due to weather etc.

We were there last week. If you're wanting to be within the first 10-15 families getting off the skyliner at either DHS or Epcot the following is what I would recommend.

Be at CBR station line for DHS no later than 710 for a 9am park open.

Be at Riviera station line no later than 920 for an 11am open (Riviera station will start boarding before you see anyone coming in from CBR station.)

These were both on werkdays.

Holy Cow! That doesn't sound like very much fun. I always look forward to my WDW trips...until I start thinking about park transport. I'll be missing Universal within minutes of my first bus wait.

Disney’s Magical Express has never been for transportation from resorts to parks. It is MCO to resorts (and back) only.

Disney Transportation - which can be bus, monorail, boat, or Skyliner...or a combination of those offerings - is how you get between resorts to parks/Springs.

At CBR, Disney Transportation is:
Bus to MK, AK, Springs, and water parks
Skyliner to Epcot and Studios. UNLESS it is broken or there is a weather-necessitated closure in which case they have to reroute busses from other resorts to cover those routes.

Can anyone tell me what the dining situation is like at CBR currently? I'm a little bummed not to have a table service option. Are the only two places open the Banana Cabana and Centertown Market? If we mobile order from Centertown Market, is it easy to take it and eat poolside or some otherwise scenic spot on the property? I saw some posters were saying they were getting their resort food thrown together in a box at other resorts. Is it a similar situation at CBR? Trying to gauge if we'd be happy getting food there on our arrival day as we enjoy the pool and explore the resort or if it's worth making table service reservations at another resort.
Those are the only two dining options. Banana Cabana has a couple of snacks, but actual meals would be obtained from Centertown Market. Its pretty easy to walk from the market over to the pool area, but I think there's maybe only like 2 or 3 tables near the pool and they are inside the gated area. They were always occupied when we were there. You can take food in there but if you're not swimming, it may not be ideal. There was ample seating on the patio just outside Centertown Market, right where you will have to exit with your food.

We ate at Centertown twice - once on our arrival day for a quick and convenient lunch and once on departure day for breakfast. It was fine, everything was good and went smoothly, but the options are limited and the atmosphere is a downer. I missed the busy food court environment with families excited and gearing up for a day in the parks.

We were there last week. If you're wanting to be within the first 10-15 families getting off the skyliner at either DHS or Epcot the following is what I would recommend.

Be at CBR station line for DHS no later than 710 for a 9am park open.

Be at Riviera station line no later than 920 for an 11am open (Riviera station will start boarding before you see anyone coming in from CBR station.)

These were both on werkdays.
We had the same experience in October and I totally agree this timing is ideal.

Holy Cow! That doesn't sound like very much fun. I always look forward to my WDW trips...until I start thinking about park transport. I'll be missing Universal within minutes of my first bus wait.
To be fair, the Skyliner starts running about an hour before park opening time. DHS had a 10am opening when we were there, and one day it started running around 8:45 and another day around 8:55. Both times we waited maybe 35-40 minutes in line at the Skyliner station. Still not the most ideal, but its not as if you're waiting 2 hours until park opening. There's also a Joffrey's stand there too, so we saved time in the morning by grabbing coffee and breakfast from there to have while we waited.

The thing is...there is really no need to rope drop so you don't have to be there early. Being able to nab your RotR boarding group from your resort and without FP+, you can still have alot of success and not have to get there that early.

Now, if you want multiple rides on a headliner, yeah...but thats always been the case.

Disney’s Magical Express has never been for transportation from resorts to parks. It is MCO to resorts (and back) only.

Disney Transportation - which can be bus, monorail, boat, or Skyliner...or a combination of those offerings - is how you get between resorts to parks/Springs.

At CBR, Disney Transportation is:
Bus to MK, AK, Springs, and water parks
Skyliner to Epcot and Studios. UNLESS it is broken or there is a weather-necessitated closure in which case they have to reroute busses from other resorts to cover those routes.
Wrong choice of words but meant the bus system to and from the resorts to the parks😜

Just making sure. A lot of people think they're interchangeable. :D
Actually I have another question....I read on the ROR thread not to depend on the Skyline because it is not getting people to HS on time for pre rope drop.... Another poster said not to take Uber.... What would you suggest if we want to get to HS well before RD?

Actually I have another question....I read on the ROR thread not to depend on the Skyline because it is not getting people to HS on time for pre rope drop.... Another poster said not to take Uber.... What would you suggest if we want to get to HS well before RD?

I pretend that Studios don't exist, so I am no help there. I'm sorry!

I have read that people take Lyft or Uber to some gas station near the Swan/Dolphin and walk from there.

If you want to get there well before rope drop, the best option is probably still to Uber to the Speedway and then walk across the street to DHS. I've heard of people also Ubering to Swan/Dolphin and walking from there, but I'm not sure if they've put any controls in place to prevent this like the Disney resorts have (i.e. Boardwalk).

We took the Skyliner from CBR. I'm not sure exactly what time the park opened - it was posted opening at 10am and I remember arriving at DHS at 9:18am and people were filtering in. We got quite a bit done before the 10am opening time. The Skyliner started running about 8:45 that day, and we lined up at the Skyliner at 8:10. We did this twice and it worked out fine both times, but we were not concerned with being there prior to rope drop.

For well before rope drop I would still rely on the skyliner. Leave your room 90 minutes before park opening. For a 9 am opening you should be walking to the Skyliner at 7:30 am. They’ll load you on Skyliner around 8 am and you’ll be in line for the park by 8:15 am. Temp checks and gates open at 8:15 am. You’ll be able to breeze right though and be in the park by 8:30 am giving you time to hit 2-3 headliners before lines pile up.

Uber is held back with the cars which aren’t even let into the lots until 8:15 am.

Uber is held back with the cars which aren’t even let into the lots until 8:15 am.
Correct, but as PP mentioned, this is why some of us suggest Ubering to the Speedway across the street or to Swan/Dolphin. This allows people to walk to the DHS gates without the Uber being held up at the lot with other cars wanting to park.

We're going to be in Trinidad. Can we catch the bus there to rope drop or will only full buses be coming by? I'd prefer to not have to go to another stop if possible

We're going to be in Trinidad. Can we catch the bus there to rope drop or will only full buses be coming by? I'd prefer to not have to go to another stop if possible

My In Laws were there 2 weeks ago, and my neighbors are there now and both had no issues making rope drop using the Trinidad stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!