Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know how getting a bus at Trinidad has been? Should we walk to another stop? We'd want to rope drop.

Which one is the more convenient one to everything or which one would you prefer?
I'd go with Martinique...I feel more rooms are closer to lobby/pool - especially with them only having main gate of pool open. which is annoying. Also Martinique is the first bus stop pickup.

Are the bus lines organized? I've heard there has just been a random crowd waiting at times instead of a line. I'm hoping that's not true.

I can't remember where I saw it but at some point going to the parks, Jamaica and Aruba had their own bus but I have no idea if thats still the case or not
I’ve never seen a bus solely for those stops but I wouldn’t ever say never. During our week long stay, we got picked up at the Skyliner station, Aruba and Jamaica and we always picked up other stops. There was no direct to park route from Jamaica or Aruba.

I’ve never seen a bus solely for those stops but I wouldn’t ever say never. During our week long stay, we got picked up at the Skyliner station, Aruba and Jamaica and we always picked up other stops. There was no direct to park route from Jamaica or Aruba.
See this is what drove me nuts...there's just no consistency. Last week when we were there, we walked to Martinique to be picked up first, but only stopped at the main stop, barbados and Trinidad and then went straight to the parks...we weren't totally full but didn't go to aruba/Jamaica... I'm thinking it just depends on any given day.

See this is what drove me nuts...there's just no consistency. Last week when we were there, we walked to Martinique to be picked up first, but only stopped at the main stop, barbados and Trinidad and then went straight to the parks...we weren't totally full but didn't go to aruba/Jamaica... I'm thinking it just depends on any given day.
Buses coming into Cbr start at Jamaica since that’s the first stop near the entrance. The bus wouldn’t go from Martinique and do another circle. The buses do vary all the time but the direction of pickup doesn’t change.

Buses coming into Cbr start at Jamaica since that’s the first stop near the entrance. The bus wouldn’t go from Martinique and do another circle. The buses do vary all the time but the direction of pickup doesn’t change.
No, they don't always and actually think most times they don't. The bus was totally empty each time. We've stayed here before as well and Martinique was usually the first stop. I also asked a cm (although always take it with z grain of salt lol) and they also said usually Martinique. When we returned, coming back from AK we stopped at Jamaica first, but from MK, it wss always Martinique first and Aruba last.

Are resorts like CBR also at a reduced capacity, or is it just the parks? I'm seeing no rooms left at CBR currently and only pirate rooms left for the week I have booked. Does this mean that it is completely or nearly full? Or just sold out of its adjusted capacity?

Along those lines, are there any inklings of when all of the dining options might open up at CBR. Seeing so little room availability makes me wonder why half the restaurants remain closed. Is it still relatively easy to find something to eat there at any time of day? I was wanting to stay there for dinner our first night, but if it's only limited counter service, maybe we're stuck having to go somewhere else?

Are resorts like CBR also at a reduced capacity, or is it just the parks? I'm seeing no rooms left at CBR currently and only pirate rooms left for the week I have booked. Does this mean that it is completely or nearly full? Or just sold out of its adjusted capacity?

Along those lines, are there any inklings of when all of the dining options might open up at CBR. Seeing so little room availability makes me wonder why half the restaurants remain closed. Is it still relatively easy to find something to eat there at any time of day? I was wanting to stay there for dinner our first night, but if it's only limited counter service, maybe we're stuck having to go somewhere else?
Not to my knowledge. I do know when we last stayed in August the Trinidad section was closed so that reduces capacity but we had people in rooms on both sides of us. The resort wasn’t full but it was pretty crowded compared to the other resorts we visited during our stay. Not sure of your dates but I’d keep checking as availability may continue to change.

Are the pirate rooms refurbished and what section are they in? We recently returned and a regular water view room we stayed in was not refurbed.

Are the pirate rooms refurbished and what section are they in? We recently returned and a regular water view room we stayed in was not refurbed.
It’s been a few years since CBR was refurbished but the regular room you stayed in was last refurbished in 2015. Not sure on the pirate rooms, think they had minor updating in 2018 like wall mounted TV, sheets and linen change, minor soft goods nothing major.

We are currently booked in a standard room and DO NOT want a pirate room. Previously (2015) I was booked in a standard room and was put in a pirate room at check in, and i asked to be moved to a different room and was given the room change. Given the new COVID protocols, does anyone have a recent experience with getting their room changes upon checkin?

We are currently booked in a standard room and DO NOT want a pirate room. Previously (2015) I was booked in a standard room and was put in a pirate room at check in, and i asked to be moved to a different room and was given the room change. Given the new COVID protocols, does anyone have a recent experience with getting their room changes upon checkin?

Best advice is be familiar with the building numbers so that you can tell from that. They are a lot more amenable to changes (IF AVAILABLE) if you have not already gone to the room.

If you booked a standard room you should not get a pirate room. If for some reason they try to “upgrade” you , I would insist on getting what you have reserved.

Does anyone know what's on the Joffrey's stand menu near the Skyliner station? Are you allowed to drink coffee while waiting in line for the Skyliner? We'd be sure to start 6 ft. From others & would put our masks on in between sips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter